Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks (31765 Views)

Russia’s Missile Attacks: Zelenski Hiding Inside An Underground Bunker (Bursted) / US Election: Trump Tells North Carolina Voters To Vote Twice / Fact-checking Trump’s Address On The Iran Missile Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by jiorhemen(m): 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
US President Donald Trump told Russia in an early morning tweet to prepare for "nice and new and 'smart!'" missile attacks in Syria after an alleged gas attack on the last rebel stronghold in the country.

The tweet came after the Russian ambassador to Lebanon said in an interview on Tuesday with Hezbollah-owned al-Manar TV that "if there is a US missile attack, we - in line with both Putin and Russia's chief of staff's remarks - will shoot down US rockets and even the sources that launched the missiles".

Trump further chided Russia for its support of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in Wednesday's tweet, saying it "shouldn't be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!"

Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova responded to Trump's tweet saying: "Smart missiles should fly towards terrorists, not [Syria's] lawful government, which has spent several years fighting against international terrorism on its territory.

The warnings come as the United States and several European countries threatened to use military action against the Syrian government and its main ally, Russia, in response to a suspected chemical weapons attack on the rebel-held town of Douma.

Saturday's attack in Eastern Ghouta has killed dozens of people, mostly women and children, according to activists and local medics.

The Syrian government and Russia have denied that a chemical attack took place.

On Tuesday, rival draft resolutions by the US and Russia to set up a new expert body to probe chemical weapons attacks in Syria both failed to pass at the United Nations Security Council.

James Mattis, US defence secretary, did not rule out any military action against Assad's forces, while US ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley, warned Washington was ready to "respond" to the attack regardless of whether the Security Council acted or not.

Vladimir Shamanov, chairman of the defence affairs committee in Russia's lower house of parliament, said on Tuesday that Russia has "the necessary means for that and that Americans and their allies know that quite well", adding that a retaliatory strike could target US aircraft and naval ships, Reuters news agency reported.

Meanwhile, the Syrian government has put its forces on "high alert" amid the looming threat of a US military response.

With Russian military assistance, President Assad launched a bloody offensive on Eastern Ghouta, which had been under rebel control since mid-2013.

Since the start of the aerial bombardment campaign on February 18, the offensive has claimed more than 1,600 civilian lives, and has, through a series of deals reached with rebel groups, internally displaced more than 45,000 people according to the UN.

Trump later tweeted that Russian-US relations are "worse now" than ever before.

The president concluded by opening the possibility of a detente: "There is no reason for this. Russia needs us to help with their economy, something that would be very easy to do, and we need all nations to work together. Stop the arms race?"

Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/04/trump-tells-russia-ready-syria-missile-strikes-180411110830819.html

1 Like

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by SleakBuzzPR: 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2018
Trump after that tweet:

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by Timiblanko(m): 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2018
He is a man of action and a real man. how I wish we are ruled by Oyinbo

and not by this go slow and a poisonous man

To those quoting and abusing me am I not entitled to my option again?

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by jakD: 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2018
Trump is my man, I value him much but I think this decision is not best for now.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by HoodBillionaire: 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2018
The end of d world is near

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by huzyboy: 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2018
I wish well for all the Syrians suffering this act of war. It is unfair and it just doesn't make sense at all!

13 Likes

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by Jh0wsef(m): 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2018
shocked

NwaAmaikpe should be in this country now...

at least so that stupidity would end on NL.

It's one Blast.. just one blast

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by siraj1402(m): 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2018
If Trump claimed Assad is killing his people and enjoying it, is it not the same set of people Trump is planning to kill? When missiles were sent, will it kill only Assad? What Obama caused to Libya is still fresh.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2018
K
Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by JerryLegend(m): 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2018
cry Pray this World Cup taking place in June does not turn to mass murder. What amuse me most is that red neck telling his presido to STFU. Try that shit here you are labelled a terrorist.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by psychologist(m): 3:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
Whilst we can't contain ordinary fulani herdsmen, people are already preparing for 3rd world war
Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by justuschi50: 3:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
if us and Russia go to war it we b draw

4 Likes

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by donchi5050(m): 3:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by Timiblanko(m): 3:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
I just pray that there is no war. because that's when all this small small war will sprout out.
Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by Promismike(m): 3:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
Ok
Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by Monaco2(m): 3:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
Vladimir Putin

4 Likes

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by SoNature(m): 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
CNN, the fake TV network according to Trump, made us believe that Putin and Trump are friends. grin

Now, Trump is proving them wrong.

