Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,161 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time (19535 Views)

Gnld Don Finally Catch Me. / Victim Of GNLD - Funny Meme / 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
This Nairaland account belongs to my alter ego. You might have seen him on some threads here in the comment section. Joblessness is what makes him on Nairaland most of the time, coupled with the fact that we both hate other forms of social media. Recently, we've submitted some applications online so as not to drown in unemployment.

Today, brothers and sisters, after receiving an email to an invite for an interview at a 'construction company', I was met with the shock of my life!

I boarded a bus from Opebi to Anthony, then to UPS bus top at Gbagada. I was running late. The 'interview' was slated for 9am and it was about 8:45am I found my way into the industrial estate stated on the address. I said to myself, 'how will your potential employers view this lateness, you don f up!' After asking around, I finally got the address. I received a call from the lady who invited me to the 'interview' asking where i was. I was elated! To cut the long story medium, I found myself in a crowded hall with certain people each screaming on top of their voices to small groups of people. As I looked around the hall knowing I've been scammed into wasting valuable transport fare, I found myself looking face to face with a huge poster that read 'Neolife' with GNLD written somewhere at the bottom corner. I felt h
deeply betrayed.

Fast forward to a couple of minutes later, my 'sponsor' was screaming on top of her voice, made up acronyms of words like JOB, SALARY, etc. I was just devastated. If I'd allowed Earthbound out, He would have created a huge scene, so I had him suppressed.

At the seminar, the speaker went on and on about how messed up it is to be an employee and not a 'freelancer'. I wasn't buying it. If I'm selling someone else's product, network people, under the same product, I'm definitely working for whoever is paying me at the end of the day. Maybe he was making sense but I was just madly pissed I was basically lied to. I'm not one to build anything, a relationship, business, on a lie.

I would like to know if anyone here has experienced this kind of thing. It has to stop. How can you lie to get an unemployed person's hopes up in getting a job only for you to turn around and ask him/her to bring N13250 to register for network marketing? That's just pure evil.

God is watching you GDNL people.

Modified

Please if you have experience with this, please share their various methodologies and possibly addresses to help other job seekers. Thanks.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by evy800(f): 9:19pm On Apr 11, 2018
My bro I feel ur pain

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Clementz0(m): 9:22pm On Apr 11, 2018
Op Ure Such A Gud Writer Honestly U Made Me Smile,,well Have Experienced It Twice I Just Acted Smart And Collected T~fare 4rm D So Called Sponsor Wit Promises I'd Be Back... Datx Hw I Disappeared!

122 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oga go and sell supplements, it might be your calling

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by ogwoliun: 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2018
Is it your first time? If yes, then wise up. Their email/sms cannot be compare to that of multinationals organisations/firms/companies.

8 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Islie: 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2018
I was scam with their SMS too when I was job seeking....

But thank goodness I didn't fall for their scam. What baffles me is that they would have agents as one of the students to come for the seminar and will pay for their products thereby deceiving those fainted in heart to fall for their cheap blackmail

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by IdeyFindWife: 10:17pm On Apr 11, 2018
Do they still pull such interview scams for real? And nobody's beating them?

I bet they felt they were "introducing the opportunity" to you grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 11, 2018
Clementz0:
Op Ure Such A Gud Writer Honestly U Made Me Smile,,well Have Experienced It Twice I Just Acted Smart And Collected T~fare 4rm D So Called Sponsor Wit Promises I'd Be Back... Datx Hw I Disappeared!

Twice?? How? Do they have more than one centre for that scam?
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 11, 2018
IdeyFindWife:
Do they still pull such interview scams for real? And nobody's beating them?

I bet they felt they were "introducing the opportunity" to you grin

Bro, I stayed to the very end. I was making a call in the compound, soon as I was done, someone tapped me and said 'Our top earner in Nigeria, director, the diamond 'something' wants to see you personally. I was feeling kind of special until I met myself in a waiting room with about 15 people who were told the same bullshît.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by IdeyFindWife: 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
Earthbound:

Bro, I stayed to the very end. I was making a call in the compound, soon as I was done, someone tapped me and said 'Our top earner in Nigeria, director, the diamond 'something' wants to see you personally. I was feeling kind of special until I met myself in a waiting room with about 15 people who were told the same bullshît.

