Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Loss Of Power Honda Crosstour - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Loss Of Power Honda Crosstour (2207 Views)

Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 / Honda Crosstour Pros And Cons / I Need Advice On Honda Crosstour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loss Of Power Honda Crosstour by AerialMapper: 11:14am On Apr 06, 2018
I have a 2012 Honda Accord Crosstour with a little over 50k Km on it. I noticed lack of power during driving and from stop. There is no engine check light and no hard starting. The car has never switched off but it just doesn't accelerate fast enough. What could the problem be? I checked the air filter and it was fine. A mechanic checked the plugs and said they were red meaning the catalytic converters are bad. Before i buy new cats, has anyone tried the thinner in gas tank method or washing in detergent or Sodium Hydroxide solution?
Re: Loss Of Power Honda Crosstour by bravolad(m): 11:45am On Apr 06, 2018
AerialMapper:
I have a 2012 Honda Accord Crosstour with a little over 50k Km on it. I noticed lack of power during driving and from stop. There is no engine check light and no hard starting. The car has never switched off but it just doesn't accelerate fast enough. What could the problem be? I checked the air filter and it was fine. A mechanic checked the plugs and said they were red meaning the catalytic converters are bad. Before i buy new cats, has anyone tried the thinner in gas tank method or washing in detergent or Sodium Hydroxide solution?

Do not put any thinner or solutions to your car fuel tank. Never!

I doubt that mileage on your car...did u obtain a vin report prior to buying the car?

You may have serious misfire but get a competent mechanic who have the right diagnostic tools to carry out proper diagnosis.
Re: Loss Of Power Honda Crosstour by AerialMapper: 12:07pm On Apr 06, 2018
bravolad:

Do not put any thinner or solutions to your car fuel tank. Never!

I doubt that mileage on your car...did u obtain a vin report prior to buying the car?

You may have serious misfire but get a competent mechanic who have the right diagnostic tools to carry out proper diagnosis.

The mileage is correct. It was bought brand new from Honda place and not used regularly. I agree with the misfire cos i tried to over accelerate it and go a serious engine rattle, the check light and VSC light came on . I switched off and restarted and the light was gone. So you think that it could have codes stored even if the check light is not on?
Re: Loss Of Power Honda Crosstour by tollybloggz(m): 12:18pm On Apr 06, 2018
It may b your car fuel pump is gone try check dat too.
Re: Loss Of Power Honda Crosstour by mayor2013: 12:53pm On Apr 06, 2018
Your car problem seems to be a disaster waiting to happen. Looks like a blocked catalytic converter. Have both upstream cat and down stream cat inspected if any.all in all run a scan too and post test result here
Re: Loss Of Power Honda Crosstour by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 06, 2018
OP, you’re priming yourself for a very expensive mistake.

For the love of god just go and join a Honda forum. Then search on there.
Re: Loss Of Power Honda Crosstour by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2018
mayor2013:
Your car problem seems to be a disaster waiting to happen. Looks like a blocked catalytic converter. Have both upstream cat and down stream cat inspected if any.all in all run a scan too and post test result here

we have a winner grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice On Nissan Murano 2009/2010 / Buying A Car In Nigeria - A Difficult Task! / Hire Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.