Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed (20051 Views)

Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights / Osinbajo Must Defend Allegations Against Jonathan, Saraki - Timi Frank / North Highest Consumer Of Hard, Fake Drugs – Arewa Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by slowice(m): 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2018
Yes they ve seen the problem, they want to deal with problem but they just ve to put the blame on somebody or a tribe to make it easier for their people to act. History has show that for the people of Northern Nigeria to act they must ve to blame the Igbos somehow. I live close to a place in ph where we ve large numbers of Northerners, in my years I ve observe that some of them re always sniffing stuff in a bottle or hanky n by this time hard drugs isn't popular at all, you hardly see guys smoking or doping publicly. Drug addiction ve been prevalent in the north for many years but they are just paying attention now n looking for a tribe to blame as usual

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Sagay212: 6:09pm On Apr 07, 2018
Them nor force anybody to use any kinda drug. If you use your money to buy drugs and run mad, that is your phucking problem. If people can be extremely daft to be deceived to strap bombs around their body to kill innocent people because they want to go and phuck 72 virgins, how then will you stop such people from using tramadol

6 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by origima: 6:09pm On Apr 07, 2018
The painful thing about this is that some tribes are pretending especially the Igbo's but they are consuming the same quantity with there northern friends in Kano or Kaduna.Today it is like the northerners are wailing over this human destruction without help but it will soon spread wide to other zones

1 Like

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Blue3k2: 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2018
Who's stopping you guys? If you s want to wage war on drugs good luck. The easiest thing you can do if you guys are going this route is decriminalize the use and instead rehab the kids.this same method Portugal is went with and Ghana wabt to copy. The drug dealers will be target of police action give then huge jail terms or execute them.

You'll need to fight this war on drugs in smart manner. 1 part compasion and rehab. The other part firm justice targeted at dealers. The make sure you reform how medicine is dispensed make sure it's highly controlled.

Our children are massively into drugs because there is massive, unceasing and incessant supply. We must staunch the supply. Then review our laws. Then detoxify our children. Or simultaneously and concurrently.

We all wonder why we cannot bring capital punishment to national crimes such as drugs trafficking and, to be politically-correct, to kidnapping, rape, armed robbery and murder. Is Thailand more sensible than us, for example? 
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by bugidon(m): 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2018
All those people utilised the opportunity they had and my brothers are also utilising the opportunity in the north
bamite:

Foolish comment.

Criminality and dishonesty isn't wiseness or intelligence.

Intelligence are people like albert Einstein, while wise men are people like king Solomon. biaflan criminals don't belong to any of those categories.
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Lightening: 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

For fvck sakes! Cocaine, heroine, meth etc are banned hard drugs/substance...codeine is a common cough depressant! Tramadol is an analgesic just like panadol and paracetamol..they have one active agent..hence it is openly sold by pharmacies all over the country..what kind of bullshyte education are Nigerians getting these days?

Bros I tire o. Our decadent educational system is just ruining today's youth more than drug abuse does. Codein and tramadol are now equated to cocaine and meth.

2 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Sctests: 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
HiddenShadow:
If you want to stop supply, breakup the country.

The Break Up of Nigeria will stop the Supply

If you agree with me click like

If you disagree with me click share.

Shikena!

If they are really serious about it. They should declare Arewa republic and build a big wall to keep Igbos away from their polio-ridden region.
Good fences make good neighbours.

They are the ones that wants to do One nigeria with 'Igbo drug lords'. Roger3D the eru aboki no be so? grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Kingspin(m): 6:14pm On Apr 07, 2018
So killing and marijuana are synonym. Wonderful, in other words, cut the supply which is ok for me but bokoharam/herdsmen can continue.
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Lightening: 6:15pm On Apr 07, 2018
Omofunaab2:

Is it only trams and codeine you wayrays supply to the public?

No na. We also supply fresh and decomposing human parts. Which one do you want?

