Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,211 members, 7,807,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly (17897 Views)

My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution / 5 Things You Didn't Know That Drains Your Phone Battery / My New Infinix Hot 5 Battery Drains Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by NaijaTechGuy(m): 3:36am On Apr 10, 2018
@NaijaTechGuy

Battery life is definitely one of the factors all of us consider before buying any smartphone. I can't imagine using a device with 2000mah or less...(in 2018).. Heaven forbids it.
Depending on how you use your phone, an average smartphone battery usually lasts 8-9 hours but a lot of things can actually drain your battery very quickly.

1.Bright Screen

This is the number one reason why smartphone’s battery nowadays doesn’t last long. If you set your screen brightness too high, then you are actually killing your smartphone’s battery unknowingly.
Turn your screen brightness to the minimum or set it to automatic mode. This will probably help you save some precious battery power and save your poor eyes from strain.

2.Wi-Fi

If your phone is constantly searching for available WiFi networks then it can use up a lot of power. If you don’t need a WiFi network then simply turn it off.

3.Background Apps
Apps running in the background can drain your battery in no time. Make you check the settings menu and disable all the running apps.

4.Battery Management Apps
There are many applications available on Play Store that claim to increase the battery life of Android Phones. However, these apps will not do any good to your battery because it increases the load on the smartphone and forces the device to use more battery power.

5.Outdated Operating System
Every new OS released by smartphone manufacturers usually bring new fixes to the smartphone. Sometimes, updates bring bug fixes that can resolve the battery drain issue. For example, if you are running Android Lollipop, then there are high chances that your Android battery will drain much faster compared to Marshmallow or Nougat. So, if you are running an older version of an Operating system, make sure to update it as soon as possible.

6.Notifications
Notifications aren't bad but if your phone constantly vibrates during notifications this can drain your battery.You can simply turn off vibrations and save your battery.
7.Overusing GPS apps
If you're constantly looking things up in Google Maps, then you ought to know that you’re actually giving an app permission to track your location.
We all need the GPS service on our smartphone, but make sure that you aren’t overusing them. Make sure you close the GPS service when you don’t need them

8.Heavy Gaming
If you choose to play all these resource hogging games all the time, you may end up draining your phone’s battery life a lot more quickly.
The best option is to avoid playing games for long periods of time.

9.Hardware problem
If you have already checked all the other steps and you're still struggling to fix the battery drain problem. Then your phone might have a hardware issue. You can take the phone to a professional technician to fix the phone.

10.Damaged Battery
If your device is a couple of years old or more, then the most obvious reason behind battery draining is a damaged battery. It's the sad truth that your phone’s battery might be simply dying a natural death. Smartphone manufacturers often say that a battery should perform well for up to 1000 charges, however, it depends on many factors. So, the best option is to visit the nearest service center for physical inspection of the battery.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by NaijaTechGuy(m): 3:37am On Apr 10, 2018
Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by Blizzy9ja: 4:02am On Apr 10, 2018
Nice read... At least away from the bad news every where

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by KushyKush: 7:07am On Apr 10, 2018
Bad charger!

That is one of the basic reasons for short battery life.

14 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by Germandude: 7:09am On Apr 10, 2018
Just quickly set my fone on auto mode now cos d light is too bright.nor wan blind at 32.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by Johnbosco77(m): 7:09am On Apr 10, 2018
This one na for smartphone users...

Me still using my NOKIA 3310 ...

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by Adedayo97(m): 7:09am On Apr 10, 2018
thanks so much
Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by Whothecapfits: 7:11am On Apr 10, 2018
what of long period of use

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by Crixina(f): 7:11am On Apr 10, 2018
Informative

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by ELgordo(m): 7:11am On Apr 10, 2018
Ovoko

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by QueenDeborah(f): 7:12am On Apr 10, 2018
And avoid playing SHADOW FIGHT 3....this game can bring down your 100% charged battery to 2% under 40mins.... If u like Have a 5000mAh battery. The game go make your phone hot pass the forehead of person wey get fever.

12 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by fourhayz: 7:14am On Apr 10, 2018
grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by yomibelle(f): 7:16am On Apr 10, 2018
QueenDeborah:
And avoid playing SHADOW FIGHT 3....this game can bring down your 100% charged battery to 2% under 40mins.... If u like Have a 5000mAh battery. The game go make your phone hot pass the forehead of person wey get fever.

or Ronaldo's Kick n Run...d game dey auto start sef

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by Nat2008(m): 7:18am On Apr 10, 2018
Johnbosco77:

Bros, how you manage comment here

8 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by Timagex(m): 7:19am On Apr 10, 2018
The only time my battery lasts is when i don't have data cool

6 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by GOOOGLE504(m): 7:20am On Apr 10, 2018
Whu sabi d meanin of mAh
Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by QueenDeborah(f): 7:22am On Apr 10, 2018
yomibelle:

or Ronaldo's Kick n Run...d game dey auto start sef
LOL autostart, i dey quickly delete autostart games when i find out. By d way why any game go autostart? D tin wan play itself?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by QueenDeborah(f): 7:25am On Apr 10, 2018
Johnbosco77:

how come u are commenting on a thread on Nairaland with dis ancient phone?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by amjustme2: 7:30am On Apr 10, 2018
On point!

Screen contributes sometimes upto 40% battery use per charge. If one can manage screen lighting and use, your battery will last longer!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by bettercreature(m): 7:33am On Apr 10, 2018
You are wrong about that Number 5. Apple normally use new update to destroy their old products and most company are doing it as well
Don't update your phone if you really want to enjoy it

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by Ojuororun(m): 7:36am On Apr 10, 2018
Johnbosco77:

grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by pascalbenz: 7:36am On Apr 10, 2018
KushyKush:
Bad charger!

That is one of the basic reasons for short battery life.
.:.......baba your head get oil
Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by Dubrable: 7:36am On Apr 10, 2018
No use i pass my neighbor to charge
No charge through laptop

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by Inspire01: 7:40am On Apr 10, 2018
Always repeating the same shit
Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by Kingcesar: 7:45am On Apr 10, 2018
Remove Facebook app from your phone and thank me later smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by ipobarecriminals: 7:47am On Apr 10, 2018
sad Aba made battery..The type wey dey jump from 0 to 100 in 1 minute

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by agarawu23(m): 7:48am On Apr 10, 2018
Heavy browsing like me grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by Sarang(f): 7:50am On Apr 10, 2018
Mine does cry

Please see my signature
Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by FrenchWay: 7:50am On Apr 10, 2018
I dey Paris.
We get light always. If e drain, I charge am grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly by stano2(m): 7:58am On Apr 10, 2018
My guys always leave their WiFi on, looking 4 free hotspot to suck from

If those guys catch ur hotspot. You are finished

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Four Most Exciting Features Of Android Q / Mtn's 125% And 150%Recharge Bonus Is Fake. Try It At Your Own Risk / Itel Surprises Longtime Customers With Car Rewards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.