Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,585 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 (1099 Views)

FG Increases Unity Schools’ Fees From ₦45,000 To ₦100,000 / Kaduna University Hikes Tuition Fees From N26000 To N500000 For Non Indigenes / IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by lackren(m): 4:53pm On Apr 06, 2018
The Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State has released the school fees for all undergraduate students.

The governing council of the institution made an announcement on Thursday, April 5 by Dr. Tunji Abayomi, the chairman and Pro-Chancellor of the council that the extensive consultations on the resumption of AdekunleAjasin University, AAUA which has been delayed due to lack of fund.
Law -N150,000 – N180,000

Biochemistry – N180,000 for retuning Students
read the full story here
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by obonujoker(m): 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2018
Good.... una must suffer and wail.... shebi una no wan get sense.... grin
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by CodeTemplar: 5:36pm On Apr 06, 2018
I know a lot of folks will look at the state of things in Nigeria generally and conclude that this is harsh but to me, the increase isn't that much. Considering what govt contribute toward educating each student per year the students aren't paying any special fee here.

Certificate has become worthless partly because of the cheap fee and low standard.
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2018
CodeTemplar:
I know a lot of folks will look at the state of things in Nigeria generally and conclude that this is harsh but to me, the increase isn't that much. Considering what govt contribute toward educating each student per year the students aren't paying any special fee here.

Certificate has become worthless partly because of the cheap fee and low standard.
just re read the crap u typed,how much is minimum wage,n is salary consistent?,u r wicked n senseless how do u expect d poor to raise the money

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by daaniiel: 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2018
Thank God i did obtain anoda jamb form grin
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by Jethrolite(m): 7:20pm On Apr 06, 2018
otuekong1:
just re read the crap u typed,how much is minimum wage,n is salary consistent?,u r wicked n senseless how do u expect d poor to raise the money
Education is not cheap, parents should learn to save for their children's education right from when they born until 17 to 20 years when the child is ready for Higher institution.

The problem I have with the increment is there's no increase in quality of education.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by kingchris30(m): 7:34pm On Apr 06, 2018
I haven't heard any Good news about this governor and his wife, anyway ondo people voted him, their problem

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by CodeTemplar: 7:44pm On Apr 06, 2018
otuekong1:
The fact that an admission seeker is poor does not merit him or her govt subsidy. Most of those enjoying the subsidy are doing it through dubious means and don't merit admission. It is now cheaper to bribe 250k into a fed uni like Uniben or futo than pay 750k per year in private uni. At the end of the day the govt spends about N1.6m per science student in federal uni. That money doesn't necessarily go to the poor again as you are wrongly assuming.
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by CodeTemplar: 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2018
Cc: HigherEd.
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 06, 2018
CodeTemplar:
The fact that an admission seeker is poor does not merit him or her govt subsidy. Most of those enjoying the subsidy are doing it through dubious means and don't merit admission. It is now cheaper to bribe 250k into a fed uni like Uniben or futo than pay 750k per year in private uni. At the end of the day the govt spends about N1.6m per science student in federal uni. That money doesn't necessarily go to the poor again as you are wrongly assuming.
u just said private universation lets be candid,how can parents that earn #18000 minimum wage save for their children education,mind u ondo is a pure government n agrorian state,with very very few viable private companies, i just pity d indegenes that voted for akeredolu hoping things will be better but its terrible,may Gods Wrath Fall On Diz Govt
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by CodeTemplar: 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2018
otuekong1:
u just said private universation lets be candid,how can parents that earn #18000 minimum wage save for their children education,mind u ondo is a pure government n agrorian state,with very very few viable private companies, i just pity d indegenes that voted for akeredolu hoping things will be better but its terrible,may Gods Wrath Fall On Diz Govt
People in private uni too struggle with fees.
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by daveP(m): 9:37pm On Apr 06, 2018
Please who else wanna join me and write a computer program that predicts the actions of any governor from inauguration to departure from office. They always suck, and are predictable.

same old bunch that graduated from the agbada in 1950s to Suit in 2000s....

Shame.

Which parent would afford such a hellish raise.

They, in their desperation for where to see cash, always turn to the home universities and stunt the progress of supposed leaders of tomorrow. this is crap.

