Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,872 members, 7,798,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? (3751 Views)

What God Did To My Friend When He Was About To Learn Yahoo-yahoo In A Cafe / 10 Times God Did The Impossible In The Bible / How Did Satan Convince 1/3 Of The Angels To Betray God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2018
Thank you.
FaithfulServant:

Just pray that the Lord give you understanding my brother. Don't try to study the scripture with your own understanding without the guidance of the Holy Spirit because you might get confused and be misleaded (John 14:26).

1 Like

Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Your spellings are confusing. Is this a tough question to you?

If you like hide under spellings being confusing cover, the bottom line is that you are trying to ask a question not mentioned or talked about in the Bible or rather ask a question that the answers will never be seen in the Bible. Any answer you try to give is an assumption. You are basically arguing from silence period.
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:04pm On Apr 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Nice question! I appreciate your effort but I would prefer to stick to the topic to avoid derailing the thread. You can open a thread and tag me on it.
Thanks.
But you derailed.
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2018
Thank you, buddy. Your spelling is coming off really sharp.
Hairyrapunzel:

If you like hide under spellings being confusing cover, the bottom line is that you are trying to ask a question not mentioned or talked about in the Bible or rather ask a question that the answers will never be seen in the Bible. Any answer you try to give is an assumption. You are basically arguing from silence period.
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2018
Oh, sorry about that. Thanks
Hairyrapunzel:

But you derailed.
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:13pm On Apr 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Your spelling is confusing. Is this a tough question to you?

The question doesn't have any biblical backing or stance. At the end of the day you are just assuming.
You people formulate doctrines based on these kind of questions that have no bearing with any biblical passage. You generate abstract answers to them so your doctrines will look acceptable to you.

You put a wrong name in a place where it isn't in the first place. How will you get the right answer? Is that how those 8 men told you guys to start asking questions? Removing the right names from their positions and inserting wrong names?
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 08, 2018
Okay, thanks!
Hairyrapunzel:

The question doesn't have any biblical backing or stance. At the end of the day you are just assuming.
You people formulate doctrines based on these kind of questions that have no bearing with any biblical passage. You generate abstract answers to them so your doctrines will look acceptable to you.

You put a wrong name in a place where it isn't in the first place. How will you get the right answer? Is that how those 8 men told you guys to start asking questions? Removing the right names from their positions and inserting wrong names?
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 08, 2018
removetheturban:
A god and not a God. cheesy I love your translation. Can you tell me the Hebrew word used in that verse? And the word used as 'God' in Hebrew?
So, did God lie to Moses? Was he a God to Pharoah or not?
If you say so.
How did he empty himself?
And why didn't he know the day and hour when he was asked if he was the true God?
I think I didn't explain it deeper for you to understand it. Moses had a human nature so he cannot be God. To be called God means you have a God nature.
He was just given the authority by God to act as God to Pharaoh.
To give you the authority to be a father over my son doesn't make you a father. You are just acting in my stead.

Now concerning Jesus, He emptied Himself to take on the form of a servant. He was still God. He just decided not to live like God but a servant.

Speaking of Jesus' Second Coming, Matthew 24:36 (and Mark 13:32) tells us, “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”
When Jesus spoke these words to the disciples, even He had no knowledge of the date and time of His return. Although Jesus was fully God (John 1:1, 14), when He became a man, He voluntarily restricted the use of certain divine attributes (Philippians 2:6 - cool. He did not manifest them unless directed by the Father (John 4:34; 5:30; 6:38). He demonstrated His omniscience on several occasions (cf. John 2:25; 3:13), but He voluntarily restricted that omniscience to only those things God wanted Him to know during the days of His humanity (John 15:15).

Such was the case regarding the knowledge of the date and time of His return. After He was resurrected, Jesus resumed His full divine knowledge (cf. Matthew 28:18; Acts 1:7). Matthew 24:36 clearly states that the Father alone knows when Jesus' return will be. Verses such as John 5:30; 6:38; 8:28-29; 10:30; 12:49; 14:28, 31; and Matthew 26:39, 42 demonstrate Jesus' submission to the Father as well as their Oneness in the Godhead. Yes, they are both God. But some things Jesus had apparently chosen to "give up the rights" to be privy to during His earthly ministry (see Philippians 2:5-11). Jesus, now exalted in Heaven, surely knows all, including the timing of His Second Coming.
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by FaithfulServant(m): 10:25pm On Apr 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Thank you.

