Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. (31081 Views)

There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding / My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened / My Lebanese Fiance Has A Very Tiny Dick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by Platony(m): 11:44pm On Apr 17, 2018
If u truly love him, go ahead wit d marriage. He ws scared of losing you. Pls forgive him.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by chineloSA(f): 11:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
When my bride price was paid I specifically asked my family to ask his (husbands ) family if he has a child out of wedlock. He denied having any in front of his family and my family.

I told them that I don't want a man with a child, If he has a child the negotiations should end on the spot. I had previously experienced awfulness of a relationship where the man had children with another woman.

The reason why I did that was to make sure that in future when such things come up, no one blames me for reacting a particular way.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by Emmybreezy(m): 11:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
Mcy56:
It's so wrong for any man or woman to hide such important and conspicuous thing!

A living child is not what anyone can keep secret forever. May God deliver women from these deceitful men. undecided

A man recently went for an introduction and they are currently planning wedding unknowingly to the woman that the man had a grown up child already. He lied to the lady with an excuse that if she (or her father especially) knows, they wouldnt agree to her marrying him.

I was of the opinion that he should have let the lady know and decide whether to go ahead with him or not instead of lying. Now, when the truth is finally out and the woman reacts badly, he will be among the losers to be name-calling women.
I look at you ladies sometimes and laugh if you have ever think that 70% of Nigerians are ladies...and most are single...if a man keep such a secret is for the betterment of the relationship as far he does love you..fine you might be upset for not letting you about it.. but my dear you have nothing to lose...be wise and carry on with the marriage and make your own baby with him...don't hunt him by his past.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 18, 2018
abeg no listen 2 wetin dem dey tell u 4 nairaland o.love ur man and accept d pikin.nobody perfect ,u sef go get some skeleton 4 ur cupboard nah

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by Antichristus: 12:04am On Apr 18, 2018
Jack was an Anglican Church seminarian just over 30 years ago when he impregnated the daughter of a Vicar (somewhere in Ogun State). Jack denied having carnal knowledge of Eve let alone impregnate her. Vicar and wife decided to take responsibility for their daughter who eventually gave birth to a bouncing baby boy who by the day emerged a carbon copy of Jack (who went on to become a priest and now an Anglican Bishop) somewhere in Oyo State. When Jack eventually got married - of course to another woman (somewhere in Ondo State) - he never told his wife he had a child by another woman. Someday, that woman who has been in darkness over this matter (would) see the light. What would she do? Rock the boat? Things do happen, even in high places.
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by kmaster007: 12:06am On Apr 18, 2018
bcoz love dey dat y
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by IsaAbubakar: 12:08am On Apr 18, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I don't mind as long as he tells me from the onset.
chaii banging you just dey hungry me kiss
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by fof1: 12:08am On Apr 18, 2018
steph2sweet:
Pls matured minds in the house, i need an advice. I just got the shock of my life today. I got to know that the man I am planning to spend the rest of my life with has a child out of wedlock. I heard this from someone close to his family and I confronted him about it. He said he is afraid to loose me, that was why he didn't tell me about it. That he doesn't have anything to do with the lady that gave birth to the child for him, and that the lady is already married. I am just short of words.

AND SO WHAT? U HV KNOWN NOW. DEAL WITH IT. WHATS WRONG WITH HAVING A CHILD BEFORE MARRIAGE. FIND OUT HIS EXCUSES AND U PPLE SHOULD GO AHEAD,PLS.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by baby124: 12:16am On Apr 18, 2018
You know what you can tolerate. If a child from another woman is something you won’t wish for yourself, run now. Don’t be forced by preparations for marriage and sentiments. A child is not something anyone should ever hide.
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by SamuelTurner(m): 12:18am On Apr 18, 2018
steph2sweet:
Pls matured minds in the house, i need an advice. I just got the shock of my life today. I got to know that the man I am planning to spend the rest of my life with has a child out of wedlock. I heard this from someone close to his family and I confronted him about it. He said he is afraid to loose me, that was why he didn't tell me about it. That he doesn't have anything to do with the lady that gave birth to the child for him, and that the lady is already married. I am just short of words.
follow your mind...

Meanwhile, is that the child at ur dp

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by dododawa1: 12:21am On Apr 18, 2018
Dat man is a woman not MEN
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by dododawa1: 12:24am On Apr 18, 2018
I can't hide anything for NIGERIA girls, AGREED u stay AND DISAGREED u go.
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by AyaOrunmila: 1:08am On Apr 18, 2018
jibrilyaba:
abeg no listen 2 wetin dem dey tell u 4 nairaland o.love ur man and accept d pikin.nobody perfect ,u sef go get some skeleton 4 ur cupboard nah
Will she tell the man if she has commited fornication lots of time and aborted manytimes? before,senseless people that thinks a man having a child out of relationship is bad because he dnt inform her.so what?

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by AyaOrunmila: 1:10am On Apr 18, 2018
fof1:

AND SO WHAT? U HV KNOWN NOW. DEAL WITH IT. WHATS WRONG WITH HAVING A CHILD BEFORE MARRIAGE. FIND OUT HIS EXCUSES AND U PPLE SHOULD GO AHEAD,PLS.
Abio,its even sickening listening to her sef,as if child is HIV OR HEPATITIS B
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by abike12(f): 1:25am On Apr 18, 2018
Imagine what else he's lying about, what else he will lie about in the future. Then his family that covered for him, imagine what they're capable of. If you must proceed, be ready to look over your shoulders for the rest of your life

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 18, 2018
Every action in life has consequences.while admitting anyone can make mistakes:morning can reveal what the night will be.except you are desperate to get married because of biological clock or societal pressure, that man may be bad news.he is going to be a chronic liar and the marriage will have a foundation of deceit. It is a sidewalk into polygamy.
once a child is involved ,the mother becomes a permanent fixture in his life and don’t forget OKAFORS law(a ....once knacked can always be knacked. Depending on his tribe there is an adage that says ‘whosoever has a child for a man is no longer a concubine’.

