Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,842 members, 7,798,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Is Atheism Gaining Ground? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Atheism Gaining Ground? (5425 Views)

"In The Realm Of The Occult, The Highest Form Of Stupidity Is Atheism" / What Is Atheism? / Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by TOSIN116: 10:19am On Apr 12, 2018
Aaronsrod:

Then it will be too late for them.

They will be in hell with the devil being tortured while we rejoice in heaven with Jesus.

Those who will not learn will surely burn.

It is well.
what could be more terrible than someone burn forever. we must find a way to invoke sense in them angry

1 Like

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by TOSIN116: 10:31am On Apr 12, 2018
obinna58:

they predicted it cos it's obvious to them that lies can't stay forever
yeah like the theory of evolution smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by HappyPagan: 10:38am On Apr 12, 2018
TOSIN116:
which sin did commit? how do atheist reason?
A son of a carpenter wakes up one morning, claiming to be God, claims the mother is a Virgin, insults the men of God and chief priests of his time. He was just a mad man who deserved a sanitarium, not crucifixion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Emmanystone: 11:37am On Apr 12, 2018
keentola:
Recently, I have noticed that people everywhere are now speaking against pastors and imams everywhere. Some even go as far as abusing God and its sad to think of that in a country that once used to see an atheist as the devil incarnate now has citizens that are atheist..

What is happening?
Is Atheism really gaining ground?
Or science is opening people's eyes?
Maybe we are tired of lies that priests spit out of their mouths?
Only. We don't have atheists in Nigeria, we have sons and daughters of satan worshippers who hide under the umbrella of atheism to insult God.

How do i know this? Just start a discussion you'd discover they indeed believe there's God but hatred for Him won't let them surrender to Him

They have demons dwlling in them. When a demon hears 'Jesus', he trembles inside of them and reacts violently throwing up tantrums, but denying there's no God, even when he can't help not talking against Him who does not exist.

1 Like

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Emmanystone: 11:42am On Apr 12, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Yes it is.
People are becoming logical,free or critical thinkers.
It is a free world after all everyone cannot be religious.
We should learn to be tolerant of other people's beliefs.
No, the people who carry demons inside of them are becoming more vocal because the society is tending towards the manifestation of the person of their Master the Antichrist.

Jesus said to Judas, 'What you have to do, do quickly'. Until it wad time, Jesus couldn't be killed, when it was time, He said, 'Do it quickly'.

Shortly, the Person of the Antichrist shall bare open hos face, but right now, his followers who have been covert are not bold to declare their stance.

Take a stand, it is important.

No one can escape what is coming. It's coming.

1 Like

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by TOSIN116: 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
HappyPagan:

A son of a carpenter wakes up one morning, claiming to be God, claims the mother is a Virgin, insults the men of God and chief priests of his time. He was just a mad man who deserved a sanitarium, not crucifixion.
can a mad man perform miracles? undecided do you mean all his disciples that followed him and those that believes in him are also mad?
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by HappyPagan: 12:24pm On Apr 12, 2018
TOSIN116:
can a mad man perform miracles? undecided do you mean all his disciples that followed him and those that believes in him are also mad?
Not mad, but misled. A man whose mom was a virgin. Obviously did drugs as his experience in the wilderness tells us. I love the man, but he was no god. Just had mental health issues. Like most of us.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by TOSIN116: 12:50pm On Apr 12, 2018
HappyPagan:

Not mad, but misled. A man whose mom was a virgin. Obviously did drugs as his experience in the wilderness tells us. I love the man, but he was no god. Just had mental health issues. Like most of us.
you didn't answer my first question but if jesus is not related to God then who is God?
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by HappyPagan: 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2018
TOSIN116:
you didn't answer my first question but if jesus is not related to God then who is God?
God is an idea.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by hopefulLandlord: 1:08pm On Apr 12, 2018
TOSIN116:
why christianity and not islam?

why not both?
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by TOSIN116: 1:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
HappyPagan:

God is an idea.
how can you say that? then who created the whole universe? even the early men knew that there must be a supernatural force! behind everything angry
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by HappyPagan: 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2018
TOSIN116:
how can you say that?
My words may hurt your feelings, but it doesn't make me wrong.

TOSIN116:
then who created the whole universe?
I don't know. Do you?

Take a look around you. Observe the gadget in your idea. Designed by man... made for man. Just like God.

