Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! (13484 Views)

A Picture Of Ibori In 2009 After Asaba Court Ruled In His Favour / The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori / Picture Of Ibori- The Ogidigbodigbo Of Africa In The Klink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 16, 2010
pro01:

Its not difficult to recognize a critical thinker; neither is it difficult to recognize a shallow one. Mr. Chidichris posed an exceedingly valid question (as a singular case in point), rather than attempt to answer it you people are beating about the bush! In case y'all don't get it, the point of that question is to expose the illogic in SELECTIVITY. What is sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander. It also seeks to point out the fact that Ibori's arrest is a fleeting flash in the pan. Tomorrow he'll be out and free if he becomes useful or loyal to the government in power. As such, all the noisemaking and hare-brained celebration about his 'defeat' is a spectacular exercise in futility. Why is this so hard for y'all to understand

what is hard for the average nairalandwr to understand is your specious arguments. according to you, unless the alpah criminals are punihed, all lesser criminals should go scot free. that is the crux of your argument, not so? ibori is a 'small boy thief, and until we go after atiku, he should be left alone.

i guss you know the 'our son' wont wash here so u are gin for the - but he only stole 100 billion - others stole much more tongue
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by GeorgeD1(m): 6:01pm On May 16, 2010
chidichris,
you really amaze me with your warped arguments. i guess growing up in a dis-jointed society like ours is to blame.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 16, 2010
on you slurpers of iboi's manliness, bit on this  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100516422440

Ibori in fresh trouble as MET police give EFCC conviction records

Strong indications emerged on Saturday that the former Delta State governor, James Ibori, may be in fresh trouble as the Metropolitan Police in the United Kingdom have given the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission court records and documents of his alleged conviction in the UK.

SUNDAY PUNCH also gathered that the Police in Dubai, United Arab Emirate have seized the former governor‘s travelling documents.

This is coming on the heels of the trip of a team of operatives from the EFCC and the MET Police to the United Arab Emirates on Friday. The EFCC team comprising lawyers, it was learnt, also went to Dubai with Ibori‘s case file and other documents to hasten the former governor‘s extradition to Britain.

Our correspondent learnt that the EFCC is planning to use Ibori‘s alleged record of conviction as one of the charges against him during his prosecution in the United Kingdom.

A security source said, ”His previous criminal conviction in the United Kingdom is definitely one of the charges against him because he lied on oath and obtained under false pretence the salary of government for eight years.

“A convict should not be a governor but he deceived the people and used his position to collect remuneration that he shouldn‘t have gotten. His travelling documents had to be seized to prevent him from sneaking out like he did in Nigeria.”

According to the source, security operatives and embassy officials are watching the ex-governor round the clock.

She said, ”We have security agents and embassy officials monitoring him. The Dubai police have assured us that he will not sneak out of their country. They assured us that they only granted him bail but he is still under ‘strict surveillance and restriction.”

Our correspondent gathered that security operatives from Nigeria, Britain and Dubai will start the extradition process on Monday.

The source said, ”The legal process of extraditing him will begin on Monday. You know that courts don‘t work on weekends. By Monday, all members of the investigating teams from Nigeria and Britain will all be in Dubai, then we will be in court to start the extradition proceedings.”

Explaining the importance of the MET Police in Dubai, the source said, “Even though we have a heap of evidence against him, there is no treaty between Nigeria and the United Arab Emirates even though the treaty is under way. We are working with the MET police because the United Kingdom and Dubai have this treaty. They are the only ones that can get him for us.”

It was also learnt that after the former governor‘s extradition, he will face charges in Britain before returning to Nigeria. She added, ”When he gets to the UK, he will face all the charges he has pending before him in their court which will not take more than one month. If he is sentenced, he will not immediately serve the sentence. Ibori will be brought back to Nigeria where he will be made to face the charges here. If he is also sentenced in Nigeria, he will serve the sentence before going back to fulfil that of Britain.”

When contacted, the EFCC head, Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Babafemi, said, “All I can tell you is that our operatives have left for Dubai. We are all aware that he refused to turn himself in and thwarted all efforts by the EFCC to arrest him.

