Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,315 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 (65245 Views)

Roma Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 10th April 2018 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (2 - 3) On 7th April 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by mikron(m): 12:03am On Apr 25, 2018
yemi15:

You missed bro. 50 naira well spent for me. If Man United plays this kind of football at any time, I will watch them which I don't for now as their football is boring to say the least.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Ibunkun1(m): 12:04am On Apr 25, 2018
cooltola:

Messi and Ronaldo are no better than Ryan Giggs. Club football is different from world cup football. WC Finals 2014 Messi was no show , Copa America Final 2015, and 2016 was also a no show, I will wait till world cup 2018 to see if Messi and Ronaldo will show up in any crucial world cup matches, till then I reserve my comments. All the moves and football skills that these two greatest players in our generation happen to magically disappear on crucial world cup matches for their country . At least Diego Maradona or Pelé always showed up.
Lol So U Are Comparing The Present Football To pele And Maradona's Time.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Ibunkun1(m): 12:11am On Apr 25, 2018
seunmsg:
Mohammed Salah is officially the best footballer in the world after Messi and Rinaldo. Neymar doesn't even come close by any margin.
Hmmmm,any Margin You Say?.Calm Down And Don't allow The Present Euphoria To cloud Ur Judgement
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Evathyst(f): 12:32am On Apr 25, 2018
Now that small boys have gone to bed, men are discussing football. I like this!

Let me also contribute my little knowledge;

1- All of you folks shouting Madrid would beat Liverpool still haven't learn anything from history. Madrid should beat Bayern first before talking about Liverpool. Make e no go be like 1998 World Cup that Nigeria was busy dreaming of a rematch against Brazil until Denmark humbled us.

2- That AS Roma hasn't conceded at home in the UCL this season is pure luck. Even Roma's coach would bet on Liverpool to score then in Rome if the option is available on Bet9ja.

3- All of you folks comparing Sallah to Ronaldo, Messi & Neymar. Make una calm down abeg. The guy still has a lot to prove. Remember, it's his first season at Stardom. He's surely on fire this season, but to start comparing him to peeps who have been on fire for the past 7 years is sheer ignorance. Make una get education o.

It's you people that made Eden Hazard's little performance to get into his head such that he has started playing rubbish. Make una no end Sallah career o. Na beg we dey beg una.

28 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by mvem(m): 12:49am On Apr 25, 2018
naturalwaves:

Hahahahahahaha. Funny you. Madrid plays like a machine and they will teach alot of people football lessons. Madrid can attack you just three times and you go chop 3 goals. You think all those Liverpool strikers roaming around and missing chances will get such chance to even be balanced with Ramos there? Marcelo will even pocket Salah. Moreover, Madrid midfield is so experienced. Toni Kroos is a winch. Should Madrid encounter Liverpool, Liverpool will be played like school boys. In fact, you will need to use hypo to wash your eyes to confirm if it is this same Liverpool that is playing. Moreover, Madrid is even yet to play Bayern. So, we don't know those that will play in final. Hope you are not underating Bayern? Livepool isn't even through yet.
...oga Marcelo is very very poor defensively but covers it in his brilliant attacking football...ask any sincere realmadrid fan.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 25, 2018
Evathyst:

1- All of you folks shouting Madrid would beat Liverpool still haven't learn anything from history. Madrid should beat Bayern first before talking about Liverpool. Make e no go be like 1998 World Cup that Nigeria was busy dreaming of a rematch against Brazil until Denmark humbled us.

2- That AS Roma hasn't conceded at home in the UCL this season is pure luck. Even Roma's coach would bet on Liverpool to score then in Rome if the option is available on Bet9ja.

3- All of you folks comparing Sallah to Ronaldo, Messi & Neymar. Make una calm down abeg. The guy still has a lot to prove. Remember, it's his first season at Stardom. He's surely on fire this season, but to start comparing him to peeps who have been on fire for the past 7 years is sheer ignorance. Make una get education o.

It's you people that made Eden Hazard's little performance to get into his head such that he has started playing rubbish. Make una no end Sallah career o. Na beg we dey beg una.

NO, all players aren't the same who can keep their form. Remember Fernando Torres was 3rd runner up for Ballon in 2008. Where is he today?

If Liverpool wins. Salah becomes the 3rd Runner Up. If Egypt does well in World cup, he becomes the winner of the Ballon. Let him use this opportunity to get the best of his life. Football time is very slim.This may be the only Season Mo Salah will prosper. I hope he gets the Ballon.

Remember late last year when the whole world was shouting Harry Keane. Now he's name has been buried temporarily. Same when Chelsea won the league last year, Every one was shouting Hazard & Kante. Now both are forgotten.

Remember before PSG faced Real Madrid in this Chapion's league, Speculations were that Madrid will lose. Now Neymar's name is buried forever in their rubbish French league that even MFM united in Nigeria can go there and trash teams without doubt grin grin grin

Messi & Ronaldo are the only ones who can keep it going. No one else.