5 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Guide777(m): 6:18pm On Apr 07, 2018
Bala Mohammed , you made a point with drug problem among northern youths but you goofed when you pointed your accusing finger on Igbo's. Even if Igbos leave the north your youths will still get drugged anyway. Have you not heard they sniff rubber solution, sockaway pits and lizard excreta.
Instead of casting blames on Igbos as a ethnic group you should look at the fundamental issues such as uncontrollable birth rate, illiteracy, and almajerism etc that have been bane northern lacuna.

5 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by CSTR1002: 6:18pm On Apr 07, 2018
Sctests:

Shikena!

If they are really serious about it. They should declare Arewa republic and build a big wall to keep Igbos away from their polio-ridden region.
Good fences make good neighbours.

They are the ones that wants to do One nigeria with 'Igbo drug lords'. Roger3D the eru aboki no be so? grin
That would be nice.

A Trump wall separating the east from the north.

I hope the north will go for it . grin

2 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Amoto94(m): 6:18pm On Apr 07, 2018
A lot of folks criticising this man's submission are blaming the substance abuse on lack of education but I have a contrary view to this. The issue is that of moral decadence and poor parentage not illiteracy per se , I know a lot of educated folks across different ethnicities who are drug addicts.
So, the argument of illiteracy doesn't hold much water as drug addiction is not fuelled by illiteracy but by supply and absence of good parentage.

1 Like

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Ultraf: 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2018
This is a serious source of concern, but what strategies are they adopting to curb the menace.
My observation, though personal opinion is not to concentrate only on the supply chain, but adopt multi facet tactics. Most of these are pharmaceutical products, invented to assist in treatment of certain ailments, not by the Igbo people. But were abused by Hausa Fulani youths. What are root causes of these abuses, note the substances abused are originally not intended for evil purposes, but for extreme medical cases.
I remember in the days of late Sani Abacha, during military petrol taskforce, some black market operators attacked the military team under the influence of tyre patch SOLUTION. Sniffing solution and petrol made feel high. In the case of SOLUTION, what do you do?
There is another instance of some inhaling pit latrine odour, just to get high. They should look inwards as well as external measures.
The big QUESTION is why do Hausa Fulani youths abuse substances?
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by TheInsignia: 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2018
Stiffer penalties or cutting supply will not stop the trend. It will only make the drugs more expensive and the business more lucrative
I think the issue here is a religious one.
Their religious book specifically forbids alcohol.
The 1di0ts among them is using this as an excuse to get "stoned" on other substances.
RECOMMENDATION.
The northern religious leaders should start massive preaching and sensitization on the dangers of drug abuse

allowed the production, sales, and consumption of alcohol and it derivatives as a close substitute to hard drugs.

3 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by asha80(m): 6:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
slowice:
Yes they ve seen the problem, they want to deal with problem but they just ve to put the blame on somebody or a tribe to make it easier for their people to act. History has show that for the people of Northern Nigeria to act they must ve to blame the Igbos somehow. I live close to a place in ph where we ve large numbers of Northerners, in my years I ve observe that some of them re always sniffing stuff in a bottle or hanky n by this time hard drugs isn't popular at all, you hardly see guys smoking or doping publicly. Drug addiction ve been prevalent in the north for many years[b] but they are just paying attention now [/b]n looking for a tribe to blame as usually.
they are doing that now because it is now affecting their elite(kids and women)

6 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by AZeD1(m): 6:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
KevinDein:

No that's not how drug issues are tackled. Globally, countries put laws in place to dish out stiff punishments to suppliers of hard drugs. Malaysia, Indonesia, many other Asian countries have such laws. The US have long been involved in wars against the suppliers of narcotics from South America.

Cut the supplies and there won't be consumption. The North should act fast.
Demand creates supply. If there's no demand, nobody would risk his/her life to traffic drugs to places were the punishment is death.

Another thing you forget is codeine as a product is not bad, it's a medical drug so you can't arrest someone for trading it codeine.

