Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:20 AM

OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Alleged Sex-seeking Professor -punch - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Alleged Sex-seeking Professor -punch (400 Views)

Lagos Reopens Chrisland School As Probe Of Dubai Sex Scandal Continues / JAMB Launches 10-Year Probe Of UTME, To Get Those That Cheated / Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Alleged Sex-seeking Professor -punch by Orezy5(m): 8:17am On Apr 11, 2018
Femi Makinde and Afeez Hanafi

The Congress of University Academics at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife , Osun State, and the National Association of Nigerian Students have called for investigation into the alleged sex-for- mark scandal against a lecturer of the institution .

The congress said the lecturer , if found guilty of the allegation, was not fit to be in an academic environment .

This is just as the university authorities said a committee would be set up to look into the audio clip of the telephone conversation of the scandal with a view to verifying its authenticity .

The professor has been at the centre of a storm after the conversation, which centred around sexual overtures allegedly between him and a female student , went viral on Monday.

The don, in the four - minute audio clip , was heard demanding sex with the yet- to - be identified student five times before he could upgrade her 33 marks to a pass .

However , the student rejected the overtures on the grounds that the number of the romp did not commensurate with the pass mark the lecturer wanted to give her .

The conversation read in part :
Student: Hello Sir , Professor ( name withheld ) , yesterday you said something, but because I was close to my boyfriend , I could not say anything . You said you’ ve submitted it .

Lecturer: I gave you an opportunity and you missed it . Forget about it . You will do it next year .

Student: I was calling to confirm whether you were serious about it .

Lecturer : Me that agreed to do something . I know what I meant . If you don’ t trust me, forget about it . If I wouldn’ t do it , why should I give you audience in the first place ? If I am not interested in doing it , I won ’ t give you audience in the first instance . The other person has come and I told her straight away because there is nothing I can do to bail that person out and her own mark is even more than your own. The person scored 39 while your own is 33 . Only two people failed the exam . So , what else do you want me to do ? You can see it anytime you come , we are at Moro doing exam , we are doing MBA executive exam . They are just starting . I will finish by 4 : 30 pm and maybe 5 , I should be in the office . If you are ready , come by 5 pm … . Why did you tell me you were doing your period the other time ?

Student: I was really doing my period , Professor ( name withheld ) .

Lecturer: Stop mentioning my name ; and now nko?

Student: I am not doing my period again.

Lecturer: Your boyfriend has done it yesterday ?

Student: Is it every time that someone will be doing it with the boyfriend ? Is it every time you do it with your wife ?

Lecturer: Yes
Student: It ’ s a lie , not possible . So , ( Course) 411 ; what ’ s the plan now ?

Lecturer: Let ’ s have the first one today and then we will do another one tomorrow .

Student: Ehnn, se kini yen je bi ounje ni ( Is that thing like food )?

Lecturer: Our agreement is five ( times )?

Student: Is it D you want to give me or E ? Why would it be five times you will knack me ?

Lecturer: That’ s what I will do .

Student: Prof, you know what ? Let me fail it . I can ’ t do it five times ; for what nah ? No worry. Thank you, sir

Lecturer: You are welcome .

On Tuesday , the Chairman , Congress of University Academics at the Obafemi Awolowo University , Dr Niyi Sumonu , asked the university to investigate the matter .
He said , “ If it is established that this is true , the person , who perpetrated that does not belong to the academic environment . We are supposed to mould the lives of the students – males and females . ”

Also , the immediate past Deputy Coordinator of NANS in the South West , Mr . Saheed Afolabi, called for a thorough investigation into the matter .
He said , “ This is becoming too rampant these days and I want the management of the OAU to investigate this . Although we are still making efforts to know the female student , this should not be swept under the carpet. ”

The Public Relations Officer of OAU , Mr . Abiodun Olanrewaju , said the university would set up a committee to ascertain the veracity of the telephone conversation.
He said , “ We have listened to the audio and we cannot conclude on it now because this is the age of ICT ; anything can happen . The university has a way of dealing with such .
“ First and foremost, we will set up a committee to determine the veracity or otherwise of the conversation to establish authenticity of the characters involved . If those involved happen to be our lecturer and student as it is portrayed , the university has a machinery of dealing with such.

“ Let me make it clear , OAU has zero tolerance for sexual intimidation , sexual harassment and sexual coercion . So , we will not accept it from staff to students ; from the workers; from superiors to subordinates and even from students to students . ”

Efforts to get the lecturer to deny or confirm the allegations were unsuccessful.

When one of our correspondents visited his department on Tuesday , he was told that the professor was not around.

The PRO of the university also said that he did not have the telephone number of the lecturer .
His colleagues approached by our correspondent also denied having his contact .

http://punchng.com/oau-lecturers-demand-probe-of-alleged-sex-seeking-professor/

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons UNILORIN Is The Most Preferred Tertiary Institution In Nigeria / 20 Hospitalized, 1 Dead As Police Invade Osun Poly / The Effects Of Social Media Abbreviation On Students Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.