Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Evils Of Music - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Evils Of Music (11562 Views)

Two Things That Bring Goodness And Prevent Evils / The Evils Of Interest Based Loans & Mortgages / Prophetic Ways To Protect Your Children From Evils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evils Of Music by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:08am On Apr 06, 2018
Musical Instruments eg drums,flute, piano, violin, etc is forbidden in Islam. Evidence abound in the Muslim Books that points to this. And what is called ''Islamic Music'' is just like saying ''Islamic wine'' or "Islamic Pork".

Al-Qaasim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Singing is part of falsehood. Al-Hasan (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: if there is music involved in a dinner invitation (waleemah), do not accept the invitation (al-Jaami by al-Qayrawaani, p. 262-263).

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The view of the four Imaams is that all kinds of musical instruments are haraam. It was reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaari and elsewhere that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that there would be among his ummah those who would allow zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments, and he said that they would be transformed into monkeys and pigs… None of the followers of the imaams mentioned any dispute concerning the matter of music. (al-Majmoo’, 11/576).

Al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The four madhhabs are agreed that all musical instruments are haraam. (al-Saheehah, 1/145).

Muslims who truly follow the Qur'an and traditions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) should avoid Musical Instruments. And whoever has an inquisitive mind can research further. A Muslim should not accept everything given to him until it is confirmed authentically proven in the Shar'iah of Islam.

Here are some evils of Music as found in the society today:

1. Hatred of Islamic laws & rulings: A lover of Music will detest Qur'anic recitation. This can be seen in the crop of kids/adults we have nowadays! To Memorise verses of the Qur'an or hadiths is a herculean task while "one Corner" or "Science Student" can be sung with no stress. The kids can even explain alternative names for drugs, wines and sex to you.

A lover of Music would be an unconscious Muslim. He would be lagging in his Islamic duties. This is understandable as music promotes trends and one can copy ''Michael Jackson'' in his trouser length but can't imitate the Prophet in the way he dresses. Also, we see so many forms of scarfs, Pashmina, and other substitutes for the full Hijab. Music tends to promote nudity especially for the females.

2. The Popular Musicians are unworthy Role models: The Role model of a Muslim Should be the Prophet, his wives and the companions! But how many Muslim knows about the way they lived? Alternatively, we are engrossed in discussing Musicians, their lifestyle, account balance, their girlfriends, baby mamas, the number of kid they had out of wedlock, the crowd at their shows, their dance moves, etc.

3. Evil Music: Music is being used to promote almost anything evil. Alcohol, drugs, weed, free mixing, sex, indecent dressings/nudity, lies, rape, stealing by trick (Yahoo Yahoo), etc are promoted by Music.

Also Gambling, Lesbianism, Gayism, Bisexualism, Transgender are gradually being promoted through Videos, sports and Entertainment as its being called.

Some music describe the details of females and sex. A growing lady who is a lover of music will see herself as a tool of sexual gratification by men! Fornication, dating/courtship are not sinful in the eyes of the Music lover. Music makes what Allaah forbid seem good to the ear.

And some will still be whiling away time with Music/Films during Ramadan!

Dear Muslims, It's high time we cured ourselves from Music addiction before it destroys our spirituality! May Allaah grant us understanding!

To find out how to teach your kid to memorise the Qur'an go to:
https://www.nairaland.com/4448073/how-she-teach-five-year-old-sister#66638776

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evils Of Music by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:33am On Apr 07, 2018
Onechancearmy:
I'm adding this to the list of things banned in Islam that I know:

1. Intelligence
2. Equal Rights
3. Football
4. Common Sense

And a million other things..

If intelligence was banned in Islam then you wont be able to list 1,2,3,4 as above. Arabic Numerals are from where?

By equal rights, do you mean a ship have two commanders with equal rights?

Football is not banned in and of itself! Betting, alcohol, indecent dressing and some other actions that usually follows it are what is banned.

I think it's evident who doesn't have common sense here.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evils Of Music by tintingz(m): 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
Music is good for the mental state, there are lots of benefits in good music.

I still don't understand why Muslim of this 21st century still stuck to archaic middle East practice..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evils Of Music by marvin906(m): 10:04am On Apr 13, 2018
if i talk one mod will come and banned me
no wahala
ruling dey for music
ok

6 Likes

Re: Evils Of Music by Afobear: 10:08am On Apr 13, 2018
Wetin no be Haram for this Islam self ? Memorizing the wuran and Hadith never makes you a better person than the other . Religion is a personal something ,tstop promoting hatred with it . When you die,religion will still be

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evils Of Music by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 13, 2018
What a sad way to live. Religion is indeed a bondage.
Fuçk the declaration on my profile, Jesus remains The only true God.

