Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,583 members, 7,801,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? (768 Views)

Hilda Baci: Your Dressing Shows It's Not Just Food You’re Selling – Pastor / Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / Fornication Is Not Just Sleeping With Someone You Are Not Married To... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:18pm On Apr 11, 2018
How do I know the Bible is not just mythology? How can I trust the Bible when people are saying it is filled with myths?
Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by ilevic(m): 8:38pm On Apr 11, 2018
OLAADEGBU:
How do I know the Bible is not just mythology? How can I trust the Bible when people are saying it is filled with myths?

All you need do is to get rid of what people say, then read it meditatively so u can have ur own say. When you are done reading the bible from beginning to the end u will have your own say

Don't base ur judgement on what people say

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by LordIsaac(m): 8:43pm On Apr 11, 2018
Simply accept Christ as your Lord and Saviour and watch the Spirit confirm it.
Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by Obainoneandonly(m): 8:44pm On Apr 11, 2018
I dont know why you people will b focusing on d bible.saying all sort of tons,but won't dare say such tin abt d Qur'an.well I know say una dey fear

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2018
Obainoneandonly:

I dont know why you people will b focusing on d bible.saying all sort of tons,but won't dare say such tin abt d Qur'an.well I know say una dey fear

Don't be so sure. Check out this thread==> https://www.nairaland.com/3718094/how-witness-muslim
Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by Deicide: 10:55pm On Apr 11, 2018
How do I know the Bible is filled with myth? Because if I tie a purple cloth on a tree and allow my Goats to look at it while they copulate their offspring won't have a skin colour that's purple grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by OtemAtum: 11:03pm On Apr 11, 2018
OLAADEGBU:
It's a micture of myth and reality in the ratio 90:5 respectively. The Doctufos of truth is throwing more light on that.
Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by OtemAtum: 11:05pm On Apr 11, 2018
ilevic:

All you need do is to get rid of what people say, then read it meditatively so u can have ur own say. When you are done reading the bible from beginning to the end u will have your own say

Any book or any song or any gibberish you read, say or Sing meditatively will somehow get you into a different realm. That doesn't mean that what you read or sing is the universal truth. It's just the power of spoken and written words in manifestation.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 12, 2018
OLAADEGBU:
of course the bible is a myth (Jew myth for that matter)
how is it a myth.

1).Moses splitting the sea Whit his stick (doesn't seem's right)

2) Mary getting pregnant without a man involved( how is that even possible)

3) the devil try to over throw God his creator and lord( when he knowns he not powerful as his creator), but he still try anyway seems laughable.

4) lastly a man die for the sins of the whole word including Africans
(people he did not know)

it's looks more like myth than reality.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by hopefulLandlord: 4:54am On Apr 12, 2018
The bible contains stories like talking snakes, talking Donkeys, dragons, a piece of fruit conferring knowledge, witches, magic tricks called miracles, demons cause disease, zombies get up out of their graves and walk around Jerusalem, ghost stories, virgin birth, creator of the universe coming down to be killed by three nails etc

Does a book containing stories like these sound like a mythology book?
Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by ilevic(m): 11:35am On Apr 12, 2018
OtemAtum:
Any book or any song or any gibberish you read, say or Sing meditatively will somehow get you into a different realm. That doesn't mean that what you read or sing is the universal truth. It's just the power of spoken and written words in manifestation.
Well, any material that is not divinely inspired can't take u to any realm... It takes a divinely inspired books or song to go to another realm not just any "gibberish"
Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by OtemAtum: 11:49am On Apr 12, 2018
ilevic:

Well, any material that is not divinely inspired can't take u to any realm... It takes a divinely inspired books or song to go to another realm not just any "gibberish"

Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2018
ilevic:

What is your own say? undecided
Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by GRACEGLORY: 8:50am On Apr 13, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Read with an open heart and expectantly. Then, you'd know
Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33am On Apr 13, 2018
LordIsaac:

Simply accept Christ as your Lord and Saviour and watch the Spirit confirm it.

Have you already done what you are suggesting? undecided
Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42am On Apr 13, 2018
Deicide:

How do I know the Bible is filled with myth? Because if I tie a purple cloth on a tree and allow my Goats to look at it while they copulate their offspring won't have a skin colour that's purple grin

That should tell you that the Bible is more than a scientific book, it is spiritual in origin. cool
Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2018
Jesse01:

of course the bible is a myth (Jew myth for that matter)
how is it a myth.

1).Moses splitting the sea Whit his stick (doesn't seem's right)

2) Mary getting pregnant without a man involved( how is that even possible)

3) the devil try to over throw God his creator and lord( when he knowns he not powerful as his creator), but he still try anyway seems laughable.

4) lastly a Jew man die for the sins of the whole word including Africans
(people he did not know)

it's looks more like myth than reality.

When you talk of myth there is true myths. The Bible is not limited to the natural laws. It is supernatural.
Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:46am On Apr 13, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

The bible contains stories like talking snakes, talking Donkeys, dragons, a piece of fruit conferring knowledge, witches, magic tricks called miracles, demons cause disease, zombies get up out of their graves and walk around Jerusalem, ghost stories, virgin birth, creator of the universe coming down to be killed by three nails etc

Does a book containing stories like these sound like a mythology book?

Don't you evolutionists (fake scientists) believe and teach that humans are talking primates? undecided
Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2018
GRACEGLORY:

Read with an open heart and expectantly. Then, you'd know

Way to go! smiley
Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 13, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Don't you evolutionists (fake scientists) believe and teach that humans are talking primates? undecided
is this the level you have degenerated to
Re: How Do I Know The Bible Is Not Just Mythology? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2018
darkchild64:

is this the level you have degenerated to

www.livingwaters.com
"The Bible is a storybook, just like a book of Fairy Tales."

The Bible may look like a book of fairytales—if you deny the supernatural. A right understanding of the power of God opens the door to the normally impossible.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 14 April 2017 ·

(1) (Reply)

Theory Of Nations – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Dsc, DD. / The Most Dangerous Thing To Come From God Almighty If You Do This? / Meet S.african Prophetess Who Had A Baby & Got Married To Abuja Pastor, Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.