“We also know that he has a pending case in Nigeria which we cannot abandon mid way. The EFCC promises to continue with this matter using all the tools in our arsenal and bringing it to a logical conclusion.”

Ibori was last Thursday arrested in Dubai by the International Police after he was declared wanted by the anti-graft agency four weeks ago, in connection with an alleged illegal disposal of 528 million shares belonging to Delta State in Oceanic Bank.

Ibori who has maintained that he was being persecuted due to his political belief, accused his enemies in Nigeria and their UK co-conspirators of framing up the charges against him.

waiting for pro01 to start on the western conspiracy against the ex convict  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by chidichris(m): 6:13pm On May 16, 2010
what is hard for the average nairalandwr to understand is your specious arguments. according to you, unless the alpah criminals are punihed, all lesser criminals should go scot free. that is the crux of your argument, not so? ibori is a 'small boy thief, and until we go after atiku, he should be left alone.

i guss you know the 'our son' wont wash here so u are gin for the - but he only stole 100 billion - others stole much more

@oyb,
what is ur answer to the question(why is atiku not in jail?)

chidichris,
you really amaze me with your warped arguments. i guess growing up in a dis-jointed society like ours is to blame.

@george p,
there u go again.
why wasting all these time insulting me rather than answering a simple question(why is atku not in jail)
assuming this is an exam question, will u turn and starting insulting everybody like u are doing to me?
the dis-jointed society is a function of ur darling rulers who are fighting corruption and this dis-jointed society has given me the brain to ask this dis-jointed question of which i expect a dis-jointed answer or a dis-jointed quietness.
oga dis-jointed, if u lack dis-jointed answer to my dis-jointed question, kindly and dis-jointedly go over to another dis-jointed topic as this topic has been dis-jointedly locked under dis-jointed lock and key - WHY IS ATIKU NOT IN JAIL?
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 16, 2010
oyb:

Perhaps you need to re-read my previous posts in this thread. My point isn't that Ibori shouldn't be 'touched' until the bigger thieves are punished. Rather, I need one of you 'principled' Nairalanders to give me a sensible reason WHY WHY WHY the other (some, bigger) thieves havn't received the same 'special' treatment being meted out to Mr. Ibori. Sensible reason. None! Now, if it is because the others weren't caught, great! If it's because there is no evidence against them, great! If If it's because there are no petitions against them at the EFCC and ICPC, great! If it is because there are insufficient spaces at kirikiri prisons for more corrupt 'thieves', yeah right! But none of these reasons hold true. So why make unnecessary fuss and deploy maximum state resources and military apparatus for one inconsequential case? Isn't it for political capital? If so, should it call for celebration among those of us that are informed and discerning? NO! I insist that we learn to do things right and institutionalize processes so that rewards & punishments would be meted out without discrimination to the deserving. It's as simple as that.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by GeorgeD1(m): 6:44pm On May 16, 2010
chidichris,
is see your comrades in arms with pro01. when people team up to defend the indefensible, then be very sure they're up to no good. this is the level corruption has degenerated to in this country.

you guys keep at it. i hope you visit ibori in jail too when he's finally convicted. grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by mrkoma2012: 6:49pm On May 16, 2010
A clear example of double standards operating in the nigeria society.Ibori is innocent until proven guilty.Even it quite glaring by his way of life after leaving office that dis guy stole i doubt this guy will end up behind bars
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by ayodot(m): 7:17pm On May 16, 2010
Some are happy that ibori as been arrested which I'm part and some are shouting foul play.
For those whose ibori's arrest doesn't go well with them, what do u suggest EFCC do, release him?
I know u yourselves find it funny
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 7:19pm On May 16, 2010
chidichris:

hahahahahahahahahahaha - english
haahaahaahaa - igbo
haaahaaahaaa - yoruba
haaaahaaaahaaa- hausa
hohohohohoho - french
whenever u asked a question and somebody began to respond in a harsh manner, that man is guilty.
i hereby confirm u guilty of ignorance.