2 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by tete7000(m): 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2018
Is tramadol an hard drug in the class of cocaine, etc or just an abused drug? Is it a prohibited commodity? If is not, how do we arrest anyone for importing such without doing something first with the legislation.
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by BENARI: 6:25pm On Apr 07, 2018
The drugs consumed in the North are not necessarily hard or banned drugs. The drug problem in the North has more to do with abuse of otherwise useful drugs and other substances like gum otherwise used for patching tyres.

I stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Roger3D(m): 6:25pm On Apr 07, 2018
KevinDein:

Northern leaders need to act fast. These guys are not reasonable and should not be reasoned with. That's what the south East Asian countries are doing. Death penalty for drug peddlers. Northern leaders are free to come up with laws that protect its youths.

Act fast.
Honestly speaking the drug control laws in this country are too lax , giving opportunity for these unscrupulous elements to carry on with their nefarious activities with little or no constraint. Thank God at least now people are beginning to recognize the source of the problem, and also speaking out against it. We shall get there someday
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Firgemachar: 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2018
Omofunaab2:
It's funny how no single igbo on this thread see anything wrong in selling hard drugs to the public.

This is what we keep saying about these people

The drugs are no hard drugs.
The problem lies in their abuse.
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Blue3k2: 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2018
tete7000:
Is tramadol an hard drug in the class of cocaine, etc

Yes it is codeine is toxic and addictive Just Like Cocaine. I think there's more medical benefits to codeine though.
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by okenwa101(m): 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2018
Roger3D:
Why are you so vehemently defending drug dealers? Are you a prospective drug dealer too? Take my advice and avoid southeast Asia o cos the death penalty there is sure. On the other hand, you can make a killing by selling codeine and tramadol just like your brothers on the streets of Kano

HOW DID HE DEFEND DRUG PEDDLERS?
HOW COME YOU REACTED ANGRILY OVER HIS STATEMENT, A MAN SELLS DRUGS (NOT FORCING YOU) AND YOU CAME AND BUY AND ABUSE IT, BRTHREN TELL ME WHO'S FAULT? ? ? (AS A CHILD OR FAMILY, WE HAVE USED CODEINE BEFORE!!! LIKE IT OR NOT, BUT DID YOUR FAMILY OR YOU ABUSE IT , NO)

BUT HERE YOU ARE EQUALIZING SOMEONE WHO CARRY GUNS AND KILL AT WILL, CUT OFF HUMAN PARTS WITH SOMEONE SELLING DRUGS.

MAY YOUR WISH TO OTHERS BE UNTO YOU, I THINK IS A GOOD PRAYER, SO IF IS GOOD THEN MAY GOODNESS FALL ON YOU BUT IF NOT, LET IT BE AS YOU THINK UNTO YOU? RUBBISH

12 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Sctests: 6:31pm On Apr 07, 2018
Roger3D:
I deliberately opened this thread to gauge their reactions on the issue and frankly I'm far from surprised. Igbos come from a culture that glorifies money and material possession regardless of whether it is obtained legitimately or not. It only confirms what we already know about these people

Na you sabi.... Na your rotten eru abooki brain wan do one naijeriya with 'materialistic Ibos'. no be so? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Roger3D(m): 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2018
okenwa101:

HOW DID HE DEFEND DRUG PEDDLERS?
HOW COME YOU REACTED ANGRILY OVER HIS STATEMENT, A MAN SELLS DRUGS (NOT FORCING YOU) AND YOU CAME AND BUY AND ABUSE IT, BRTHREN TELL ME WHO'S FAULT? ? ? (AS A CHILD OR FAMILY, WE HAVE USED CODEINE BEFORE!!! LIKE IT OR NOT, BUT DID YOUR FAMILY OR YOU ABUSE IT , NO)

BUT HERE YOU ARE EQUALIZING SOMEONE WHO CARRY GUNS AND KILL AT WILL, CUT OFF HUMAN PARTS WITH SOMEONE SELLING DRUGS.

