Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,004 members, 7,806,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Accord 03 Idle Body - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Accord 03 Idle Body (2131 Views)

Honda Accord 03. 600k. No Ac Unit. / Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 03-08 And Honda Pilot 03-06 / HONDA ACCORD 03-07 Ruptured Heater Core. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accord 03 Idle Body by pitastephen: 6:33pm On Apr 10, 2018
Hello Guys,

I notice the idle body of my wife's Honda accord 03 is partly close. Car doesn't idle well, it get worst when the Ac is ON

Pls kindly advice.

1 Share

Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by sooperrescue(m): 7:12pm On Apr 10, 2018
Adjust the sensor close to the Throttle mouth with a screwdriver with the engine and ac on. Once it stabilizes, tighten the screws and the car will be ok
Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by pitastephen: 7:46pm On Apr 10, 2018
sooperrescue:
Adjust the sensor close to the Throttle mouth with a screwdriver with the engine and ac on. Once it stabilizes, tighten the screws and the car will be ok

Thanks for the advice, pls kindly advice name of sensor as I don't want to tamper the wrong sensor.
Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by pitastephen: 8:15am On Apr 11, 2018
So much view and no response...
Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by autologic: 8:58am On Apr 11, 2018
pitastephen:
Hello Guys,

I notice the idle body of my wife's Honda accord 03 is partly close. Car doesn't idle well, it get worst when the Ac is ON

Pls kindly advice.
Erratic idle issue doesn't mean the first thing is to start fiddling with the throttle adjustment screw. That screw is not even meant to be touched .
There is a lot of reason that can affect the idle speed to become eratic ranging from misfire ,vacuum leak ,lean mixture issues ,clogged idle valve .
Mind you, the throttle valve is not designed to close completely to allow air passage during idling ,so slightly opening throttle @ idle is normal.
First ,run diagnosis on your vehicle and check the idle speed if it within spec and if not service the idle control valve assembly. Also check for misfire and vacuum leak

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by pitastephen: 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2018
autologic:

Erratic idle issue doesn't mean the first thing is to start fiddling with the throttle adjustment screw. That screw is not even meant to be touched .
There is a lot of reason that can affect the idle speed to become eratic ranging from misfire ,vacuum leak ,lean mixture issues ,clogged idle valve .
Mind you, the throttle valve is not designed to close completely to allow air passage during idling ,so slightly opening throttle @ idle is normal.
First ,run diagnosis on your vehicle and check the idle speed if it within spec and if not service the idle control valve assembly. Also check for misfire and vacuum leak

Thanks for the input Sir..but as per the picture, the idle sensor is attached to the throttle body, there should be some kind of passage in between both..my concern is, that passage is block.
Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by autologic: 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2018
pitastephen:

Thanks for the input Sir..but as per the picture, the idle sensor is attached to the throttle body, there should be some kind of passage in between both..my concern is, that passage is block.
Like I said earlier ,service the idle valve assembly
Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by collinsfhk(m): 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2018
OP please pardon me.

Fellow nairalanders, kindly help me out on the attached scan results. The car is 2003 Honda Accord (eod).

The car consumes so much fuel. A full tank gave me about 209 km in four days.

Thanks.

Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by thebigkendo(m): 4:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
collinsfhk:
OP please pardon me.

Fellow nairalanders, kindly help me out on the attached scan results. The car is 2003 Honda Accord (eod).

Thanks.

Confirm if it is KM or Miles,

What previous work was done on your car?

Cc Oluwaseunla GAZZUZZ AutoElectNG
Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by collinsfhk(m): 9:45pm On Apr 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

Confirm if it is KM or Miles,

What previous work was done on your car?

Cc Oluwaseunla GAZZUZZ AutoElectNG

Thanks for your response.

It's km. Work done was on the supensions
Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by sultaan(m): 10:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
pitastephen:

get a can of throttle body cleaner spray the butterfly valve till it's clean, turn it open with your hand to spray the back side.

