Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,773 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama (35920 Views)

Bishop Peter Nworie Chukwu Ordained For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese / Pope Francis Appoints Peter Chukwu Bishop For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese (Photo) / Pastor Ebelenna Chukwu Claims To 'Turn Water To Wine' (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 08, 2019
SEGLIZ:

you got it all wrong and twisted.

Religious people always defend their religion even wen the evils of their religion stares them on the face.

Ur God thru ur bible also condones, supports and even wrote laws for slavery. Can anyone who believes in such a God be stable?
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by DateMynd44(m): 7:47am On Jul 08, 2019
PlanckTime:

Afonja
shut up. Arochukwu people are Ibibios. stop living in ignorance
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 08, 2019
acedsportsng:

The Bible, obviously.

Where's yours?

Looooooooooooool.

The bible is nothing but a religious book and not a historical document, how the Romans (The order of the Nicea) wrote the bible and rewrote portions of it several times for several centuries is a well document fact that isnt being argued anywhere.

If u want to prove that Adam existed, then show me any historical document that supports ur claim.
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by giles14(m): 7:54am On Jul 08, 2019
XXLDICK:
The phrase "Chukwu Okike Abiama" became overly pronounced especially by the IPOB group of recent. Many people including Igbos have no idea of its meaning. I asked my kinsmen but they had no idea too definitely because we aren't from Arochukwu.

Contrary to recent believe, Chukwu Abiama is a pagan God and not what many of us believe it is. Chukwu Abiama was the name given to the central God of the Arochukwu people.

Chukwu Abiama which means the God that reveals truth was very instrumental during slave trade because the shrine which housed the God was more like a supreme court in Arochukwu, anybody whom was found guilty was either dedicated to the gods (Osu) or sold to the whites as a slave.

Igbos that claim to be Jews claimed Chukwu Abiama means God of Abraham, that Abiama is a distorted pronunciation of the word Abraham

It's funny to find many Christians now using the phrase Chukwu Okike Abiama, if only they knew which God they are calling.

The claim that Chukwu Abiama means God of Abraham is just another attempt by some low self-esteem Igbos to rewrite the Igbo history and solidify their irrational claim of Jewish ancestry which I see as an insult to the great Igbo tribe because the Igbo tribe predates Adam.
Bleep off, was Chukwu not also a pagan name. Even so much names in Christianity today were once pagan names.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by PlanckTime: 7:55am On Jul 08, 2019
DateMynd44:
shut up. Arochukwu people are Ibibios.
stop living in ignorance

Afonja go and say it in Arochukwu make then behead you, use you skull dance war dance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by ABOVEDELAW: 7:56am On Jul 08, 2019
WHAT TYPE OF CRACK DID YOU SMOKE, GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YELLING OR BETTER KEEP QUIET!
XXLDICK:
The phrase "Chukwu Okike Abiama" became overly pronounced especially by the IPOB group of recent. Many people including Igbos have no idea of its meaning. I asked my kinsmen but they had no idea too definitely because we aren't from Arochukwu.

Contrary to recent believe, Chukwu Abiama is a pagan God and not what many of us believe it is. Chukwu Abiama was the name given to the central God of the Arochukwu people.

Chukwu Abiama which means the God that reveals truth was very instrumental during slave trade because the shrine which housed the God was more like a supreme court in Arochukwu, anybody whom was found guilty was either dedicated to the gods (Osu) or sold to the whites as a slave.

Igbos that claim to be Jews claimed Chukwu Abiama means God of Abraham, that Abiama is a distorted pronunciation of the word Abraham

It's funny to find many Christians now using the phrase Chukwu Okike Abiama, if only they knew which God they are calling.

The claim that Chukwu Abiama means God of Abraham is just another attempt by some low self-esteem Igbos to rewrite the Igbo history and solidify their irrational claim of Jewish ancestry which I see as an insult to the great Igbo tribe because the Igbo tribe predates Adam.
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by DateMynd44(m): 7:58am On Jul 08, 2019
PlanckTime:

Afonja go and say it in Arochukwu make then behead you, use you skull dance war dance
onye iberibe I'm from Arochukwu community and we don't see ourselves as igbo.
how come our culture is the same with the Efiks and Ibibios? we even bear their names and understand their dialect
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by olawrites4: 8:00am On Jul 08, 2019
acedsportsng:
How can you say the igbo tribe predates Adam??

Wasn't Adam the first man ni??

According to the bible Adam is 7,000 years old. However, archeological evidence proves that people have been living in igbo land for at least 6,000 BC, which is about 10,000–8,000 years ago. Do your own research and do the maths.
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by SEGLIZ: 8:09am On Jul 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Religious people always defend their religion even wen the evils of their religion stares them on the face.

