Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,527 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. (8270 Views)

All Women Are Good Witches - Ooni Of Ife / Man Rapes Two Witches He Caught In His Backyard For 3 Hours / Edo People What Do You Think Of Biafra And Their Ambition? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Cutehector(m): 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2018
I met an awesome girl online and we got chatting, we got to know ourselves and there was this spark in our chats that made it seem like we've known each other a long time ago. So I informed a friend of mine about my new found friend and told him, "oh well, I'm getting to know someone online and I think she is bae" he asked me where is she from and I replied she is from Edo state. There was this long pause and then he replied, Not applicable! I asked him what he really meant by that and he said well Edo people no be am. I did give him a piece of my mind and challenged him to stop having that mindset.

I thought to myself, why do we Nigerians tend to have this tribalistic sentiments about certain tribes in Nigeria most especially those from Edo state?

Most people say Edo people are witches that fly in the day time, some say they are badluck, some already just have this stereotype that Benin people are idol worshippers and I say that's a negative thinking. We cannot progress as Nigerians if we keep on dishing out hate speech on different tribes we really know nothing about. This issue is really a serious one most especially in cases when two people are getting married and either of the two spouses is from Edo state, the other family begins to have this negative vibe against the Edo people simply because of their warped mindset.

Not only that, we also tend to judge other tribes based on what we hear. I am sick and tired of hearing things like

Calabar people are promiscuous

Edo people are witches

Benin girls are prostitutes

Fulanis are killers

Hausa people are extremists.

We should stop this tribal bigotry amongst ourselves and learn to understand the fact that each tribe is unique. We keep on complaining whites are racists yet we are the culprits when it comes to tribalism. There are good people also and we shouldn't judge those who are good simply because of the mistakes made by those who have in one way or the other soiled the good name of the society they come from.

Let's quit the negative energies we have on ourselves and begin to see the good in people from other tribes.

Supermod (mynd44): I propose that any nairalander who posts hate speech or any tribalistic sentiment against another tribe here on nairaland must be banned for a 100years beginning from today.

Say no to tribalism, let's be united.

those who wanted links to tribalistic comments, you got served.
https://www.nairaland.com/3936593/nysc-camp-experiences-episode-4#58678961
https://www.nairaland.com/3230732/21-horrifying-short-stories-scare/1#47650243
https://www.nairaland.com/4429441/man-launches-himself-self-made-rocket/3#66343468
https://www.nairaland.com/3327789/kenya-ahead-nigeria-all-aspect/1347#59382086
https://www.nairaland.com/3949633/5-interesting-things-benin-city#58885432
https://www.nairaland.com/3941947/gov-obaseki-empower-witches-wizards#58767803
https://www.nairaland.com/3922468/yorubas-destabilizing-buharis-government-ffk/2#58458674
https://www.nairaland.com/3808325/dont-know-why-period-likes#56669176
https://www.nairaland.com/3792123/yahoo-yahoo-voodoo#56432994

i just got pissed and decided to add pictures.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Jaykolo10(m): 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2018
Well from my own knowledge and understanding I just know that you shouldn't try or mess with any edo sumbori... especially the ishan or isan people deeni

cry

3 Likes

Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Blakjewelry(m): 6:28pm On Apr 07, 2018
Well as for me I believe in individuality and not a collective people

2 Likes

Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Kingdante(m): 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
Cutehector:
I met an awesome girl online and we got chatting, we got to know ourselves and there was this spark in our chats that made it seem like we've known each other a long time ago. So I informed a friend of mine about my new found friend and told him, "oh well, I'm getting to know someone online and I think she is bae" he asked me where is she from and I replied she is from Edo state. There was this long pause and then he replied, Not applicable! I asked him what he really meant by that and he said well Edo people no be am. I did give him a piece of my mind and challenged him to stop having that mindset.

I thought to myself, why do we Nigerians tend to have this tribalistic sentiments about certain tribes in Nigeria most especially those from Edo state?

Most people say Edo people are witches that fly in the day time, some say they are badluck, some already just have this stereotype that Benin people are idol worshippers and I say that's a negative thinking. We cannot progress as Nigerians if we keep on dishing out hate speech on different tribes we really know nothing about. This issue is really a serious one most especially in cases when two people are getting married and either of the two spouses is from Edo state, the other family begins to have this negative vibe against the Edo people simply because of their warped mindset.

Not only that, we also tend to judge other tribes based on what we hear. I am sick and tired of hearing things like

Edo people are witches

Fulanis are killers

We should stop this tribal bigotry amongst ourselves and learn to understand the fact that each tribe is unique. We keep on complaining whites are racists yet we are the culprits when it comes to tribalism. There are good people also and we shouldn't judge those who are good simply because of the mistakes made by those who have in one way or the other soiled the good name of the society they come from.