Ignorance of what?  grin grin grin grin grin

You are beginning to sound like Becomerich.  grin

pro01:

Its not difficult to recognize a critical thinker; neither is it difficult to recognize a shallow one. Mr. Chidichris posed an exceedingly valid question (as a singular case in point), rather than attempt to answer it you people are beating about the bush! In case y'all don't get it, the point of that question is to expose the illogic in SELECTIVITY. What is sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander. It also seeks to point out the fact that Ibori's arrest is a fleeting flash in the pan. Tomorrow he'll be out and free if he becomes useful or loyal to the government in power. As such, all the noisemaking and hare-brained celebration about his 'defeat' is a spectacular exercise in futility. Why is this so hard for y'all to understand

Dunce Genius(?)  grin, if that was his point which he was struggling to state (I would have expected a person with a brain to say "why is their selective justice" not "why is Atiku from the North"wink  grin, then I have answer the question several times earlier:

"I don't GIVE A SHITE if it is selective, Ibori is a thief, and any thief prosecuted I am happy with and WILL NEVER defend".

Genius?
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 7:22pm On May 16, 2010
chidichris:

@george p,
u can call it whatever name u like but the topic is about the war on corruption.
u must learn to choose your topics. on nairaland, it is not a must that u engage in every discussion.
what u saw was an act of getting involved in what i have knowledge about.
refer me to any topic on this forum where i run away from questions.
that sagamite made me thought he was a man but one out of about 100 questions dis-stablized him so he is only a boy.
make it a point of duty from today, anywhere u see me get involved, come up with your questions and i promise to answer them to the best of my knowledge.
obj is a joker. this same ibori will turn out tomorrow in this same nigeria and pdp to be the chairman as all it will take will be a phone call across to obj to announce his loyality.
don't be decieved, under the administration that claimed fighting corruption, the highest level of looting took place. if u doubt this, see our banks.
all of us wanted iwu out and that was done but what punishment was given to iwu for playing with our minds? how do u want to discourgae future inec chairmen from acting in the same ways?
we are doomed in the area of leadership.

I repeat, what is your argument before you start sounding delusional? Is it:

Ibori should not be arrested?

We should not be happy Ibori is arrested?

Or you just want to whine about who has not been arrested?

WTF do you keep asking ME about Atiku? Is it because of the point the "Genius" that opened this thread said?
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 7:28pm On May 16, 2010
pro01:

Perhaps you need to re-read my previous posts in this thread. My point isn't that Ibori shouldn't be 'touched' until the bigger thieves are punished. Rather, I need one of you 'principled' Nairalanders to give me a sensible reason WHY WHY WHY the other (some, bigger) thieves havn't received the same 'special' treatment being meted out to Mr. Ibori. Sensible reason. None! Now, if it is because the others weren't caught, great! If it's because there is no evidence against them, great! If If it's because there are no petitions against them at the EFCC and ICPC, great! If it is because there are insufficient spaces at kirikiri prisons for more corrupt 'thieves', yeah right! But none of these reasons hold true. So why make unnecessary fuss and deploy maximum state resources and military apparatus for one inconsequential case? Isn't it for political capital? If so, should it call for celebration among those of us that are informed and discerning? NO! I insist that we learn to do things right and institutionalize processes so that rewards & punishments would be meted out without discrimination to the deserving. It's as simple as that.

What utter junk rubbish.

So we should not prosecute obvious thieves until we prosecute all thieves?

And we should not be happy at least one thief is being prosecuted?

Then your arse comes here to open a thread to DEFEND a crook?
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by allhailme1: 7:43pm On May 16, 2010
Chei, suffer-suffer no good o!!! Look as hunger and hopelessness don make Chidichris and Pro01 dey reason like real life Onyeara. Ah, Ibori e no go betta for u o!! Becus, if to say u use dis money develop society make this boys see say life fit better pass wetin dem dey experience dem for know say na bad thing u do them. Ah, na Ogun and Amadioha go fiya all the looters wey dey naija!!!
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by ayodot(m): 7:48pm On May 16, 2010
Question: why as Atiku not been arrested.
Ans: Nairaland is not the EFCC's office. Go and ask waziri
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 8:19pm On May 16, 2010
ayodot:

Question: why as Atiku not been arrested.
Ans: Nairaland is not the EFCC's office. Go and ask waziri

Exactly!  grin grin grin

Asking me about specific case, like if I am Waziri and I should have the case file or the rational.  grin And it was my decision not to arrest him. so I must defend it.

