Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,086 members, 7,807,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? (33405 Views)

Economist: How Can I Spend 70k A Month. / I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara / "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by obowunmi(m): 7:25am On Apr 07, 2018
Travel out quietly.

4 Likes

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Ellabae(f): 7:25am On Apr 07, 2018
Footysport:
**This is my opinion.**

For such large amount to be deposited into your account, it's either your account is being use for Fraud or the mistake comes from depositor or Cashier.

**My advice**

Wait for 2 days at least or 1 week at most. If this problem comes from bank, I don't see why they won't rectify it before 24 hours. If your account is still active or the money is still there after the given time please start making plan for big money.

** NOTE**:: If you decide to alert your nearest bank, this money might not get to the owner. If those at the bank are corrupt, they might make use of this cute money cool. My brother, you will still attend court if there is problem in future cool.

**My advice**

Move this money to another bank and fix it. The interest that comes with this should be yours. And when Casala burst, you can pay that crazy bank and keep your interest. Make sure you spend the money wisely and don't compete with Gee' boys in club..

***FINALLY**

please don't let this opportunity pass you by. This opportunity comes once in a while. Be ready to attend court for that 100million. That money worth any stress you will pass through

**SOME NAIRALANDER'S WILL CALL ME CRAZY GUY. YES NIGERIA MADE ME THIS WAY. IF YOU LET OPPORTUNITY PASS YOU BY, YOUR CHANCE OF MAKING IT IS VERY SMALL tongue tongue
Bros u funny o. Good morning
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Gkemz: 7:25am On Apr 07, 2018
Money that mistakenly finds its way into your account doesn't belong to you and therefore should be returned or kept untouched to avoid repaying with anus. Some crazy guys are saying they'd spend it or move it to another account to yield interest. Well, you don't have right to move what doesn't belong to you, even the account you operate though may be bearing your name but it statutorily belongs to the bank and govt which has the right to deactivate or initiate penalty on the culprit.

1 Like

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by thiinjay(m): 7:27am On Apr 07, 2018
Footysport:
**This is my opinion.**

For such large amount to be deposited into your account, it's either your account is being use for Fraud or the mistake comes from depositor or Cashier.

**My advice**

Wait for 2 days at least or 1 week at most. If this problem comes from bank, I don't see why they won't rectify it before 24 hours. If your account is still active or the money is still there after the given time please start making plan for big money.

** NOTE**:: If you decide to alert your nearest bank, this money might not get to the owner. If those at the bank are corrupt, they might make use of this cute money cool. My brother, you will still attend court if there is problem in future cool.

**My advice**

Move this money to another bank and fix it. The interest that comes with this should be yours. And when Casala burst, you can pay that crazy bank and keep your interest. Make sure you spend the money wisely and don't compete with Gee' boys in club..

***FINALLY**

please don't let this opportunity pass you by. This opportunity comes once in a while. Be ready to attend court for that 100million. That money worth any stress you will pass through

**SOME NAIRALANDER'S WILL CALL ME CRAZY GUY. YES NIGERIA MADE ME THIS WAY. IF YOU LET OPPORTUNITY PASS YOU BY, YOUR CHANCE OF MAKING IT IS VERY SMALL tongue tongue

Very smart move. Best advice to the question. You can't lose all ways if you worked with this method

1 Like

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by tayo4ng(m): 7:27am On Apr 07, 2018
I ll get a lawyer for myself and the highest is for the judge to ask me to pay 10m for my bail from the money

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by 4reala(m): 7:29am On Apr 07, 2018
zlatanized007:
hi everyone! I am currently carrying out a research project on the following items on the Nigerian Postal System, (Lagos, specifically) and desperately need more information:

---- Current workforce size of post offices and sorting centres in Lagos
---- Average hourly rate including social costs
---- Average logistics warehouse rental rate /m2/month
---- Number of sorting centres in Lagos
---- Total number of employees on the sorting centre
---- sorting time window on the sorting centre
----- Total number of employees on the post offices
----- Number of post offices
----- quantities of letter and flats per year
----- quantity of registered mail per year
----- number of china parcels per year
----- number of sorting phases

please if you can drop useful links or information related to the above, please do, I have scanned through the NIPOST website with very little info. coming out.I know this platform contains many important people who are highly knowledgeable....God bless!
You are suppose to open ur own thread, nd pple will be able to reach u there, instead of encroaching on someone's thread. U are already committing an offence by doing this
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by UDUJ(m): 7:29am On Apr 07, 2018
Ekitimadman:
There was an arguement today about this topic. If 100million is mistakenly deposited into my account over 24hours and I manage to withdraw 50 million. What will happen when I get arrested?