TOSIN116:

even the early men knew that there must be a supernatural force! behind everything angry
Do you think they were right because they were early men?
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by mmsen: 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Also I should point out that overwhelming majority of atheists and irreligious people I know in real life actually put on a façade of being a theist to others due to the same fear (which isn't unfounded)

The fear is not unfounded. Nigeria is full of religious zealots - xtian and Muslim.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by mmsen: 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2018
TOSIN116:
how can you say that? then who created the whole universe? even the early men knew that there must be a supernatural force! behind everything angry

The early men used to dance for rain, thought the earth is flat and didn't understand germ theory but would rather assume that someone was a 'witch' hence the plagues and illnesses that they suffered.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 4:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
keentola:
Recently, I have noticed that people everywhere are now speaking against pastors and imams everywhere. Some even go as far as abusing God and its sad to think of that in a country that once used to see an atheist as the devil incarnate now has citizens that are atheist..

What is happening?
Is Atheism really gaining ground?
Or science is opening people's eyes?
Maybe we are tired of lies that priests spit out of their mouths?

First of all skepticism isn't atheism and does not have to lead to that. Anybody can be a skeptic. Even a religious person can be a skeptic.

Frustrated people also shake their fists at God. It doesn't change a thing.

My point is that atheism statistically speaking isn't gaining ground because it is one thing to sit back and consider the entirety of the universe from the tiniest living thing to the most vast and not arrive at the logical conclusion that they just could not have happened by chance with the level of harmony they now exist on.

Scientifically speaking, a lot of people are now also becoming religious due to their knowledge of science which made them realise that what we have is just too complicated to have been a produce of chance as evolutionists are trying to push.

As some leave religion to embrace atheism, more leave atheism and agnosticism to.embrace God. A clear example is China which is an atheist country and very much scientifically and technologically driven but within a space of about 50years has grown from 1 million Christian population to about 80 million Christians despite the clampdown on Christianity there. Statisticians have projected that by 2030 China would be the most populated Christian nation in the world, a title currently being held by america with 250 million Christians which means that as the population of Christians in America increase, China is meant to increase faster, catch up and overtake so a rough estimate of 350million to 400million new Christians are expected to emege from China by 2030. Which is an additional 340million within the next 12 years.

So you see, atheism isn't growing because even in countries that are core atheist in rulership and laws, religion is and will still thrive because we believe in something and what we believe in is worth dying for. However atheists believe in nothing so hold no ideals which makes their position extremely fragile and very depressingly frustrating for them.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2018
superhumanist:
Butterflyleo won't like this

Why am I not surprised that you would be the one to invite me to a thread that refutes itself. grin

If you had applied some brain power before typing you would have seen that you should be crying and not celebrating as I already gave my reason earlier so read it in order to be educated.

See how all your atheists buddies are rejoicing on this thread as proof that all of you hold no ability to reason at all because if you all did, you would refer to current world statistics on atheist decline worldwide and weep rather than deceiving yourselves here. cheesy

Here is a quote from such statistics

The report estimates about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day. These atheists are presumably disproportionately represented in the West, while religion is thriving in the Global South, where charismatic Christianity is exploding.

Here is another

Eric Kaufmann, a professor at Birkbeck, University of London, using a a wealth of demographic studies argues the decline of atheism in terms of its global adherents is an established trend that will persist for the foreseeable future and the decline will accelerate

Here is another

Atheism is not growing despite what atheists may say. Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Go and weep for atheism mumuhumanist. You will never ever have any sense grin
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2018
Atheists just come here to type nonsense and try to make themselves happy by lying over their imaginary growth of atheism grin cheesy

Something experts have slammed over and over again.

Cure your ignorance and frustrations. The bitter truth is that atheism is on a global decline.

Read and be cured

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/

http://www.pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html

http://masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by FearlessDapsin(m): 5:06pm On Apr 12, 2018
kissIts seems Butterflyleo has succeeded in shutting the previously vocal atheists with facts PERMANENTLY.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 5:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
FearlessDapsin:
kissIts seems Butterflyleo has succeeded in shutting the previously vocal atheists with facts PERMANENTLY.

Don't mind them. Facts they should go ahead and try and contest if they can grin

They enjoy consoling themselves with lies about how atheism is growing when reality speaks otherwise. I just had to wake them up from their fairytale cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by TOSIN116: 5:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
HappyPagan:

My words may hurt your feelings, but it doesn't make me wrong.

hurts to see you boast of what you're ingnorant about.