6 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Equal2DeTask(m): 1:46am On Apr 25, 2018
chineduemmao:
i will save this oooo!
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Equal2DeTask(m): 1:59am On Apr 25, 2018
cruchenutii:

NO, all players aren't the same who can keep their form. Remember Fernando Torres was 3rd runner up for Ballon in 2008. Where is he today?

If Liverpool wins. Salah becomes the 3rd Runner Up. If Egypt does well in World cup, he becomes the winner of the Ballon. Let him use this opportunity to get the best of his life. Football time is very slim.This may be the only Season Mo Salah will prosper. I hope he gets the Ballon.

Remember late last year when the whole world was shouting Harry Keane. Now he's name has been buried temporarily. Same when Chelsea won the league last year, Every one was shouting Hazard & Kante. Now both are forgotten.

Remember before PSG faced Real Madrid in this Chapion's league, Speculations were that Madrid will lose. Now Neymar's name is buried forever in their rubbish French league that even MFM united in Nigeria can go there and trash teams without doubt grin grin grin

One more thing add ur PAPA to that list...

Efulefu grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by AreaFada2: 2:02am On Apr 25, 2018
Everybody is whining about 5-2.

Who would have thought Liverpool could win with even 3-1 (against any side) in first leg semi-final of UCL before group stages games began last year?
Even a 2-0 advantage would still be considered good enough to defend in Rome.

Let Roma score 2-0 goals first without a reply from Liverpool. Until the Liverpool are still in driving seat.

6 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Equal2DeTask(m): 2:03am On Apr 25, 2018
naturalwaves:

Hahahahahahaha. Funny you. Madrid plays like a machine and they will teach alot of people football lessons. Madrid can attack you just three times and you go chop 3 goals. You think all those Liverpool strikers roaming around and missing chances will get such chance to even be balanced with Ramos there? Marcelo will even pocket Salah. Moreover, Madrid midfield is so experienced. Toni Kroos is a winch. Should Madrid encounter Liverpool, Liverpool will be played like school boys. In fact, you will need to use hypo to wash your eyes to confirm if it is this same Liverpool that is playing. Moreover, Madrid is even yet to play Bayern. So, we don't know those that will play in final. Hope you are not underating Bayern? Livepool isn't even through yet.

Yet most of their games is sure Goal-Goal.

Ashewo defense...

Salah will destroy them permanently...

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Equal2DeTask(m): 2:05am On Apr 25, 2018
Evathyst:

SALAH's time has come.

Swallow it now.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:41am On Apr 25, 2018
openmine:

grin grin
The way U guys talk about madrid as lf the game against bayern is a stroll in the park
I see a very competitive game loading...

Please Check Our Signature In Blue Below And Contact Us -Click On The WhatsApp Link To Chat Us Directly or Call. Or Visit Our Ikeja Office
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by chineduemmao: 2:53am On Apr 25, 2018
[quote author=Equal2DeTask post=67005151][/quote]God don save u
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by chineduemmao: 2:58am On Apr 25, 2018
mvem:
...oga Marcelo is very very poor defensively but covers it in his brilliant attacking football...ask any sincere realmadrid fan.....
ifa tear u slap u will stop saying rubbish
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by steveDpro: 4:13am On Apr 25, 2018
cool
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by engrelvis(m): 4:59am On Apr 25, 2018
Evathyst:

true talk.messi n Ronaldo v been on fire for almost 8yrs now.dats how people were comparing Kane with Messi n Ronaldo during earlier stage of ueafa but Kane has faded now.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by naturalwaves: 5:53am On Apr 25, 2018
Equal2DeTask:

Yet most of their games is sure Goal-Goal.

Ashewo defense...

Salah will destroy them permanently...
Lol
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by naturalwaves: 5:57am On Apr 25, 2018
mvem:
Not that he is poor defensively. Not just always around when he travels sometimes. Lol. But in a case of one be one, he will pocket Salah.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Hhenryy: 6:30am On Apr 25, 2018
P0intBlank:

League and UCL are two different things. Some teams like Madrid have Jekyll and Hyde form - Madrid in League is not the same team in the UCL.

Roma have not conceded in UCL. They have met no mean teams - Chelsea, Athletico, Barca, Shaktar (1st team to beat Man City this season)

I am not saying they will upset Liverpool but they can

Lol, as if it's not the same team that plays in the league and UCL. Well let's see if they will draw inspiration from that.

But i just don't see them repeating what they did with barca. Liverpool should be wiser now and shouldn't let complacency set in. Liverpool should just slot in a goal, just one and see how romas motivation/inspiration/believe will crumble.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Lalas247(f): 6:32am On Apr 25, 2018
seunadeolu:
on which part of your body... just curios grin

U have spoil sha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Lalas247(f): 6:33am On Apr 25, 2018
AreaFada2:

Who would have thought Liverpool could win with even 3-1 (against any side) in first leg semi-final of UCL before group stages games began last year?

Let Roma score 2-0 goals first without a reply from Liverpool. Until Liverpool are still in driving seat.

Say no more cool
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by ekensi01: 6:37am On Apr 25, 2018
SATIELTSGRETOEF:
Forget my guy. Nothing dey happen. Nothing dey stop Liverpool. Not even Real Madrid. You will see what will happen in the second leg. Liverpool will still flog Roma. Roma find it difficult to keep up with the pace of Liverpool.

