Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Help With Sludge... - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With Sludge... (7176 Views)

Of Sludge, Wrecked Lower Bearings And Other Inconveniences / Oil Sludge / Detailed Explanation On Car Engine Sludge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 11:17am On Apr 11, 2018
Inception:
perfect recipe for a creamy tasty sludge grin
so my oga person must try dey travel once in a while to prevent sludge?
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2018
inception Gazzuzz... inline with the discussion, pls how do short journies result in sludge build up?
2. what suggestions do you have for a person who doesnt do long distance drives?
Re: Help With Sludge... by ironheart(m): 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2018
True story

When it was obvious i needed a vehicle to move from point A to B, I bought a toyota corona/avensis, car came with 2.0 3SFE engine. Kazeem spoilt it while changing head gasket so i have less to lose. so while racing on kd road, i killed the engine racing a more powerful car than mine.

Sourced for a good 3SFE but couldnt get a direct one for that year.. Had to be more adventurous, i installed a 5SFE with a 5S ECU. I took my time to match the wiring harness of a 3S to a 5S engine and ECU

New engine runs poorly, low Mile per gallon due to defective MAP sensor and sludge in the engine. Change the MAP sensor.

To clean the sludge, I bought 2 liter of KEROSENE removed 1ltr of engine oil from the engine.

Poured the kerosene in the engine and run it for 10min.

Removed the whole oil and changed the filter. put in new oil and new filter, Then for safety reason to avoid leaking seals due to kerosene (from childhood i know the effect of kerosene on rubber) i put some oil treatment.

Bought new PCv (positive crank case ventilator/valve and installed) To help vent the crankcase and prevent sludge buildup.

Engine runs fine, smooth and its fuel efficient. I get close to 700km on a single tank of fuel right now.

1 Like

Re: Help With Sludge... by erico2k2(m): 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2018
OgaKazeem:
inception Gazzuzz... inline with the discussion, pls how do short journies result in sludge build up?
2. what suggestions do you have for a person who doesnt do long distance drives?
Cos your engine will not reach ultimate temperature .
Re: Help With Sludge... by thebigkendo(m): 5:12pm On Apr 11, 2018
erico2k2:

Especially when thermostat has been "deleted" and cooling fans running continiously
Re: Help With Sludge... by seunoresco: 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2018
sooperrescue:
Use engine flush. It will remove the sludge and then use 5w30 SJ engine oil. Look for it and if you cant get it, upgrade to API SN 5w30. Gazzuzz will still chop for the money as he will sell you the oil. If he is still doing shakara, get in touch with me and I will buy it from him and add my commission. I sell good engine flush too. One from Holts UK. It looks like engine oil but very good and the other is from the US, Jensen, big and very powerful. They all work for 5 mins and you are good to go

Bros thanks. Will need ur contact #, WhatsApp # preferable. Thanks
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 6:15pm On Apr 11, 2018
ironheart:
True story

When it was obvious i needed a vehicle to move from point A to B, I bought a toyota corona/avensis, car came with 2.0 3SFE engine. Kazeem spoilt it while changing head gasket so i have less to lose. so while racing on kd road, i killed the engine racing a more powerful car than mine.

Sourced for a good 3SFE but couldnt get a direct one for that year.. Had to be more adventurous, i installed a 5SFE with a 5S ECU. I took my time to match the wiring harness of a 3S to a 5S engine and ECU

New engine runs poorly, low Mile per gallon due to defective MAP sensor and sludge in the engine. Change the MAP sensor.

To clean the sludge, I bought 2 liter of KEROSENE removed 1ltr of engine oil from the engine.

Poured the kerosene in the engine and run it for 10min.

Removed the whole oil and changed the filter. put in new oil and new filter, Then for safety reason to avoid leaking seals due to kerosene (from childhood i know the effect of kerosene on rubber) i put some oil treatment.

Bought new PCv (positive crank case ventilator/valve and installed) To help vent the crankcase and prevent sludge buildup.

Engine runs fine, smooth and its fuel efficient. I get close to 700km on a single tank of fuel right now.

hmmmm.... pls wat "oil treatment" did U use?
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
erico2k2:
ok this makes sense
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

Especially when thermostat has been "deleted" and cooling fans running continiously

bt in this case d thermostat is still there and fan runs on factory...
wen I open bonnet sef bros dt thing dey hot abeg
Re: Help With Sludge... by AutoElectNG: 8:38pm On Apr 11, 2018
OgaKazeem:

1. thermostat present. i put it back wen mumu mechanic comot am.
2. cooling fan running on default factory settings.
3. short distance (city driving) no travels. max of 20km daily...

could all these have caused it?

Then if I were you I would find a reason to go on a long journey of at least 250km round trip (preferably more )and beat the hell out of that Camry at least once a month

Short journeys are deadly for that engine
Re: Help With Sludge... by Jazzlite: 8:49pm On Apr 11, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Then if I were you I would find a reason to go on a long journey of at least 250km round trip (preferably more )and beat the hell out of that Camry at least once a month

I have such a problem... And now I used an engine flush... But the sludge is still thick at the upper ends... I have refilled with 20_50 and I am about to embark on a 300km journey... What do you advise? Should I use diesel flush....
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 9:14pm On Apr 11, 2018
Jazzlite:

I have such a problem... And now I used an engine flush... But the sludge is still thick at the upper ends... I have refilled with 20_50 and I am about to embark on a 300km journey... What do you advise? Should I use diesel flush....
bro pls kindly provide d information about the car in question.
vehicle model
service history
mileage
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 9:15pm On Apr 11, 2018
AutoElectNG:

hmmmmm ... alright bro. thanks.
Re: Help With Sludge... by ironheart(m): 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2018
OgaKazeem:

hmmmm.... pls wat "oil treatment" did U use?
abro.