Then remove the idle air control sensor and spray it clean with the cleaner and any other carbon build up then reinstall.

You car will idle a little rough before it readjust to a clear passage.

Attached is a pic of a sample from my old jeep

Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by sultaan(m): 10:18pm On Apr 11, 2018
Make sure your air duct has no leak and everything is air tight
Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by AutoElectNG: 10:26pm On Apr 11, 2018
collinsfhk:
OP please pardon me.

Thanks.

MODIFIED

P0705: recent transmission work? Driven through water? The electricals that tell the car what gear you have selected or the car is in are out of order. Could be the switch or the wiring. If it's the switch, a replacement is on the cards.

P0339: is the wiring to that sensor intact? If yes, what of the connector? Brittle? Inspect and maybe replace if it does nor look like the connection is tight

P0113: is the wiring intact? Broken? Loose? Or have two wires that should not make contact made contact?

Seen.

Will modify post with response tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by thebigkendo(m): 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
collinsfhk:

Thanks for your response.

It's km. Work done was on the supensions

I guess your EOD is 4 cylinder.. First check around your engine for connectors not plugged it

Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by Piyke: 10:05pm On Apr 12, 2018
pitastephen:
Hello Guys,

Pls kindly advice.

While cleaning the butterfly plate with the carb cleaner use a rag to wipe away carbon. Be careful not to spray on plastic or rubber or electrical sensors it will degrade them. Also you should do an idle relearn procedure afterwards. Just google idle learn procedure for the car. Do you have any scan results yet?

autologic:

1 up for this post!
Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by Piyke: 10:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
collinsfhk:
OP please pardon me.

Thanks.

Does the car refuse to start in P sometimes and then start in N? Does it start in other gears? It's the most likely the first code that is responsible for the poor mileage. Your transmission range switch may need replacement but you need to exclude poor contacts first.
When last was the air cleaner element (engine air filter)
changed?
Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by thebigkendo(m): 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2018
Piyke:

Does the car refuse to start in P sometimes and then start in N? Does it start in other gears? It's the most likely the first code that is responsible for the poor mileage. Your transmission range switch may need replacement but you need to exclude poor contacts first.
changed?

I once had a P0706 on my accord, it did not affect fuel economy, my bet is on P0113 IAT code or CKP
Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by collinsfhk(m): 11:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
Piyke:

changed?

Thanks for your response. It starts in both, but doesn't on D. It also does a bit of hard start.

The air cleaner is usually cleaned
Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by collinsfhk(m): 11:43pm On Apr 12, 2018
thebigkendo:

I guess your EOD is 4 cylinder.. First check around your engine for connectors not plugged it

Yes four cylinder. Connectors are all plugged to the best of my knowledge
Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by collinsfhk(m): 11:58pm On Apr 12, 2018
AutoElectNG:

MODIFIED

P0705: recent transmission work? Driven through water? The electricals that tell the car what gear you have selected or the car is in are out of order. Could be the switch or the wiring. If it's the switch, a replacement is on the cards.

P0339: is the wiring to that sensor intact? If yes, what of the connector? Brittle? Inspect and maybe replace if it does nor look like the connection is tight

P0113: is the wiring intact? Broken? Loose? Or have two wires that should not make contact made contact?

Seen.

Will modify post with response tomorrow

Thanks very much.

Yeah, it was driven try water.

The fact is that I can't even identify those sensors. May be I will need to go to a pro.
Re: Accord 03 Idle Body by Piyke: 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2018
thebigkendo:

I once had a P0706 on my accord, it did not affect fuel economy, my bet is on P0113 IAT code or CKP

You are partly right.
The p0339 will cause poor mileage. OBD-codes.com does list p0705 as a cause of poor mileage. But I do think that CKP should have a more profound effect. P0113 is reported to cause no change in performance except an illuminated CEL

(1) (Reply)

Tin Can Cleared 2002 Ford F150 For Sale / Toyota Corolla Won't Start / How Good Are Diesel Engine Cars,plz Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.