And feeling smug about it?  grin grin grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by chidichris(m): 8:27pm On May 16, 2010
it is always the case. many are here to jump because others are jumping.
leaders are those who have responsibility to make rules and regulations guiding the actions of others. leaders are suposed to live by example.
aso rock is the headquatters of nigeria and how clean it is? what examples are the occupants of the so-called aso rock are showing to followers?
whenever a leader is corrupt, there is no magic or miracle anyone can do about it.
nigeria including each and everyone of us are included in this corruption galore.
we are all guilty of this same crime for which we all want ibori to be killed.
in a very plain language, we have criminality as our national symbol.
we have crime as our second name. in fact, the law of the country shld make crime a way of life.
if there are few clean men in nigeria, ibori must be among them.
if ibori stole in delta and for that reason , delta is not working what about the other 35 states in nigeria and what about nigeria herself?
it is high time we told ourselves this bitter truth.
aso rock and it occupants are corrupt and we the followers have no choice than to make corruption the order of the day.
as soon as nigeria get a clean man as president, he will need no ribadu to make this country clean and if anyone doubts me, let him find out from jerry rawlings of ghana.
is anyone here part of the buhari/idiagbo govt that made nigerians stay away from indiscipline. we must know that the idiagbos never last.
like i said, we are doomed with bad leaders.
with this pdp in govt, we will not lack ibori rather there will be multiplication of iboris
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 8:31pm On May 16, 2010
chidichris:

nigeria including each and everyone of us are included in this corruption galore.
we are all guilty of this same crime for which we all want ibori to be killed.
in a very plain language, we have criminality as our national symbol.
we have crime as our second name. in fact, the law of the country shld make crime a way of life.
if there are few clean men in nigeria, ibori must be among them.
if ibori stole in delta and for that reason , delta is not working what about the other 35 states in nigeria and what about nigeria herself?
it is high time we told ourselves this bitter truth.
aso rock and it occupants are corrupt and we the followers have no choice than to make corruption the order of the day.

So basically my deduction here is that you think Ibori should not be arrested because he is not the only thief?
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by chidichris(m): 8:46pm On May 16, 2010
So basically my deduction here is that you think Ibori should not be arrested because he is not the only thief?

@sagamite,
wether u deduct or add, we are natural criminals and stealing is a way of life in nigeria and it shld be made a generally acceptable way of life in nigeria.
arresting ibori will destroy ur deduction so let ibori be free.
it is a stealing galore as has been declared by those at the helm of our affairs.
coming here from time to time to rejoice over who is arrested in dubai or london makes no sense.
after all, andy uba the then special adviser to obj was arrested, and indicted in the usa over a money laundary case. he was sentence to jail with option of fine which he paid and came back to meet nigerians who ribadu told it was a civil case.
our useless and shameless senators shld enshrine it into our constitution that stealing henceforth is nolonger a crime.
in a corruption fighting country, a senator got married to a 13 yr old baby. in a corruption fighting country, a ruler slept with his daughter inlaw. in a corruption fighting country, a whole ship disappeared over night. in a corruption fighting country, bola ige a seating attorney general of the federation was assasinated without trace. oh, we are fighting corruption.
today we believe the interpol and metroplitan police but let us wait till hilary comes back to tell us the undiluted truth. let us wait till cnn makes a documentary of niger delta. let us wait till bbc makes a documentary on lagos state.
we are deciet to ourselves.
corruption fighting my ass.
if all these resources are wasted on just one ibori, what happens to the millions of iboris in this god forsaken jungle called nigeria.
is it not shameful that nobody is talking about the pressing problems of this country.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Katsumoto: 8:49pm On May 16, 2010
chidichris:

