Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed (20048 Views)

Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights / Osinbajo Must Defend Allegations Against Jonathan, Saraki - Timi Frank / North Highest Consumer Of Hard, Fake Drugs – Arewa Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Adebowale89(m): 6:49pm On Apr 07, 2018
Op is just a jealous guy, what's bad in drugs addict? after all that's what gives your people strength to fight religion and political war

you're not a Biafran because you don't know our impact in north. by the time Nnamdi KANU returned from exile because he didn't run away as Yoruba propaganda newspaper has been transmitting the rumour, he will tell all ndi Igbo to returned home then you people won't ve power to fight anymore when we push our business back to east and south south

let all ndi Igbo come home and see how this abokii will survive, we are their breath, in short Nigerians as a whole can't survive without us.

the rising sun must shine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by KevinDein: 6:52pm On Apr 07, 2018
AZeD1:

Demand creates supply. If there's no demand, nobody would risk his/her life to traffic drugs to places were the punishment is death.

Another thing you forget is codeine as a product is not bad, it's a medical drug so you can't arrest someone for trading it codeine.

At the emboldened, only licensed pharmacists are allowed to trade drugs, especially those capable of causing addiction. This is common knowledge.

As for the first paragraph, it is well within the right of a government to come up with policies and laws that would limit the supplies of commodities that are deemed dangerous to the society. Asian countries have demonstrated that. There is huge demands for hard drugs over there but its a crime to peddle such drugs into those countries.

Demand for an item doesn't always mean that item must be supplied.
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by rainylad(f): 6:52pm On Apr 07, 2018
KevinDein:

Northern leaders need to act fast. These guys are not reasonable and should not be reasoned with. That's what the south East Asian countries are doing. Death penalty for drug peddlers. Northern leaders are free to come up with laws that protect its youths.

Act fast.

Abokki foolishness and junkie talk on display ...How can death penalty be issued for cough syrup and tramadol??...Are you that senseless??..You and your brothers sound like drug addicts indeed..

10 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by letusbepieces: 6:52pm On Apr 07, 2018
DO WE TAKE BECOS OF STABBING AND CLOSE ALL THE SHOP SELLING KNIFE OR BAN SALE OF KNIFE?

BALA IS A MAD MAN, INSTEAD OF ADDRESSING THE ROOT CAUSE OF HAUSAFULANI TURNING COUGH MEDICINE INTO LEISURE DRUG, HE IS ENGAGING IN HATE SPEECH AND BIGOTRY.

LET HIM CONTINUE TO DRAW ATTENTION TO A DEMAND FOR DRUGS IN THE NORTH.

MANY WILL NOW SEE THE NORTH AS A DRUG MARKET.

SHEBI HE WANT DRUG, THEY WILL DEN SEE DRUG NOT EVEN THE MEDICINE HE IS CALLING DRUG.

BOKO HARAM IS STILL THERE, BALA IS CALLING FOR ANOTHER ONE.

THE NORTH IS CURSED.

3 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Sctests: 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
Omofunaab2:

Lol, Who u educate? Oponu ni iwo'n ti eee

Before now your awolowo fake education didn't teach you that Codein and Tramadol are not illegal, so we the Igbo Biafrans gave you the needed lessons. Be appreciative, will you?

10 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by rainylad(f): 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
ziddy:
Igbo Amaka grin

Thank God this is coming from a different and obviously objective source. Igbos cannot say it is Yoruba man propaganda again grin

See your cone-head.. So after cutting of people's head for rituals,you are pointing fingers at those selling cough syrup..Afonja up-side-down logic as usuall

11 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by conehead2018: 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
gentiles:
This man just said the truth, but watch as IPod pigs from the erosion ravaged land will start abusing him.
Mr afonja from the flood ravaged region what is your ruse with ipob?Did ipob force drugs on your slave masters?