Remain blessed smiley
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2018
Junia:

I think I didn't explain it deeper for you to understand it. Moses had a human nature so he cannot be God. To be called God means you have a God nature.
He was just given the authority by God to act as God to Pharaoh.
To give you the authority to be a father over my son doesn't make you a father. You are just acting in my stead.
Explain God's nature.

I appreciate the example that you used above. Matthew 28:18 Jesus says "all authority has been given to me".
If a man cannot become a father because he was given the authority over one's son, doesn't that mean that Jesus cannot be the only true God(as he said) just because he was given the authority?

Your rule should apply here either.
Junia:

Now concerning Jesus, He emptied Himself to take on the form of a servant. He was still God. He just decided not to live like God but a servant.
I agree with you that it was of his own volition but the Bible said that he EMPTIED himself and took on the form of a servant(of men). have you wondered why that word was chosen of all words? Do you think that it was a befitting verb in this context?
Junia:

Speaking of Jesus' Second Coming, Matthew 24:36 (and Mark 13:32) tells us, “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”
When Jesus spoke these words to the disciples, even He had no knowledge of the date and time of His return. Although Jesus was fully God (John 1:1, 14), when He became a man, He voluntarily restricted the use of certain divine attributes (Philippians 2:6 - cool. He did not manifest them unless directed by the Father (John 4:34; 5:30; 6:38). He demonstrated His omniscience on several occasions (cf. John 2:25; 3:13), but He voluntarily restricted that omniscience to only those things God wanted Him to know during the days of His humanity (John 15:15).
He voluntarily restricted = only those things God wanted him to know.
He said that he DID NOT know. Not that he would not tell. Or did he tell a lie?
Junia:

Such was the case regarding the knowledge of the date and time of His return. After He was resurrected, Jesus resumed His full divine knowledge (cf. Matthew 28:18; Acts 1:7).
Why did he not tell the disciples the time of the end of this time?
Junia:

Matthew 24:36 clearly states that the Father alone knows when Jesus' return will be. Verses such as John 5:30; 6:38; 8:28-29; 10:30; 12:49; 14:28, 31; and Matthew 26:39, 42 demonstrate Jesus' submission to the Father as well as their Oneness in the Godhead.
The father alone knows = as well as their oneness
You may need to correlate that in a clearer sense.
Junia:

As wellYes, they are both God. But some things Jesus had apparently chosen to "give up the rights" to be privy to during His earthly ministry (see Philippians 2:5-11). Jesus, now exalted in Heaven, surely knows all, including the timing of His Second Coming.
Did you know that Jesus communicated with some Apostles after his death? Did you know that he was in heaven when the revelation was given to Apostle John?
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2018
removetheturban:
Explain God's nature.

I appreciate the example that you used above. Matthew 28:18 Jesus says "all authority has been given to me".
If a man cannot become a father because he was given the authority over one's son, doesn't that mean that Jesus cannot be the only true God(as he said) just because he was given the authority?

Your rule should apply here either.
I agree with you that it was of his own volition but the Bible said that he EMPTIED himself and took on the form of a servant(of men). have you wondered why that word was chosen of all words? Do you think that it was a befitting verb in this context?
He voluntarily restricted = only those things God wanted him to know.
He said that he DID NOT know. Not that he would not tell. Or did he tell a lie?
Why did he not tell the disciples the time of the end of this time? The father alone knows = as well as their oneness
You may need to correlate that in a clearer sense.
Did you know that Jesus communicated with some Apostles after his death? Did you know that he was in heaven when the revelation was given to Apostle John?
Jesus didn't become the true God because he was given authority. He was God in the beginning.

To empty himself means to lay aside the equality of God.
So what the Bible is saying is that Jesus laid aside He being God and took upon Himself a form of a servant.