I don't know. Do you?

we christians know and that what we are telling you!

so shut up! angry

and stop asking for proves

and start living by faith smiley

Take a look around you. Observe the gadget in your idea. Designed by man... made for man. Just like God.

don't understand what you mean here? undecided
but i advice you to get on your knees ask God for forgiveness
and accept jesus into your life

and start living a peaceful and joyful life. knowing that you name is in the book of life smiley

Do you think they were right because they were early men?

at least they knew a spritual world exists
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by TOSIN116: 5:56pm On Apr 12, 2018
mmsen:

The early men used to dance for rain, thought the earth is flat and didn't understand germ theory but would rather assume that someone was a 'witch' hence the plagues and illnesses that the suffered.

hmm...
why should modern men believe charles darwin and why hasn't man evolve to another creature? :>
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2018
Emmanystone:

No, the people who carry demons inside of them are becoming more vocal because the society is tending towards the manifestation of the person of their Master the Antichrist.

Jesus said to Judas, 'What you have to do, do quickly'. Until it wad time, Jesus couldn't be killed, when it was time, He said, 'Do it quickly'.

Shortly, the Person of the Antichrist shall bare open hos face, but right now, his followers who have been covert are not bold to declare their stance.

Take a stand, it is important.

No one can escape what is coming. It's coming.
Hey carry your epistle to yourself or someone willing to listen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by superhumanist(m): 7:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Why am I not surprised that you would be the one to invite me to a thread that refutes itself. grin

If you had applied some brain power before typing you would have seen that you should be crying and not celebrating as I already gave my reason earlier so read it in order to be educated.

See how all your atheists buddies are rejoicing on this thread as proof that all of you hold no ability to reason at all because if you all did, you would refer to current world statistics on atheist decline worldwide and weep rather than deceiving yourselves here. cheesy

Here is a quote from such statistics

Here is another

Here is another

Go and weep for atheism mumuhumanist. You will never ever have any sense grin

I expected you to post trash and you didn't fail me.

Such global projections are meaningless because of many unforseen circumstances. Your own link explains this point as a weakness of the projection:

This report describes how the global religious landscape would change if current demographic trends continue. With each passing year, however, there is a chance that unforeseen events – war, famine, disease, technological innovation, political upheaval, etc. – will alter the size of one religious group or another. Owing to the difficulty of peering more than a few decades into the future, the projections stop at 2050.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by superhumanist(m): 7:05pm On Apr 12, 2018
FearlessDapsin:

Read my reply above
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Emmanystone: 7:36pm On Apr 12, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Hey carry your epistle to yourself or someone willing to listen.
I thought as much.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2018
superhumanist:

I expected you to post trash and you didn't fail me.

Such global projections are meaningless because of many unforseen circumstances. Your own link explains this point as a weakness of the projection:

This report describes how the global religious landscape would change if current demographic trends continue. With each passing year, however, there is a chance that unforeseen events – war, famine, disease, technological innovation, political upheaval, etc. – will alter the size of one religious group or another. Owing to the difficulty of peering more than a few decades into the future, the projections stop at 2050.

Abeg shut up with these your consolations. I thought you atheists believe and claim the world is becoming a better place and not worse so which part of your arse did you dig out wars, famine, disease, political upheaval from?

Is China not currently having a political atheistic upheaval today and despite that, isn't Christianity booming there? Didn't Russia have a political atheistic upheaval a century ago and despite that , about 80% of Russians today are Christian.

What trash are you spewing? The projections are done at periodic projections. THAT IS HOW DATA PROJECTION is done oh ye mumuhumanist. grin. Were you expecting to see a FOREVER / INDEFINITE projection?

Technological innovation is currently ongoing in China and even that is not hindering the boom of Christianity there. By the way, technological advancement is always taken advantage of by everyone including christians (how daft can you be)?

War is never indefinite. Famine likewise, disease likewise so what are you saying? What you should be talking about is the birth rate of the religious against those of atheist countries. You guys support abortion laws, and many of you see no value in marriage and argue that you would rather remain childless rather than bringing your child into the world to suffer. Atheist China is on a one child per parent law.

You guys are your own problem because you have no ideals and this further depress and frustrate you into a global decline.

Your problem is nihilism which is an indivisible part of atheism so your global decline is INEVITABLE.

Weep for atheism oh mumuhumanist. You guys are about to become endangered species. cheesy grin
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by superhumanist(m): 8:28pm On Apr 12, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Abeg shut up with these your consolations. I thought you atheists believe and claim the world is becoming a better place and not worse so which part of your arse did you dig out wars, famine, disease, political upheaval from?

Is China not currently having a political atheistic upheaval today and despite that, isn't Christianity booming there? Didn't Russia have a political atheistic upheaval a century ago and despite that , about 80% of Russians today are Christian.

What trash are you spewing? The projections are done at periodic projections. THAT IS HOW DATA PROJECTION is done oh ye mumuhumanist. grin. Were you expecting to see a FOREVER / INDEFINITE projection?