8 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by KevinDein: 6:58pm On Apr 07, 2018
rainylad:

Abokki foolishness and junkie talk on display ...How can death penalty be issued for cough syrup and tramadol??...Are you that senseless??..You and your brothers sound like drug addicts indeed..
Only licensed pharmacist are allowed to trade drugs, especially those capable of causing addiction like codeine. The punishment mustn't be death penalty. The northerners are free to come up with appropriate punishment for offenders.

It's also totally amusing how you guys are incapable of conversing without throwing unnecessary insults. Very unpleasant people. grin maybe that's why your brothers residing in the North refused to go back home when the quit notice was issued. They are well aware their brothers back home are an unpleasant bunch.
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by conehead2018: 6:58pm On Apr 07, 2018
micheal004:
Don't forget to include death penalty for skull miners, ritualists, fulani herdsmen etcetera. Anu Mpama
don't mind d hypocrites..Afonjas are pathetic.

6 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by shekauvsbuhari: 7:00pm On Apr 07, 2018
gentiles:
This man just said the truth, but watch as IPod pigs from the erosion ravaged land will start abusing him.
the truth is that aboki youths have a liking for violence n that is why they do drugs. They are fools too. The igbo that supply de drugs are smart. The igbo youths are sensible, more responsible n value their live and so they dont do drugs but rather make money off some foolish, illiterate violence-prone youths up-north.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Omofunaab2: 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2018
Sctests:

Before now your awolowo fake education didn't teach you that Codein and Tramadol are not illegal, so we the Igbo Biafrans gave you the needed lessons. Be appreciative, will you?

Lol, Iwo Olodo yii.

We are talking about supply of the drugs , that they are being supplied illegally.

Or why do you think some of you were apprehended for transporting some of these drugs to the North?

Or do you think just anybody can open a shop and start selling drugs?

You better educate yourself Olodo

4 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by nextstep(m): 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2018
asha80:
drug trafficking here implies illegal drugs..the drugs in question here are not and they are not fake

I'll reiterate: we have to condemn all those who sell things that harm any member of our country (whether hard drugs or abused prescription medicine), because we are all in this together. An entire generation of our youths are being decimated in the core North.

I understand that what' we're talking about here is prescription medicine. I also feel what we all have a responsibility to make sure drugs are not abused. I would like to see those importing/selling these drugs support tighter laws regulating the supply of these drugs. Perhaps one should only get them under the discretion of a pharmacist, licensed medical professional, or be only sold the amount that is prescribed for treating symptoms of cough and pains. Those who sell outside these controls (i.e. illegally) should be sanctioned.

Codeine and tramadol are both narcotics - controlled substances (not illegal, just controlled) - prescribed to an treat moderate to severe pain.
They have a high risk for addiction and dependence, and can cause respiratory distress and death when taken in high doses or when combined with other substances, especially alcohol.

There are many fine points to debate and argue about, but I honestly feel this is a ticking time bomb.
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by mamachizzy(f): 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2018
Buying or selling drugs is bad no matter who you are. However for you to come out here, and put the blame of northern youths being drug addicts on the entre Igbo tribe, is wrong. The problem is from u northerners. u don't go to school, u refused to be educated , u refused to be enlightened, u marry 4 wives when you know u are not capable of taking care of them, u start giving birth like rats, u forbid ur wives from taking any form of contraceptives, u fill the streets with "almajiris" everyday and u expect things to be OK with u? hell no. these children are frustrated, angry and hungry. They turn to drugs because being high seems to be the only way to cope with all this. Educate ur selves, get your youths off the streets, educate them on the dangers of drugs and rehabilitate them, and watch ur drug problems come to an end. its not as if the "Igbo" drug dealers will spoon feed them drugs. if there is no demand, there will be no supply.

2 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by rainylad(f): 7:05pm On Apr 07, 2018
KevinDein:

Only licensed pharmacist are allowed to trade drugs, especially those capable of causing addiction like codeine. The punishment mustn't be death penalty. The northerners are free to come up with appropriate punishment for offenders.

It's also totally amusing how you guys are incapable of conversing without throwing unnecessary insults. Very unpleasant people. grin maybe that's why your brothers residing in the North refused to go back home when the quit notice was issued. They are well aware their brothers back home are an unpleasant bunch.