MAY YOUR WISH TO OTHERS BE UNTO YOU, I THINK IS A GOOD PRAYER, SO IF IS GOOD THEN MAY GOODNESS FALL ON YOU BUT IF NOT, LET IT BE AS YOU THINK UNTO YOU? RUBBISH
Typical reasoning process of the average igbo man. I'm sure all your brothers who were executed in south east Asia dropped that line on the Judge.
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Sctests: 6:36pm On Apr 07, 2018
Omofunaab2:

You are dumb.....Did i mention tramadol or codeine in my post?

Ok since you've ruled out tramadol and codein after we've educated you. Is it the Igbos that are selling them gum, marijuana and lizard excreta that the demented abookis smoke?

7 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by 0monnak0da: 6:36pm On Apr 07, 2018
There are so many factors so we cannot reduce a complex issue to one or two reasons . Moral decadence,poor parentage and illiteracy all CONTRIBUTE to the problem
Illiteracy is often used as a synonym for ; UNEDUCATED.
Ths may play a role not only in drug abuse directly but in the choice of drug just like financial e.g rich kids use different drugs
Poor parenting often is a function of poverty, inadequate housing, recreation and so on. Poverty makes it difficult to supervise children but then so can excessive wealth. The consequences are different though
They are not the whole explanation but they are NOT irrelevant. There are many many more problems.

In fact in some cases it is just mental health problems like anxiety,emotional trauma depression etc and lack of access to quality healthcare . Nevetheless addiction and abuse cuts across all strata of society and there are different reasons and different circumstances.

We cannot argue that the supply of drugs varies across Nigeria.

However in some parts of the North there is a fondness for particular products and it appears to affect relatively younger people.

My view is rather than forming opinions the matter needs valid research to properly
describe and classify the problem
explore hypotheses on causation
seek solutions

For me demand and supply are two sides of the same coin.
Why is there no demand for pork meat in Zamfara is it a supply constraint
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by letusbepieces: 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2018
THE HAUSAFULANI ARE LIKE THEIR TALIBAN BROTHERS FROM PAKISTAN AND AFGHANISTAN, NATURAL DRUG ADDICTS.

U TAKE AWAY COUGH MEDICINE, THEY WILL MOVE TO PANADOL, GLUE OR EVEN TYRE.

IF U FOLLOW THEM, U GO BAN EVERYTHING, CLOSE ALL THE SHOP.

NDI ARA!

4 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Omofunaab2: 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2018
Sctests:

Ok since you've ruled out tramadol and codein after we've educated you. Is it the Igbos that are selling them gum, marijuana and lizard excreta that the demented abookis smoke?

Lol, Who u educate? Oponu ni iwo'n ti eee

4 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by nextstep(m): 6:43pm On Apr 07, 2018
To my brothers all over Nigeria: to my Hausa brothers; to my Igbo brothers; my Yoruba; to my Igala, Fulani, Itshekiri, Anioma, and so many much more, please lend me your eyes and at least read to what I have to say with an open mind.

This is the second "dog-whistle" I've heard this week about this issue. For those who don't know, the phrase "Dog-whistle" in politics is a messaging technique employing coded language that appears to mean one thing to the general population but has an additional, different, or more specific resonance for a targeted subgroup (wikipedia)

We're here arguing about demand and supply. One side argues that Igbos too love money to care about people's welfare, while the other side argues that without demand, there'd be no supply. Some abuse one side of being hapless drug addicts, some others abuse the other side of being heartless mercenaries, and others are drawing straw man arguments and slinging mud. Both sides may be happy to score cheap points (as if this was debate team) but are missing the crucial issue, and the looming danger.

I'm from Asaba area. Let me just put it out there so whoever wants to discredit my opinion can latch unto something and use it to abuse me.

It wasn't so long ago that our Igbo brothers were selling so much fake drugs that they put the lives of millions of children, their relatives, and loved ones in jeopardy. To quote Dr. Dora Akunyili (an Igbo woman by the way) "so many of (her) countrymen and women (were) fighting killer diseases like malaria and tuberculosis with little more than sugar syrup and chalk tablets, cynically packaged to look like the real thing"

The majority of people who threatened her life in order to continue their line of business were mostly - it must be said - Igbo. This is a fact. Without her brave and selfless struggle - which sees that even pure water sachets have an approval stamp - a lot more people would be dead or barely living with badly damaged bodies. We also owe a lot to our government and the many men and women from all over Nigeria (civil servants, media people, traders, the general public) who tamed this menace.