Think very well. Only you can determine what is best for you.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by grandstar(m): 1:51am On Apr 18, 2018
steph2sweet:

How long have you been dating? I feel anything beyond 6 months after the start of dating is wrong. If he can't open up to you, then he is someone you can't trust
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by Originalsly: 1:54am On Apr 18, 2018
He is your fiancé. ..but he has a child out of wedlock?...help me wrap my head around this one. Did you ask when he planned on telling you about the child? ...maybe between rounds 2 and 3 on honeymoon night? Is the child with the mother and her husband? ..does he support the child?...how often does he visit?..how can he visit the child but have nothing to do with the mother?...what is meant by his nothing? You need to jam him with JAMB questions or it would he revelations upon revelations if you do decide to ehmmm....take the plunge.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by talk2percy(m): 2:06am On Apr 18, 2018
Buh madam, I see no big deal in this. U want to walk because of this?
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by semyman: 2:11am On Apr 18, 2018
TiffanyJ:
Your relationship lacks trust and honesty. He should have told you and allowed you to decide whether or not you want to marry him after having a baby. After all, no one is perfect.
relationship coach in theory, practice is all a different kettle of fish
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by Nobody: 3:03am On Apr 18, 2018
I don't consider this a mistake, he deliberately kept it from you. if u eventually marry be ready for more dark secrets. there are still honest men out there.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by Eshence: 3:36am On Apr 18, 2018
he was so wrong not letting u know from d start up of d relationship, there are lots of unanswered questions. most times its beta a guy marries d mother of his child . how are u sure d lady in question is married ? and he will not end up running back to her later in future. have seen a senerio where a husband have to marry d mother of his first child bcus the child is now rich and wants his mother in his fathers life. if that happens to you in d future can u cope with DAT? like I say there is so much unanswered questions. its ur decision to make I hope u choose rightly.
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by johnsonedidiong(m): 4:21am On Apr 18, 2018
Are you to married the child or your finance if you love him with qualities he posses go ahead with him
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by Saintdaprince(m): 4:45am On Apr 18, 2018
steph2sweet:

You are short of words!!!!!!!

What do you think is the way forward?
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by theo1477(m): 5:03am On Apr 18, 2018
steph2sweet:
He loves you and does not want to lose you, if he is remorse about it,forgive him and ask for terms or conditions on how to take care of the child

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by Ayoagbajesamuel(m): 5:16am On Apr 18, 2018
the man is a deceit, and no liar will offer anything good, pls be wise
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by Darudeboii: 5:26am On Apr 18, 2018
I had a similar issue of recent. Just flirt around with a lady 3 times and she came back after 8 months to tell me she was pregnant. I ignored her and will never accept such child. So do you xpect me to tell my fiancé. It’s not possible. We all have différent cases and it all depends on how we want to handle them. Just try and sit your man down and talk to him if you truly love him. It might work out.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by Flye: 5:32am On Apr 18, 2018
What else could he be hiding? You shared my sentiment. Only time will tell other important things hidden from this woman.
introvertious:
there could be other secrets locked around him too. sometimes, the signs are just being thrown at our faces...... B WISE
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by DeRay98(m): 5:40am On Apr 18, 2018
xendra:
hmmm! my story want just be like your own .......Men!

What about men?
Do you know how many men have married ladies who had children but kept such secrets away from their men?
I childhood friend of mine even married a grandmother of 3. She only told him that she had a girl at younger age and the daughter was attending a polytechnic.
The poor guy only discovered fews later that she had 3 children and the only one she admitted to having was already married and have a child.
My friend was 42, never been married, no kids. He couldn't tell his family due to shame until in his sick bed. He never recovered, died at 47 childless in 2017 from a protracted illness.
So, shut up. angry

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by optimismlaz(m): 5:57am On Apr 18, 2018
My dear go ahead with the marriage if he apologies to you, many people advising you not to, will at your back marry the same guy they have commdemed. Though he should have disclosed to you.
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by bigsmoke2(m): 6:06am On Apr 18, 2018
steph2sweet:
He is full of shit. Don't marry him, thank me later. If he can lie about such a thing he can lie abt anything. A man you plan to spend the rest of your life with should not keep such a thing as secret. In fact should have told you the moment you started dating
Re: My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. by galaxi(m): 6:25am On Apr 18, 2018
Most times it's a reality you wished it never happened and you do not even know how to explain it.
For the ladies that feels the man is a devil,make sure you tell your husband how many kids you terminated before meeting him.

@poster> if he have everything you need in a man,please do not work away.
I was played into a woman game plan and became a father so early in life to a beautiful angel,my story long,women can be too desprate.

My present fiance found out herself,infact she instructed me to go look for the child and today i have my child.

I asked her to go away if she can't take me having a child but she refused.

In my case i was used,she even attempted to blackmail me,requesting i pay 5m to her.

Remmythe:

looking at most of d comments here,I see nothing bt comments filled with hypocritical statements,none of ds people really try to reason otherwise,D fact dat d man decides not to tell you does not mean that he didn't love yu,I perfectly understand the scenario,he jst couldn't find dat confident to tell yu,my advice to yu is dat yu should jst try to understand him and find a place in yur heart to forgive him..
It's happening to me currently and I'm yet to find d confidence to say it too,hopefully gon do it someday tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Husband Flies 1st Class, Makes Wife And Children Sit In Economy - Is It Right? / Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / Oldest Woman In Benue Dies At 122 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.