Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:14 AM

Truths You Didn't Know About Eternal Life - Part 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truths You Didn't Know About Eternal Life - Part 1 (259 Views)

Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / See Facts About The Return Of Christ Maybe You Didn't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Truths You Didn't Know About Eternal Life - Part 1 by bookmia(m): 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2018
"And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life." - 1 John 5:11‭-‬13 NIV

Many Christian folks don't know what it means to have eternal life! About 90% of Christian folks believe that eternal life is what you get as a reward when you get to heaven. This is wrong! Eternal life is already given to you NOW! It lives in you and it flows through you! The scripture above in NIV version says "God has given us eternal life, ...I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life." - 1 John 5:11‭-‬13 NIV. The Amplified Bible puts it this way:
"I write this to you who believe ..... so that you may know [with settled and absolute knowledge] THAT YOU [ALREADY] have life, yes, eternal life."

YOU ALREADY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE IN YOU! It is already living and active in you!

The Bible says THE LIFE OF EVERY FLESH IS IN THE BLOOD (Leviticus 17:11). The life you got from your mother and father before you got born again was sustained by blood! But when you got born again, that life was supplanted by eternal life! What does this mean to you? Think about it for a while.....

It means as a Christian, what sustains you NOW, and not when you get to heaven is eternal life! As blood flows through the veins, arteries and organs of every flesh, to sustain it, what flows through you to sustain you, to give life to you (though not seen with the optical eyes) is eternal life! Even though it is so; even though this is a fact, if you don't know about it; if you are not taught and if you don't know how to activate and live by the eternal life of God in you, you will still be affected by what affects men who are sustained by adamic sinful life which is in the blood! That's why God said "They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes." - Psalms 82:5‭-‬7 KJV

If you don't know and are not taught how to live by the eternal life of God in You, God said, you will walk on in darkness and will end up falling and dieing like mere men!

Did you know that eternal life can't be sick? Did you know that eternal life can't be poisend? Did you know that eternal life can't be infected? Eternal life is meant to sustain and give life to our flesh. I can prove all this to you from the scriptures.

We are not mere men; we are not meant to live like ordinary men! What flows through us is the life and nature of God and it is called eternal life! When God gave me understanding of this fact, my faith was built up and I began to declare it as a fact and a reality in my life! It changes your mindset and makes you not to be susceptible to what generally affects people! You need to know what you've got and learn to activate and live it!

Tomorrow, I will show us scriptural examples of people who understood this facts and lived by it. You don't want to miss this! You will be blessed just seeing this truths!

(1) (Reply)

Tope Alabi – I Wanted My Daughter To Study Medicine But She Chose Music / Words!!! / Pastors Are Not Angels!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.