He said that He did not know because He was talking as a man. And speaking as a man, He cannot equal Himself with The Father. That's why He said The Father alone knows.
John 10:30 says He and The Father are One. This means there is nothing The Father knows that The Son doesn't know.

What revelation are you talking about ?

Thanks
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2018
Junia:

Jesus didn't become the true God because he was given authority. He was God in the beginning.
Is he the true God?
Junia:

To empty himself means to lay aside the equality of God.
Can you support this answer using Bible references?
Junia:

So what the Bible is saying is that Jesus laid aside He being God and took upon Himself a form of a servant.
Is that exactly how the Bible put it? Being God or in God's form? Initially, you insisted that Moses was not God but was "like a god". Going by your rule, does being in the form of God mean that one is the true God?
Junia:

He said that He did not know because He was talking as a man. And speaking as a man, He cannot equal Himself with The Father. That's why He said The Father alone knows.
In what form was he when he said that he and the father are one? Would you want to discredit that verse seeing that he is no longer in that form?
Junia:

John 10:30 says He and The Father are One. This means there is nothing The Father knows that The Son doesn't know.
But Jesus told you that the father alone knows the date and hour. Isn't that one thing that the father knows that the son doesn't?
Mark 10:40 Did Jesus know who would be at his right or left?
Junia:

What revelation are you talking about ?
Thanks
The last book of the Bible. Why didn't Jesus supply the date at the time that he ascended to the heavens if he knew?
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 09, 2018
removetheturban:
Is he the true God?
Can you support this answer using Bible references? Is that exactly how the Bible put it? Being God or in God's form? Initially, you insisted that Moses was not God but was "like a god". Going by your rule, does being in the form of God mean that one is the true God?
In what form was he when he said that he and the father are one? Would you want to discredit that verse seeing that he is no longer in that form? But Jesus told you that the father alone knows the date and hour. Isn't that one thing that the father knows that the son doesn't?
Mark 10:40 Did Jesus know who would be at his right or left?
The last book of the Bible. Why didn't Jesus supply the date at the time that he ascended to the heavens if he knew?
When the Bible says The True God, it's talking about The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. They are One.

He emptied Himself, the NLT translates it as "He laid aside His divine privileges".

Being in the form of God is translated in the NLT as "though He was God". Other translations uses nature.

Don't forget I told you He had a human and God nature. So to say He and The Father are One, He is talking with His divine nature.
Don't get confused, He was able to use both natures.

There is nothing the Father knows that The Son doesn't. Jesus said The Father is in Him and He is in The Father. They are inseparable.
He spoke like a human when He made that statement.

Mark 10:40 does not talk about He knowing or not knowing anything. He just made it clear to them that His left and right are prepared for some specific people.
It could be all Christians, He just didn't want them to know.

Supply the date and time, He doesn't want anyone to know.
He said He will come like a thief. Meaning when no one is aware.
So why should He give the date and time when He is coming like a thief ?

You're blessed
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by haywizzy007(m): 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2018
When the Bible says The True God, it's talking about The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. They are One.

He emptied Himself, the NLT translates it as "He laid aside His divine privileges".

Being in the form of God is translated in the NLT as "though He was God". Other translations uses nature.

Don't forget I told you He had a human and God nature. So to say He and The Father are One, He is talking with His divine nature.

There is nothing the Father knows that The Son doesn't. Jesus said The Father is in Him and He is in The Father. They are inseparable.

Mark 10:40 does not talk about He knowing or not knowing anything. He just made it clear to them that His left and right are prepared for some specific people.

You're blessed
i followed the conversation all through, you are speaking from both corners of the mouth. it will do you good to admit you are confused about the trinity subject.
You don't know the implications of what you're saying ...you are indirectly saying Jesus Christ was deceiving his faithful apostles when he honestly told them he doesn't know the hour. May the almighty God forgive you. God is never the author of confusion or deceit.
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2018
haywizzy007:

You're blessed
i followed the conversation all through, you are speaking from both corners of the mouth. it will do you good to admit you are confused about the trinity subject.
You don't know the implications of what you're saying ...you are indirectly saying Jesus Christ was deceiving his faithful apostles when he honestly told them he doesn't know the hour. May the almighty God forgive you. God is never the author of confusion or deceit
how do you then reconcile your comment with this scripture? 1cor 2:11
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God...

