Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

The Significance Of Things Fall Apart - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Significance Of Things Fall Apart (428 Views)

Chinua Achebe Showing Off His Book 'Things Fall Apart' In 1960 (Throwback Photo) / Achebe's 'things Fall Apart' Makes 12 'greatest Books Ever Written' List / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Significance Of Things Fall Apart by KingsCity: 6:55pm On Apr 10, 2018
In Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe told a very important story. If you have not read things Fall Apart, by all means go and read it!

Things Fall Apart consists of three parts. In part 1, Achebe told the story of the life of the Igbos before they had any contact whatsoever with the White Man. He clearly debunked the stories told by European historians that Africans were sub-humans living in the bush before the Europeans came to Africa. He clearly showed that the Igbos had a well organized society before any contact with the white man. They had sports as seen when Okonkwo defeated Amalinze the Cat in that great wresting match. They had their legal system, as seen in the case of Uzowulu and his wife. They had a system of government. They had ethics and morals and so they would never wedge an unjust war; they would never fight a "war of blame:.

Things Fall Apart has a very important story that someone needed to tell, and Chinua Achebe was the one that told it

2 Likes

Re: The Significance Of Things Fall Apart by Jentle244: 7:03pm On Apr 10, 2018
Nice book ... Can u pl3ase send me a link where i can download the pdf... Would love to read it again
Re: The Significance Of Things Fall Apart by KingsCity: 10:31pm On Apr 10, 2018
Jentle244:
Nice book ... Can u pl3ase send me a link where i can download the pdf... Would love to read it again

unfortunately I don't have the link. I read the book so many years ago myself, but the words Achebe wrote in that book are so powerful and unforgettable

(1) (Reply)

The Friendship That Never Was ( True Life ) / King Of Africa / I Write Scripts And Contents And Business Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.