That is your business,talking about 'unpleasantness' the feeling is very very mutual,i can assure you....Kindly deal with your drug problem caused by breeding almajiris and wild animals/ junkies instead of looking for who to kill...The mess and rot in your region is your fault,deal with it alone or have your seperate arewa country.

5 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by asha80(m): 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2018
nextstep:

I'll reiterate: we have to condemn all those who sell things that harm any member of our country (whether hard drugs or abused prescription medicine), because we are all in this together. An entire generation of our youths are being decimated in the core North.

I understand that what' we're talking about here is prescription medicine. I also feel what we all have a responsibility to make sure drugs are not abused. I would like to see those importing/selling these drugs support tighter laws regulating the supply of these drugs. Perhaps one should only get them under the discretion of a pharmacist, licensed medical professional, or be only sold the amount that is prescribed for treating symptoms of cough and pains. Those who sell outside these controls (i.e. illegally) should be sanctioned.

Codeine and tramadol are both narcotics - controlled substances (not illegal, just controlled) - prescribed to an treat moderate to severe pain.
They have a high risk for addiction and dependence, and can cause respiratory distress and death when taken in high doses or when combined with other substances, especially alcohol.

There are many fine points to debate and argue about, but I honestly feel this is a ticking time bomb.
have you heard the name dahiru mangal?that should answer your question about people involved in bringing in some of these things(he is not the only one but a major player)

1 Like

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by shallysgirl: 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2018
olasco2035:
I don tire with igbos wahala..drug trafficking na dem..ritual na dem..kidnapping na dem..olosho na dem..yahoo + na dem...igbos ar the reason thinz ain't going well in nigeria..it Will b better if they wil separate Nigeria self let them go their own way..
If u quote me wrong na thunder go destroy ur family
Nothing you can do. We must stay here together. We love you. kiss

1 Like

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by 0monnak0da: 7:09pm On Apr 07, 2018
nextstep:

I understand that what' we're talking about here is prescription medicine. I also feel what we all have a responsibility to make sure drugs are not abused. I would like to see those importing/selling these drugs support tighter laws regulating the supply of these drugs. Perhaps you should only get them under the discretion of a pharmacist, or be only sold the amount that is prescribed for treating symptoms of cough and pains.

They have a similar problem with these kinds of drugs in the USA the difference is if you have health Insurance you will get a prescription otherwise you buy from the street. It is still an addiction.
Wen you are poor the effects are amplified.

Many of these kids are medicating themselves to deal with anxiety, depression, Trauma (physical ,sexual beravement etc.
Repressive Islamic practice in my opinion does not help. Islam is a drug too but it is losing efficacy in these kids

1 Like

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Sctests: 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
Omofunaab2:

Lol, Iwo Olodo yii.

We are talking about supply of the drugs , that they are being supplied illegally.

Or why do you think some of you were apprehended for transporting some of these drugs to the North?

Or do you think just anybody can open a shop and start selling drugs?

You better educate yourself Olodo

Almost all licensed pharmacies and chemists in the north are Igbo-owned and you blamed them for intoxicating your almajiris with 'illegal drugs'. We called you out, educated you and then you started trying to "run around in cycles" instead of being appreciative of the free lessons you got.

8 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by nextstep(m): 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
KevinDein:

rainylad:

Thsts your business,talking about 'unpleasantness' the feeling is very very mutual,i can assure you....Kindly deal with your drug problem caused by breeding almajiris and junkies instead of looking for who to kill...The mess and rot in your region is your fault,deal with it alone or have your seperate arewa country.

It's this distrust and hate filled slinging back-and-forth that causes the death of many in the real world. Drug addiction anywhere is a concern to us everywhere, and we all suffer its effects one way or another. The Niger-area of our grandparents is not the Nigeria we have now, and we must work hard to make sure it's a better place for our grandchildren.