Do you agree with the Scripture that says the Spirit of God knows the things of God? Would you say the Holy Spirit doesn't know what God knows?
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2018
Junia:

But Jesus is the one who made the statement and in the same sentence he mentioned himself separate from the ONLY true God in John 17:3. Are you indirectly blaspheming against Jesus?
Junia:

That being said, the NLT translation does not buttress your point because a privilege is not a right. A privilege is something handed or granted to someone. Therefore, going by your NLT translation, Jesus was granted the divine form that you are talking about. Someone must have done that. The one Jesus called, THE ONLY TRUE GOD.
Junia:

Initially you quoted NLT as translating divine, now it is God. Which do we flow with?
Junia:

Don't forget I told you He had a human and God nature.
You told me that quite alright but can you show me from the Bible? And, does that imply that the father was also human? Going by your analysis, if he is in a godhead with the father, and he became human, the father himself became human too.
Junia:

So to say He and The Father are One, He is talking with His divine nature.
That is Soliloquy. How do you relate what you said with what the Bible says in John 10:25 that Jesus made that comment in reply to the Jews. Are the Jews your definition of his divine nature?
Junia:

Did the Bible say that he came in two natures? Can you support this with Bible references?
Junia:

There is nothing the Father knows that The Son doesn't.
How about the date and hour?
Junia:

Jesus said The Father is in Him and He is in The Father. They are inseparable. He spoke like a human when He made that statement.
So, his human self that died is inseparable from the father while his divine nature is separable, isn't it? Jesus said that we (his followers) can also be in them. In what nature are his followers?
Junia:

Did Jesus come to make things known to us or to hoard information?
Junia:

But he clearly says, 'I DO NOT KNOW'. Did you know that you are systematically calling Jesus a liar for saying that he knew and chose to deceive his followers?
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2018
removetheturban:
But Jesus is the one who made the statement and in the same sentence he mentioned himself separate from the ONLY true God in John 17:3. Are you indirectly blaspheming against Jesus?
That being said, the NLT translation does not buttress your point because a privilege is not a right. A privilege is something handed or granted to someone. Therefore, going by your NLT translation, Jesus was granted the divine form that you are talking about. Someone must have done that. The one Jesus called, THE ONLY TRUE GOD.
Initially you quoted NLT as translating divine, now it is God. Which do we flow with? You told me that quite alright but can you show me from the Bible? And, does that imply that the father was also human? Going by your analysis, if he is in a godhead with the father, and he became human, the father himself became human too. That is Soliloquy. How do you relate what you said with what the Bible says in John 10:25 that Jesus made that comment in reply to the Jews. Are the Jews your definition of his divine nature? Did the Bible say that he came in two natures? Can you support this with Bible references? How about the date and hour? So, his human self that died is inseparable from the father while his divine nature is separable, isn't it? Jesus said that we (his followers) can also be in them. In what nature are his followers?
But he clearly says, 'I DO NOT KNOW'. Did you know that you are systematically calling Jesus a liar for saying that he knew and chose to deceive his followers?
I don't know what you cannot understand. You're just in to argue. I'm not into arguments.
Speaking with His human nature, He called His Father The Only True God. And He wants to be acknowledged as The One The Father Sent. This is simply humility.

A privilege is not only granted please.

Titus 2:13, John 20:28, Colossians 2:9 etc ... shows He was fully God.

You don't need the Bible to specifically state that He is operating in two natures. Divine insight will make you understand. Unless you just don't want to.
The Bible clearly states the Word was God.
He received worship.
He was called my Lord and my God
Peter called Him our God and our Saviour
The Father said Thy Throne O God
Is that not enough to know He was fully God.

The fact that He died shows He was fully man.

How many times should I tell you He knows the date and time.
God knows everything. The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are One.

Christians are partakers of the divine nature.

He didn't come to make everything known to us.
For someone to tell you He will come like a thief, is that not enough for you to know that He doesn't want you to know when He will come ?
Did He tell us where They were before They created us ?
Do you expect Him to tell us everything ?