I like Trump for something: he's unpredictable

But if he fires Mueller, he's in trouble though grin

These cold war idiots should let us have some peace in our world.

The world is not ready for a third world war

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by maestroferddi: 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
For how long will these two so-called superpowers continue to toy with other peoples lives?

5 Likes

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by Tohzara(m): 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
America, the self-appointed arbiter on morality, on what is right and wrong, always being the one to determine who's the terrorist, and who's fighting for "freedumb and dumbocracy". Neither the US nor Russia is a saint. They're both criminal nations that chase their own nàked interests at the expense of others, and do not have the interest of the human race at heart. But the ridiculous thing about it all is America's penchant for painting Russia the villain and portraying herself as the do-gooder, despite her numerous atrocities which authorizations are dressed in noble language and committed in the name of "freedom and democracy".

All the Nations where America had forcefully overthrown the ruling regime in the name of installing democracy fared better under their "evil, despotic, dictatorial, autocratic" leaders than they did in the aftermath of America's gesture to "free" them from oppression.

NATO must not be allowed to turn Syria into another Libya, because if the rebels should have their way, like America is pushing for, things might turn out much worse than whatever undesirable things are happening now, and Russia with all its faults is doing well to prevent that outcome.

America has no right to violate the sovereignty of other states and support rebels and terrorists in another country against its legitimate leadership. In a country with equal military strength, it would be classified as detestable act of war.

No one is buying their stupid propaganda anymore.

58 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
America my new found country after Jerusalem

1 Like

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by jiorhemen(m): 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
SleakBuzzPR:
Trump after that tweet:
Lol, hmmm. But Trump says what he means and he means what he says

1 Like

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by ChangetheChange: 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
grin grin grin

Trump my man

Trump no send any body

Even Putin doesn't dare mess with Trump

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by Firgemachar: 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2018
That's my man! smiley

Sai Trump! cool

Americans can't be prouder of their country and president at this time. cool

All the same, I like both Trump and Putin. Both are conservatives who hate abortion, homosexuality etc etc

10 Likes

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by paulchineduN(m): 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2018
Do u think Trump is like Buhari who finds it a good thing to deal with armless people but capitulates at the mention of Boko Haram?

3 Likes

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by picowire: 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
Really
Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by webmaster0(m): 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
ok shocked
Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by saaron(m): 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
I side with President Putin, and Assad of Syria. Turning Syria into the next Libya must be rejected by all sane people in the world. If Assad falls, Libya will be a child's play!
This is the same Assad Obama and the witch, Hillary Clinton tried to remove from power without success thanks to Putin. Why do they want Assad out of power so desperately? Havent they learn from Iraq and Libya war debacle? The sooner America realized that Asad and Putin are not the problem, the better for them. How can they focus all their attention on little Syria when the bigger problem, Saudi Arabia is there sponsoring terrorist activities all over the middle east? Look at Yemen, what is American govt doing about the atrocities of Saudi Arabia in that country?
Leaving the snake to chase a small rat will spell doom for peace efforts in middle east.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by Holywizard: 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
Wow. Bring it on
Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by SUPOL(m): 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
Make una no start again oh, I never make money finish oh.

1 Like

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by slimpoppa(m): 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
its quite unfortunate that ordinary syrians are the ones bearing the brunt of this proxy war.

1 Like

Re: Trump Tells Russia To 'get Ready' For Syria Missile Attacks by visijo(m): 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
when two elephants fight...the .... Suffers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

SA Deploys Army As Country Descends Into Chaos Following Zuma's Arrest / US Senate Acquits Trump, Ex-president Cleared Of Incitement Charges / North Korea Fires Ballistic Missile Over Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.