If you wish to go my route, make sure you put an eye on your oil pressure light. Do not exceed 10min of idle. I did not go more than 7min. Then open the drain hole to drain the oil. You will be shocked the amount of black oil that will come out of your engine.
Re: Help With Sludge... by Jazzlite: 9:49pm On Apr 11, 2018
OgaKazeem:

bro pls kindly provide d information about the car in question.
vehicle model
service history
mileage
Oga stay one lane. You sef dey ask questions... LOL swerve! Na one shoe we dey wear.
Re: Help With Sludge... by Jazzlite: 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2018
ironheart:
abro.

If you wish to go my route, make sure you put an eye on your oil pressure light. Do not exceed 10min of idle. I did not go more than 7min. Then open the drain hole to drain the oil. You will be shocked the amount of black oil that will come out of your engine.
You should have simply used diesel fuel.
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2018
Jazzlite:

Oga stay one lane. You sef dey ask questions... LOL swerve! Na one shoe we dey wear.

i dey try epp U so wen dem profs come dem go kno abt d motor n provide help straight.
U dey dere dey yarn swerve... kuku go open ur thread na...
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 9:57pm On Apr 11, 2018
Jazzlite:
see person wey get issue dey form boss lwkmd.. beta wear ur shoe and line up hehehehe
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2018
ironheart:
abro.

chai I really hope person can get original.
d way wey fake abro don full market ehn... even if I see original sef I no go biliv
Re: Help With Sludge... by AutoElectNG: 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2018
Jazzlite:

Which vehicle?
Re: Help With Sludge... by AutoElectNG: 10:22pm On Apr 11, 2018
Jazzlite:

Which vehicle? What engine?
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 10:56pm On Apr 11, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Which vehicle? What engine?
bros.. no kind dt guy. wen I tell am make e drop details e dey form Rambo...
Re: Help With Sludge... by ironheart(m): 6:42am On Apr 12, 2018
Jazzlite:

yea but in my personal opinion, i think kerosene evaporate quicker than diesel. So i went with kerosene to avoid a quick oil change. My thinking might be wrong but its been two months i have been running that engine without any issue. If i am to do that again, i will use a mix of ATF and engine oil. Right now my internal is clean so i do not need diesel or kero anymore
Re: Help With Sludge... by ironheart(m): 6:44am On Apr 12, 2018
OgaKazeem:

d way wey fake abro don full market ehn... even if I see original sef I no go biliv
bros i tire o. We just have to take the risk. How are we sure other mix we have in the market are genuine?
Re: Help With Sludge... by AutoElectNG: 7:24am On Apr 12, 2018
ironheart:
abro.

Bolded is very excellent advice.
Re: Help With Sludge... by Jazzlite: 7:36am On Apr 12, 2018
OgaKazeem:

Go for Liquimolly Engine flush.... Thank me later.
Re: Help With Sludge... by diportivo: 7:48am On Apr 12, 2018
OgaKazeem:

see person wey get issue dey form boss
lwkmd.. beta wear ur shoe and line up
hehehehe

Mr Tunde no get motor

no let am dey bohboh u for here

if he get,e for don mention am as u ask dat ur simple question

instead,he started yarning dust grin

that's his way bro
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 8:34am On Apr 12, 2018
Jazzlite:

Go for Liquimolly Engine flush.... Thank me later.

Oga nob U dey face wahala with same issue?
Chai .. nigga U mumu gan o. U get problem U dey ask abt diesel flush... Now U dey offer advice...
Ogbeni koshi e lo
Ode buruku. No stain my thread. M tryna learn smthing and experiment here...
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 8:45am On Apr 12, 2018
ironheart:
yea but in my personal opinion, i think kerosene evaporate quicker than diesel. So i went with kerosene to avoid a quick oil change. My thinking might be wrong but its been two months i have been running that engine without any issue. If i am to do that again, i will use a mix of ATF and engine oil. Right now my internal is clean so i do not need diesel or kero anymore

If Kerosene.. wats d quantity of Kerosene to the engine oil.
If diesel whats the quantity of diesel to engine oil?
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 8:46am On Apr 12, 2018
diportivo:

Mr Tunde no get motor

no let am dey bohboh u for here

if he get,e for don mention am as u ask dat ur simple question

instead,he started yarning dust grin

that's his way bro

Walai e pain me say na mumu i dey try epp...
Re: Help With Sludge... by OgaKazeem(m): 8:47am On Apr 12, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Bolded is very excellent advice.
Tnx boss will surely note that
Pls do U av details of d enquiry above?
Re: Help With Sludge... by AutoElectNG: 9:10am On Apr 12, 2018
OgaKazeem:

Tnx boss will surely note that
Pls do U av details of d enquiry above?

What enquiry?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Reliable Are Bmws / 9 Warning Signs Your Car's Oil & Lubricant Might Be Leaking / How To Use 1999 Camry Cruise Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.