This is so simple, He said I don't know.
A human cannot know all the things of God.
Speaking with His human nature, He cannot say certain things.
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
Junia:

I don't know what you cannot understand. You're just in to argue. I'm not into arguments.
Speaking with His human nature, He called His Father The Only True God. And He wants to be acknowledged as The One The Father Sent. This is simply humility.
I am here to have a mature conversation not to argue. The fact that a question drilled you shouldn't make you cower. What you typed above is your ideology and not from the Bible. That is why it is difficult for you to second it with Bible references. Do not add or remove! The Bible holds that Jesus EMPTIED himself but you said that he was both God and man. Who should be believed? Your word against the Bible.

Even after Jesus was exalted to a superior position, he was still referred to as Jesus or Lord. He was still referred to as the son of God. He continued to state that Jehovah is his God. Even in heaven, Jesus summoned all his servants to worship our (his) God. Do not suppress the truth because of a belief that you hold or have been taught. Use the Bible as your firm guide.

Jude 1:25 (Written many years after Jesus ascended and was seen seated at the right hand of Jehovah)
New International Version
to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

1 Peter 1:3 (Written many years after Jesus ascended and was seen seated at the right hand of Jehovah)
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Philippians 4:20 (Written many years after Jesus ascended and was seen seated at the right hand of Jehovah)
To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.

1 Timothy 1:17 (Written many years after Jesus ascended and was seen seated at the right hand of Jehovah)
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

John 17:3 (Jesus himself said before he died)
...the only true God
Junia:

A privilege is not only granted please.
Okay but Jesus said all authority (or power) was GIVEN to him by the only true God in Matthew 28:18.

He also said that he can do nothing by himself but what he learned or heard from Jehovah John 5:19
Junia:

Titus 2:13, John 20:28, Colossians 2:9 etc ... shows He was fully God.
Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth (or type with your finger) that Jesus is Lord (and not God), and Believe in your heart that God(the God that Jesus said is the ONLY TRUE GOD) raises Jesus from the dead, you will be saved.
Junia:

You don't need the Bible to specifically state that He is operating in two natures. Divine insight will make you understand. Unless you just don't want to.
If Jesus could quote directly without mincing words or adding his own insight but rather said JUST AS THE FATHER TOLD HIM, what would stop you as a follower of Christ from doing the same? Quote exactly from the Bible and do not use your insight. Jesus brought the word from that far height above to us and then we ignore it for our insight. Give Jesus the respect and honor that he deserves and quote him.

Galatians 1:8 If anyone preaches a different gospel ...(other than the one in the Bible), let him be under God's curse!

You do not want to be under God's curse, do You?
Junia:

The Bible clearly states the Word was God.
He received worship.
He was called my Lord and my God
Peter called Him our God and our Saviour
The Father said Thy Throne O God
Is that not enough to know He was fully God.
John 20:17 After he was resurrected and preparing to ascend, he told you that your God is equally his God. Will you accept Jesus' words or will you discredit them?
Junia:

The fact that He died shows He was fully man.

How many times should I tell you He knows the date and time.
God knows everything. The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are One.
Show me from the Bible and do not force it on me. Galatians 1:8 If anyone preaches a different gospel ...(other than the one in the Bible), let him be under God's curse!

Jesus = "I do not know",
You say = "he knows"

Should we believe you or Jesus? beware of Galatians 1:8
Junia:

Christians are partakers of the divine nature.
How do you come up with all these? Partakers! Kindly explain what you mean.
Junia:

He didn't come to make everything known to us.
For someone to tell you He will come like a thief, is that not enough for you to know that He doesn't want you to know when He will come ?
Did He tell us where They were before They created us ?
Do you expect Him to tell us everything ?
There is a popular saying that says half the truth is often a great lie. John 8:22 Jesus said that we will know THE TRUTH and that is what will set us free.
Junia:

This is so simple, He said I don't know.
A human cannot know all the things of God.
LOL he is God = A human can not know all the things of God = (Jesus said) I speak what the father has given to me. Is the father human as well? He was saying what the father told him. Therefore, was the father himself in human nature?
Junia:

Speaking with His human nature, He cannot say certain things.
At what time of the day or season did he transform into human and then to God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2018
removetheturban:
I am here to have a mature conversation not to argue. The fact that a question drilled you shouldn't make you cower. What you typed above is your ideology and not from the Bible. That is why it is difficult for you to second it with Bible references. Do not add or remove! The Bible holds that Jesus EMPTIED himself but you said that he was both God and man. Who should be believed? Your word against the Bible.