Nigeria Director tongue
Who e epp? cheesy grin

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:26pm On Apr 11, 2018
Wen I was serving I did attend one of their seminar both gnld and some other scanners nearly part with my moni 4 registration but I thank God dat I didn't

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Trippledots(m): 11:33pm On Apr 11, 2018
in my case it was a supposed friend that decieved me...iv long cut ties with her sha....person wey fit lie to you because of GNLD, can sell you for the price of sachet water

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 11, 2018
IdeyFindWife:

Nigeria Director tongue
Who e epp? cheesy grin
.I just weak. I've been feeling like Juventus all day!

5 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by juwonloo(m): 12:27am On Apr 12, 2018
There is a,time, too I was searching for jobs, u get encounter with them, it was so painful, I wasted my little cash, and stressed up

4 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by ehinmowo: 5:07am On Apr 12, 2018
It happened to me rwice. One at Ilupeju and the other at Amaraolu (Ogba side). I still received one yesterday. A supposed company at Abuja. But ones is a mistake. Twice, a coincidence. But thrice is gullibility.

I can now smell them light years away. By d way, d GNLD company that sent me d last email is LIVE RESOURCES. I might be saving someone's t. fare.

Tips: how to knw dem
1. A text or mail without company name
2. Most of their names have RESOURCES in it
3. If there is a name, google search it with hyphen nairaland (i.e Live Resource company-nairaland). Nairaland has done wonders in exposing them
4. D customer care contact on d text or mail relunctant to gv info abt d company
5. Eagerness to reschedule your interview date if u cudnt make it etc

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 12, 2018
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique, please let's have people educated.

ehinmowo:
It happened to me twice. One at Ilupeju and the other at Amaraolu (Ogba side). I still received one yesterday. A supposed company at Abuja. But ones is a mistake. Twice, a coincidence. But thrice is gullibility.

I can now smell them light years away. By d way, d GNLD company that sent me d last email is LIVE RESOURCES. I might be saving someone's t. fare.

Tips: how to knw dem
1. A text or mail without company name
2. Most of their names have RESOURCES in it
3. If there is a name, google search it with hyphen nairaland (i.e Live Resource company-nairaland). Nairaland has done wonders in exposing them
4. D customer care contact on d text or mail relunctant to gv info abt d company
5. Eagerness to reschedule your interview date if u cudnt make it etc

2 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by phemmyfour: 6:06am On Apr 12, 2018
Earthbound:
This Nairaland account belongs to my alter ego. You might have seen him on some threads here in the comment section. Joblessness is what makes him on Nairaland most of the time, coupled with the fact that we both hate other forms of social media. Recently, we've submitted some applications online so as not to drown in unemployment.

Today, brothers and sisters, after receiving an email to an invite for an interview at a 'construction company', I was met with the shock of my life!

I boarded a bus from Opebi to Anthony, then to UPS bus top at Gbagada. I was running late. The 'interview' was slated for 9am and it was about 8:45am I found my way into the industrial estate stated on the address. I said to myself, 'how will your potential employers view this lateness, you don f up!' After asking around, I finally got the address. I received a call from the lady who invited me to the 'interview' asking where i was. I was elated! To cut the long story medium, I found myself in a crowded hall with certain people each screaming on top of their voices to small groups of people. As I looked around the hall knowing I've been scammed into wasting valuable transport fare, I found myself looking face to face with a huge poster that read 'Neolife' with GNLD written somewhere at the bottom corner. I felt h
deeply betrayed.

Fast forward to a couple of minutes later, my 'sponsor' was screaming on top of her voice, made up acronyms of words like JOB, SALARY, etc. I was just devastated. If I'd allowed Earthbound out, He would have created a huge scene, so I had him suppressed.