@sagamite,
wether u deduct or add, we are natural criminals and stealing is a way of life in nigeria and it shld be made a generally acceptable way of life in nigeria.
arresting ibori will destroy your deduction so let ibori be free.
it is a stealing galore as has been declared by those at the helm of our affairs.
coming here from time to time to rejoice over who is arrested in dubai or london makes no sense.
after all, andy uba the then special adviser to obj was arrested, and indicted in the usa over a money laundary case. he was sentence to jail with option of fine which he paid and came back to meet nigerians who ribadu told it was a civil case.
our useless and shameless senators shld enshrine it into our constitution that stealing henceforth is nolonger a crime.
in a corruption fighting country, a senator got married to a 13 yr old baby. in a corruption fighting country, a ruler slept with his daughter inlaw. in a corruption fighting country, a whole ship disappeared over night. in a corruption fighting country, bola ige a seating attorney general of the federation was assasinated without trace. oh, we are fighting corruption.
today we believe the interpol and metroplitan police but let us wait till hilary comes back to tell us the undiluted truth. let us wait till cnn makes a documentary of niger delta. let us wait till bbc makes a documentary on lagos state.
corruption fighting my backside.
if all these resources are wasted on just one ibori, what happens to the millions of iboris in this god forsaken jungle called nigeria.
is it not shameful that nobody is talking about the pressing problems of this country.

Dude, let it rest; you are not going to convince anyone. Your logic is warped.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by bkbabe97: 8:51pm On May 16, 2010
chidichris:

@sagamite,

I'm not a overly religious person but "Goddamn, Jesus Christ in heaven"!!!! Yall natural criminals, Stealing is a way of life, and should be imbibed as a culture?!?!? Well, if u say so!!!

So, u got more "Pressing problems" than this Mr Ibori? His corruption is not a pressing Problem? Dude ure a lost cause and the ones arguing with u and hoping u see the light are even bigger fooools!!!
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 8:52pm On May 16, 2010
chidichris:

@sagamite,

Hmm, I now see why you are idolised by pro01 and you must be in his 'Genius' Log book.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by chidichris(m): 9:16pm On May 16, 2010
is it not a normal thing to ask questions when u don't understand.
obasanjo is a criminal - he is involved in harlibuton scandal, he is involved in the atiku/ptf scandal, he is indicted in the power probe, he was n20k rich in 1999 but today i hope no slowpoke will convience nigerians that he is this rich with his salary.
obasanjo's daughter is a criminal wanted in the usa in a kidnapping case while indicted here as a criminal in the medical funds scandal.
charity begins at home. can a man with dirty in his eyes clean someone's else dirty.
jonathan's wife is involved in a scandal under efcc file.
tony annenih, n300b. ibb, someone help me name that, atiku - wow, tinubu, odili and other govs - states'head criminals, bode george - jail bird, andy uba and chris uba oh my GOD,
mourise iwu - i no fit shout,
can someone tell me who is not a criminal in nigeria from professors to illitrates?
we are talented and natural criminals and we do that with ease.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by rasputinn(m): 9:39pm On May 16, 2010
"A security source said, ”His previous criminal conviction in the United Kingdom is definitely one of the charges against him because he lied on oath and obtained under false pretence the salary of government for eight years"“A convict should not be a governor but he deceived the people and used his position to collect remuneration that he shouldn‘t have gotten. His travelling documents had to be seized to prevent him from sneaking out like he did in Nigeria.”

hehehehehe,this man go spend reach 105 years for British jail,stealing from a shop,credit card fraud,money laundering,looting kai ibori don die be that grin grin grin grin
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by rasputinn(m): 9:43pm On May 16, 2010
[size=14pt]Ibori in fresh trouble as MET police give EFCC conviction records[/size]

Strong indications emerged on Saturday that the former Delta State governor, James Ibori, may be in fresh trouble as the Metropolitan Police in the United Kingdom have given the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission court records and documents of his alleged conviction in the UK.

