Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa (2809 Views)

How Long Does It Take Canada Embassy To Request For Passport Or Grant Visa?? / Lagos Passenger Sleeping Refused To Wake Up After Reaching Last Bus Stop (Video) / A Trailer Hijacked A Police Officer And Refused To Let Go (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa by oyetpel(m): 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2018
I refused an F-1 to the son of a very wealthy and prominent local businessman.
The boy had received a full scholarship for Harvard. Why did I refuse him?
At a cocktail party a few days before the boy applied for the visa, I overheard the father bragging to his friends that his son was going to study in the US, then find a way to stay there and NEVER return home.
The son applied the next day. The day after that, Harvard called to ask why he was refused. I explained it to them, and they accepted the answer immediately and very graciously.

https://www.quora.com/My-F1-visa-was-refused-twice-What-can-I-do
Re: See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa by CryptoClub2018: 8:37pm On Apr 07, 2018
oyetpel:
I refused an F-1 to the son of a very wealthy and prominent local businessman.
The boy had received a full scholarship for Harvard. Why did I refuse him?
At a cocktail party a few days before the boy applied for the visa, I overheard the father bragging to his friends that his son was going to study in the US, then find a way to stay there and NEVER return home.
The son applied the next day. The day after that, Harvard called to ask why he was refused. I explained it to them, and they accepted the answer immediately and very graciously.

Who the f**k are u?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 07, 2018
Do consular officers eavesdrop ??

6 Likes

Re: See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa by thesicilian: 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2018
The father allowed his village people to use him to wreck his son's life.
Re: See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa by thorpido(m): 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2018
The father must have been drinking.His do you blab about such things at a public gathering of eminent personalities?
Re: See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa by ise82(m): 9:14pm On Apr 07, 2018
Those Americans are mad.
Re: See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
Tell me more. Lie lie story.

1 Like

Re: See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa by oyetpel(m): 11:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
Ojoro123:
Tell me more. Lie lie story.
go through the link to the story naw.
Re: See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa by OneCorner: 11:58pm On Apr 07, 2018
why do Nigerians enjoy lying

3 Likes

Re: See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa by oyetpel(m): 12:05am On Apr 08, 2018
OneCorner:
why do Nigerians enjoy lying
who lied?
Re: See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 08, 2018
I read the original post a while back and I still maintain that the CO was making it up.

CO and LEO are legally allowed to lie to you.

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigerian Living In VT / Pls Can Somebodi Advice Me On How To Write Visa Refusal Appeal Letter To Austria / Traveling To Oman To Hustle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.