Not a Liverpool fan though, but this time I am with them cos they never walk alone.

But In Case Anything Happens Just Relax It Football.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Hhenryy: 6:39am On Apr 25, 2018
AreaFada2:

Let Roma score 2-0 goals first without a reply from Liverpool. Until Liverpool are still in driving seat.

Don't mind them, just because of what they did with barcelona. Liverpool should have learnt from that and wouldn't give room for complacency.

All they need to do is to play their game, not trying to sit back and defend. Just one goal from them and Roma's believe/motivation will crumble.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by ominilongest(m): 7:07am On Apr 25, 2018
mvem:
who's arguing... #halamadrid
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Hhenryy: 7:07am On Apr 25, 2018
openmine:

grin grin
The way U guys talk about madrid as lf the game against bayern is a stroll in the park

Don't mind them, they have forgotten that their former coach is back. The one that beat barcelona 7-0. And won a treble same season, he also has a record of reaching the finals.
Their style of play now is much different from when Gaurdiola was there and Madrid peppered them.

In fact if I'm to place a bet, I will put it on bayern. the chances of them beating Madrid and getting to the finals Is very high, considering their shambolic display at juventus.

But overall, I see Madrid as a tougher opponent for Liverpool if they Meet at the final. Liverpool will struggle to contain the star studded Madrid.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by CSTR1003: 7:09am On Apr 25, 2018
jagorinho:

liverpool is good no doubt but just stop the hype, it is just a typical trait of you epl fan boys, mourinho showed how to contain livepool attack, klop has not won him in their last 4 meetings, and the last game they played, sallah was forced to play like a lig 2 player, klopp failed to break down west brom on 3 occasions this season, klopp usually struggles against a very organised defensive set up, and you tend to forget 70% of liverpool's matches are won in first half because it is nearly impossible to play with that tempo for 90 mins, if klopp liverpool fails to win in first half, they always struggle, and about you comparing them to madrid. man!! there is a big difference between head master and a vice chancellor, liverpool has the weakest bench i have seen of a big team in recent times, imagine an injury to sallah then you replace him with ings or solanke. Madrid is a sure banker for d cup if they meet liverpool
Hype?

After destroying city and Roma, you still call it hype?

Is Real Madrid going to park the bus like Manchester United? Because that is the only way to win.

4 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by andrew444(m): 7:14am On Apr 25, 2018
Evathyst:

Omo you sabi ball abeg your analysis are top notch.

But I will disagree on hazard,hazard was never the player people taught he is ,he is not that bad but he is overrated by the media and Chelsea fans,a forward playing from the flank that is yet to score 20 goal a season in his entire career?

Make we leave matter jor,Good point from you.... my hands are up
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Hhenryy: 7:18am On Apr 25, 2018
naturalwaves:

Not that he is poor defensively. Not just always around when he travels sometimes. Lol. But in a case of one be one, he will pocket Salah.

Lol, Marcelo wey every Dick, Tom and Harry dey dribble? I can't even count the number of times he has been humiliated by Messi and other players.

On the contrary, he is not good on one-on-one encounters but very good going forward.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by andrew444(m): 7:21am On Apr 25, 2018
cruchenutii:

Messi and Ronaldo are the only one who can keep it going everybody knows but kudos to salah.

Who be harry Kane or hazard? Please those guys are never considered for balon d or,hazard ke?hazard has never even make top 10,ngolo Kante even made top 10,forget about Neymar being in the French league,if psg won the champions league he would be the winner,the so called Epl has been the farmers league for years since when cr7 won the balon d or no one else but salah can change it now if lucky,even kylian mbappe was 7t in balon d or ranking last season just because Monaco reach the semi final in the champions league.

Anyway nice point from you
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by chevkosticks(m): 7:22am On Apr 25, 2018
toluxa1:

Are you sure you watched the match? The first 75 mins of that match was free and easy flow for Liverpool. It was total domination and they could have done anything. Moral dropped when Salah was subbed. Tiredness came in, hence the two conceded goals.
i watched every minute of the game....but u don't calculate football like dat....wat made u think dat if mane had scored the first chance he missed, those other two chances would had come the same way....
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by NOBODYY: 7:32am On Apr 25, 2018
andrew444:

Messi and Ronaldo are the only one who can keep it going everybody knows but kudos to salah.

Who be harry Kane or hazard? Please those guys are never considered for balon d or,hazard ke?hazard has never even make top 10,ngolo Kante even made top 10,forget about Neymar being in the French league,if psg won the champions league he would be the winner,the so called Epl has been the farmers league for years since when cr7 won the balon d or no one else but salah can change it now if lucky,even kylian mbappe was 7t in balon d or ranking last season just because Monaco reach the semi final in the champions league.

Anyway nice point from you

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by tech18: 7:33am On Apr 25, 2018
Woww up Liverpool,this UCL trophy is urs

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 0) On 19th September 2015 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013

Viewing this topic: Mdcool26(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.