Bill Gates will continue to be proved right until Daura Return loads.
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:41pm On Apr 06, 2018
We noticed that the university was attended more by the rich that is why we hike the fee - Akeredolu hahaha sorry Amaechi grin grin grin

N180,000 in a country where workers are barely collecting N18,000 as minimum wage undecided issorit

Are these leaders not encouraging crime

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by Israeljones(m): 11:02pm On Apr 06, 2018
CodeTemplar:

This comment is just plainly stupid and callous too.
are u trying to make sense now or you trying to sound learned, well, either way u sound very foolish bros...
if ur father is Akeredolu tell him,, isrealjones said he is the most stupid ediot ever created.. rubbish
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by CodeTemplar: 12:04am On Apr 07, 2018
Israeljones:

This comment is just plainly stupid and callous too.
are u trying to make sense now or you trying to sound learned, well, either way u sound very foolish bros...
if ur father is Akeredolu tell him,, isrealjones said he is the most stupid ediot ever created.. rubbish
In the bible, anywhere u see poverty u also see foolishness not very far. Poverty is close friend with foolishness.
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 07, 2018
CodeTemplar:
People in private uni too struggle with fees.
how can an average man send his children to school, for the records ondo is an oil producing state,and did he told his people when campaigning that he will drop d fees,my friend be sincere to ur conscience not because u support akeredolu.
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by CodeTemplar: 8:07am On Apr 07, 2018
otuekong1:
how can an average man send his children to school, for the records ondo is an oil producing state,and did he told his people when campaigning that he will drop d fees,my friend be sincere to ur conscience not because u support akeredolu.
I am not an akeredolu supporter man. how long shall govt subsidize dull people who are only after kpali? Education isnt cheap bros.
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 07, 2018
CodeTemplar:
I am not an akeredolu supporter man. how long shall govt subsidize dull people who are only after kpali? Education isnt cheap bros.
Education Is Not Cheap But Its A Necessity N D Right Of All Citizens,oga 300% is damnly too much now,what is he doing with 13% oil derivation
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by CodeTemplar: 8:22am On Apr 07, 2018
otuekong1:
Education Is Not Cheap But Its A Necessity N D Right Of All Citizens,oga 300% is damnly too much now,what is he doing with 13% oil derivation
Your sense of entitlement is hugely flawed bros. Education isn't the entitlement of everyone. if govt subsidizes everyone hugely, who then subsidizes the govt?
In a situation like this where there many admission seekers into the subsidized schools the govt uses a cut off mark to admit the brilliant ones.
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 07, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Your sense of entitlement is hugely flawed bros. Education isn't the entitlement of everyone. if govt subsidizes everyone hugely, who then subsidizes the govt?
In a situation like this where there many admission seekers into the subsidized schools the govt uses a cut off mark to admit the brilliant ones.
have u read vision 2020,and was d state instutions budgeted for in 2018 budget,why 300% hike
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by decomzy1o1: 10:27am On Apr 07, 2018
Re: Akeredolu Increases Adekunle Ajasin Varsity School Fees From N25,000 To N180,000 by MrEgghead(m): 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
lackren:
The Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State has released the school fees for all undergraduate students.

The governing council of the institution made an announcement on Thursday, April 5 by Dr. Tunji Abayomi, the chairman and Pro-Chancellor of the council that the extensive consultations on the resumption of AdekunleAjasin University, AAUA which has been delayed due to lack of fund.
Law -N150,000 – N180,000

Biochemistry – N180,000 for retuning Students
read the full story here
It's high time the student union Government of that Institution stood its ground and vehemently fight for the rights of the aggrieved students.. Even if the SUG is not functional, I don't expect the students to just fold their arms and watch things go astray..The students should take their destiny to their own hands because these people only hearken to mass backlash.. Social platforms could be used to spearheard the protest.. Such increment is highly ridiculous, preposterous and barbaric. It portrays how our Nonchalant, egoistic and selfish these so called administrators could be.
The student Union should stand what it believes is right, no backlash will likely result to wanton future occurrences.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Federal Poly Oko Atani Campus Students Goes Fishing / Covenant University School Fees For Undergraduate 2019/20 / NSE Rewards 2020 Best JAMB Candidates With N16m (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.