Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,985 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:56 AM

Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency (8692 Views)

Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria / Elon Musk Says Twitter Deal Is Temporarily On Hold. See Why / UPS Holding My Package... Help?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 11, 2018
learn a lots here
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Prince4945(m): 12:30am On Apr 12, 2018
I used shoptomydoor.com as recommended by a friend to send my iphones to Nigeria, on arrival it was held by DSS for reasons unknown to me, I went to FedEx office at oshodi airport road, and they gave me a phone number of a DSS representative , I called and after every they said it was mandatory I pay for clearance cause of a bogus document they claimed didn't come with the phones, I paid 90k to the DSS rep personal account, then she sent me a text saying "released" then I called and asked what next, she said its been sent to customs for them to review the package and send me my custom duties and tax, omo those fraudsters sent me an email asking me to pay 98k for custom duties and tax , that's minus the 90k I gave DSS , I gave DSS that .much because I thought after that I would get my phones asap, I was just weak and tired of Nigeria, had to let the phones (4 iphone6) go like that cause I had no money to part and had no strength to pursue it further, ..

This shit is fraud and scam, only God that will help us

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 12, 2018
FinBalor:

You must look angry and speak good English oo. Dont go and look razz too. Dress like a senior citizen and first of all approach their desk. Don't get angry immediately. Allow them to table the matter to you. From what they tell you will determine your next step. If what they told you is valid and not extortion, then you play the gentleman card and do what you are told.

But if what they told you is bollocks, first of all start your argument with gentility and speak good English that is intimidating. Watch as they give you audience once they notice that you are not somebody to be toyed with. As you captivate them with your speech, now progress to an angry tone and let it be rising volume by volume. Once they notice that things are about to get messy, they will free you and move over to the next victim.

N.B (BE READY TO SHAKE TABLE)
There is another last step. But this step is to be taken if the step above does not work. This is the step of what I call "Valid, Coordinated Violence". Its usually a last resort and works 95% all times.

I have tried this is a police station and it worked. Even the DPO had to intervene. Make sure you get visibly angry, bang your fist on the desk and swear to them that its either they obey the law or face your wrath. Mean every word of it. Shout things like;

"This is what is now obtainable under this useless government of Muhammad Buhari. A very corrupt human being who only employs corrupt people to extort money from innocent Nigerians. Let me see how this will not reach internet today. I will expose this fraud on Nairaland and Lindaikeji. There is no institution that works in this useless country again. Donald trump that called us a shyit hole was even an understatement. Even the police that their slogan is police is your friend is nothing but a criminal organization whose work is to extort innocent Nigerians. Today is the day you people will meet your waterloo. How can a citizen after suffering under the duress of this useless president to make money, order something and is being made to pay extra to claim it? Are you people running mad in this country? Is Nigeria now a kingdom of Animals? Did you make money for me? Am I a criminal? On what basis are you trying to extort me? Do you want me to leave my phone so that you will steal and resell it? Is this the change the useless government of Buhari promised us? Is this no longer a federal government parastal?"

Before you shout all these things half way, you must have created a scenario that may draw peoples attention. Be ready too shame them more. Play a strong underdog role that is willing to shut down their business for the day and spoil business for the "big dogs". They will realise that you will expose there dealings. Do you now what they will do next? They will calculate the risk of loosing you and move on to the next magas because they will see that "Its better that one man dies for the nation than for the nation to die for one man". They can't risk you exposing their fraud and source of food. They know that the table you are shaking will remove food from their mouth. This may go on for minutes or hours depending on how things turn out. They may even threaten to arrest you. Stand your ground. Tell them to invite the airforce, navy and army. Tell them its been your dream to get popular and finally say and point at him.... "Mr Ilora Joseph, you will make me and you popular and I will come out on top. (Shake your head and point vehemently when you do this). It makes you mean every word you say.

Believe me when I tell you that they will release your phone to you without you paying a dime.

Remember these key words.. You must be bold, confident and strong willed.

