Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,911 members, 7,806,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. (21255 Views)

Akeredolu Hires Pro-govt Students To Counter Protests Over AAUA Tuition Hike / AAUA Tuition Fee Increased To 200k / Gov. Akeredolu Of Ondo State Wants To Increase AAUA Tuition Fee By 800% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by sharpwriter(m): 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
kennygee:
All these on a Minimum wage of 18,000.

Moju smiley smiley wink
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by xtivin(m): 1:27pm On Apr 09, 2018
Acidosis:
Although I don't support the sporadic hike in fees, but let's face the truth. N180k isn't too much for a Degree. I am sure these protesting students all use phones that cost more than N30k. Haba, 30k can't even buy a poor quality mid-range Tecno phone yet we all want to get Shell jobs and other international worthy jobs by receiving a 30k education. Same education some Nigerians spend N4m to obtain in the UK?

Even in countries where the government offer tuition free education, you still can't attend if 30k is all you've got.

However like I said, the sporadic hike is totally uncalled for. A steady rise, maybe from 30k to 45k, to 50k, 75k etc. would have made some impact.
180k is not much for degree, what are you saying sir?...civil servants that their salary ain't regular and many has about 4 children in that school how do they cope?, apart from school fees there is other things to still buy in school. Please let's be sensitive to others even though we are not in their shoes. A government that increase tuition without increasing wage is wicked. If I have any of my child there, I better withdraw the child and send him/her abroad to study with that money and even secure a better future

3 Likes

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Acidosis(m): 1:41pm On Apr 09, 2018
xtivin:

180k is not much for degree, what are you saying sir?...civil servants that their salary ain't regular and many has about 4 children in that school how do they cope?, apart from school fees there is other things to still buy in school. Please let's be sensitive to others even though we are not in their shoes. A government that increase tuition without increasing wage is wicked. If I have any of my child there, I better withdraw the child and send him/her abroad to study with that money and even secure a better future

You can't study abroad with N180k, not even in Ghana or Benin Republic.

A lot of students studying abroad can't afford the fees too. Lots survive by doing extra jobs on/off campus while studying. Yet we can't call the government insensitive.

All I've said is that 180k is not too much for a degree especially if the government promises to increase the quality of education students receive on campus. My advise to the government is to allow the current students maintain the old fees while fee increment can be enforced on incoming students.
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Oyebee91(m): 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
Malawian:

You mean upon how prosperous the SW is, you cant pay just 180k for school fees? Ordinary 600 Naira per day? how much do you guys use to play Lotto and Baba Ijebu per day?let alone Shayo.
were no sabi maths!!thats 18K a month

2 Likes

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Israeljones(m): 2:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
Acidosis:

You can't study abroad with N180k, not even in Ghana or Benin Republic.

A lot of students studying abroad can't afford the fees too. Lots survive by doing extra jobs on/off campus while studying. Yet we can't call the government insensitive.

All I've said is that 180k is not too much for a degree especially if the government promises to increase the quality of education students receive on campus. My advise to the government is to allow the current students maintain the old fees while fee increment can be enforced on incoming students.
i dont know why people like this think so little.... u r comparing schools in countries where the school fees had been on the high since the school inception to a school where some ill thinking ediots wake up one morning to impose a sudden increase and where a low income earners sees as a opportunity for their children to acquire a degree....
but ur sense did not tell u that there r other schools already in Nigerian where huge sum r been paid already....... even the ghana and Benin u mentioned already,, there r still some universities there where the school fees is below 50k.....

Are you thinking at all..... couple with the extra ordinary hardship imposed on the people,, you still think a sudden 500% increase in school is ideal...
your thinking faculty is lopsided you av no one to tell

3 Likes

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by orumba(m): 2:01pm On Apr 09, 2018
APC must go
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Jamesrock(m): 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2018
Malawian:

You mean upon how prosperous the SW is, you cant pay just 180k for school fees? Ordinary 600 Naira per day? how much do you guys use to play Lotto and Baba Ijebu per day?let alone Shayo.