21 Likes

Re: Evils Of Music by DKJaleel: 10:28am On Apr 13, 2018
I'm currently listening to a radio station and they're playing Islamic music.. And e be like say na air and water de make the melody

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evils Of Music by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 13, 2018
Even the Muslims are all avoiding this thread because this one no gree them do cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Evils Of Music by poseidon7: 10:30am On Apr 13, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

If intelligence was banned in Islam then you wont be able to list 1,2,3,4 as above. Arabic Numerals are from where?

By equal rights, do you mean a ship have two commanders with equal rights?

Football is not banned in and of itself! Betting, alcohol, indecent dressing and some other actions that usually follows it are what is banned.

I think it's evident who doesn't have common sense here.

lol if you're comparing your life to a ship, it is evident common sense is an abomination for you guys and i dont blame you really, you think you're intelligent for being able to numbers...you for no sabi read numbers na

2 Likes

Re: Evils Of Music by poseidon7: 10:35am On Apr 13, 2018
music is evil...what a sad life you guys live cry cry
no wonder the people really practicing the religion as it is detailed keep bombing themselves... hopefully internet and western media becomes haram so you guys can blossom in your sad ways of life

10 Likes

Re: Evils Of Music by Qasim6(m): 10:39am On Apr 13, 2018
Despite the fact that all said by Op are very obvious in our society, people still have the audacity to speak otherwise.

I can see the level of decadence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evils Of Music by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 13, 2018
Listening to music is what you call decadence? Wow! So what would you call your Alhajis that molest little girls all in the name of religion and those that bomb and cut up their fellow humans in the name of Allah? I’d really like to know
Qasim6:
Despite the fact that all said by Op are very obvious in our society, people still have the audacity to speak otherwise.

I can see the level of decadence.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evils Of Music by tomdon(m): 11:09am On Apr 13, 2018
I needed to comment and the only way is to claim what I'm not.
Seun of nairaland I think you are bias

How can musical instruments be evil.
Islam is a religion of confusion

Good things are bad to them yet they use all those things.

Hypocrites. Worse than Pharisees and Sadducees!

1 Like

Re: Evils Of Music by Alajiki(m): 11:21am On Apr 13, 2018
I can see y'all self acclaimed sons and daughters of God haemorraging over this thred as if it addresses your faith. Why don't y'all shove your hate up your f**king ass and leave the Muslims and Islam alone.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Evils Of Music by zakari247(m): 11:35am On Apr 13, 2018
Rashduct4luv:
Musical Instruments eg drums,flute, piano, violin, etc is forbidden in Islam. Evidence abound in the Muslim Books that points to this. And what is called ''Islamic Music'' is just like saying ''Islamic wine'' or "Islamic Pork".

Al-Qaasim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Singing is part of falsehood. Al-Hasan (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: if there is music involved in a dinner invitation (waleemah), do not accept the invitation (al-Jaami by al-Qayrawaani, p. 262-263).

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The view of the four Imaams is that all kinds of musical instruments are haraam. It was reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaari and elsewhere that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that there would be among his ummah those who would allow zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments, and he said that they would be transformed into monkeys and pigs… None of the followers of the imaams mentioned any dispute concerning the matter of music. (al-Majmoo’, 11/576).

Al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The four madhhabs are agreed that all musical instruments are haraam. (al-Saheehah, 1/145).

Muslims who truly follow the Qur'an and traditions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) should avoid Musical Instruments. And whoever has an inquisitive mind can research further. A Muslim should not accept everything given to him until it is confirmed authentically proven in the Shar'iah of Islam.

1. Hatred of Islamic laws & rulings: A lover of Music will detest Qur'anic recitation. This can be seen in the crop of kids/adults we have nowadays! To Memorise verses of the Qur'an or hadiths is a herculean task while "one Corner" or "Science Student" can be sung with no stress. The kids can even explain alternative names for drugs, wines and sex to you.

A lover of Music would be an unconscious Muslim. He would be lagging in his Islamic duties. This is understandable as music promotes trends and one can copy ''Michael Jackson'' in his trouser length but can't imitate the Prophet in the way he dresses. Also, we see so many forms of scarfs, Pashmina, and other substitutes for the full Hijab. Music tends to promote nudity especially for the females.

2. The Popular Musicians are unworthy Role models: The Role model of a Muslim Should be the Prophet, his wives and the companions! But how many Muslim knows about the way they lived? Alternatively, we are engrossed in discussing Musicians, their lifestyle, account balance, their girlfriends, baby mamas, the number of kid they had out of wedlock, the crowd at their shows, their dance moves, etc.

