Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,140 members, 7,780,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:17 AM

My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays (1163 Views)

Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. / Samuel Akinbodunse: Next President Of Nigeria Is A Youth, Name Starts With 'S' / Exposing the ignorance of atheism through simple class five poem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by akinyemi0103(m): 9:02pm On Apr 07, 2018
Before you guys start crucifying me of starting a religious dispute, lemme make it clear to you that m a Christian from my birth and a core believer of Jesus Christ.
So my gf has been pastering me bout a youth programme that I must attend since three weeks ago,from flooding my inbox with the programme bill to sms, tho m not a kind dat do attend other church program apart from mine, I even dislike it totally, but I just have to concur this time and give it a trial, the programme was slated to Saturday (7hrs Morning to afternoon). Gosh have got to go to work on that day and hang out with my goons later on, but I just have to sign out early from work to make it there. I got there when the sermon was going on (better late than never) got myself a seat at the last row, The convener of the sermon was dope dude with some hairstyle I wn’t mention (you knw dose pastor nah).
So it was time for prayer when my dude order pple to start packing the chair together (like can’t I sit again while m praying, dis z a free world). tho it later turn out the purpose of packing the chair together was to prevent it from damages that might occur to it later(damages?Yes). as the prayer was going on, Na so I start hearing some sound like gbosaa,gboaaa shouting of all kind, rolling on the floor (360 degree rolling), some start running around like they are running in the Olympic, jumping of all kind, you called it deliverance,No I called it staged play cos 90% of those pple acting upandan are officiating members of the programme, why nah na only dem Holy spirit or who know spirit dey posses ni,
No ask me how I dey see dem(I jst kuku ma dey pray my own dey observe wetin dey shele for my side make somwbody no come fall on me, and I was just eying my gf to see if she will fall also cos she is also one heck of a church goers, God jst save m frm fallin or else I would av disown her ryt away, I can’t start dating a posses person at this age of my life. Now what makes the matter worst was that all this pple falling like a mango fruit start standing up and come see aw they see groaning of pain, (I thought if iit was the holy spirit you would not have feel a damm thing) but the case z different here but I dn’t just pity those guys cos I no send dem.
To cut the story short this programme just make me come to a conclusion that most of we youth are not ready to work but are ready to pray for miracle to happen overnight, it does not happen that way the Bible even quote it (Work and pray) not pray alone, some are even coming out to take vows of praying for that church an hour for 23 consecutive days, haa guys wey b say dem never pray for themselves.
In fact my I can’t just write everything I witnessed today but to me have come to a decision that I won’t attend any programme my own church cos the program was just filled with deceit(God shd forgive me)
I will just advise the youth of this nation to start working hard and stop seeing some gathering as a mere place they can easily get what they want from God, Work and pray.stop looking for miracles where there z none.

Pls help move to the front page

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscop
Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 07, 2018
akinyemi0103:
m a Christian from my birth and a core believer of Jesus Christ.
So my gf has been pastering me

Core believer... What are you doing with GF? Go and marry!

1 Like

Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by akinyemi0103(m): 9:10pm On Apr 07, 2018
M playing ludo wif her ni, see question
beatcoins:
Core believer... What are you doing with GF? Go and marry!
Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by ipobarecriminals: 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
sad i doubt. it is Christ. Embassy. .U are on point about the falling. like over ripe pawpaw fruit. That was how a Pastor. piy him hand on my head com dey turned. me about like Igbo fan.Whosai? i nor fall but make pipu nor talk say i wicked,nah so i kuku fall come open. my eyes small dey observed dem..Another like. dat dey shout BOW!BOW!BOW ! for where?I nor bow ooo

1 Like

Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 07, 2018
akinyemi0103:
M playing ludo wif her ni, see question
Well, core believers don't play ludo games. They just marry under the instruction of the Holy Spirit
Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by DonEd(m): 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2018
U claim to be a follower of Christ but u sound like an atheist.
I wonder the church doctrine u grew up with