You will be asked to refund the money failure which you will be given free accommodation in a cell cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 07, 2018
webincomeplus:
Calm down Mr man. Your blood too dey hot for early morning now. I just booked the space while I modified the comments as it is a long story. Go and read again.
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by tosyne2much(m): 7:34am On Apr 07, 2018
Trendy247:
Na so union Bank mistakenly credit me with 10k instead of 1k dat year. Dem no allow me sleep 4 nyt with calls
You don't mean it cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by MxFactor: 7:35am On Apr 07, 2018
If such happens just contact a very bad good lawyer. First the bank can't withdraw the money without you. If they try it, called CBN alleged the bank have stolen your money, na there wahala start for you and them. They will beg you at last.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by 1x2x3: 7:36am On Apr 07, 2018
Withdraw 10M from that money. Place a bet of 2 odds.... Win 20M then return the 10M into the account and call the bank.

10M made under 24hrs.

9 Likes

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by rarry(m): 7:37am On Apr 07, 2018
I received an alert of 11k three days ago, don't know the sender, no word from the bank yet. Imma let it chill a little more, then we go shayooo!

1 Like

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by fineboynl(m): 7:37am On Apr 07, 2018
i know this type of argument. poverty gathering on cheap alcohol and cigarette. "if" i see 100* million pick from ground. "if" bank mistakenly credit my account with 100* million.

povarty have a way of messing up the brain.

10 Likes

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by CriticMaestro: 7:38am On Apr 07, 2018
Ekitimadman:
There was an arguement today about this topic. If 100million is mistakenly deposited into my account over 24hours and I manage to withdraw 50 million. What will happen when I get arrested?

Even if dey go arrest me next week ah go withdraw that money...what rubbish
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by MartinBond(m): 7:38am On Apr 07, 2018
[quote author=Footysport post=66497640]**This is my opinion.**

**My advice**

**My advice**

Finally a real sensible response..

1 Like

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by orlymat: 7:41am On Apr 07, 2018
I will spend it, if de arrest me I will tell them I have been doing prayer and fasting for 7 days now, my God told me clearly to b expecting a miracle. So I felt its d harvest God promised me. I will even warn them not to attempt to truncate God's work else they will invoke his anger upon themself

6 Likes

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by rickyrex(m): 7:42am On Apr 07, 2018
abeg those money wey robbers dey steal from ban who bears the lost?
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by amjustme2: 7:44am On Apr 07, 2018
As long as the money was sent you through the bank you can not eat it and go free no matter how long it takes. Either you refund or you will go to jail.

You should be aware that all record of transactions from all banks in Nigeria stays forever with CBN.

You can also lay claim to if someone find away into your account and transfer funds to another bank account.

1 Like

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Coldfeets: 7:45am On Apr 07, 2018
You will be required to 'mistakenly' refund the money.

And if you can't...

You will be thrown into jail.

No mistakes about that one.

It's only a criminally minded individual who will take what is not his or hers...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Butoneday2(m): 7:47am On Apr 07, 2018
U will transfer from kirikiri to Calabar prison? undecided
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by dammytosh: 7:47am On Apr 07, 2018
U might be eventually arrested.

The bank can claim that a customer's account was compromised and the money was sent to ur account.

That means u are the number 1 suspect.

1 Like

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by mykeltee: 7:47am On Apr 07, 2018
Such can not go out without confirmation.The only way is to use internet banking to pull it out.The branch will confirm the source if it is will be wire at any branch and questions will be asked and some documentation to warrant such credit.

2 Likes

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by okeyfermod(m): 7:47am On Apr 07, 2018
Bank, hence shareholders of the bank.

rickyrex:
abeg those money wey robbers dey steal from ban who bears the lost?

1 Like

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by mykeltee: 7:49am On Apr 07, 2018
MxFactor:
If such happens just contact a very bad good lawyer. First the bank can't withdraw the money without you. If they try it, called CBN alleged the bank have stolen your money, na there wahala start for you and them. They will beg you at last.
oga na lie.....the bank will reverse the transaction.Call 50 SAN's u no go win
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by DavidEsq(m): 7:50am On Apr 07, 2018
Paradigm777:
You will mistakenly serve ur jail term.

Ole!!! cheesy

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by samguru(m): 7:50am On Apr 07, 2018
It is your private account and not public account therefore you have 100 percent right to spend any money in your account.
In case your bank ask you to refund the money,the bank will have to persuade you to refund it and not apply force.

3 Likes

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by mykeltee: 7:51am On Apr 07, 2018
okeyfermod:
Bank, hence shareholders of the bank.
Insurance bear the lost......
Shareholders has nothing to lose inasmuch as is with in their agreed terms

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Alezy(m): 7:51am On Apr 07, 2018
Absolutely nothing
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by maasoap(m): 7:53am On Apr 07, 2018
tayo4ng:
I ll get a lawyer for myself and the highest is for the judge to ask me to pay 10m for my bail from the money
And at the end of the day, judge will collect its own share.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 07, 2018
Footysport:
**This is my opinion.**

**My advice**

**My advice**

***FINALLY**

You make sense
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by greggng: 7:54am On Apr 07, 2018
You will go to jail. You ought to 've notified your bank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Rules Out 2020, As Refinery Gets New Date / Virtual Sports Betting Secrets / Profitable Jobs That Nigerians Dont Like Doing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.