Even after Jesus was exalted to a superior position, he was still referred to as Jesus or Lord. He was still referred to as the son of God. He continued to state that Jehovah is his God. Even in heaven, Jesus summoned all his servants to worship our (his) God. Do not suppress the truth because of a belief that you hold or have been taught. Use the Bible as your firm guide.

Jude 1:25 (Written many years after Jesus ascended and was seen seated at the right hand of Jehovah)
to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

1 Peter 1:3 (Written many years after Jesus ascended and was seen seated at the right hand of Jehovah)
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Philippians 4:20 (Written many years after Jesus ascended and was seen seated at the right hand of Jehovah)
To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.

1 Timothy 1:17 (Written many years after Jesus ascended and was seen seated at the right hand of Jehovah)
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

John 17:3 (Jesus himself said before he died)
...the only true God
Okay but Jesus said all authority (or power) was GIVEN to him by the only true God in Matthew 28:18.

He also said that he can do nothing by himself but what he learned or heard from Jehovah John 5:19
Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth (or type with your finger) that Jesus is Lord (and not God), and Believe in your heart that God(the God that Jesus said is the ONLY TRUE GOD) raises Jesus from the dead, you will be saved. If Jesus could quote directly without mincing words or adding his own insight but rather said JUST AS THE FATHER TOLD HIM, what would stop you as a follower of Christ from doing the same? Quote exactly from the Bible and do not use your insight. Jesus brought the word from that far height above to us and then we ignore it for our insight. Give Jesus the respect and honor that he deserves and quote him.

Galatians 1:8 If anyone preaches a different gospel ...(other than the one in the Bible), let him be under God's curse!

You do not want to be under God's curse, do You? John 20:17 After he was resurrected and preparing to ascend, he told you that your God is equally his God. Will you accept Jesus' words or will you discredit them?
Show me from the Bible and do not force it on me. Galatians 1:8 If anyone preaches a different gospel ...(other than the one in the Bible), let him be under God's curse!

Jesus = "I do not know",
You say = "he knows"

Should we believe you or Jesus? beware of Galatians 1:8
How do you come up with all these? Partakers! Kindly explain what you mean. There is a popular saying that says half the truth is often a great lie. John 8:22 Jesus said that we will know THE TRUTH and that is what will set us free.
LOL he is God = A human can not know all the things of God = (Jesus said) I speak what the father has given to me. Is the father human as well? He was saying what the father told him. Therefore, was the father himself in human nature? At what time of the day or season did he transform into human and then to God?

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

John 20:28
Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

2 Peter 1:1
. . . our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 1:8
But of the Son he says, “Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever, the righteous scepter is the scepter of thy kingdom.”

John 1:18
No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

John 10:33
“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

John 5:18
This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

John 8:57-58
The people said, “You aren’t even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?” Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!”

Isaiah 44:6
Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.

Revelation 2:8
“And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the first and the last, who died and came to life.

Revelation 1:17-18
When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

Matthew 2:1-2
After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

Matthew 28:8-9
So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.

Only God is Worshipped

2 Peter 1:1
Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ , To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Acts 20:28
Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

Are these scriptures in your Bible ?

Revelations 19:12
His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

Replying to Jesus saying he doesn't know.
From the above scripture John is saying Jesus only knew this name. Is John telling lies ? Is The Father not All Knowing ?

To conclude
This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

The Jews understood that calling God His own Father means He is making Himself equal with God.
So even if you choose to call Him Son of God, you're still saying He is equal with God. This is because The Son of A God is A God.
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 09, 2018
FaithfulServant:

Just pray that the Lord give you understanding my brother. Don't try to study the scripture with your own understanding without the guidance of the Holy Spirit because you might get confused and be misleaded (John 14:26).

