Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos (111160 Views)

The 200 Naira Suya Meat I Bought today In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard / Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Trust me,
This will not discourage those awoof slayqueens pocketslayers who only know how to make demands just because you want to taste their kpomo.
broke nigga, we sight u
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by Toide: 10:28pm On Apr 07, 2018
I quit totally joo!!
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by FBIL: 10:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
RealGucci:
catfish with pork meat wit cold goldberg only
last time i ate suya was 2017 sept
since i vomitted it

i neva go back to my vomit
Hia..Goldberg? A salty and cheap beer popular in South West. That one with suya, na suicide nah grin No quote me oh..please, cold dey hama me here for blokos, for NPA road, Warri.
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by nelsonebby(m): 10:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
MistadeRegal:
I've stopped buying that poo after I heard some cannibals use human meat and sell.
I don't even want to confirm if it's true or not.
I just tapped out with I QUIT.
It’s not true
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by heryur(m): 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2018
MrTeeo:
The fire would burn out the germs.... All the dirty sef na seasoning grin

1 Like

Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by revontuli(f): 11:30pm On Apr 07, 2018
MistadeRegal:
I've stopped buying that poo after I heard some cannibals use human meat and sell.

Maybe some of those skull miner types decide to sell the flesh of their victims rather than just dumping the corpses.
Money ritual, after all.
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by oderemo(m): 11:42pm On Apr 07, 2018
Was in minna yrs back, saw how suya was being prepared and completely stopped eating since then.
Filthy obnoxious preparation.
Damn.
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by ogakizito(m): 11:43pm On Apr 07, 2018
once it passes through fire, the dirts die cool
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 07, 2018
MrTeeo:

Seems you don't know that certain bacteria survive high temperatures.
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 07, 2018
nenergy:
I can only buy from University of Suya, department of meatology at Allen junction, ikeja. grin

Wow!! My fellow student . So you dey follow receive lectures there?

Those guys are clean.
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by tahiwopreety(f): 12:08am On Apr 08, 2018
MrTeeo:
grin
MrTeeo:
unna u sabi oooo, although some place ain't shitty like dis
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 08, 2018

Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by redangel2017: 12:34am On Apr 08, 2018
[quote author=MrTeeo post=66515834]The fire would burn out the germs.... All the dirty sef na seasoning grin[/ grin
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by antobrige: 12:35am On Apr 08, 2018
[quote author=amiibaby post=66515983]I am a fan of suya but after seeing this pic

who are we asking that u quit ?
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by AreaFada2: 12:55am On Apr 08, 2018
Lots of publicly sold food/meat in 9ja are prepared in unhygienic conditions. Nothing new.

Just hope it is at least not human meat and well-cooked enough to kill most of the pathogens in them.
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by XaviDayo(m): 1:21am On Apr 08, 2018
Of a truth, the picture displayed can be said to be a one off. On a normal day, Hausa no dey do suya in hiding. I live in the North and such bullshit no dey happen. The highest dirt u can see are flies hovering round the meat. So, the picture is not totally correct. Suya in Kaduna make brain die.

If u chop the kilishi, u go run enta Russia.
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by MistadeRegal(m): 1:50am On Apr 08, 2018
lailo:

it is not possible to use human meat cos human meat is scarce, more expensive and taste different from cow meat.It does not make any economic sense to mesuya.

How do you know these?
undecided undecided
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by subcbouy: 2:16am On Apr 08, 2018
Seeing all these pics, going super market is not enough for local market.

A leta to cholera
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by Ellabae(f): 3:11am On Apr 08, 2018
I find it hard to eat suya sometimes.
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by judgedredd22(m): 4:45am On Apr 08, 2018
nenergy:
I can only buy from University of Suya, department of meatology at Allen junction, ikeja. grin

1 Like

Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by judgedredd22(m): 4:50am On Apr 08, 2018
CSTR1002:
What will university girls do without suya and sharwama. ?

If I tell my parent the amount I spent buying suya for girls when I was in school , I would probably get disowned.

Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by ican2020: 5:02am On Apr 08, 2018
Angelanest:
A Facebook user has shared horrible pictures of how Suya meat are being prepared in an dirty and unhygienic environment. According to him, one needs to think twice before eating the spicy skewered cow meat.

The dirty environment and poor or zero hygiene conditions in which Suya is made and handled in many places in Nigeria, has called for a great concern.

Meanwhile, the Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, has warned Nigerians against the consumption of some popular delicacies like Suya is dangerous to the health.