Ur God thru ur bible also condones, supports and even wrote laws for slavery. Can anyone who believes in such a God be stable?

those are religious people like you said not men of faith. I don't pull religious strings but I profess what I believe in.
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by PlanckTime: 8:13am On Jul 08, 2019
DateMynd44:
how come our culture is the same with the Efiks and Ibibios? we even bear their names and understand their dialect

Afonja shot up and drop your 2face life, go and discuss that with your fellow zombie
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Psoul(m): 8:21am On Jul 08, 2019
XXLDICK:

My brother, you are very wrong. Go and do ur research very well. Stop coming here to spill what you don't know.
I am an Igbo man and I am very conversant with that name and I was fortunate to be explained to the meaning by a truthful very old man even when I was still a child.

In Igbo land, even before the whitemen invaded us, we, the Igbos recognizes two gods.

1. Chukwu Abiama

2. Chukwu mbibi

Let me explain them to u and all.

CHUKWU ABIAMA: Chukwu means God(god). Abiama is a dialectic pronunciation of the word OBIOMA (Kindhearted or merciful) by some ancient people of Old Bende origin.

Going by the two words, it means that that particular God is a MERCIFUL GOD or a KINDHEARTED GOD. So the name CHUKWU ABIAMA is used to denote the Heavenly God. The creator of the universe and the one most of us recognizes as the ALMIGHTY GOD.

CHUKWU MBIBI: You already know what Chukwu means. MBIBI means destruction or destructive; Combining the two words, you will have DESTRUCTIVE GOD. This name is used to describe any other god dat can cause any harm, destruction or the one u can invoke to kill or cause fear or harm to any person or to a community or a land.

My dear, wherever you get that you version of story, please tell the story teller that he/she is lying.

Thanks
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by CAPSLOCKED: 8:25am On Jul 08, 2019
XXLDICK:

SO HOW DO YOU (CHRISTIANS) BELIEVE THAT ADAM WAS THE FIRST MAN ON EARTH WHEN A LOT OF DOCUMENTS SHOW THAT HUMAN EXISTENCE PREDATES THE BIBLICAL CREATION STORY??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by derecho(m): 8:43am On Jul 08, 2019
Kikikiki..tomorrow someone will come and claim investigative journalist.
You don't know the meaning and a few unknown folks told you whatever ... And You deem it true?
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by derecho(m): 8:45am On Jul 08, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

SO HOW DO YOU (CHRISTIANS) BELIEVE THAT ADAM WAS THE FIRST MAN ON EARTH WHEN A LOT OF DOCUMENTS SHOW THAT HUMAN EXISTENCE PREDATES THE BIBLICAL CREATION STORY??
And when was the Adam you know created?
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by ebullient1986: 8:46am On Jul 08, 2019
XXLDICK:

Thunder will fire for trying to demonize Igbo linage. If you don't know origin chukwu okike Abiama please stop writing rubbish in the name of driving traffic.
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 08, 2019
Mr poster the full pronounciation is CHUKWU OKIKE IBIAMA

The god that reveals the truth never had OKIKE(creator in its name)

We don't even have such god

CHUKWU means chi ukwu( greatest god)

OKIKE means creation

ABIAMA means come close and know me(ABIA AMARA)

The names are called in different way

EZE CHUKWU OKIKE ABIAMA

EZECHITO OKIKE ABIAMA BY NSUKKA PEOPLE note they are not arochukwu

IGBOS HAVE NEVER ADDED CHUKWU (GREATEST OF ALL GODS) TO ANY OTHER LESSER GOD(CHI)

ABIAMA IS THE NAME THAT HAS DIFFERENT MEANINGS IN IGBO LAND AND NONE OF THESE MEANINGS MEANS (TRUTH)

So get your facts then come back and edit your post

AND AGAIN WHAT MADE YOU SURE THE NAME JESUS IS NOT A WHITE MANS DEIGHTY

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Clean2016: 8:51am On Jul 08, 2019
tstx:
Chukwu Abiama....

Just imagine for a second that we blacks came into knowledge first and then went as far as Europe to colonize the whites.

By now them for they worship Chukwu Abiama, Amadioha, Sango etc

And them for dey convinced say na our Gods na the true Gods because na we colonize them..

Lesson:

We are all victims of circumstances. You are a Christian today na because the woke white colonized your sleepy forefathers... You are a Muslim today na because your forefathers weren't strong enough to withstand Islamization.

Religion and language are nothing but tools in the arsenal of cultural identity
That's why we all speak the language of our colonial masters and also worship their gods/God's.

Spread love, not religion

God bless you
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by ebullient1986: 8:52am On Jul 08, 2019
chiedu7:
please share this today so that Christians can know that they have been led into idol worship
and must reject this so called chukwu okike abiama!

We never heard of this so called chukwu okike abiama, it only became known with IPOB
Sorry for your family linage because you are just a wasted sperm.
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by CAPSLOCKED: 8:59am On Jul 08, 2019
derecho:
And when was the Adam you know created?

LESS THAN 10,000 YEARS AGO, ACCORDING TO BIBLE.

DENTISTRY AND MEDICINE AS PRACTICED BY ANCIENT EGYPTIANS AND ITALIANS DATES BACK TO MORE THAN 20,000 YEARS AGO.

