Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption (9065 Views)

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today / MTN Nigeria Compensates Subscribers For Network Downtime / Facebook, Instagram Remove 800 Accounts From Nigeria, Egypt, UAE, Give Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by edunwablog: 4:56am On Apr 08, 2018
Telecom operators on Saturday blamed intermittent interruptions on network on vandalism of base stations, destruction of optic fibre, high forex and shutting of base stations by government agencies.

The President of Association of Telecom Companies of Nigeria (ATCON), Mr Olusola Teniola, made the attribution in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

“There is a situation in the industry whereby the equipment to bring into the country to increase capacity is either delayed by government, or at the port, we are not given the right payment in time.

“Secondly, forex is high but the equipment price has not reduced, making it very difficult to sustain investment in increasing our network coverage and capacity.

”Vandalism, theft and sabotage of our base stations’ equipment, and base stations being shut down by different agencies demanding one tax after another do not help operators.

“We have incidents of optic fibre destruction, which impacts on traffic to be carried to and from one location or city to another.

“”There is need for security operatives to ensure that telecommunications equipment which is a critical national infrastructure is protected,” the ATCON president said.

He urged that the the Federal Government should ease burden on service providers by expediting action on issuance of relevant right of way permits for operators.

According to Teniola, if all the issues affecting operators are resolved, quality of service will improve.

The ATCON president said that interruption during festive periods resulted from heavy traffic associated with such periods.

He said that some operators still used equipment bought 10 years ago, calling on the government to encourage the operators by investing in telecom equipment.

“During festive period it seems that intermittent interruption is more because most of the calls are originating from Lagos to people that are living in the villages, and the network capacity is not strong.

“There has not been any form of investment in equipment that will carter for additional traffic on the network since the past 10 years, and this is not good for the industry.“We need government to encourage us to bring in the needed equipment by investing in them and making forex available for operators,” he said.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/04/telecom-operators-give-reasons-for_18.html

Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by adecz: 5:04am On Apr 08, 2018
Na wa for 9ja... sad
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by AdeniyiA(m): 5:44am On Apr 08, 2018
MTN calls have been horrible this past week ...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by Riversides2003(m): 7:21am On Apr 08, 2018
But you still end up collecting money for rubbish service, this is another way people get scammed, they should be made to payback.

15 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by Samexdx(m): 7:23am On Apr 08, 2018
Tell them to stop charging us unnecessarily first
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by Tunasco4u(m): 7:23am On Apr 08, 2018
There is always reasons, Naija Network
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by EngrMcDon(m): 7:24am On Apr 08, 2018
grin
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by onadana: 7:24am On Apr 08, 2018
See silly excuses to cover incompetence.
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by ERORR404(m): 7:24am On Apr 08, 2018
a yaba left patient's mental state is more stable than glo network.

8 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by amstamon: 7:24am On Apr 08, 2018
So there's a stup1d association and yet we dey suffer for Glo hand like this. Na God go punish una with this stupid excuses.
Stup1d country

5 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by wickyyolo: 7:25am On Apr 08, 2018
I'm currently running a big project of this standard. Government officials always think you're making large sum of money and they are always asking for bribes and more money.
They fail to understand that as an investor you project long term returns.

The Government is bleeped.

7 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by iamtardey: 7:25am On Apr 08, 2018
Gucci thunder strike una
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by Vicintonsh(m): 7:29am On Apr 08, 2018
Whatever the reason is, it's not just funny. They should have atleast informed us, I was already beginning to think my phone was faulty not until I heard others complain of same issue.

GTB should also come tell us what their problem is cos I am not understanding them again.

The full country self tire me

2 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by Nonnyflex(m): 7:29am On Apr 08, 2018
H
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by collinsVP: 7:31am On Apr 08, 2018
No exemption on this one. It affects everyone no matter how highly placed.

Abi them wan go buy private network generator grin
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by Victorakats(m): 7:35am On Apr 08, 2018
Only in Nigeria!
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by Vicintonsh(m): 7:36am On Apr 08, 2018
AdeniyiA:
MTN calls have been horrible this past week ...
Asin en, you'll just be talking with someone on the phone, next thing you start hearing ancestral incantations lipsrsealed

10 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by sirfemoz(m): 7:39am On Apr 08, 2018
The worst is the area of theft and vandalism. There are situations communities will be taxing these companies just cos of the Base station.

6 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 08, 2018
Tunasco4u:
There is always reasons, Naija Network

And all other countries have perfect network? Tell me another thing
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 08, 2018
sirfemoz:
The worst is the area of theft and vandalism. There are situations communities will be taxing these companies just cos of the Base station.

Well said
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by Topmaike007(m): 7:41am On Apr 08, 2018
happy sunday all Nairalanders
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 08, 2018
onadana:
See silly excuses to cover incompetence.

What incompetence are you talking about? Please she more light on your conclusions
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by Paperwhite(m): 7:43am On Apr 08, 2018
Whether these flimsy excuses or not,network providers are always set on acquiring profit but not wanting to provide reliable network services. embarassed
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by Nwaohafia1: 7:45am On Apr 08, 2018
They should refund us for that
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by tballeyy(m): 7:49am On Apr 08, 2018
Ur excuse is not acceptable, you are all thiefs
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by wayne4loan: 7:50am On Apr 08, 2018
God punish glo angry
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by histemple: 7:51am On Apr 08, 2018
Vicintonsh:
Whatever the reason is, it's not just funny. They should have atleast informed us, I was already beginning to think my phone was faulty not until I heard others complain of same issue.

GTB should also come tell us what their problem is cos I am not understanding them again.

The full country self tire me

GTBank internet banking has been frustrating
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by mayormick(m): 7:56am On Apr 08, 2018
I guess dats wat is affecting my browsing recently, someone can not open a site with peace without it not telling u to retry even after it has opened. To read through two lines alone na serious gobe
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by emmyw(m): 7:57am On Apr 08, 2018
Nonsense, They Keep Giving Silly Reasons In Everything, Are We Using It For Fun? It's Really Affecting People's Business. Mtcheeeeew

Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by thunderbabs: 8:20am On Apr 08, 2018
ERORR404:
a yaba left patient's mental state is more stable than glo network.

Chai, this is a Savage comment from YabaLeft grin
Re: Telecom Operators Give Reasons For Network Interruption by uwa244(m): 8:24am On Apr 08, 2018
It is we the end users that bears the brunt by paying for the poor services without refunds. undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help...!!! Mtn Cug Line / Are You Using The Right Charger For Your Devices? / LG Mobile Service Centres In Lagos Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.