We have to condemn all those who sell things that harm any member of our country (whether hard drugs or abused prescription medicine), because we are all in this together. An entire generation of our youths are being decimated in the core North. For those who are defending drug dealers because of tribalism or ethnicity don't give a damn about whose lives they destroy - even yours and your loved ones. They don't even care about the lives of people in their family, or their friends', so far as they get paid. Criminals, like corrupt politicians, come from all parts of Nigeria, and the irony has always been that: those who defend them, blind to the wrong they do, are the very ones who suffer.

Now to the dog-whistle, which a lot of us appear to be deaf to:

Our children are massively into drugs because there is massive, unceasing and incessant supply. We must staunch the supply. [/b]Then review our laws. Then detoxify our children. Or simultaneously and concurrently.

Pan-Arewa, the Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI), Northern CAN, Usman Bugaje’s Arewa Research and Development Project (ARDP), the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) and those [i]Arewa October Youths must [b]just have to collaborate and do something in unison
, for once.[/i]

We just have to do it, and may Allah make it easy for us.

Now, I'm not a fortune-teller, nor a prophet with divine vision, but I can tell if it's going to rain by how dark the clouds look. And I'm saying though it may look sunny now, the clouds are gathering. Are we prepared to deal with a horde* of drugged-up youths who have been given orders to wipe some of us out? We can debate about demand-side or supply-side economics, but when the horde hears and responds to the whistle, all they will know is that "the suppliers must be wiped out", and to be clear - any Igbo person is fair game.

Yes, we have brave Igbo generals here on Nairaland and social media who will boast that "we can handle anything, we are not afraid of anybody", yet will run at the first sign of personal danger, leaving the more vulnerable to face death alone. I don't mean to abuse anybody but I think a certain General* should have died with honor in defense of his ideals and his people... let me just leave it at that.

I wish I had a bigger platform to make this appeal: we have to condemn drug trafficking no matter who is doing it. There are many other ways to make a good living, by making things and offering services that benefit us. It does us no good to defend activity that will turn around and bite us, or a loved one. We must be our brothers' keeper no matter where he is from because it's only then we can prosper as a nation of black people.

*To my northern brothers, please don't take offense at the word horde... I only mean it within the context of a group of people who are under the influence of drugs.

*To my Igbo brothers, please don't take offense at my opinions of the General in question. Oh, and to those who think that splitting the country will solve all our problems: some criminal Igbo traders happily sell counterfeit drugs and parts to Igbo people too.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Sctests: 6:43pm On Apr 07, 2018
asha80:
you dey mind him..i got a guy here in abuja that some of these youths broke into his chemist shop because the guy stopped selling codeine and tramadol..they probably thought he was lieing when he told them he no longer sold them..they scattered and ransacked the shop.

A friend of mine who runs a chemist in Kano also told me the same thing.

He said he stopped selling codein for sometime but anytime he told the almajiris there is no Benylin or tutolin they usually don't believe him, so one day broke in at night and ransacked all the shelves looking for the products.

Abookis are cursed walahi! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by letusbepieces: 6:47pm On Apr 07, 2018
DO WE TAKE BECOS OF STABBING AND CLOSE ALL THE SHOP SELLING KNIFE OR BAN SALE OF KNIFE?

BALA IS A MAD MAN, INSTEAD OF ADDRESSING THE ROOT CAUSE OF HAUSAFULANI TURNING COUGH MEDICINE INTO LEISURE DRUG, HE IS ENGAGING IN HATE SPEECH AND BIGOTRY.

LET HIM CONTINUE TO DRAW ATTENTION TO A DEMAND FOR DRUGS IN THE NORTH.

MANY WILL NOW SEE THE NORTH AS A DRUG MARKET.