Lol they don't study the Bible by their own authority or for themselves they study the Bible under the light of the "newly annointed" watchtower interpretation
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by nans24: 11:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
removetheturban:
Did Satan think it robbery to be equal to God? Did he exist in God's form?

Lets have a mature conversation.

Why are you witnesses quick to judge Catholic leaders as being pedophiles, when your so called organization is filled with them?

Isn't that a pure example of being hypocrites?
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 5:36am On Apr 10, 2018
Junia:

The Jews understood that calling God His own Father means He is making Himself equal with God.
So even if you choose to call Him Son of God, you're still saying He is equal with God. This is because The Son of A God is A God.
So, how many Gods have you listed now?
Going by your rule, is the Holy Spirit also a God?
How many sons does God have?
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 5:45am On Apr 10, 2018
Junia:

To conclude
Listen to Jesus words
John 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ? 35If he called THEM ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son?
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 10, 2018
removetheturban:
So, how many Gods have you listed now?
Going by your rule, is the Holy Spirit also a God?
How many sons does God have?
When the Bible says God, depending on the content, it could be The Father, The Son or The Holy Spirit.

John 3:16 addressed the Father as God
Acts 20:28 addressed the Son as God
Acts 5:3-4 addressed the Holy Spirit as God
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:46am On Apr 10, 2018
removetheturban:
Initially you quoted NLT as translating divine, now it is God. Which do we flow with? You told me that quite alright but can you show me from the Bible? And, does that imply that the father was also human? Going by your analysis, if he is in a godhead with the father, and he became human, the father himself became human too. That is Soliloquy. How do you relate what you said with what the Bible says in John 10:25 that Jesus made that comment in reply to the Jews. Are the Jews your definition of his divine nature? Did the Bible say that he came in two natures? Can you support this with Bible references? How about the date and hour? So, his human self that died is inseparable from the father while his divine nature is separable, isn't it? Jesus said that we (his followers) can also be in them. In what nature are his followers?

You have refused to answer my question. Let me ask again

Since you say the Word is a god, Is the Word a true or a false God?
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 10, 2018
removetheturban:
Listen to Jesus words
John 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ? 35If he called THEM ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son?
So what are you trying to say here ?
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 10, 2018
John 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ? 35[b]If he called THEM ‘gods[/b],’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside

Is it your intention to set the scripture aside?
Junia:

When the Bible says God, depending on the content, it could be The Father, The Son or The Holy Spirit.

John 3:16 addressed the Father as God
Acts 20:28 addressed the Son as God
Acts 5:3-4 addressed the Holy Spirit as God

Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 10, 2018
Listen to Jesus words
John 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ? 35If he called THEM ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

I am reiterating Jesus' words, "He is God’s Son".
Junia:

So what are you trying to say here ?
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 10, 2018
You and I have been through this before. If you need any further answer, open a thread and tag me on it. Do not derail MY thread.
Hairyrapunzel:

You have refused to answer my question. Let me ask again

Since you say the Word is a god, Is the Word a true or a false God?
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 10, 2018
removetheturban:
Listen to Jesus words
John 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ? 35If he called THEM ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

I am reiterating Jesus' words, "He is God’s Son".
Is A Son of A God a human being ?
Who is The Word John talks about ?
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 10, 2018
removetheturban:
John 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ? 35[b]If he called THEM ‘gods[/b],’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside

Is it your intention to set the scripture aside?
What I listed are they scriptures ?
I addressed The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit with scriptures. Or those scriptures are not real.
Re: Did Satan Think It Robbery To Be Equal To God? Did He Exist In God's Form? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:17am On Apr 10, 2018
removetheturban:
You and I have been through this before. If you need any further answer, open a thread and tag me on it. Do not derail MY thread.
Abi you can't answer? You said the word was a God so I asked if the word was a true or a false God?
You made a statement on this threadand I asked a question related to that statement. Why are you avoiding to answer?
You believe you can make any statement you like and avoid any question related to it but you want people to answer your assumption based questions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Can't Prove That God Doesn't Exist. Really? / Name A Yoruba Worship Song You Can't Stop Singing / Weekly Crusaders' Report-this Thread Would Be Updated Regularly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.