At the seminar, the speaker went on and on about how messed up it is to be an employee and not a 'freelancer'. I wasn't buying it. If I'm selling someone else's product, network people, under the same product, I'm definitely working for whoever is paying me at the end of the day. Maybe he was making sense but I was just madly pissed I was basically lied to. I'm not one to build anything, a relationship, business, on a lie.

I would like to know if anyone here has experienced this kind of thing. It has to stop. How can you lie to get an unemployed person's hopes up in getting a job only for you to turn around and ask him/her to bring N13250 to register for network marketing? That's just pure evil.

God is watching you GDNL people.

Modified

Please if you have experience with this, please share their various methodologies and possibly addresses to help other job seekers. Thanks.
Next time search for the following on Google before leaving your house:

1. The Company name

2. The Company address

3. The contact/phone no

3 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Clementz0(m): 8:13am On Apr 12, 2018
Earthbound:

Twice?? How? Do they have more than one centre for that scam?
yeah Bro They Do.. I Exp One At Palm Avenue "iconic Ace" Then The Other At Abule Egba Have 4gotin D Name
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by MissMich(f): 8:42am On Apr 12, 2018
My husband/wife - i have one too
My children - I have 3 of them
My job - I have one too
I am broke - that pushed me to make a decision

I am really busy - I was and am still busy
You are a risk taker - Breathing itself is risky and we all do
I don't have the time - We both have 24 hrs

I don't know anybody - When you have a party, who are those you remember to invite?how many people do you have on your contactlist? How many Facebook friends do you have?

I don't know how to market - You are marketing every time you forward/broadcast a message for free, direct people to your hairstylist, fashion designer...etc How many social media platform do you operate? Are you getting paid for using them?

I don't know how to sell - You sold yourself at the interview that got you your job... Basic instinct
I am shy - I was shy but today i can stand before people and talk

Network Marketing is not just a business it helps you become a better version of yourself.
Everyone has the same reasons not to join, but most of us decided we are bigger than our excuses, that is why we are where we are.

Dare to be different.
Dare to make a change.
Dare to be a better you.

Discard your excuses and embrace your strength
Everyone needs a PLAN B

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by sparog(m): 8:46am On Apr 12, 2018
I was almost scammed last week Saturday too, I was invited for this job interview and when u got there I met a group of other invitees there, we were given a test and later on the director of the whole poo came and was saying all sort of sweet statements to attract our attention, statements of how much we can get to make in a week, how our life will change within a week if we are employed only for her to tell us to pay a sum of 15k if we wanna be employed, totally discarding the results of the test we wrote because according to her we all failed it. I just picked my bag and left the place but some gullible onces still went ahead to pay.

8 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by ganie(m): 8:47am On Apr 12, 2018
With Nairaland's existence I am sure I won't fall for any of them. I have been receiving messages from many of them but I have never attended,I still received an invite from Rayview consults Ilupeju yesterday night and immediately I Google searched with Nairaland being my destination.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by fatymore(f): 8:53am On Apr 12, 2018
During my IT days.. A friend introduced me to it in the name of offering me a job.. I got there,sat down and listened to their lectures.. They even helped me to do flyers for free.. I promised to come back the next day under pretense.. Even saw a neighbor there... I know she would feel embarrassed....

Second encounter with them.. Was last year when I was looking for job.. I applied for the job though, because I saw the advertisement. When I was sent an invitation to come.. I was skeptical about the address but I summoned courage...I didn't even bothered to enter when I saw the place.. I ran immediately..Moya ya danu. Thats why any invitation from alapere ketu and co is a no no for me..
The job I am doing presently I would have missed it too cos I thought they were gnld because of the company's name... Was not even looking forward or prepared.. It was when I got to the environment I did normal...

For me these people need to be arrested. It is not fair to job seekers

17 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 12, 2018
phemmyfour:
Next time search for the following on Google before leaving your house:

1. The Company name

2. The Company address

3. The contact/phone no

I Googled the name and address, there wasn't a real website but a Vconnect page verifying the company. I'm telling you those people must be getting smarter.