My concern to those who have ears, is: listen to the rhetoric and find ways to calm it down before it gets out of hand. We've seen the effects of rhetoric many times (the Civil War was one major outcome of letting things escalate).
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by shallysgirl: 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2018
Omofunaab2:
It's funny how no single igbo on this thread see anything wrong in selling hard drugs to the public.

This is what we keep saying about these people
Codeine and tramadol are not hard drugs but prescription drugs for heaven sakes.
Every qualified pharmacist has a right to dispense.
I don't understand what you are talking about.
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by nextstep(m): 7:16pm On Apr 07, 2018
asha80:
have you heard the name dahiru mangal?that should answer your question about people involved in bringing in some of these things(he is not the only one but a major player)

You're right, and just as Bala Mohammed is pointing fingers in a certain direction, we also need to raise our voice that people like Dahiru Mangal are also part of the problem. More critically, it's the youths and the various Arewa associations - the target of the dog-whistle - who need to be reminded of these facts.
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by KevinDein: 7:17pm On Apr 07, 2018
rainylad:

That is your business,talking about 'unpleasantness' the feeling is very very mutual,i can assure you....Kindly deal with your drug problem caused by breeding almajiris and wild animals/ junkies instead of looking for who to kill...The mess and rot in your region is your fault,deal with it alone or have your seperate arewa country.
But the feeling isn't really mutual if we are honest. grin
Your brothers prefer living in the North even when they were told to leave. They find the place very pleasant cheesy

Oh, you bet that would be dealt with. Identifying the problem (in this case the igbo drug dealers) it's halfway solving the problem. Next is coming up with appropriate laws that would stifle their activities. Hopefully you won't cry foul when such measures are put in place.

Enjoy your day wink
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by 0monnak0da: 7:18pm On Apr 07, 2018
Sctests:

Almost all licensed pharmacies and chemists in the north are Igbo-owned and you blamed them for intoxicating your almajiris with 'illegal drugs'. We called you out, educated you and then you started trying to "run around in cycles" instead of being appreciative of the free lessons you got.
There was talk of truckloads of codeine containing cough syrup impounded.

If these were legitimate vendors why were the products impounded.

There is no doubt that there is a market of illegally imported and distributed codeine syrup . Whether this is purely Igbo enterpriise I do not know.
There is also a market of legally imported and distributed codeine cough syrup.

Are these two channels related? Do they collaborate? I think those are legitmate questions to ask and investtigate.
The latter channel needs to be stamped out and the former channel need to be above board and transparent.
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Omofunaab2: 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2018
Sctests:

LMAO, Una don come again

3 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by aumeehn: 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2018
lastmessenger:
I see one thing here " give and take " . if your politicians and religious leaders can encourage your young men and women to be educated just like we southerners, I'm sure your people will all be gainfully employed thereby reducing the need for hard drugs but for political reasons you have decided to keep a vast population of able bodied young men ignorant so that they can be used as a willing tool to win political position.

Again,why are you all breeding children like rat? Poor men marrying four wives and breeding large number of children that they can hardly feed or send to school The end result of this system is that you will have a large population of youths who have lost hope in life thereby talking to drugs as a way to escape reality.

Northern value system really need to change if they will catch up with the rest of us down south. There is urgent need for population control in the North. Each man most have one wife and a maximum of two children. You must embrace western education and emulate the south. Shun religious intolerance and see your people experience prosperity..

Finally leave the drug laws enforcement agency to do their job.There is punishment for both the saler and the taker.
Emulate Cultism Kidnapping Militancy Drug business or Skull mining! Oga are you guys down south experiencing prosperity? Last time i checked Many sstates in the North are far more developed than the many states in the South. I wont talk about Yoruba cus almost all of them goes to school but what of Ibo's? The only thing they know is to find oga slave for him for some years then collect compensation do you think that the ibos have more professors than the Hausa-Fulanis? We don't allow western culture to destroy our own! Drug dealers Yahoo boys Ritualist infact make i stop here, there's nothing like peace and prosperity dowb south!
Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2018
hehehehehehe science students full north...they should enjoy themselves joor cheesy cheesy nobody is forcing that on them, they choose to be nuisance in the society so be it tongue

1 Like

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by asha80(m): 7:30pm On Apr 07, 2018
KevinDein:

But the feeling isn't really mutual if we are honest. grin
Your brothers prefer living in the North even when they were told to leave. They find the place very pleasant cheesy

Oh, you bet that would be dealt with. Identifying the problem (in this case the igbo drug dealers) it's halfway solving the problem. Next is coming up with appropriate laws that would stifle their activities. Hopefully you won't cry foul when such measures are put in place.