I CAME TO READ NEWS THIS MORNING, NOT ARGUE.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 08, 2019
JubrilBuhari:

Lol
Adam is like what? Less than 6 thousand years.
Nsukka is over 8 thousand years, Nri is over 10 years.
Odianani has been confirmed to be one of the oldest religion on earth.
Adam is definitely not the first man on earth.
Which means you guys are not Jews right?
cc: immhotep
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by acedsportsng: 9:18am On Jul 08, 2019
PlanckTime:

We predate Adam of the Bible because it's cock and bull story.

Homosapien is more than 300,000 years old

Shift.

Every cock and bull story has a bit of truth in them.

300,000 kini? You don't have to lie bro, I won't kill you
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by acedsportsng: 9:20am On Jul 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Looooooooooooool.

The bible is nothing but a religious book and not a historical document, how the Romans (The order of the Nicea) wrote the bible and rewrote portions of it several times for several centuries is a well document fact that isnt being argued anywhere.

If u want to prove that Adam existed, then show me any historical document that supports ur claim.

The Bible is also historical, check your facts. That you don't believe in it does not mean it is not what it is. I don't believe in the Bible also.

Show your own proof that the Igbo predates Adam. I want to learn.
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by acedsportsng: 9:22am On Jul 08, 2019
olawrites4:

According to the bible Adam is 7,000 years old. However, archeological evidence proves that people have been living in igbo land for at least 6,000 BC, which is about 10,000–8,000 years ago. Do your own research and do the maths.

The same thing I asked the other guy. Where's this proof of "archeological evidence" undecided

I want to learn bro. Just prove it with an extremely reliable source
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by derecho(m): 10:18am On Jul 08, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

LESS THAN 10,000 YEARS AGO, ACCORDING TO BIBLE.

DENTISTRY AND MEDICINE AS PRACTICED BY ANCIENT EGYPTIANS AND ITALIANS DATES BACK TO MORE THAN 20,000 YEARS AGO.

I CAME TO READ NEWS THIS MORNING, NOT ARGUE.
Great...kindly stick to reading the news and not commenting on things that you can't substantiate.
Adam,was the first man made...and that is not debatable.
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by PlanckTime: 10:51am On Jul 08, 2019
acedsportsng:

Shift.

Every cock and bull story has a bit of truth in them.

300,000 kini? You don't have to lie bro, I won't kill you

I know most of you Nigerians don't accept facts, you don't do research that's why your ignorant elders tell you stories of tortoise, roosters etc

Go and read and get informed.
The oldest human skull seen is around 300,000 years old.

Adam and eve story is cock and bull story.

As bad as Nigerian school system is, they won't still teach you Adam and eve stuff.
Stop hiding under religion to be ignorant, the world is leaving you behind.
Bro. you have to accept the reality

Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by BULLIONVAN4(m): 11:11am On Jul 08, 2019
DateMynd44:
Enugupikin is right. because they are wrongly zone to Abia state doesn't change the fact that Arochukwu people are proudly ibibios
Just exactly the way Anioma, Ika, the entire Asaba Ikwere, Enuani etc were wrongly zoned to River State Delta State respectively.
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by ohhippie(m): 11:21am On Jul 08, 2019
You got it wrong Mr poster.The phrase is generally used by the people of old Bende Division. And it means God of creation who does good
things.
CHUKWU OKIKE-God of Creation
ABIA AMAA - Comes good or Does good things.
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by acedsportsng: 11:25am On Jul 08, 2019
PlanckTime:

I know most of you Nigerians don't accept facts, you don't do research that's why your ignorant elders tell you stories of tortoise, roosters etc

Go and read and get informed.
The oldest human skull seen is around 300,000 years old.

Adam and eve story is cock and bull story.

As bad as Nigerian school system is, they won't still teach you Adam and eve stuff.
Stop hiding under religion to be ignorant, the world is leaving you behind.
Bro. you have to accept the reality

I'm not hiding under religion.

Okay, you win.

Back to my original argument... Where's proof that the Igbo predate Adam?
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by BULLIONVAN4(m): 11:28am On Jul 08, 2019
DateMynd44:
Which part in Arochukwu are you from?...,oh i pity some gullible Igbos who would believe anything afonja media published...,don't be surprised that one day, an afonja media will come and tell you that Ogbaru people are no longer igbos and you will see an afonja claiming to have originated from Ogbaru telling you how they dont see themselves as igbos because something good may have come out of that area. they think they have succeded with river and delta states and now Abia's arochukwu(God's Aro) of all the places in Abia, soon they will enter imo to anambra. i hail una the afonja media.
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by PlanckTime: 11:33am On Jul 08, 2019
acedsportsng:

I'm not hiding under religion.

Okay, you win.

Back to my original argument... Where's proof that the Igbo predate Adam?

Adam didn't exist
Re: The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama by acedsportsng: 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2019
PlanckTime:

Adam didn't exist

How do you know that? For sure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Redeemed Church Pastor In A N9mn Fraud Mess (Photos) / Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Donates Medical Equipments To Hospitals / "God Is About To Shake The World With Oyakhilome" - Benny Hinn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.