According to the Minister, other forms of meat including Kilishi (spicy dried cow meat) and[b] Ngwo-Ngwo, (assorted meat pepper soup) [/b]also lead to the death of many Nigerians as they cause hypertension leading cardiovascular disease in Nigeria and can result in stroke if untreated.

Many Nigerians, however, do not agree with Prof. Adewole as they see the consumption of such delicacies as a must and most times, they come quite cheap.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/photos-of-horrible-condition-where-suya-meat-area-prepared.html
You are right, I ate pepper soup at a local restaurant, late 2017 and I almost pass on few days later
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by Nobody: 5:50am On Apr 08, 2018
what has the ministry of health done to controll the unhygenic way meat is handled in nigeria ? from the slaughter houses to the meat sheds in the market everything is in a diplorable state .nigeria needs sanctions on meat market

1 Like

Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by Exciton(m): 6:07am On Apr 08, 2018
Akoja360:
what has the ministry of health done to controll the unhygenic way meat is handled in nigeria ? from the slaughter houses to the meat sheds in the market everything is in a diplorable state .nigeria needs sanctions on meat market

Not just meat. Everything, including the water we drink. I suspect there's widespread lead poisoning in Naija, leading to so many retärds grin grin.

On a more serious note, I have no goddamn clue what those guys are paid for. At least they should come up with hygenie rating certificates for mama put shops after thorough inspection. Like how it's done in every sensible country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by AlwaysUltraPad: 6:20am On Apr 08, 2018
MistadeRegal:
lol! How old are you? This is one of those stories we heard and believed as kids. grin
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by dammiecool(m): 6:55am On Apr 08, 2018
MrTeeo:

U r too much grin
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by sweetilicious(f): 7:32am On Apr 08, 2018
MrTeeo:
Not true o. The degree of heat used in preparation is not up to the degree needed to destroy some microorganisms.I stopped eating suya for a very long time now.Prefer to get fruits which is good for my skin and my inner body.Don't buy what will give you cancer.
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by nenergy(m): 7:47am On Apr 08, 2018
Zionista:

Wow!! My fellow student . So you dey follow receive lectures there?
Those guys are clean.
Yes o, but I'm a part-time student due to distance. grin

1 Like

Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by HardMirror(m): 8:09am On Apr 08, 2018
nenergy:
I stay on Allen. University of suya na wash. Expensive wash. I rather buy from the mallam at opebi estate gate. Go and see better meat. Most of us who live on Allen don't buy from university of suya except we wan impress babe.

3 Likes

Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 08, 2018
not all suya meat is prepared in dirty environment, dont try to shove your veggy sentiments on us.
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by Ijaya123: 8:26am On Apr 08, 2018
Angelanest:
A Facebook user has shared horrible pictures of how Suya meat are being prepared in an dirty and unhygienic environment. According to him, one needs to think twice before eating the spicy skewered cow meat.

The dirty environment and poor or zero hygiene conditions in which Suya is made and handled in many places in Nigeria, has called for a great concern.

Meanwhile, the Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, has warned Nigerians against the consumption of some popular delicacies like Suya is dangerous to the health.

According to the Minister, other forms of meat including Kilishi (spicy dried cow meat) and Ngwo-Ngwo, (assorted meat pepper soup) also lead to the death of many Nigerians as they cause hypertension leading cardiovascular disease in Nigeria and can result in stroke if untreated.

Many Nigerians, however, do not agree with Prof. Adewole as they see the consumption of such delicacies as a must and most times, they come quite cheap.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/photos-of-horrible-condition-where-suya-meat-area-prepared.html

Pay a visit to University of Suya at Allen Round-about and you will have a different opinion.
Re: 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos by vic224real(f): 8:29am On Apr 08, 2018
Angelanest:

According to the Minister, other forms of meat including Kilishi (spicy dried cow meat) and Ngwo-Ngwo, (assorted meat pepper soup) also lead to the death of many Nigerians as they cause hypertension leading cardiovascular disease in Nigeria and can result in stroke if untreated.

Talking about dirty and unhygienic environment soya is being processed, have you also thought of the unhygienic environment the meat is being processed too? I mean the abatua(don't mind the spelling please).
If only you've ever been to where this animals are being killed and butchered I bet you, you will not want to put it in your month. That's why it's most advisable to always boil your meat very well to kill any germ that may be in it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos / The Monkey I Killed Early This Morning / Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.