I don't blame you that's why I said that God will punish you
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by BigboysZ(m): 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
This are some of the pictures of the protest across the country

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by kkboy(m): 2:40pm On Apr 09, 2018
30k to 180k is that per term, semester or a session??

For God's sake, Nigerians should wake-up to the reality that education is not cheap.

How do you justify a student who cliams he/she cannot afford 180k as school fees for a year but can proudly buy and display a handset of 150k.
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Israeljones(m): 2:44pm On Apr 09, 2018
kkboy:

For God's sake, Nigerians should wake-up to the reality that education is not cheap.

How do you justify a student who cliams he/she cannot afford 180k as school fees for a year but can proudly buy and display a handset of 150k.

like i said already.. since your grandfather and father is soooo rich... You can also help the governement increase the minimum wage since education is not cheap...
ur papa dey learn

1 Like

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by kennymartinz(m): 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
All this useless leaders benefited from chief Awolowo free education oooh. Only God knows what democracry really means to Nigerians. And there papa still dey talk about second term. Anyway God that dethrone Abacha from Aso rock would also dethrone Buhari come 2019, very uselss party.[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Malawian(m): 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
Oyebee91:
were no sabi maths!!thats 18K a month
how much per day? chike obi
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Jamesrock(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2018
kkboy:

Idiot, keep shut...

Nairaland knows you're senseless, so don't exhibit it

1 Like

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Skmoda360(m): 2:53pm On Apr 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Education has always been for the rich.
Life is simple, if you can't afford it, drop out instead of disturbing the peace and constituting a nuisance.

Back in the days, as a student the first thing you are taught in school is this song.

"Akwukwo na a-to uto,
O na-ara ahu na nmuta,
Onye nwere nkasi obi,
O ga-amuta akwukwo...

Oburu kwa na nne na nna ya nwere ego,
Oburu kwa na NNE na nna ya nwere ego!!"
you are right my bro...let em ask em in kwasu and uniosun and the new unimed in ondo city, ondo state. cool
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Life is simple, if you can't afford it, drop out instead of disturbing the peace and constituting a nuisance.

Back in the days, as a student the first thing you are taught in school is this song.

"Akwukwo na a-to uto,
O na-ara ahu na nmuta,
Onye nwere nkasi obi,
O ga-amuta akwukwo...

you are right my bro...let em ask em in kwasu and uniosun and the new unimed in ondo city, ondo state.
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by mhizdessy(f): 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
how many state universities are paying 30k as school fees?none. how is d school n government going to fund d school?
they we b d same set of people protesting they don't have facilities blah blah blah...
AAU has been paying 30k all this while for the past how many years,haba even some primary schools n federal universities pay more than that..... they are complaining of 30k they should ask other state school in d country even polytechnic owo pay more than 60k talk more of a state uni...those that we pay will still pay.
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Acidosis(m): 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2018
Israeljones:

i dont know why people like this think so little.... u r comparing schools in countries where the school fees had been on the high since the school inception to a school where some ill thinking ediots wake up one morning to impose a sudden increase and where a low income earners sees as a opportunity for their children to acquire a degree....
but ur sense did not tell u that there r other schools already in Nigerian where huge sum r been paid already....... even the ghana and Benin u mentioned already,, there r still some universities there where the school fees is below 50k.....

Are you thinking at all..... couple with the extra ordinary hardship imposed on the people,, you still think a sudden 500% increase in school is ideal...
your thinking faculty is lopsided you av no one to tell

Why won't Akeredolu increase the fees when majority of you received cheap and worthless education. Go back to the post you quoted, and ensure you read it properly. Read it this time like you're learning how to pronounce A - B - C - D...
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by BigboysZ(m): 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2018
Cheap and worthless? Deluded empty skul. lol
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Oxygentayo(m): 4:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
Dats too bad anyway......I pray their request is heard
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by eniorisha(m): 4:29pm On Apr 09, 2018
AZeD1:
We can either have cheap schools or good schools.

Good and cheap is not possible in Nigeria. At least for the foreseeable future.

