Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

This Country Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Country Nigeria (438 Views)

Nigerians Have Zero Clue What Is Happening In This Country / Whoever Arrange This Can Make This Country Work (pix) / What Do Nigerians Benefit As A Citizen Of The Country Nigeria ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Country Nigeria by Horlorlardaey: 11:21am On Apr 09, 2018
In the year 1918, British colonial masters amalgamated the southern and northern protectorates. Different tribes with different thought, values, opinions and suggestions were made to come together; a nation was built out of the rumbles.
Progressively, the people would not allow the foreigners to rule them again, agitations started and some distinctive group of people stood up against our very white colonial masters.
October 1st, 1960 was an indelible day in the mind of all and sundry, Nigeria gained her independence, she broke free from her colonial masters, she became a self – governing nation, she could conduct her own elections and choose her leaders by herself.
But did Nigeria really become independent?
I think the answer on the mind of every citizen should be “No”. We did not break free from bribery & corruption, our leaders aren’t who we think they are, kidnapping, social violence and nepotism seems to be the order of the day, a once giant of Africa now sitting comfortably among the economically redundant countries.
Our economic condition seems stagnant, we’re gradually leaving behind our agricultural prowess, the health sector is degrading and quality of health services being offered is meager compared to the number of citizens in need. The financial sector couldn’t make appropriate budget and we kept on running into budget deficit almost every year.
No sane Nigerian would compare the Nigeria of today with that of the 1960’s and not see the unimaginable changes that has happened.
This country Nigeria, is it the Nigeria we want? Is this the Nigeria we need? Is this the Nigeria we deserve?
A country with 182 million people and over 356 tribes would definitely have her challenges.
In this country Nigeria, over 52% of her citizens are youth between the ages of 18 to 40.
Major tribes in Nigeria are Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo
The Yoruba’s sits at the western part of the country, with the Hausa’s and Fulani’s at the North. Our Igbo brothers occupy most of the southern part of Nigeria.
Majority of her citizens practices Christianity, Islam or traditional worshipping of gods.
Different days of the week are subjected to worshipping, even some important days are inculcated and declared “public holiday”
What we lack in governance, God gave to us in terms of culture and geographical abundance, different festivals and natural tourist attractions abounds Nigeria. Even though we haven’t been able to fully exploit our tourist attractions, we still could garner tourists to visit our country.
Language shouldn’t be a barrier to somersaulting Nigeria into greater heights, our cultural heritage and social values shouldn’t be the hindrance to our economic and financial growth.
In this country Nigeria, we need divine intervention to prosper, we need to start electing those who really care about the government, we need to raise our youth to world standard, reinvigorate our educational system, and we need to stop racial segregation and channeling of our resources into the right way.

About Me: Horlorlardaey is a prolific student writer, who loves delivering thoughtful and unique write-ups. You can contact me via; horlorlardaeyedun@gmail.com or +2349063957289.

1 Like

Re: This Country Nigeria by Obainoneandonly(m): 11:56am On Apr 09, 2018
me,have since stopped praying for Nigeria. I only pray for myself, for all am concern,Nigeria is s shithole

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Country Nigeria by Horlorlardaey: 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
me,have since stopped praying for Nigeria. I only pray for myself, for all am concern,Nigeria is s shithole
hmm..

(1) (Reply)

Why I Am Contesting In 2019 - President Buhari / A Brief Recap Of What Happened In Nass (senate) Re: Sen. Omo-agege /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.