SHEBI HE WANT DRUG, THEY WILL DEN SEE DRUG NOT EVEN THE MEDICINE HE IS CALLING DRUG.

BOKO HARAM IS STILL THERE, BALA IS CALLING FOR ANOTHER ONE.

THE NORTH IS CURSED.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by asha80(m): 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2018
nextstep:
To my brothers all over Nigeria: to my Hausa brothers; to my Igbo brothers; my Yoruba; to my Igala, Fulani, Itshekiri, Anioma, and so many much more, please lend me your ears and at least listen to what I have to say with an open mind.

This is the second "dog-whistle" I've heard this week about this issue. For those who don't know, the phrase "Dog-whistle" in politics is a messaging technique employing coded language that appears to mean one thing to the general population but has an additional, different, or more specific resonance for a targeted subgroup (wikipedia)

We're here arguing about demand and supply. One side argues that Igbos too love money to care about people's welfare, while the other side argues that without demand, there'd be no supply. Both sides may have valid points (as if this was debate team) but are missing the crucial issue, and the looming danger.

I'm from Asaba area, so whoever wants to discredit my opinion can latch unto something.

It wasn't so long ago that our Igbo brothers were selling so much fake drugs that they put the lives of millions of children, their relatives, and loved ones jeopardy. To quote Dr. Dora Akunyili (an Igbo woman by the way) "so many of (her) countrymen and women (were) fighting killer diseases like malaria and tuberculosis with little more than sugar syrup and chalk tablets, cynically packaged to look like the real thing"

The majority of people who threatened her life in order to continue their line of business were mostly - it must be said - Igbo. This is a fact. Without her brave and selfless struggle - which sees that even pure water sachets have an approval stamp - a lot more people would be dead or barely living with badly damaged bodies.

We have to condemn all those who sell things that harm any member of our country (whether hard drugs or abused prescription medicine), because we are all in this together. Entire youths are being decimated in the core North. For those who are defending them, the criminals you're defending because of tribalism or ethnicity don't give a damn about whose lives they destroy - even yours and your loved ones. Criminals, like corrupt politicians, come from all parts of Nigeria, and the irony has always been that: those who defend them due to tribalism, are the very ones who suffer.

Now to the dog-whistle, which a lot of us appear to be deaf to:

Our children are massively into drugs because there is massive, unceasing and incessant supply. We must staunch the supply. [/b]Then review our laws. Then detoxify our children. Or simultaneously and concurrently.

Pan-Arewa, the Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI), Northern CAN, Usman Bugaje’s Arewa Research and Development Project (ARDP), the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) and those Arewa October Youths must [b]just have to collaborate and do something in unison
, for once.

We just have to do it, and may Allah make it easy for us.

Now, I'm not a fortune-teller, nor a prophet with divine vision, but I can tell if it's going to rain by how dark the clouds look. And I'm saying though it may looks sunny now, the clouds are gathering. Are we prepared to deal with a horde* of drugged-up youths who have been given orders to wipe you out? We can debate about demand-side or supply-side economics, but when the horde hears and responds to the whistle, all they will know is that "the suppliers must be wiped out".

I wish I had a bigger platform to make this appeal: we have to condemn drug trafficking no matter who is doing it. There are many other ways to make a good living, by making things and offering services that benefit us. It does us no good to defend activity that will turn around and bite us, or a loved one. We must be our brothers' keeper no matter where he is from because it's only then we can prosper as a nation of black people.

*To my northern brothers, please don't take offense at the word horde... I only mean it within the context of a group of people who are under the influence of drugs.

Oh, and to those who think that splitting the country will solve all our problems: some criminal Igbo traders happily sell counterfeit drugs and parts to Igbo people too.
drug trafficking here implies illegal drugs..the drugs in question here are not and they are not fake

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Commences Committal Proceedings Against Amaechi, Army Chiefs, Others / Buhari At Ministerial Retreat For 2017 Budget (Photos) / Governor Udom Emmanuel At The NYSC Orientation Course Closing Ceremony In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.