Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! (47232 Views)

Avoid Pink Pussy Pills & Other Unregulated Sex Enhancement Drugs - Expert Warns / Kenyan Baby Starts Menstruating At Four Months, Develops Pubic Hair / Stop Using Saliva As Sex Lubricant - Medical Expert Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by osazee12(m): 7:19am On Apr 12, 2018
We way dey give head steady nkor
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by anibirelawal(m): 7:21am On Apr 12, 2018
FACTUAL.
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Originalsly: 7:26am On Apr 12, 2018
Clean shaved...trimmed.... and having a jungle down there are not the same....as shown in 3 pictures attached below. I can understand why a man would want the woman cleanly shaved... but the risks of infections would be to her.If it weren't for the media...most women would still be trimming. For Nigeria hot climate.... it is soo much more important not to shave to avoid yeast infection. If a woman is trimmed. ... then that cushion of hair serves as a vent between the opening and her underwear ...the heat can escape. If the woman is shaved clean.... the underwear serves as a seal ...down there becomes a mini oven....the heat is trapped inside and ehmmm...screws up the balance of the 'bacteria' on the inside. That imbalance causes yeast infection..... and have guys wondering how can a place look so clean but smell sooo fishy. Hair is there for a purpose.
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 12, 2018
Teespice:
its a lie oooo

that place will soon turn to rain forest if not shaved. if he said to trim the pubic hair, it would be better than shaving it all off.
Did you even read the write up or read read but no understanding?
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Ishilove: 7:44am On Apr 12, 2018
Imagine my shock when I learnt some people wax their pubic area. Brazilian wax, they call it embarassed
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Ishilove: 7:46am On Apr 12, 2018
Originalsly:
Clean shaved...trimmed.... and having a jungle down there are not the same....as shown in 3 pictures attached below. I can understand why a man would want the woman cleanly shaved... but the risks of infections would be to her.If it weren't for the media...most women would still be trimming. For Nigeria hot climate.... it is soo much more important not to shave to avoid yeast infection. If a woman is trimmed. ... then that cushion of hair serves as a vent between the opening and her underwear ...the heat can escape. If the woman is shaved clean.... the underwear serves as a seal ...down there becomes a mini oven....the heat is trapped inside and ehmmm...screws up the balance of the 'bacteria' on the inside. That imbalance causes yeast infection..... and have guys wondering how can a place look so clean but smell sooo fishy. Hair is there for a purpose.
Expert on all things puzzy

Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by kenyguy(m): 7:49am On Apr 12, 2018
Hmmmmm
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 12, 2018
Trash.

1 Like

Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by mechanics(m): 7:53am On Apr 12, 2018
That's true.
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by tunary(m): 7:53am On Apr 12, 2018
E be like say doctors self them confuse o
If you don't shave completely it may develop some offensive smell
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by erniewhez(m): 7:59am On Apr 12, 2018
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Sekcibeast1990(m): 8:06am On Apr 12, 2018
This message shouldn't be given to our Nigerian girls. Dat will wear pants, tight and now we jeans again. Abeg den imagine not shaving again OMG. I smell rotten egg.
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by annnikky(f): 8:14am On Apr 12, 2018
dtruth50:
women una don hear?
Na only women? U nko tongue
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Mcdaniels06: 8:14am On Apr 12, 2018
BUT THIS PART THOUGH...

“It is a viral infection that is also categorised as an STI. It affects the skin and does not need treatment; usually after a couple of weeks or months, the symptoms go away by themselves"

does it mean, it should be left alone and not treated, since it will go away by itself in few weeks or mont?

1 Like

Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Platony(m): 8:17am On Apr 12, 2018
I av neva bn a fan shaving off my public, i prefer trimming ryt frm tym. I jst dnt feel so comfortable shaving it al off.

1 Like

Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Moinoni123(m): 8:17am On Apr 12, 2018
MrPresident1:
Where is Adisababer, you don hear? Trim for people not shave completely grin
So Adisababer shaves people's pubic hair? Which kain babar b that one? Lmao
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Sixaxis: 8:38am On Apr 12, 2018
Pictures...or I don't believe it! undecided
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by DemonHunTER: 8:40am On Apr 12, 2018
Nna!

undecided shocked angry
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by BiggyBamBam: 8:40am On Apr 12, 2018
Liars, I have been shaving since 1980 and I not contracted any bacteria. I also advice my sons to shave theirs.
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by walter315(m): 8:50am On Apr 12, 2018
Ratello:
Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns!