4 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by tntvirginnoni: 9:27am On Apr 12, 2018
Network Marketing is an excellent business model.
A Company in Lagos with a great product is T&TVirginNONI at No 7 Akintan St, Dideolu court, Ogba. Lagos. Use promo code tng007 and get N15k extra with the Ultimate package grin
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by phemmyfour: 9:30am On Apr 12, 2018
Earthbound:

I Googled the name and address, there wasn't a real website but a Vconnect page verifying the company. I'm telling you those people must be getting smarter.
you can't use vconnect to judge now. Immediately you didn't see anything on your search,you should have known that its a scam

5 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 12, 2018
phemmyfour:
you can't use vconnect to judge now. Immediately you didn't see anything on your search,you should have known that its a scam

Brother I've learnt my lesson.

1 Like

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 12, 2018
MissMich:
My husband/wife - i have one too
My children - I have 3 of them
My job - I have one too
I am broke - that pushed me to make a decision

I am really busy - I was and am still busy
You are a risk taker - Breathing itself is risky and we all do
I don't have the time - We both have 24 hrs

I don't know anybody - When you have a party, who are those you remember to invite?how many people do you have on your contactlist? How many Facebook friends do you have?

I don't know how to market - You are marketing every time you forward/broadcast a message for free, direct people to your hairstylist, fashion designer...etc How many social media platform do you operate? Are you getting paid for using them?

I don't know how to sell - You sold yourself at the interview that got you your job... Basic instinct
I am shy - I was shy but today i can stand before people and talk

Network Marketing is not just a business it helps you become a better version of yourself.
Everyone has the same reasons not to join, but most of us decided we are bigger than our excuses, that is why we are where we are.

Dare to be different.
Dare to make a change.
Dare to be a better you.

Discard your excuses and embrace your strength
Everyone needs a PLAN B

tntvirginnoni:
Network Marketing is an excellent business model.
A Company in Lagos with a great product is T&TVirginNONI at No 7 Akintan St, Dideolu court, Ogba. Lagos. Use promo code tng007 and get N15k extra with the Ultimate package grin

Chai! See them o!

16 Likes

Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Krafty006: 9:46am On Apr 12, 2018
lol........Become a CEO.....invest in shoe biz, learn shoe making https://www.nairaland.com/4405075/new-designs
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by Lexusgs430: 9:46am On Apr 12, 2018
Oya, let's go dere....
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by ipobarecriminals: 9:49am On Apr 12, 2018
sad grin sad grin
Re: GNLD Happened To Me Today For The First Time by obaataaokpaewu: 9:54am On Apr 12, 2018
Lol
I have got their SMS several times and I didn't bother attending. So one day I was on facebook, a friend commented on a post about their organization(Arizona something something) looking for people. I already knew it was them, so I just sent an SMS to the number(I was already working )
Then when I was on leave, they now sent me an SMS to attend interview in Owerri and luckily I was in Owerri and it will be an Avenue to see that my guy and also my first time witnessing such 'scam'
That day, The large number of persons that turned up made me realise that many persons are either unemployed or underemployed (it cuts across all ages, because I saw men, women, boys, girls). Some wore suit, lol.
At the end of the day, it was the same old pay money so you will become a facilitator, you will go to places teaching them about health and some percentage out of the whole money realised will be yours apart from the monthly commission you will be getting.
When the Oga finished talking, they now asked if you know you have the money now to start, stand up. Many stood up, they went to one side and wrote their names.
Another group, if you know you can afford part payment, and you will complete the money before the equipment is giving to you, those group wrote theirs too. Itvwent on like that till it got to the pOint of "if you know you are interested but you don't have money", that was my group. So we were asked to write our names and phone number, I just dropped a wrong number embarassed

I stayed till the end, saw my friend, we talked, and he advised me to join( I didn't tell him I was already working), I said no wahala. Went to a restaurant nearby, ate, entered keke and went home.

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria – Key Factors To Consider / Comprehensive List Of Candidates Coming For Graduate Fair.(LAGOS) / ★ Job/Vacancies Section Awards 2016 ★

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.