NEVER YOU SHOW ANY SIGNS OF FEAR OR INTIMIDATION. THEY CAN SMELL IT FROM AFAR AND MESS YOU UP.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 12, 2018
johnnyholtby:
Please I need your advice...I ordered a phone from Amazon (Samsung s8plus and an SD card)...but it's been undergoing clearance from custom ever since it's shipped to Nigeria... I thought that's a normal process (this won't be my first time ordering things from Amazon)... not until I got a parcel delivered to me...I thought it's my package...only to check and find a letter stating I need to travel down to Lagos for some clearance.. it sounds weird and strange to me... please I need you guys to put me through as I don't know what to do... I'll attach the letter I got from them.. thanks...I've updated the pictures with screenshots from Amazon
Who is the fucking dimwit illiterate that sends a letter from an official assumed organization like SSS or Customs without an official letter head. Go there with your lawyer o! And expose this daylight fraud. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Mastarcard: 8:43am On Apr 12, 2018
Just got this reply..

You need to get a lawyer or someone that can act as one.

Point out the abnomalise in the letter. Stand your ground.

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by ipobarecriminals: 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
Prince4945:
I used shoptomydoor.com as recommended by a friend to send my iphones to Nigeria, on arrival it was held by DSS for reasons unknown to me, I went to FedEx office at oshodi airport road, and they gave me a phone number of a DSS representative , I called and after every they said it was mandatory I pay for clearance cause of a bogus document they claimed didn't come with the phones, I paid 90k to the DSS rep personal account, then she sent me a text saying "released" then I called and asked what next, she said its been sent to customs for them to review the package and send me my custom duties and tax, omo those fraudsters sent me an email asking me to pay 98k for custom duties and tax , that's minus the 90k I gave DSS , I gave DSS that .much because I thought after that I would get my phones asap, I was just weak and tired of Nigeria, had to let the phones (4 iphone6) go like that cause I had no money to part and had no strength to pursue it further, ..

undecided
Prince4945:

how can u let 4 iphone waka go free like dat since. it is urs?U dnt knw road to Falana/Falana law office?If dat phone is urs/nor wuruwuru involved, go collect. am.I hate nonsensical. tale

4 Likes

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by manlawal(m): 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2018
Mastarcard:
Just got this reply..

how much is the phone worth and was it the actual amount that was declared on it
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
This is why I don't bother buying expensive phones from Amazon or the US in general. A friend of mine had similar experience with 2 iPhones, had to pay allost 100k before he got his phones, at the end of the day paying more than he would have paid if he had bought it in Nigeria. Galaxy s8 plus at slot is 250k, this one at Amazon $653, that's around 240k depending on exchange rate. Plus u stand the risk of customs and dss nonesense. I'll rather pay 250k buy in Nigeria have rest of mind.

6 Likes

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by ddjay: 6:34pm On Apr 12, 2018
if you check technology section of nairaland, u will see a number of people that ship from Amazon, ebay, etc without going tru ds BASTARDS called customs,dss and so on, I av used one of dem b4

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by somehow: 6:44pm On Apr 12, 2018
Maybe you got the phone illegally. So you paid #90k and still left the phone? You prolly didn't work for any of the aforementioned
Prince4945:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by IdeyFindWife: 6:54pm On Apr 12, 2018
FinBalor:

You must look angry and speak good English oo. Dont go and look razz too. Dress like a senior citizen and first of all approach their desk. Don't get angry immediately. Allow them to table the matter to you. From what they tell you will determine your next step. If what they told you is valid and not extortion, then you play the gentleman card and do what you are told.

But if what they told you is bollocks, first of all start your argument with gentility and speak good English that is intimidating. Watch as they give you audience once they notice that you are not somebody to be toyed with. As you captivate them with your speech, now progress to an angry tone and let it be rising volume by volume. Once they notice that things are about to get messy, they will free you and move over to the next victim.

N.B (BE READY TO SHAKE TABLE)
There is another last step. But this step is to be taken if the step above does not work. This is the step of what I call "Valid, Coordinated Violence". Its usually a last resort and works 95% all times.