Let's quit the negative energies we have on ourselves and begin to see the good in people from other tribes.

Supermod (mynd44): I propose that any nairalander who posts hate speech or any tribalistic sentiment against another tribe here on nairaland must be banned for a 100years beginning from today.

The pucci sweet abi?
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by whitebeard(m): 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
Op is funny grin
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Cutehector(m): 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2018
Kingdante:

The pucci sweet abi?
don't mess with me angry
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by alphacyborg(m): 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2018
Edo babes are witches tongue

2 Likes

Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by amuijiji: 6:58pm On Apr 07, 2018
Yezz!! Edo people re not witches but every Edo home has a modern Airport..

Take it or leave it, Edo people re natural pilots...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by dollytino4real(f): 9:01pm On Apr 07, 2018
online love wan faint u my guy! who made u their defender? abeg go rest u hear

1 Like

Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by VICTORCIZA(m): 10:38pm On Apr 07, 2018
Anything to get the pucci. lol
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 07, 2018
Bini people are good people but d ishans are way too emotional and hateful. I will not suggests any relationship with ishan woman for anybody outside Edo.

You just cannot love their altitudes.

2 Likes

Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Cutehector(m): 11:53pm On Apr 07, 2018
Onijagidijagan:
Bini people are good people but d ishans are way to emotional and hateful. I will not suggests any relationship with ishan woman for anybody outside Edo.

I don't like this. What has the ishan woman done to you and why do you think every esan woman is hateful? You should choose your words carefully.

1 Like

Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 08, 2018
Cutehector:
I don't like this. What has the ishan woman done to you and why do you think every esan woman is hateful? You should choose your words carefully.
Sorry bro is based on what I experienced personally and what have heard.

Ask Bini people or Yoruba people about ishan women they already know.
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by urvillagepeoplee(m): 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2018
Onijagidijagan:
Bini people are good people but d ishans are way too emotional and hateful. I will not suggests any relationship with ishan woman for anybody outside Edo.

I am from Edo and you are right,secondly if you are not from Benin don't make d mistake of fathering a child through a Benin girl,my guy u go hate yourself when the same girl who has been dying because of your love joins her family members to frustrate you, God save you if you are not from a strong family.
As for ishan girls, I no won go there at all.
summary, they are nice people as long as nothing serious will happen and learn to call it quit with them when your spirit say so.

4 Likes

Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by ehinmowo: 12:36am On Apr 10, 2018
Dem dey tell u nw u dey claim oyinbo there. Until u use ur head pack shit b4 ur eyes clear.

On a lighter note, that assertion is not correct. Edo pple are wonderful pple. However, if yu marry an Esan girl whose mum is still alive, to God who made me, there is 70% chance that you may hv some spiritual battle to contend wit.

1. Bini pple dey fear Esan for juju
2. Esan boys dey run away frm their own girls
3.Esan dads dey warn there male children to avoid Esan girls
4. Esan girls pride themselves in possessing voodoo.

I no dey tell u story or wot I heard from someone. Bt as a rationalist wey u be, u fit give it a try. But pray to God say u no fuckup

3 Likes

Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by mabea: 11:09am On Apr 10, 2018
Op do you have any evidence on the contrary or is it because of your online sweet heart that you now turned a counselor yet you could not state much to convince us.

I dont support tribalism by any means.
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 10, 2018
ehinmowo:
Dem dey tell u nw u dey claim oyinbo there. Until u use ur head pack shit b4 ur eyes clear.

On a lighter note, that assertion is not correct. Edo pple are wonderful pple. However, if yu marry an Esan girl whose mum is still alive, to God who made me, there is 70% chance that you may hv some spiritual battle to contend wit.

1. Bini pple dey fear Esan for juju
2. Esan boys dey run away frm their own girls
3.Esan dads dey warn there male children to avoid Esan girls
4. Esan girls pride themselves in possessing voodoo.

I no dey tell u story or wot I heard from someone. Bt as a rationalist wey u be, u fit give it a try. But pray to God say u no fuckup
hello sir, sorry I had to quote you, I'm an esan from edo state, I've lived my whole life in Benin city, visited my father's village once when I was still a child and till few years ago I believed the epistle you wrote up there, I made a friend a lady also from esan and I had the opportunity of meeting her mom and till date I'm yet to meet another woman like her, her house was the go to place for every young man/woman in her community, Edos yorubas even ibos she feed all her children's friends, the motherly love she showed these people myself included made me have a rethink, and since then I've come to judge people for who they are not because of where they're from. I'm esan from Edo I know I'm not perfect just like every human on earth, but I am far from everything you wrote up there.
break the stereotype say no to tribalism. thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 10, 2018
amuijiji:
Yezz!! Edo people re not witches but every Edo home has a modern Airport..