Let's be more reasonable, pls. U av a point I understand. However, what's d essence of educationally trapping d poor ones among the students? Many won't even dream of a university edu if d money were already 180k b4 they sought admission to d sch.

I share d quest for tertiary edu fees to increase to boost d quality but not this way. What I feel govt at both Fed & states shld do is to project or postdate d increase to like 2020. This will enable those who're trapped now like 300L & 400L students to round off. Then from 2020, new fees regime will then kick off.

I agree DT academic degree not meant for everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by BigboysZ(m): 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2018
Amazing one from you comrade.That's how it ought to be not this evil skyrocket in the tuition fee by Arakunrin Akeredolu.
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by maxiuc(m): 5:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
itsede:
what was his deal over there?
so sorry bro this days nobody cares about how you made the money
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by jakD: 5:49pm On Apr 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

"Akwukwo na a-to uto,
O na-ara ahu na nmuta,
Onye nwere nkasi obi,
O ga-amuta akwukwo...

You seem to be enjoying your stupidity now, you may be fortunate not to enjoy the reward of your stupidity at your early stage but surely you'll enjoy the consequences later in your old age and surely your children will reap from your stupidity too. Keep it up!
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Jamesrock(m): 6:26pm On Apr 09, 2018
mhizdessy:
how many state universities are paying 30k as school fees?none. how is d school n government going to fund d school?
they we b d same set of people protesting they don't have facilities blah blah blah...
AAU has been paying 30k all this while for the past how many years,haba even some primary schools n federal universities pay more than that..... they are complaining of 30k they should ask other state school in d country even polytechnic owo pay more than 60k talk more of a state uni...those that we pay will still pay.

in case u don't know, you've just said non sense

1 Like

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Israeljones(m): 6:37pm On Apr 09, 2018
Acidosis:

Why won't Akeredolu increase the fees when majority of you received cheap and worthless education. Go back to the post you quoted, and ensure you read it properly. Read it this time like you're learning how to pronounce A - B - C - D...

1 Like

Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Charly68: 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2018
Aketi has gone broke in Ondo
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by sallazlee(m): 7:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
jaychubi:
180k is still cheap

Most good nursery and primary schools in Nigeria pay more than that

They shld make it 250k for quality education, education is not for everyone d rest shld learn hand work
brain fall for ur head, better go and wash ur brain with sunlight detergent
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Sagay212: 7:30pm On Apr 09, 2018
useless government. they will waste money building useless projects like bus terminal and malls..but they will not invest in the education of the people that will use the structures they are building. this is what happens when people continue to support mediocrity by hailing useless politicians
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by Tonymic4life(m): 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2018
kkboy:

U no get sense! Sorry to say, u r just ignorant!
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by mikolo80: 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2018
ZarahBuhari:
Lol! And some young lads would wake up from nowhere creating threads comparing Nigerian universities with other international universities.

The truth is that: Nigerians don't really know what they want
they do
free stuff
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by mikolo80: 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2018
elitejosef:

If u think this guy lost his sense click like, if U think otherwise click share

so painful someone still talk like this in this 21st century.

you prefer politicians deceiving you abi in 21st century

If you can’t afford your state education what else can u afford?
A private Uni?

go and lear a fckin trade or skill
na by force to go school go learn wetin society no demand

I only pray your cry is heard, don’t give up on your protest
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by mikolo80: 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2018
mattbass:
Is been long since the education sector has been neglected.... Now education is for the rich and the wealthy alone. They deprive us of social amenities now they want to do same to education. So pathetic........
you deprived yourselves
they just doing what you want
Re: Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. by jaychubi: 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2018
sallazlee:
brain fall for ur head, better go and wash ur brain with sunlight detergent

Go n learn hand work sch is not for everyone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Azikiwe-Nkrumah Hall Is The Oldest Building In Lincoln University, USA (Pic) / Students Of Creek Senior High School, Apapa Heading into a Street Fight (Video) / Atiba University, Oyo Takes Off With 36 Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.