I have tried this is a police station and it worked. Even the DPO had to intervene. Make sure you get visibly angry, bang your fist on the desk and swear to them that its either they obey the law or face your wrath. Mean every word of it. Shout things like;

"This is what is now obtainable under this useless government of Muhammad Buhari. A very corrupt human being who only employs corrupt people to extort money from innocent Nigerians. Let me see how this will not reach internet today. I will expose this fraud on Nairaland and Lindaikeji. There is no institution that works in this useless country again. Donald trump that called us a shyit hole was even an understatement. Even the police that their slogan is police is your friend is nothing but a criminal organization whose work is to extort innocent Nigerians. Today is the day you people will meet your waterloo. How can a citizen after suffering under the duress of this useless president to make money, order something and is being made to pay extra to claim it? Are you people running mad in this country? Is Nigeria now a kingdom of Animals? Did you make money for me? Am I a criminal? On what basis are you trying to extort me? Do you want me to leave my phone so that you will steal and resell it? Is this the change the useless government of Buhari promised us? Is this no longer a federal government parastal?"

Before you shout all these things half way, you must have created a scenario that may draw peoples attention. Be ready too shame them more. Play a strong underdog role that is willing to shut down their business for the day and spoil business for the "big dogs". They will realise that you will expose there dealings. Do you now what they will do next? They will calculate the risk of loosing you and move on to the next magas because they will see that "Its better that one man dies for the nation than for the nation to die for one man". They can't risk you exposing their fraud and source of food. They know that the table you are shaking will remove food from their mouth. This may go on for minutes or hours depending on how things turn out. They may even threaten to arrest you. Stand your ground. Tell them to invite the airforce, navy and army. Tell them its been your dream to get popular and finally say and point at him.... "Mr Ilora Joseph, you will make me and you popular and I will come out on top. (Shake your head and point vehemently when you do this). It makes you mean every word you say.

Believe me when I tell you that they will release your phone to you without you paying a dime.

Remember these key words.. You must be bold, confident and strong willed.

NEVER YOU SHOW ANY SIGNS OF FEAR OR INTIMIDATION. THEY CAN SMELL IT FROM AFAR AND MESS YOU UP.
Fin, Fin!
That's the BraveHeart we're talking about!!
Vibrate on, these muguns ain't seen nuffin yet!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by temitimx19(m): 7:44pm On Apr 12, 2018
ship your phones, laptops and other accessories from amazon without hassle with $10 ie #3650 you would gotten your phone in 2 - 3 weeks. Visit my thread for more details

https://www.nairaland.com/4265344/buy-ship-deliver-usa-nigeria
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by ddjay: 7:32am On Apr 13, 2018
temitimx19:
ship your phones, laptops and other accessories from amazon without hassle with $10 ie #3650 you would gotten your phone in 2 - 3 weeks. Visit my thread for more details

https://www.nairaland.com/4265344/buy-ship-deliver-usa-nigeria
very good, this is what m talking about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by ddjay: 7:33am On Apr 13, 2018
lets stop giving money to those bastards called dss/customs, visit nairaland technology section, there are people that will the items for you
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 13, 2018
To be honest op you are going to pay heavily whether you got the phone illegally or not, if you are lucky you might just pay a small fee, best thing is to use a courier service like some trusted guys on nairaland to avoid customs, I've been reading alot on similar threads, imagine customs seizing my guy 3 laptops from Amazon telling him to pay 300k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Decale: 8:51am On Apr 13, 2018
greenhulk:
This is why I don't bother buying expensive phones from Amazon or the US in general. A friend of mine had similar experience with 2 iPhones, had to pay allost 100k before he got his phones, at the end of the day paying more than he would have paid if he had bought it in Nigeria. Galaxy s8 plus at slot is 250k, this one at Amazon $653, that's around 240k depending on exchange rate. Plus u stand the risk of customs and dss nonesense. I'll rather pay 250k buy in Nigeria have rest of mind.

This thread is filled with people wey no sabi.