SUNDAY PUNCH also gathered that the Police in Dubai, United Arab Emirate have seized the former governor‘s travelling documents.
This is coming on the heels of the trip of a team of operatives from the EFCC and the MET Police to the United Arab Emirates on Friday. The EFCC team comprising lawyers, it was learnt, also went to Dubai with Ibori‘s case file and other documents to hasten the former governor‘s extradition to Britain.
Our correspondent learnt that the EFCC is planning to use Ibori‘s alleged record of conviction as one of the charges against him during his prosecution in the United Kingdom.
A security source said, ”His previous criminal conviction in the United Kingdom is definitely one of the charges against him because he lied on oath and obtained under false pretence the salary of government for eight years.
“A convict should not be a governor but he deceived the people and used his position to collect remuneration that he shouldn‘t have gotten. His travelling documents had to be seized to prevent him from sneaking out like he did in Nigeria.”
According to the source, security operatives and embassy officials are watching the ex-governor round the clock.
She said, ”We have security agents and embassy officials monitoring him. The Dubai police have assured us that he will not sneak out of their country. They assured us that they only granted him bail but he is still under ‘strict surveillance and restriction.”
Our correspondent gathered that security operatives from Nigeria, Britain and Dubai will start the extradition process on Monday.
The source said, ”The legal process of extraditing him will begin on Monday. You know that courts don‘t work on weekends. By Monday, all members of the investigating teams from Nigeria and Britain will all be in Dubai, then we will be in court to start the extradition proceedings.”
Explaining the importance of the MET Police in Dubai, the source said, “Even though we have a heap of evidence against him, there is no treaty between Nigeria and the United Arab Emirates even though the treaty is under way. We are working with the MET police because the United Kingdom and Dubai have this treaty. They are the only ones that can get him for us.”
It was also learnt that after the former governor‘s extradition, he will face charges in Britain before returning to Nigeria. She added, ”When he gets to the UK, he will face all the charges he has pending before him in their court which will not take more than one month. If he is sentenced, he will not immediately serve the sentence. Ibori will be brought back to Nigeria where he will be made to face the charges here. If he is also sentenced in Nigeria, he will serve the sentence before going back to fulfil that of Britain.”
When contacted, the EFCC head, Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Babafemi, said, “All I can tell you is that our operatives have left for Dubai. We are all aware that he refused to turn himself in and thwarted all efforts by the EFCC to arrest him.
“We also know that he has a pending case in Nigeria which we cannot abandon mid way. The EFCC promises to continue with this matter using all the tools in our arsenal and bringing it to a logical conclusion.”
Ibori was last Thursday arrested in Dubai by the International Police after he was declared wanted by the anti-graft agency four weeks ago, in connection with an alleged illegal disposal of 528 million shares belonging to Delta State in Oceanic Bank.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100516422440
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by rasputinn(m): 9:51pm On May 16, 2010
ILike I said earlier,I agree with the OP who's a moronic Ibori apologist by the way,that maximum force(execution)should not be employed in making Ibori pay for his grand theft,rather we should go soflty softly on him by allowing the Met police to bundle him in chains like the common thief he is,to face trial for fraud,stealing and money laundering in the UK first,after his trial and sentencing(hopefully to life imprisonment after securing a worldwide freezing of his accounts and assets),he should be extradited to Nigeria to face the 170 and 40 count charges preferred against him by the EFCC,when he's been tried and sentenced in Nigeria,he should now be extradited back to the UK to serve his life jail term,when he dies in jail,they should put him in a coffin and chain the coffin and send the coffin to Nigeria by sea (to ensure his corpse has such a long turbulent journey back to Nigeria) so he can serve out his Nigerian sentence
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by OAM4J: 11:07pm On May 16, 2010
pro01:

If the bold is your drift, fair enough, may be there is hope for you after all.

While I also wish that things should be done right, unfortunately we do not live in an ideal world, and if there is a nation close to it, certainly it's not Nigeria.

In this part of the world it's 'dog eats dog' or call it jungle justice. It is fine by me as far as all affected are guilty as charged.

While we work and campaign towards an ideal process, we will continue to celebrate each time one of the dogs eat another, may be, just may be, they will finish each other soon.