An Abuja-based medical expert, Dr Arikawe Adeolu, has issued a warning to people who love shaving off their pubic hair.

Adeolu advised that it is safer to trim the hair rather than shaving it off completely as complete shaving can expose the skin to bacterial infection.

He added that the pubic hair served a major purpose of providing some level of cushioning for the individual, especially during sexual activity, preventing the skin from rubbing against another and causing abrasion.

“When you completely shave the pubic hair, it re-grows in a slanted fashion with the tip sometimes growing into the pubic skin, which can crack open the skin. 

“It is usually a small crack which cannot be seen with the naked eyes but due to this crack and loss of integrity of the skin at that level, there is increased risk of getting infection. 

“Complete shaving can also cause boil to develop in that region. This is because when you shave, you cause some level of abrasion in the area which opens up the skin.

He explained that if the skin around the pubic region was completely shaved and the individual’s skin came into contact with another person’s skin, friction would be increased due to the skin to skin contact.

He advised that individuals who were worried about the lack of hygiene due to untended pubic hair should consider trimming rather than complete shaving or waxing of the hair.

“These small openings cannot be seen with the eye but they are big enough for the micro organisms to get into the body. 

“Also, because the pubic area is always moist, this serves as breeding ground for organisms like bacteria.”

Adeolu said that trimming the pubic hair would also help to reduce the risk of getting Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI), which could also be contacted when fluid from an infected partner’s Instruments came into contact with the pubic area.

According to him, if the partner is already infected, the virus in the semen or body fluid can easily penetrate the skin of the other to infect the individual.

He said that this infection was mostly caused by a virus known as ‘Molluscum contagiosum’, adding that there had been significant increase in incidences of such infection in hospitals.

“It is a viral infection that is also categorised as an STI. It affects the skin and does not need treatment; usually after a couple of weeks or months, the symptoms go away by themselves. 

“You also have an increased risk of contracting other STIs such as HIV, Hepatitis, genital warts by complete shaving of the pubic hair,’’ Adeolu said.

https://www.naija.ng/995961-shocking-reason-must-stop-shaving-pubic-hair.html

abegi i like bololo on ma woman...to see road well... grin cheesy
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by gudnex22(m): 8:50am On Apr 12, 2018
dadebayo1:
grin... Confussion.. Shave ... Dont Shave.... Better to shave and stop carrying sambisa up and down.. Before micro organisms will turn the place to habitat
I tire
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by olowobaba10: 9:10am On Apr 12, 2018
'STOP SHAVING PUBIC HAIR'

Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by HomeOfMe(f): 9:10am On Apr 12, 2018
psyqs:
Which kind wahala be this again now, better shave abeg. some ladies are carrying dread down there.
..and those with gray hair.
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by bayocanny: 9:44am On Apr 12, 2018
lostluggage:
And i just shaved grin
Make I see the shaved area bro grin
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by hadjipapiey(m): 9:46am On Apr 12, 2018
The boil part shocked

That one na 3rd ball be that.. grin
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Chochovini: 9:47am On Apr 12, 2018
The good avice here is;-START SHAVING PUBIC HAIR and be happy.
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Justicealh3(m): 9:51am On Apr 12, 2018
Samusu:
Toh fa
na nupe Una bi
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Teespice(f): 10:02am On Apr 12, 2018
chisco82:
Did you even read the write up or read read but no understanding?
did you read what I told humility or you just want to talk?
please don't get on my nerves this morning.
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by effido666: 10:09am On Apr 12, 2018
Wat wil u trim wit.quote author=apeleone post=66628534]Noted[/quote]
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Nathaniel79(m): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2018
talk2percy:
My girl likes it completely shaved...I will start trimming then. Buh what about the scrotum side?
You can give that one punk hairstyle..it looks really cool..you shld see mine! If you don't like it, try dreadlocks.. it may be cause you some weight but at least you can get Rrrrrasta on...

Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 12, 2018
Headsmen and headswomen won't like this.
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by SmellingAnus(m): 11:06am On Apr 12, 2018
Doctor's recommendation or not I prefer the pussy hairy kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

James & John Ugwuoke: Conjoined Twins After Surgery Involving 22 Indian Doctors / Young Man Jumps Out Of Car, Starts Acting Crazy (VIDEO) / Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.