3. Evil Music: Music is being used to promote almost anything evil. Alcohol, drugs, weed, free mixing, sex, indecent dressings/nudity, lies, rape, stealing by trick (Yahoo Yahoo), etc are promoted by Music.

Also Gambling, Lesbianism, Gayism, Bisexualism, Transgender are gradually being promoted through Videos, sports and Entertainment as its being called.

Some music describe the details of females and sex. A growing lady who is a lover of music will see herself as a tool of sexual gratification by men! Fornication, dating/courtship are not sinful in the eyes of the Music lover. Music makes what Allaah forbid seem good to the ear.

Dear Muslims, It's high time we cured ourselves from Music addiction before it destroys our spirituality! May Allaah grant us understanding!

ya akhi these is our problem in Islam where we hold the view of some schools of thoughts or madzababs as divine. while it is true that Islam prohibits music involving immorality and idle tales. Music is beyond what all the madzahabs thinks they are not as exposed to diversity and history coupled with deep reasoning. its not possible that a human with listen to Qur'an for every without listening to other things for enjoyments. music are used in marriages, in festivals, music was used by black Africans to protests against their white masters. don't forget when a young lad was singing and dancing in the prophet house and abubakar objected the prophet told him to allow her for ever people with her culture. look the human soul is very flexible with choice and wallahi you can take one thing out without replacing it with another. Allah said no zinna and the only true alternative was marriage "nikkah". for bad and harram music the alternative is the good music of naseed .the human soul is naturally attracted to sound. the problem here is how good is the sound. we use music to teach children thing and they grap the concept faster. I'm a teacher and I know what I'm saying. so its high time we start applying reasoning from a diverse sense than hook our self with rigidity of some men who we think are more intelligent to ever other men.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evils Of Music by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:37am On Apr 13, 2018
twilliamx:
For this single fact alone shows Islam is fake. Because There is no race, tribe or people that the real God did not endow with musical capability, if you now use it to worship him is ur choice, he even endowed animals like � birds the ability to make music. Islam is one big fat lie. God loves music. Jesus is Lord.

Bring a Bible verse where Jesus says God/he loves Music!

Bring a verse where people were dancing to a song to praise God of which Jesus approved.

If you cant even bring a evidence the Jesus approved of Music then your brain is fake!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evils Of Music by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:46am On Apr 13, 2018
zakari247:
ya akhi these is our problem in Islam where we hold the view of some schools of thoughts or madzababs as divine. while it is true that Islam prohibits music involving immorality and idle tales. Music is beyond what all the madzahabs thinks they are not as exposed to diversity and history coupled with deep reasoning. its not possible that a human with listen to Qur'an for every without listening to other things for enjoyments. music are used in marriages, in festivals, music was used by black Africans to protests against their white masters. don't forget when a young lad was singing and dancing in the prophet house and abubakar objected the prophet told him to allow her for ever people with her culture. look the human soul is very flexible with choice and wallahi you can take one thing out without replacing it with another. Allah said no zinna and the only true alternative was marriage "nikkah". for bad and harram music the alternative is the good music of naseed .the human soul is naturally attracted to sound. the problem here is how good is the sound. we use music to teach children thing and they grap the concept faster. I'm a teacher and I know what I'm saying. so its high time we start applying reasoning from a diverse sense than hook our self
with rigidity of some men who we think are more intelligent to ever other men.

Those men of cos were more intelligent and OK than you! Before you comment on a religious matter, whatever you say must conform to the Qur'an and the traditions of the Prophet. Musical instrument is haram from our books.

And how many music were used to train you till you reached this level? Read the post again! Especially the first paragraph!

2 Likes

Re: Evils Of Music by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 13, 2018
Am a muslim but archaic middle East practice is not right,I only follow anything right inthe quran so far it moral. Music is good,it a stress reliever,what is bad sexual and immoral musics.But good music with good lyics re good.

Am not a muslim fanatic,am educated nd I know wong from. Rights.

Quote me but red my signture first

1 Like

Re: Evils Of Music by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2018
poseidon7:

lol if you're comparing your life to a ship, it is evident common sense is an abomination for you guys and i dont blame you really, you think you're intelligent for being able to numbers...you for no sabi read numbers na

If your brother lacks common sense does that mean common sense is extinct in your family? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Evils Of Music by agarawu23(m): 11:50am On Apr 13, 2018
tintingz:
Music is good for the mental state, there are lots of benefits in good music.

I still don't understand why Muslim of this 21st century still stuck to archaic middle East practice..

even the Middle East don't take religion as we carry am for head like plantain for Nigeria. I have been to 3 different Arab countries, they fornicate, drink alcohol and smoke weed but still perform five times daily prayer.