But to suggest we defend a guilty dog like Ibori or leave him alone because the process is not ideal enough to catch the bigger/other dogs is simply ridiculous
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by SapeleGuy: 11:21pm On May 16, 2010
The Ibori saga is coming to an end and justice will be done.
Do we have to wait for the conclusion of this case before others are chased in the same manner ??
Nobody who is guilty should be spared.
Who is next in this fight against corruption ?
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by OAM4J: 11:24pm On May 16, 2010
chidichris:

@sagamite,
in a corruption fighting country, a senator got married to a 13 yr old baby. in a corruption fighting country, a ruler slept with his daughter inlaw. in a corruption fighting country, a whole ship disappeared over night. in a corruption fighting country, bola ige a seating attorney general of the federation was assasinated without trace.  oh, we are fighting corruption.

Your case looks hopeless. I hope you are not beyond redemption.

Before you start executing your guilty self and all Nigerians, If you must must know, I laboured for every penny i have, 'cos my parent taught me the dignity of labour and I know there are many like me.

Am beginning to think you are a crook: a 419ner or an armed robber, now i understand why you think Ibori should be left alone, may be you are worse than him.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by SapeleGuy: 11:35pm On May 16, 2010
OAM4J:

now i understand why you think Ibori should be left alone, may be you are worse than him.

One man can not symbolise corruption in Nigeria, even if his name happens to be Ibori.
Corruption is an institution, therefore any serious fight against corruption must also be institutionalised. What we are witnessing here is an election witch hunt.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 11:53pm On May 16, 2010
OAM4J:

If the bold is your drift, fair enough, may be there is hope for you after all.

While I also wish that things should be done right, unfortunately we do not live in an ideal world, and if there is a nation close to it, certainly it's not Nigeria.

In this part of the world it's 'dog eats dog' or call it jungle justice. It is fine by me as far as all affected are guilty as charged.

While we work and campaign towards an ideal process, we will continue to celebrate each time one of the dogs eat another, may be, just may be, they will finish each other soon.

But to suggest we defend a guilty dog like Ibori or leave him alone because the process is not ideal enough to catch the bigger/other dogs is simply ridiculous

Thank you.

Brilliant post.

I hope he is educated from the bolded in particular.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by Sagamite(m): 11:58pm On May 16, 2010
OAM4J:

Your case looks hopeless. I hope you are not beyond redemption.

He is!

I have seen his posts over the past one year from Sports to Politics. Never makes sense to me and I have given up hope on him like Becomerich. He is just another Becomerich, who knits addled points together and end up with jargons which only the proponent believes in, like if they are living in their own world.

I suggest you take note of him in future and you will see what I am talking about.

Also note his obsession with OBJ when you do, somehow OBJ is the root of all Nigeria's evil.

OAM4J:

Before you start executing your guilty self and all Nigerians, If you must must know, I laboured for every penny i have, 'cos my parent taught me the dignity of labour and I know there are many like me.

Am beginning to think you are a crook: a 419ner or an armed robber, now i understand why you think Ibori should be left alone, may be you are worse than him.

He speaks for himself and those around him when he says everyone is a crook.
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by ayodot(m): 12:03am On May 17, 2010
Question: can someone tell me why other thieves ar not in custordy.
Ans: for us who are happy about ibori's arrest, we are not saying other's;ibb, obj, andy e.t.c are innocent. We all know the politics the antigraft ageny efcc is being used. I mean chasing some selected set of peoples percieved to be a treat to there ambitions.
What I'm saying is, if it will be because of politics that criminal, theives, looters, embezzlers,diverters, mismanagers would be procecuted,then so be it.
Because oneday those loyal to convicted party will also open there own cans of worms. Maybe we should heat up the polity. We could still remember that the heated polity was what brought about GJ acting presidency
Re: In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! by mbulela: 12:13am On May 17, 2010
MET, please don't hand him to EFCC o!
try him and if guilty jail him there.
we can even get the charges against him here to be quashed.
afterall, that is what will happen.
Just freeze his assets and jail him there if he is guilty.
Ibori if you get to jail in the UK please don't bend down to collect soap o!
It is dangerous to the backside o!
a word is enough for the wise (thief).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Soldiers Escort 4000 Fulani Refugees Into Cross River / NIA Storms Peoples Gazette’s Office, Demands Source Of Memo About Rufai Abubakar / Tompolo Denies Buying Warships, Alleges Blackmail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.