Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant (31345 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Yobaby: 8:58am On May 14, 2018
Hey everyone, pls wanted to know if 5k euro is to be blocked if you want a spouse or child to join you in Germany?. Or what is the cash one needs to block for a spouse or child to join you?

1 Like

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by DisturbingEU(m): 6:50pm On May 19, 2018
Nope...

Yobaby:
Hey everyone, pls wanted to know if 5k euro is to be blocked if you want a spouse or child to join you in Germany?. Or what is the cash one needs to block for a spouse or child to join you?
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Nobody: 8:47am On May 20, 2018
Damolux01:
About #4m...That's 8790€.
Please is it the total sum you need for an 18 months masters program in germany? Or do you need 4m every semester?..
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by CassieV(f): 10:50am On May 21, 2018
Reski:
Please is it the total sum you need for an 18 months masters program in germany? Or do you need 4m every semester?..
That's the living expenses for 1 year. Most German schools are tuition free, you'll only have to pay between 150-300 euros per semester depending on the school.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 21, 2018
CassieV:

That's the living expenses for 1 year. Most German schools are tuition free, you'll only have to pay between 150-300 euros per semester depending on the school.
I mean do you have to pay another 4m after the first year. if your program lasts for 18 months? Or is there a way around it?
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Damolux01(m): 4:39pm On May 21, 2018
Reski:
Total amount as you would be allowed to work when u get there.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Damolux01(m): 4:40pm On May 21, 2018
Reski:
I mean do you have to pay another 4m after the first year. if your program lasts for 18 months? Or is there a way around it?
No, you don't!
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Zeus201(m): 4:42pm On May 21, 2018
In respect of the 8,700 euros, I heard anyone staying in Germany as a citizen can give a document stating they can take care of your expenses and the embassy can except this and wave the block account thing for you.
Pls how true is this?
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 21, 2018
Damolux01:
Total amount as you would be allowed to work when u get there.
Sorry for the too many questions bros. Do you need to provide proof of sponsorship after paying into the blocked account.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by CassieV(f): 9:00pm On May 21, 2018
Reski:
Sorry for the too many questions bros. Do you need to provide proof of sponsorship after paying into the blocked account.
No you don't, you either use the Block account or the Sponsorship letter..
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by richieroxy(f): 9:02pm On May 21, 2018
Zeus201:
In respect of the 8,700 euros, I heard anyone staying in Germany as a citizen can give a document stating they can take care of your expenses and the embassy can except this and wave the block account thing for you.
Pls how true is this?

please somebody should reply this question because I have an uncle there though not directly related.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Chevronstaff: 9:06pm On May 21, 2018
richieroxy:

please somebody should reply this question because I have an uncle there though not directly related.
Visit this trend and ask your question https://www.nairaland.com/3941544/general-german-student-visa-enquiries/425
Many people are willing to provide answers to you there...
Viel Glück..
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Damolux01(m): 9:18pm On May 21, 2018
Reski:
No...it's either of the two.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Haryoureendey4(m): 10:30pm On May 21, 2018
doubletroublmum:
Hi I'm living in North Rhine Westphalia near Dortmund.

If you have finished university, you will get a residence permit I think of 1 year, so you will have enough time to find a job.
I can not tell about job opportunities now, cause i work almost 15 years in the same company.

I just heard that IT / computer technology offers a lot of jobs, aswell as anything in the technical field. They also look for workers in the medical field. pls can u be of help for exporting Africa sows fabrics male & female wears to Germany for trading? Another kul business for u there aside from ur job

There are also simple jobs like cleaning construction and so on but since many refugees/foreign people came to Germany in the last two years, you will face more applicants for such job. The better your qualification, the easier the job will be found.

In general life over here is peaceful, but once you get a job, you will work a lot. Germans like hard working people, they don't support laziness. You should try and learn the language. If Germans can't talk to you, they might not be ready to give you job (my personal experience).

Can u be of help by exporting Nigeria already sows fabrics wears to Germany for both male and female wears for trading? U take ur percentage and u send me mine......
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by lanre316: 9:40am On May 31, 2018
CassieV:

No you don't, you either use the Block account or the Sponsorship letter..

I see that you pm me on nairaland. I don't use email I use for nairaland anymore. If you want to reach me, you can quote me and give me your email or WhatsApp contact and I will get back to you.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by CassieV(f): 9:42am On May 31, 2018
lanre316:

I see that you pm me on nairaland. I don't use email I use for nairaland anymore. If you want to reach me, you can quote me and give me your email or WhatsApp contact and I will get back to you.
Thanks...
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by lanre316: 9:52am On May 31, 2018
CassieV:

Thanks...

Check your mail. You may delete your email address to prevent spammers from using it. Take care.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by chioma134: 3:15pm On May 31, 2018
DisturbingEU:
Good just start A2.2 few weeks ago and its nice so far grin

Jigba:

Yes, you have to take exams

I don't enjoy learning from the app, had to delete the app at one time.