1 Like

Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by ipobarecriminals: 9:30pm On Apr 07, 2018
sad some go even. dey call Abacha and kal it speaking in unknown. tongue. U hear Abacha mabomabo.Mustapha lalasticlala lalalala.Baba babangida dadada..In CCC my church, nah to dey observe. those. fake/genuine. prophets/ prophetess dey roll up/down.May God have mercy. om me sha
Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by akinyemi0103(m): 9:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
Bros seriously, m just trying to b sincere here.
DonEd:
Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by psucc(m): 9:34pm On Apr 07, 2018
Op may God open your eye to know the true meaning of having a relationship with Christ. Your opening statement betrays you claim but i salute your courage to bare it all.
Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by ifex370(m): 10:06pm On Apr 07, 2018
akinyemi0103:
Before you guys start crucifying me of starting a religious dispute, lemme make it clear to you that m a Christian from my birth and a core believer of Jesus Christ.
So my gf has been pastering me bout a youth programme that I must attend since three weeks ago from flooding my inbox with the programme bill to sms, tho m not a kind dat do attend other church program apart from mine, I even dislike it totally, but I just have to concur this time and give it a trial, the programme was slated to Saturday (7hrs Morning to afternoon). Gosh have got to go to work on that day and hang out with my goons later on, but I just have to sign out early from work to make it there. I got there when the sermon was going on (better late than never) got myself a seat at the last row, The convener of the sermon was dope dude with some hairstyle I wn’t mention (you knw dose pastor nah).
So it was time for prayer when my dude order pple to start packing the chair together (like can’t I sit again while m praying, dis z a free world) tho it later turn out the purpose of packing the chair together was to prevent it from damages that might occur to it later(damages?Yes). as the prayer was going on, Na so I start hearing some sound like gbosaa,gboaaa shouting of all kind, rolling on the floor (360 degree rolling), some start running around like they are running in the Olympic, jumping of all kind, you called it deliverance,No I called it staged play cos 90% of those pple acting upandan are officiating members of the programme, why nah na only dem Holy spirit or who know spirit dey posses ni,
No ask me how I dey see dem(I jst kuku ma dey pray my own dey observe wetin dey shele for my side make somwbody no come fall on me, and I was just eying my gf to see if she will fall also cos she is also one heck of a church goers, God jst save m frm fallin or else I would av disown her ryt away, I can’t start dating a posses person at this age of my life. Now what makes the matter worst was that all this pple falling like a mango fruit start standing up and come see aw they see groaning of pain, (I thought if iit was the holy spirit you would not have feel a damm thing) but the case z different here but I dn’t just pity those guys cos I no send dem.
To cut the story short this programme just make me come to a conclusion that most of we youth are not ready to work but are ready to pray for miracle to happen overnight, it does not happen that way the Bible even quote it (Work and pray) not pray alone, some are even coming out to take vows of praying for that church an hour for 23 consecutive days, haa guys wey b say dem never pray for themselves.
In fact my I can’t just write everything I witnessed today but to me have come to a decision that I won’t attend any programme my own church cos the program was just filled with deceit(God shd forgive me)
I will just advise the youth of this nation to start working hard and stop seeing some gathering as a mere place they can easily get what they want from God, Work and pray.stop looking for miracles where there z none.

Pls help move to the front page

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscop

You sound like you js came out of my head....

Honestly,the religion I witness in church has made me even tired of going to church on Sundays... Its all stage performance these day's
Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by Hiswordxray(m): 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2018
akinyemi0103:
Bros seriously, m just trying to b sincere here.

I believe you, these things happen in churches today.
But my problem with you is that you keep saying you hate going to any program outside your church. The body of Christ is very big oh, Christ do not exist only in your church oh. I know there are a lot of fake out there but Jesus still have sheep outside your church, there are very good churches out there.
Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by akinyemi0103(m): 6:24am On Apr 08, 2018
And the worst thing is that more youths keep falling for that shit bro,
ifex370:

Honestly,the religion I witness in church has made me even tired of going to church on Sundays... Its all stage performance these day's
Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by mabea: 6:45am On Apr 08, 2018
This is not enough reason that assert that Nigerian youths are lazy. Praying for the church is biblical, 2 Thess 3:1.
Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by mabea: 6:50am On Apr 08, 2018
ifex370:

Spirit filled believers dont do religion. Seek to be filled.
Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by frubben(m): 6:55am On Apr 08, 2018
psucc:
Op may God open your eye to know the true meaning of having a relationship with Christ. Your opening statement betrays you claim but i salute your courage to bare it all.
so falling and spoiling church tiles is your definition of having a good relationship with God .

1 Like

Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by ifex370(m): 10:34am On Apr 08, 2018
akinyemi0103:
And the worst thing is that more youths keep falling for that shit bro,

Thank God for his mercies
Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by Ishilove: 1:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
Op, are you anti-punctuation marks?
Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by akinyemi0103(m): 3:04pm On Apr 08, 2018
grin Anti-punctuation ke? wif all that punctuation marks.
Ishilove:
Op, are you anti-punctuation marks?
Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by bot101(m): 5:47pm On Apr 08, 2018
DonEd:

Is the OP lying? You see all those people falling on their own ehn? Make I no talk their mata now. People say christians who wear skimpy dresses are being unchristian because their dressing can lead others to hell (??), but then fall for absolutely no reason at all while praying (??). God dey look all of them for HD.
Re: My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays by psucc(m): 10:10pm On Apr 08, 2018
If a child throway water for him papa house, go beat am.
frubben:
so falling and spoiling church tiles is your definition of having a good relationship with God .

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of Pastor And Mrs. Adeboye When They Were Very Young / Catholic Choir Is Robbed Of First Position In First Interdenominational Choir Co / Was A Curse To Blame For Losses Suffered By Tithers Because Of Covid19?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.