Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Here Is This The Truth About Tithe That Pastors Won't Tell You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here Is This The Truth About Tithe That Pastors Won't Tell You (424 Views)

Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Here Is This The Truth About Tithe That Pastors Won't Tell You (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here Is This The Truth About Tithe That Pastors Won't Tell You by Newbeginnings(m): 1:40pm On Apr 08, 2018
Recently I made an interesting discovery, that one day I am going to die, that I am going to leave this world and all there is and that I am either going to go back to the dust in an eternal sleep (forever), according to the atheists and I will cease to exist or I will go to heaven and meet my maker according to Christians.

So I rushed back to the Bible and something lead to another, I came across this tithing issue... I looked through the Old Testament and saw something very interesting.

Deuteronomy 14:22
"You must set aside a tithe of your crops - one-tenth of all the crops you harvest each year."

I don't know why people pay their tithe every month when it clearly states that it should be paid yearly, but that is not what I want you to focus on

Deuteronomy 14:23
"Bring this tithe to the designated place of worship - the place the Lord your God chooses for his name to be honored - and eat it there in his presence. This applies to your tithes of grain, new wine, olive oil, and the firstborn males of your flocks and herds. Doing this will teach you always to fear the Lord your God"

This part tells us to bring our tithe to the house of the Lord (the church) and for us to eat our tithe. Mark those words, it never said we should submit our tithe for the welfare of the church or the welfare of the pastors, it said we should eat it for our own selves.

Now, what about if our tithe are not grains or livestock but money.... here is what the Lord has to say about that.

Deuteronomy 14: 24-26
Verse 24
"Now when the Lord your God blesses you with a good harvest, the place of worship he chooses for his name to be honored might be too far for you to bring the tithe."

Verse 25
"If so, you may sell the tithe portion of your crops and herds, put the money in a pouch, and go to the place the Lord your God has chosen"

Verse 26
"When you arrive, you may use the money to buy any kind of you want - cattle, sheep, goats, wine or other alcoholic drink. Then feast there in the presence of the Lord your God and celebrate with your household."

Once again the Lord asks us to eat our tithe and not to give it to the church, he asks us to bring it to the church every year and feast and not to give it to our pastors.

If you read from Verse 28 - 29

You will see where the Lord talks about giving to the Levites (the pastors), according to the bible, they are not supposed to own lands or private jets or businesses, the Lord provides for them, by asking us to give the entire tithe of the third year to the Levites, widows, orphans and so on...

So according to the Bible, the tithe of the third year belongs to the Pastors, widows, orphans and possibly the welfare of the church.

Now you might say there is nothing wrong with paying tithe monthly or paying it whenever you want. That all that matters is the fact that you pay with your whole heart and give willingly.

Let's look at what the book of revelations talks about adding or subtracting from the word of God.

Revelations 22:18-19
Verse 18
"And I solemnly declare to everyone who hears the words of prophecy written in the book. If anyone adds anything to what is written here. God will add to that person the plagues described in this book"

Verse 19
"And if anyone removes any of the words from this book of prophecy, God will remove that person's share in the tree of life and in the holy city that is described in this book"

So I wonder why people no longer follow the word of God but follow what their pastors tell them. Or is God now too small, far and invisible for you to obey him and you prefer the pastor you see and touch?

I think Christians should start reading their bible more these days. Your tithe was never meant to be used as salaries for the pastors or help them build houses or build more churches, no God has his own plan and it doesn't matter what you think you know. God wants you to enjoy your tithe in the place of worship, he wants you to eat it...

I wonder why fear make many Christians disobey God in every way possible.

cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

If You Are A Female Here And You Are Experiencing Sexual Harassment Come In / "Pastor Kissed My joystick After Telling Me To Pull Down My Boxers"---victim / On A London Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.