Go to tech market section and see third party agents that'd charge as little as $15 extra to your phone and you'll get it on your doorstep.

I thought everybody in Nigeria must have stopped this method 5 years ago. Guess people still prefer stress...
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by madgoat(m): 9:16am On Apr 13, 2018
Mastarcard:
Just got this reply..

Please let us knw the update on this matter and how you resolved it.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by ddjay: 10:43am On Apr 13, 2018
Decale:

This thread is filled with people wey no sabi.

Go to tech market section and see third party agents that'd charge as little as $15 extra to your phone and you'll get it on your doorstep.

I thought everybody in Nigeria must have stopped this method 5 years ago. Guess people still prefer stress...
abi o,me sef dey wonda
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by temitimx19(m): 1:42pm On Apr 13, 2018
ddjay:

very good, this is what m talking about
Thanks boss. U can contact me whenever you are ready
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
Hmmm...I'll really want to know how this will end.
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by temitimx19(m): 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2018
archyonrails:
Hmmm...I'll really want to know how this will end.
Trust me he will have to pay. I always warn my friends, u can only buy from China direct without having any issues with customs, but once it's from the US, those guys are just mad, they will make sure they exploit every penny from you.
If you want to buy stuffs from amazon and Ebay I can help u ship for cheap prices
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Prince4945(m): 8:55pm On Apr 13, 2018
somehow:
Maybe you got the phone illegally. So you paid #90k and still left the phone? You prolly didn't work for any of the aforementioned

Please what do you mean? Is there any form of illegality in someone in the US, buying phones and sending em down here?

I had it in mind to sell them, but how much would be my gain after shipping fees, customs and DSS bribe...

Smh
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by somehow: 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
That's what i am saying, if you worked for the money and its 100% legal, why leave what you suffered for even after pay 90k as fees? in your comment, you said after paying 90k, they wanted you to pay another 95k, then you didn't go for the phones again, meaning you left both the phones and 90k. he does that?
Prince4945:

Please what do you mean? Is there any form of illegality in someone in the US, buying phones and sending em down here?

I had it in mind to sell them, but how much would be my gain after shipping fees, customs and DSS bribe...

Smh

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Prince4945(m): 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
somehow:
That's what i am saying, if you worked for the money and its 100% legal, why leave what you suffered for even after pay 90k as fees? in your comment, you said after paying 90k, they wanted you to pay another 95k, then you didn't go for the phones again, meaning you left both the phones and 90k. he does that?

Let me break it down for you
Already paid DSS 90k, customs expected me to pay 90k before I get the phones ,
Shipping cost was roughly 27k

All together I would roughly spend more than 200k for phones I won't sell up to 300k, then what's the stress for...

Well that's all gone now , it wAS a bitter experience , atleast I've found a way to avert the custom ish, now I get my goods from the US directly to my door

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by somehow: 6:24am On Apr 14, 2018
Meaning you left #300k worth of phones + the #90k you dashed DSS (wondering when DSS started handling importation case). Well na your money, all I know is that I can't genuinely work for #390k and let it go like that. I won't even pay the #90k in the first place. I rather have the phones sent back to where it came from after 2 weeks or 3 delivery attempts.
Prince4945:

Let me break it down for you
Already paid DSS 90k, customs expected me to pay 90k before I get the phones ,
Shipping cost was roughly 27k

All together I would roughly spend more than 200k for phones I won't sell up to 300k, then what's the stress for...

Well that's all gone now , it wAS a bitter experience , atleast I've found a way to avert the custom ish, now I get my goods from the US directly to my door

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by mikkybellami(m): 7:23am On Apr 14, 2018
johnnyholtby:
Please I need your advice...I ordered a phone from Amazon (Samsung s8plus and an SD card)...but it's been undergoing clearance from custom ever since it's shipped to Nigeria... I thought that's a normal process (this won't be my first time ordering things from Amazon)... not until I got a parcel delivered to me...I thought it's my package...only to check and find a letter stating I need to travel down to Lagos for some clearance.. it sounds weird and strange to me... please I need you guys to put me through as I don't know what to do... I'll attach the letter I got from them.. thanks...I've updated the pictures with screenshots from Amazon