Enjoy your day wink
on your second paragraph it will not be halfway solving anything if the fundamental issues that give rise to the youths desperately looking for avenues to get high is not addressed

2 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by lastmessenger: 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
aumeehn:
Emulate Cultism Kidnapping Militancy Drug business or Skull mining! Oga are you guys down south experiencing prosperity? Last time i checked Many sstates in the North are far more developed than the many states in the South. I wont talk about Yoruba cus almost all of them goes to school but what of Ibo's? The only thing they know is to find oga slave for him for some years then collect compensation do you think that the ibos have more professors than the Hausa-Fulanis? We don't allow western culture to destroy our own! Drug dealers Yahoo boys Ritualist infact make i stop here, there's nothing like peace and prosperity dowb south!
go and deal with your junkies first before coming to type rubbish here

3 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Sctests: 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2018
Omofunaab2:

LMAO, Una don come again

So you approbate that Igbos are the biggest dealers of drugs in the north but reprobate that they don't own most of the pharmacies and chemists in the north. Can you run a chemist or pharmacy without getting a patent or pharmacist's license from the regulators?

Why are you afonja's confused like this? eh? grin

6 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by nextstep(m): 8:04pm On Apr 07, 2018
Omofunaab2:
It's funny how no single igbo on this
thread see anything wrong in selling hard drugs to the public.

This is what we keep saying about these people

Three things:

1. I am saying that selling hard drugs (and fake drugs and food) is wrong. As did Dr. Dora Akunyili of NAFDAQ (an Igbo woman)

2. Tramadol and Codein are prescription medicines - not hard drugs. They are controlled (but not illegal) substances, though I'm in support of tighter regulation.

3. However, as they are over-the-counter drugs, it is up to the purchaser to use them responsibly. This is the position of many Igbo on the thread, and to be fair, this is correct.

There is responsibility on all sides - and also of government - to speak rationally about this issue and to find genuine solutions. For instance, I've not seen anybody from the North talk frankly about the need for our Northern youths to medicate to addiction? What are the the underlying reasons for wanting to get high - and escape from the harsh realities of life? This also needs to be addressed without inciting violence. Yes, I think violence is being incited with the use of language like: "staunch the supply; they are the suppliers; we must do something". As in the rest of my posts on this thread, I criticize drug peddlers (including those selling prescription drugs without care for what use they are put to), and ask for tighter regulation (since these are not illegal or fake drugs), but I also call for deep examination for why the drugs are being abused.

Unfortunately, our pattern as a country has been to let issues fester, then deal with the symptoms when people go on a rampage, but never tackle the underlying problem... so it will happen again. This is election year, and I'm worried that the drugged youths will be put to nefarious use in the coming months...

3 Likes

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by CioAngels(f): 8:05pm On Apr 07, 2018
Even when penalty law is pasted, it is the people at the top that will kill the law because they are part of the drug issues. My dear young man, it is not about a particular tribe supplying to other tribe. For this issue, we should hold our leaders because they are responsible as they hide to do their own and they also supply this drugs to innocent boys and girl to run dirty errands for them. It is the leaders that are intentionally killing the youth.

1 Like

Re: Drugs: Arewa Must Defend Itself!- By Bala Muhammed by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 07, 2018
?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed / EFCC Goes After Bureau De Change Operators In Sabo, Ibadan (video) / Our War Against Boko Haram Will Start Tomorrow - Tunji Ajibade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.