Take it or leave it, Edo people re natural pilots...
you're myopic, I'd advice you to visit edo state, then come back and tell us about your experience, please say no to tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 10, 2018
Cutehector:

Edo people are witches

Fulanis are killers

thanks alot for this sensitization.
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2018
urvillagepeoplee:
I am from Edo and you are right,secondly if you are not from Benin don't make d mistake of fathering a child through a Benin girl,my guy u go hate yourself when the same girl who has been dying because of your love joins her family members to frustrate you, God save you if you are not from a strong family.
summary, they are nice people as long as nothing serious will happen and learn to call it quit with them when your spirit say so.
stop the self hate and say no to tribalism. we are all Nigerians.
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by ehinmowo: 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2018
elyna:
hello sir, sorry I had to quote you, I'm an esan from edo state, I've lived my whole life in Benin city, visited my father's village once when I was still a child and till few years ago I believed the epistle you wrote up there, I made a friend a lady also from esan and I had the opportunity of meeting her mom and till date I'm yet to meet another woman like her, her house was the go to place for every young man/woman in her community, Edos yorubas even ibos she feed all her children's friends, the motherly love she showed these people myself included made me have a rethink, and since then I've come to judge people for who they are not because of where they're from. I'm esan from Edo I know I'm not perfect just like every human on earth, but I am far from everything you wrote up there.
break the stereotype say no to tribalism. thank you.

Ok
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Cutehector(m): 3:30am On Apr 11, 2018
mabea:
Op do you have any evidence on the contrary or is it because of your online sweet heart that you now turned a counselor yet you could not state much to convince us.

I dont support tribalism by any means.
I will give you lots of evidence don't worry...just chilax...
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by urvillagepeoplee(m): 3:56am On Apr 11, 2018
elyna:
stop the self hate and say no to tribalism. we are all Nigerians.
so saying the truth is now hate or didn't you read the part where is said I am from Edo?.
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 11, 2018
urvillagepeoplee:
so saying the truth is now hate or didn't you read the part where is said I am from Edo?.
I'm not saying you're lying or hating, but be wise stop generalizing they're all not the same we have wicked people all over the world, what has tribe got to do with being evil? please say no to tribalism. stay blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by urvillagepeoplee(m): 10:04am On Apr 11, 2018
elyna:
I'm not saying you're lying or hating, but be wise stop generalizing they're all not the same we have wicked people all over the world, what has tribe got to do with being evil? please say no to tribalism. stay blessed.
yes ma,bless you too.
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by OMOLEMONDAY(m): 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
urvillagepeoplee:
I am from Edo and you are right,secondly if you are not from Benin don't make d mistake of fathering a child through a Benin girl,my guy u go hate yourself when the same girl who has been dying because of your love joins her family members to frustrate you, God. save you if you are not from a strong family.
. pure lie, 2 of my mother bother married Benin women they are the best

2 Likes

Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by urvillagepeoplee(m): 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2018
OMOLEMONDAY:
. pure lie, 2 of my mother bother married Benin women they are the best
guy go and wash ur eyes with hypo and read my comment again,I said father a child and do it to a Benin family wealthier than yours and see if you will have the strength or appetite to quote someone on nairaland. its obvious you are from edo state,why not try it and see if its a lie or not. come from a wealthy family and they will respect you and be humble,try it with a family who have one or two wealthy family members abroad and watch as they will frustrate you like the shoe of a job seeker..
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by amuijiji: 12:35pm On Jun 03, 2018
elyna:
you're myopic, I'd advice you to visit edo state, then come back and tell us about your experience, please say no to tribalism.

Visit ke So that my blood count would reduce abii
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2018
amuijiji:

Visit ke So that my blood count would reduce abii
I have nothing to say to you, as you're entitled to your opinion.
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by Nowenuse: 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2018
Not all Edo people are fetish or practice witchcraft, but a good percentage of them are.

From someone who has spent 5 years in Edo state.

You just have to be very careful with these people!

The girl may be very innocent but her parents or at least one of her family members must be into witchcraft or fetish practices and in the long run they might influence her. @Cutehector

1 Like

Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by BabaRamota1980: 5:22am On Jun 04, 2018
OP,
Are you aware that Edo chiefs recently brought out a fetish that has been locked away for 400yrs?

The reason of them bringing it out is to curse Edo girls in prostitution and the pimps that put them under oath before they are sold.

You all create this impression.
Re: Edo People Are Not Witches, Please Stop The Bigotry. by callshot: 8:39am On Jun 04, 2018
alphacyborg:
Edo babes are witches tongue
beautiful but can kill you in your sleep shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Village In Virginia, Usa / Meet The Somali People / Where Are The Illushi's?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.