Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) (71782 Views)

One Of The Offa Banks Robbers Identified As A Dismissed Police Officer (Photo) / People Killed In Offa Bank Robbery Loaded In A Truck As Residents Cry (Graphic) / Police Officers And Victims Killed In The Offa Bank Robbery (Graphics Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by dainformant(m): 6:53am On Apr 07, 2018
The death toll from Thursday’s robbery attack in Offa town in Kwara State has risen to at least 30. About 30 robbers had hit the town, raiding five commercial banks along the Owode Market Area of the town in Offa Local Government Area of the state.

The attack which lasted for hours had left the banks damaged with many feared killed and many more injured. The armed robbers were said to have made away with several millions of naira from the banks, leaving behind a tale of sorrow, tears and blood.

Initial reports had put the death toll at between 12 and 15, but the figure has risen significantly.

Nine police officers were among those killed in the attack while there are fears that the death toll may rise as some of the assailants were said to have attacked the police station in the area.

It was gathered that the gunmen arrived the town in seven vehicles and stationed themselves in each of the banks around 4:30 pm and held the town hostage before escaping through Igosun route in the area whey they allegedly abandoned the cars as seen in the pictures... The vehicles have been recovered at taken to the police station in the area..

Some residents in the area described the robbery as bloody and called for more security presence in the town, saying the incident has become an affair of every five years.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/offa-bank-robbery-vehicles-used-by-armed-robbers-for-escape-in-kwara-recovered-photos.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by bjayx: 6:55am On Apr 07, 2018
Insecurity everywhere

6 Likes

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 07, 2018
thank God it was recovered.

2 Likes

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by fiizznation: 6:58am On Apr 07, 2018
I have a problem with this statement; 'If you know the owners call the police' I hope the Nigeria police I know won't accuse the real owners of the cars as accomplices to the arm-robbers.

If any of those cars is one of my car, and some arm-robbers used it to carry a "successful" arm-robbery like this; heaven knows I ain't going to any police division to retrieve that car. Like fvck, we are talking about Nigeria police. Ok, sacrificial car will be my car's new name.

It is well

343 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by olasaad(f): 7:05am On Apr 07, 2018
fiizznation:
If you know the owner call the police I hope the Nigeria police I know won't accuse the real owners of the cars as accomplices to the arm-robbers.

It is well

Lol my thoughts as well. The owner of those car don enter gobe from Nigeria police...they will be suspect number one now

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by dangermouse(m): 7:14am On Apr 07, 2018
fiizznation:
I have a problem with this statement; 'If you know the owners call the police' I hope the Nigeria police I know won't accuse the real owners of the cars as accomplices to the arm-robbers.

If any of those cars is one of my car, and some arm-robbers used it to carry a "successful" arm-robbery like this; heaven knows I ain't going to any police division to retrieve that car. Like fvck, we are talking about Nigeria police. Ok, sacrificial car will be my car's new name.i

It is well

In as much as I support you on this statement,on a second thought I still reason that if actually the cars were snatched from the real owners then they would have reported them stolen to other police stations where they were stolen.

136 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by TheTrueSeeker: 7:16am On Apr 07, 2018
fiizznation:

If any of those cars is one of my car, and some arm-robbers used it to carry a "successful" arm-robbery like this; heaven knows I ain't going to any police division to retrieve that car. Like fvck, we are talking about Nigeria police. Ok, sacrificial car will be my car's new name.

It is well

What about the owners of the cars reporting to the police first that their cars had been stolen before they were abandoned by the robbers? The Law expects you to make an entry in the nearest Police station whenever your sensitive items are stolen so if those items were used for crime, you won't be termed an accomplise

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by BankeSmalls(f): 7:16am On Apr 07, 2018
olasaad:

Lol my thoughts as well. The owner of those car don enter gobe from Nigeria police...they will be suspect number one now

The Nigerian police I know may shoot them in revenge of their lost officers. No questions asked.

35 Likes

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 07, 2018
My prayers and thoughts with the owners of the cars.

The Nigeria police is not what you want to have issues to do with, let alone when they lost their men.

They are not the worst police in the world for nothing, they earned it.

THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN MUST DET FORTH AT DAWN

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by olasaad(f): 7:18am On Apr 07, 2018
BankeSmalls:

The Nigerian police I know may shoot them in revenge of their lost officers. No questions asked.

those people don enter wahala now

2 Likes

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by olatade(m): 7:19am On Apr 07, 2018
stolen vehicles used for robbery operation. i sincerely doubt if the real owners are aware of what their cars were used for

4 Likes

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 07, 2018
Any owner who refuses to show up would be adding fuel to the speculative fire of being an accomplice. Afterall the details of the owners can be fetched from the FRSC portal. How would he defend his actions not to come and claim his vehicle

8 Likes

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by VanNistelrooy24: 7:20am On Apr 07, 2018
5 commercial banks robbed same day? Let the investigations starts and end with the managers abeg.

10 Likes

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by BankeSmalls(f): 7:21am On Apr 07, 2018
olasaad:

those people don enter wahala now

Its already a wahala to be a Nigerian. The difference between the police and thoise who came and attacked the banks are getting smaller.

7 Likes

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by BankeSmalls(f): 7:22am On Apr 07, 2018
VanNistelrooy24:
5 commercial banks robbed same day? Let the investigations starts and end with the managers abeg.

You think the 5 managers will call robbers to rob their banks? How old are you?

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by BankeSmalls(f): 7:27am On Apr 07, 2018
dangermouse:

In as much as I support you on this statement,on a second thought I still reason that if actually the cars were snatched from the real owners then they would have reported them stolen to other police stations where they were stolen.

The police stations were attacked by robbers, so who will take their statement? grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by fiizznation: 7:32am On Apr 07, 2018
TheTrueSeeker:

What about the owners of the cars reporting to the police first that their cars had been stolen before they were abandoned by the robbers? The Law expects you to make an entry in the nearest Police station whenever your sensitive items are stolen so if those items were used for crime, you won't be termed an accomplise
Yeah you are very right to some extent. But the Nigeria police might contruct one theoretical BS they will use in nailing you. I don't trust those guys for a second.

What about if they come up with something like this; "dude you reported to us that your car was stolen earlier on because you wanted to exonerate yourself from our suspects list. You think you are smart." Funny.

I don't know, but man, I rather abandon that car even if I'd report to the police before the robbery occurred than to risk my reputation, my freedom, my innocence etc just because I want to retrieve a freaking car.

Well I'm a little bit opinionated, and in scenarios like this, I will always stick with my opinion.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by dangermouse(m): 7:33am On Apr 07, 2018
BankeSmalls:

The police stations were attacked by robbers, so who will take their statement? grin

Like seriously never believed this cars were snatched from the town. If it were then I see no reason them discarding the vehicles in same town.
Might be the cars they came in with which I assume must have been reported stolen and so "hot",prompting them to switch the vehicles with the ones snatched from the town or nearby

2 Likes

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by fiizznation: 7:37am On Apr 07, 2018
PurplePatch:
Any owner who refuses to show up would be adding fuel to the speculative fire of being an accomplice. Afterall the details of the owners can be fetched from the FRSC portal. How would he defend his actions not to come and claim his vehicle
Bro forget, ain't going nowhere if my car is there. Nigeria police can trace all their _shit for all I care grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by VanNistelrooy24: 7:37am On Apr 07, 2018
OrestesDante:

grin grin grin

☣ ☠

Quoting people on Nairaland is getting more dangerous by the day

☣ ☠
Lol, abeg, I am not like that. She couldn't mind her furcking biz.
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by Tazopoop: 7:52am On Apr 07, 2018
Sad matters
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 7:54am On Apr 07, 2018
More than 50 have been confirmed dead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 7:54am On Apr 07, 2018
fiizznation:

It is well
Well I'm sure you would have reported your car stollen b4 that time .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by okerekeikpo: 7:54am On Apr 07, 2018
I pity person wey go go claim that car police go use u do first suspect

4 Likes

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by bewla(m): 7:54am On Apr 07, 2018
God
Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by HCpaul(m): 7:55am On Apr 07, 2018
VanNistelrooy24:

If not as a result of differences in location, UBA and Unity wouldn't have been excluded

1 Like

Re: The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) by Nairalanddist: 7:55am On Apr 07, 2018
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Accused Of Killing His 2-Month-Old Pregnant Wife Speaks (Video, Graphic Pix) / Temitope Arowolo: Lebanon Was Hell, I Don’t Pray For Satan To Experience It / Man Paraded Unlcad For Raping EKSU Students (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.