I find YouTube great but Duolingo is good, would recommend!.
Please, is there anyone with an idea of any German language class in Abuja?. For those currently studying German, do you need to attend lessons or do you use internet solely? I hear of B1, C2 levels. How many levels are there and do we need to take exam for every stage? What is the average cost of learning and the exams? Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by DisturbingEU(m): 4:53pm On May 31, 2018
For German Classes its either u attend Goethe Institut or Enrol in a private Class...
At Goethe Institut u start from A1 and u write 3 tests which would be calculated, would determine if you are going to A2 or not. For me i did just A1 at Goethe before moving to Germany. I am about to finish the A2 class here and processed to B1 then write my B1 exam in less than a month. shocked

chioma134:

Please, is there anyone with an idea of any German language class in Abuja?. For those currently studying German, do you need to attend lessons or do you use internet solely? I hear of B1, C2 levels. How many levels are there and do we need to take exam for every stage? What is the average cost of learning and the exams? Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by chioma134: 5:09pm On May 31, 2018
DisturbingEU:
For German Classes its either u attend Goethe Institut or Enrol in a private Class...
At Goethe Institut u start from A1 and u write 3 tests which would be calculated, would determine if you are going to A2 or not. For me i did just A1 at Goethe before moving to Germany. I am about to finish the A2 class here and processed to B1 then write my B1 exam in less than a month. shocked
Thanks for your prompt response. Is there any Goethe institute class in Abuja? How many exams/tests do I need to take and what is the average cost?

3 Likes

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by DisturbingEU(m): 6:37pm On May 31, 2018
I don't think there is any Goethe in Abuja, but i would advise u to google search to know more.. and visit Goethe's website.. for the test in A1 u write 3 tests when u meet the actual cut off mark u can proceed to A2 same thing in the next class.

Then you write the B1 prüfung... cool

Last that i paid for A1 class 47k i think including textbooks

chioma134:

Thanks for your prompt response. Is there any Goethe institute class in Abuja? How many exams/tests do I need to take and what is the average cost?

1 Like

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by sheyman399: 9:57am On Jun 25, 2018
[quote author=Berliner1 post=67542553]

Please I sent you a mail. I have a situation I would like to discuss with you about a job offer I got in Germany. Hope to here from you soon. Tnks!
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Crescent101: 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
For someone applying to study in Germany(masters) with a course fully thought in English. Is it necessary or a must to go for German classes here in Nigeria? . *note*- There is English proficiency letter from my school.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Basiljoe: 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
Happy Sunday everyone.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Iamomolola: 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2018
[quote author=doubletroublmum post=66667136]Hi I'm living in North Rhine Westphalia near Dortmund.

If you have finished university, you will get a residence permit I think of 1 year, so you will have enough time to find a job.
I can not tell about job opportunities now, cause i work almost 15 years in the same company.

I just heard that IT / computer technology offers a lot of jobs, aswell as anything in the technical field. They also look for workers in the medical field.

There are also simple jobs like cleaning construction and so on but since many refugees/foreign people came to Germany in the last two years, you will face more applicants for such job. The better your qualification, the easier the job will be found.

In general life over here is peaceful, but once you get a job, you will work a lot. Germans like hard working people, they don't support laziness. You should try and learn the language. If Germans can't talk to you, they might not be ready to give you job (my personal experience).[/quote

]Good afternoon house, I heard computer /IT jobs are hot cake in Germany, which of the IT course do u advise I learn here in Nigeria before leaving. P. S certified in web design and currently learning python programming.
I ll appreciate your prompt response.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Adebashy(f): 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2018
seunny4lif:

Yes
You need a strong evidence now, even if you claim gay.
I saw them deporting Pregnant ladies back to Italy and Nigeria.
German ladies sees African guys as intimacy gadgets now same thing going on in Finland.

Is it pregnant women that are student or Aduro that they are deporting

What if a female student got pregnant during her course of study; will they deport her.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by seunny4lif(m): 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2018
Adebashy:

Is it pregnant women that are student or Aduro that they are deporting

What if a female student got pregnant during her course of study; will they deport her
Students case are different

1 Like

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Basiljoe: 2:47pm On Aug 25, 2018
How about starting a business in germany?

What type of business are most people into?

How difficult is the process?

Can anyone enlighten us please, for does of us with an Enterprising mindset.
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by nonyowen: 12:27am On Aug 26, 2018
Hi everyone I'm really interested in finding business partners. I have export license for Nigerian foods like ogbono, crayfish, egusi etc great quality and proper packaging. Anyone interested, I need contact for buyers restaurants, African shops etc pls help with any information on this.thank u

2 Likes

Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by Dutch2(m): 5:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
doubletroublmum:
Hi I'm living in North Rhine Westphalia near Dortmund.

Please can I pm you, I will be applying to Rhine-waal university next year, for undergraduate studies, would like to know more about housing and student jobs available there. Thanks.

I just heard that IT / computer technology offers a lot of jobs, aswell as anything in the technical field. They also look for workers in the medical field.

In general life over here is peaceful, but once you get a job, you will work a lot. Germans like hard working people, they don't support laziness. You should try and learn the language. If Germans can't talk to you, they might not be ready to give you job (my personal experience).
Re: Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant by usebog: 11:30pm On Sep 02, 2018
Dry land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

12 Reasons Why Italy Is The Most Racist Nation In The Western World. / Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos / Masquerade Hanging On A Moving Bus In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.