Bro I was in a mess like this recently but it's only your fault but you didn't notice....when you are procuring the goods custom fee is not included that's why you have to clear the goods here in nigeria.. . But my advice is that don't pay to any DSS, SSS or NAFDAC just call them to confirm and clear your goods..wait till the custom fee is out and pay the fee

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Canme4u(m): 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2018
somehow:
am with you %100
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by agarawu23(m): 5:59am On Apr 15, 2018
somehow:
Meaning you left #300k worth of phones + the #90k you dashed DSS (wondering when DSS started handling importation case). Well na your money, all I know is that I can't genuinely work for #390k and let it go like that. I won't even pay the #90k in the first place. I rather have the phones sent back to where it came from after 2 weeks or 3 delivery attempts.
maybe he is probably lying. How will you work genuinely for money and leave 4 iPhone 6 like that? He might be a yahoo guy who can't defend his source of income and how he got money to buy the iPhone 6.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by bobbygkmc(m): 10:51am On Apr 16, 2018
Zealmind:
Not at all bro....it just little change they will collect, because during my own time I was also told to come to their office at nacho, they were only asking for a certificate which I don't have, I have to part with 5k that day..... it is common with DHL and this agencies, though I still use them till now.....the worst part of it is that they will not give u ur parcel at that place, once it has been cleared they will delivered it to ur place

wow. I wish op the best then. e go better.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by jaid23: 10:16pm On Apr 17, 2018
johnnyholtby:

Hello op, I'm also presently in ur shoes, i also ordered an iphone7 online from lightinthebox and its to be shipped thru DHL evrything was going well tru d tracking until it got to our naija on saturday...

Go a call from dem sayin my package is with d customs that i will recieve a mail shortly on what my cuustom duty is.. Low and behold, i got a mail telling me to go pay 40,684naira chai.. I rant rant tire.. Until people that have experience such said its better to or else im willin to fotfeit my phone.. That was how i paid ooo...
Fast forwd to diix morning, got a call from dhl tellin me customs have cleared my package and now its been held again by DSS and NDLEA - I mean, how on earth does this concerns dis two agencies? I was asked to send some impossible document like pasport page of the shipper, letter stating my relationship wit him and some other impossible to get docs.. Told d guy i bought it online, and he said i should forwad my reecipt and my national id to one an email responsible to handle my issue, which i av done tonight..

Im waiting tommorow fo theirnresponse to knw my next line of action.
Would keep u.posted...

And by the way, have you been ablle to clear ur package frrm them?
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by madgoat(m): 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2018
jaid23:

Hello op, I'm also presently in ur shoes, i also ordered an iphone7 online from lightinthebox and its to be shipped thru DHL evrything was going well tru d tracking until it got to our naija on saturday...

Go a call from dem sayin my package is with d customs that i will recieve a mail shortly on what my cuustom duty is.. Low and behold, i got a mail telling me to go pay 40,684naira chai.. I rant rant tire.. Until people that have experience such said its better to or else im willin to fotfeit my phone.. That was how i paid ooo...
Fast forwd to diix morning, got a call from dhl tellin me customs have cleared my package and now its been held again by DSS and NDLEA - I mean, how on earth does this concerns dis two agencies? I was asked to send some impossible document like pasport page of the shipper, letter stating my relationship wit him and some other impossible to get docs.. Told d guy i bought it online, and he said i should forwad my reecipt and my national id to one an email responsible to handle my issue, which i av done tonight..

Im waiting tommorow fo theirnresponse to knw my next line of action.
Would keep u.posted...

And by the way, have you been ablle to clear ur package frrm them?

Gosh... This country is a shit hole. angry

Keep us updated so we may also learn.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by manlawal(m): 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
We have to stop this people from all this mess

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Imagine Your Life And Work Without Smartphone? / Twitter stops counting photos, links, and usernames in its 140-character limit / Do Still Visit Sefan.ru Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.