Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

All 5 World Heavyweights Who Defeated Legendary Mike Tyson In His Lifetime - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All 5 World Heavyweights Who Defeated Legendary Mike Tyson In His Lifetime (794 Views)

5 World-class Players Who Rarely Get Injured / Cyriel Dessers Fires All 5 Goals In Genk Big Win / 5 World Cup Stars Who Don't Have A Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All 5 World Heavyweights Who Defeated Legendary Mike Tyson In His Lifetime by daewoorazer(m): 6:23am On Apr 08, 2018
He was popularly nicknamed “Iron Mike” all thanks to his deadly punches. Damn, he was one of my favourites. Many staunch fans of Iron Mike believed his losses can be accredited to the loss of his child, legal battles, bankruptcy issues, time in the prison et al.
Tyson had 56 “actual” fights during his lifetime (of course 2 were no contest, making it a 58), He had 50 wins, lost 6. The 6 games he lost were from 5 opponents, one of them – Evander Holyfield defeating him twice (one of which was by disqualification).

Vs James Buster Douglas

Date: February 11, 1990
Venue: Tokyo Dome, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
KO round: 10th
official scorecards: 87-86 for Tyson
86-86 and 88-83 for Douglas

Until the end of this game, Mike was unarguably the world undefeated champ as he held the WBA, IBF and WBC titles. He was known for his deadly fists but poor Douglas came by anyways. One thing I noticed help the latter was his ability to keep Tyson off his space lest he got massively destroyed.

Re: All 5 World Heavyweights Who Defeated Legendary Mike Tyson In His Lifetime by daewoorazer(m): 6:24am On Apr 08, 2018

Vs Evander Holyfield
Date: November 9, 1996
Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena in Paradise, Nevada, USA.
KO round: 11th

Do not confuse this with The Bite Fight which the refree stopped at the third round when Mike bit Evander’s ears.

This game was brutal and demeaning for a cocky Mike. The last rounds if you watch the match was not easy for the big man Mike. He missed wild punches thrown at Evander while he absorbed every other deadly fists sent out by the latter. I read the post match interview and guess what Iron Mike said about Holyfield? "Thank you very much. I have the greatest respect for you”. Isn’t he a sportsman?

Re: All 5 World Heavyweights Who Defeated Legendary Mike Tyson In His Lifetime by daewoorazer(m): 6:25am On Apr 08, 2018

Vs Lennox Lewis
Date: June 8, 2002
Venue: Pyramid Arena in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
KO round: 8th

The fight I remember was at first slated for 6th of April, 2002 but was postponed due to issues with the governing executives of some states in the USA.
Holyfield is a tall sportsman and didn’t fail to use this advantage against Mike to clinch the title. All through the match, one thing I noticed about Lewis was he always stretching his arm out, maintaining a distance from a shorter hand Mike. This translates to him landing more deadly fists than Mike could. Lenox won in the 8th round all thanks to the distance maintained and some literally killing upper cuts.

Re: All 5 World Heavyweights Who Defeated Legendary Mike Tyson In His Lifetime by daewoorazer(m): 6:25am On Apr 08, 2018

Vs Danny Williams
Date: July 30, 2004
Venue: Freedom Hall in Louisville, Kentucky, United States
KO round: 4th

For me, it was as though the match was fixed; the last 25 secs was baffling as a once energetic Mike became a vegetable and assumed the position of a punching bag. He couldn’t lift his hands to return not even a single jab; that ain’t the Tyson I knew!

Re: All 5 World Heavyweights Who Defeated Legendary Mike Tyson In His Lifetime by daewoorazer(m): 6:27am On Apr 08, 2018

Vs Kevin McBride
Date: June 11, 2005
Venue:
MCI Center in Washington, D.C., United States
KO round: 6th

This game to me also seem funny, how you would ask. A leading Mike on judge’s scorecards despite 2 points deductions all thanks to a head-but from him surrendered while being attended to on his stool before the commencement of the 7th round. This came as a shock to his fans and that doesn’t exclude me till date.

lalasticlala
mynd44

Re: All 5 World Heavyweights Who Defeated Legendary Mike Tyson In His Lifetime by timwudz(m): 6:34am On Apr 08, 2018
Ok

(1) (Reply)

live South Africa Vs Mali : African Championship Women - Play Offs - Semi-finals / Egyptian Football Star Mido To Face Flogging In Saudi Arabia After Insult On Fan / Sport Trading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.