Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

2004 Toyota Corolla Is No Shifting Gear - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2004 Toyota Corolla Is No Shifting Gear (1574 Views)

3.9m For 2005 Corolla: Is It Really Worth It? / My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel / Kawasaki Reveals Futuristic Superbike With Incredible Shape-shifting Tech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2004 Toyota Corolla Is No Shifting Gear by gly2ken: 1:10pm On Apr 07, 2018
Tracker was installed in my Corolla 2004 car and the next day the car refuse to shift gear from gear one and the speed can not go above 40kph. Secondly, when the car is on park and the engine off the reverse light will be on. Please can somebody help, I advise and suggestions
Re: 2004 Toyota Corolla Is No Shifting Gear by mayor2013: 1:47pm On Apr 07, 2018
gly2ken:
Tracker was installed in my Corolla 2004 car and the next day the car refuse to shift gear from gear one and the speed can go above 40kph. Secondly, when the car is on park and the engine off the reverse light will be on. Please can somebody help, I advise and suggestions

Ecu might be fried as a result of wrong connection. Run a scan post test result(s) here. Secondly have the inhibitor switch checked and also your gear selector cable
Re: 2004 Toyota Corolla Is No Shifting Gear by gly2ken: 4:10pm On Apr 07, 2018
I did scan on the car nothing was seen and as at then the check engine light was not on.
Re: 2004 Toyota Corolla Is No Shifting Gear by gly2ken: 4:22pm On Apr 08, 2018
I rescanned the car and the code is P0705. Please has anyone had experience with this code. Please help
Re: 2004 Toyota Corolla Is No Shifting Gear by mayor2013: 4:49pm On Apr 08, 2018
gly2ken:
I rescanned the car and the code is P0705. Please has anyone had experience with this code. Please help

You were given an advice you ignored it. That's the source of your car problem. The park and neutral switch or inhibitor switch. Stand in front of your car look down towards transmission and locate that switch. Good luck

Re: 2004 Toyota Corolla Is No Shifting Gear by gly2ken: 9:42pm On Apr 08, 2018
Is it motor electrician or mechanic that will change it.
Re: 2004 Toyota Corolla Is No Shifting Gear by Kashif(m): 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2018
Start with taking off the tracker.
Re: 2004 Toyota Corolla Is No Shifting Gear by gly2ken: 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2018
Thank God, my car is restored, I really thank God for delivering me from car fire accident. There was a burning wire that caused bridging of the reverse light wire. This caused overload in the transmission circuit. The burnt wire was traced and replaced and immediately the check engine light when off. Praise God
Re: 2004 Toyota Corolla Is No Shifting Gear by mayor2013: 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
gly2ken:
Thank God, my car is restored, I really thank God for delivering me from car fire accident. There was a burning wire that caused bridging of the reverse light wire. This caused overload in the transmission circuit. The burnt wire was traced and replaced and immediately the check engine light when off. Praise God

And what was the main cause of this? Your tracker I suppose. It's better you find out the true cause of this to avoid recurrence
Re: 2004 Toyota Corolla Is No Shifting Gear by gly2ken: 9:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
mayor2013:

Anad what was the main cause of this? Your tracker I suppose. It's better you find out the true cause of this to avoid recurrence

It is not the tracker that started the fire, the fire started from the switch for the light in the butt. I believe somethings carried in the butt tempered with the switch.

(1) (Reply)

Is This AC Repair Quote Exorbitant Or Normal? / I need viable information about Mazda CX-7, 2007 / What Movie Made Your Car Popular?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.