Technological innovation is currently ongoing in China and even that is not hindering the boom of Christianity there. By the way, technological advancement is always taken advantage of by everyone including christians (how daft can you be)?

War is never indefinite. Famine likewise, disease likewise so what are you saying? What you should be talking about is the birth rate of the religious against those of atheist countries. You guys support abortion laws, and many of you see no value in marriage and argue that you would rather remain childless rather than bringing your child into the world to suffer. Atheist China is on a one child per parent law.

You guys are your own problem because you have no ideals and this further depress and frustrate you into a global decline.

Your problem is nihilism which is an indivisible part of atheism so your global decline is INEVITABLE.

Weep for atheism oh mumuhumanist. You guys are about to become endangered species. cheesy grin

There are thousands of projections and forecasts done by thousands of analysts on the American stock market. Yet none of them could predict the financial meltdown of 2008.

It was only one professor who predicted the meltdown.

Trends do not predict the future a lot of the time.

Ogbeni, your forecast is meaningless. I live in the present.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Emmanystone: 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2018
superhumanist:

There are thousands of projections and forecasts done by thousands of analysts on the American stock market. Yet none of them could predict the financial meltdown of 2008.

What have you now said?
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 9:09pm On Apr 12, 2018
superhumanist:

Shut your mumu mouth and stop with your idiocy. Every single credible statistics data base made exactly the same projections regarding the global decline of atheism and one of the main data powerhouses PEW RESEARCH crowned it all.

Trends actually determine a lot about the future which is why they are called TRENDS. When a change is being noticed in a certain direction over a period of time, it is called a trend and research determines its sustainability and consistency and this was why Russia was used as an example because what China is going through now already happened in Russia a century ago and Christianity boomed in Russia despite that and now China is experiencing the very same thing.

You live in the past ogbeni and not even in the present and surely no hope for the future.

If the same data projection authorities had said atheism was expected to increase and keep increasing till the year 2050 would you have said it was a meaningless data projection? grin cheesy

You are an atheistically endangered specie. A mumu one at that too grin
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by Butterflyleo: 9:10pm On Apr 12, 2018
Emmanystone:

What have you now said?

He just likes reading his own mumu comments.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by budaatum: 12:09am On Apr 13, 2018
TOSIN116:
hmm...
why should modern men believe charles darwin and why hasn't man evolve to another creature? :>
Oh, humans have evolved immensely, both physically, and moreso, mentally and they continue to. One just need see how people thought just 50 years ago to know that.
Re: Is Atheism Gaining Ground? by mmsen: 12:38am On Apr 13, 2018
Butterflyleo:

First of all skepticism isn't atheism and does not have to lead to that. Anybody can be a skeptic. Even a religious person can be a skeptic.

Frustrated people also shake their fists at God. It doesn't change a thing.

My point is that atheism statistically speaking isn't gaining ground because it is one thing to sit back and consider the entirety of the universe from the tiniest living thing to the most vast and not arrive at the logical conclusion that they just could not have happened by chance with the level of harmony they now exist on.

Scientifically speaking, a lot of people are now also becoming religious due to their knowledge of science which made them realise that what we have is just too complicated to have been a produce of chance as evolutionists are trying to push.

As some leave religion to embrace atheism, more leave atheism and agnosticism to.embrace God. A clear example is China which is an atheist country and very much scientifically and technologically driven but within a space of about 50years has grown from 1 million Christian population to about 80 million Christians despite the clampdown on Christianity there. Statisticians have projected that by 2030 China would be the most populated Christian nation in the world, a title currently being held by america with 250 million Christians which means that as the population of Christians in America increase, China is meant to increase faster, catch up and overtake so a rough estimate of 350million to 400million new Christians are expected to emege from China by 2030. Which is an additional 340million within the next 12 years.

So you see, atheism isn't growing because even in countries that are core atheist in rulership and laws, religion is and will still thrive because we believe in something and what we believe in is worth dying for. However atheists believe in nothing so hold no ideals which makes their position extremely fragile and very depressingly frustrating for them.

The Chinese state might be irreligious but the Chinese populace have retained their absurd culture ancestral worship. Those becoming xtians have simply replaced or supplemented their traditional superstitions with another peculiar belief, in much the same way that Africans have.

Religion only grows in places where unrestricted access to information is rare or impossible. The Chinese have their poverty and state censorship, Africans have their poverty and social stigma. Both groups love their superstitious nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kirk Franklin(a popular gospel artist) Blasphemy Against Jesus Christ. / Download All Apostle Johnson Suleman 2023 Messages (audio Mp3) / How To Brainwash The Christian Way.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.