Even in Saudi Arabia where we have all the signs of Allah, they listen to music, drink alcohol (secretly) and fornicate.

We can't be like the (then) prophets, Even God himself knows these generations can't be like the prophets that worshipped him wholeheartedly. We will only try our best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evils Of Music by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:51am On Apr 13, 2018
Lilisticlili:
Am a muslim but archaic middle East practice is not right,I only follow anything right inthe quran so far it moral. Music is good,it a stress reliever,what is bad sexual and immoral musics.But good music with good lyics re good.

Am not a muslim fanatic,am educated nd I know wong from. Rights.

Quote me but red my signture first

Even the Qur'an you profess to follow will be a "moderate interpretation".

The Qur'an says Music is haram though! So i wonder which Qur'an you follow?

1 Like

Re: Evils Of Music by zakari247(m): 11:55am On Apr 13, 2018
not all music is harram. pork is harram not all meat is, alcoholic drink is harram not all drinks, zinna is harram not meeting with your lawful partner. wallahi Islam is simple all these things you put here without explaining indept portrays Islam as unbearable. some music are harram not all even during the prophet the sahabas compose poem against the mushriks, they pass messages with music. and poem is another kind of music which might involves instrument or not. so not all music is harram. I do shi'ir in my islamic school which is called poem as a subject. again remember that the prophet was welcomed into madina with music. it even in our hadith of annawawi " talaba badru allaina... " . we know what music is for the black people not today's r&b, hihop and the rest . mean the true African music. brother go study history you will truely understand what music is. the first point to protest against the tormented slaves was music is that also harram. the music about the Palestinians sang by yusuf islam portraying the injustice in the land is it also harram. I can go on brother but I hope you will pick reasoning than relaying just what a few scholars had say not paying respect to the human perspective.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evils Of Music by twilliamx(m): 11:57am On Apr 13, 2018
Alajiki:
I can see y'all self acclaimed sons and daughters of God haemorraging over this thred as if it addresses your faith. Why don't y'all shove your hate up your f**king ass and leave the Muslims and Islam alone.

Note saying f**king ass is haram. They might for you ass soon
Re: Evils Of Music by zakari247(m): 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Those men of cos were more intelligent and OK than you! Before you comment on a religious matter, whatever you say must conform to the Qur'an and the traditions of the Prophet. Musical instrument is haram from our books.

And how many music were used to train you till you reached this level? Read the post again! Especially the first paragraph!
no they are intellectuals of their time. and I am an intellectual of my time so it is foolish to say they are more intelligent than myself or me of themselves. with the details we had today we got understand better of embryology in the Qur'an and cosmology as portrayed in suratul yasin. these guy wouldn't have sure known these. so intelligence is best described at the time you leave. I said some music are harram and not all. and look the Qur'an it such a book that don't just need scholars, it also needs reasoning, conformance of the human paradigm, history and time. the Qur'an it not rigid. I know exactly that verse that made you think it was prohibited. but actually it was not a prohibition but a warning to those who use it to pass slander and as the poor character of those who engaged in it. if you must quote me please do that in respect to my point and stop been a sophist.and last stop going emotional in argument those madzhabs were humans whom dedicated their time to study but who is more intelligent Allah alone knows. was ibilis not intelligent but was he more than the other created being. or are these created being more intelligent. if really want to understand intelligence to readbooks of harun yahaya. his a Turkish and his book specifically intelligence in creation. and don't forget the Qur'an in two part, the specific and the unspecific. the specifics are are the established laws of Shari'a they are not debatable in Islam while the later we can only give a near guess from qiyas, and the best decision arrived at is based on the majority of the scholars but that yet can not be completely true given that only Allah knows the interpretation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evils Of Music by aminusanti(m): 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

jazakkallah hair Bro..Nice write up

1 Like

Re: Evils Of Music by iamgenius(m): 1:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
Lilisticlili:
if quran says "enter fire will u enter?" My dear,if music is haram then it means the device you are using to browse too is haram. Pls do what is morally right,some things in the quran was written out of the cannal knowledge of the prophet and not from Allah.

Don't be decieved
Boko haram says western education is haram and yet they re using Bombs and guns and computers.
My dear,we shouldn't decieve ou selfs,pls stoping quoting if u cnt get my message.

Do what is morally right to your self and the world.

You don't have to say anything about what you have no knowledge of. Don't follow your whims and desires. Music is Haraam.

Moreover, if you truly wish to know about Islam and be guided, you don't talk ill of the Beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) like you said above. Anybody who claims to be a Muslim and doesn't accept the Quran as the word of Allah is a Disbeliever in Allah(Non Muslim).

Don't take your Islam from the media.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? / Muslim Converts / Why Do Muslims Eat Wild Boar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.