Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,484 members, 7,801,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Companionship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Companionship (238 Views)

The Sweetness Of Companionship By Soibi Versatile / Marriage: Companionship / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(sat. 23/12/2017) Marriage: Companionship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Companionship by Julivas(m): 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2018
When I travelled with one of my Daddies, after talking for a while, I saw the need to get busy with my phone. So, I started pressing my phone beside him in the car. On our way, he started another discussion and I was replying him even though I was glued to my phone. At another time, he cracked a joke and I laughed still glued to my phone. Then, there was silence for a while. I didn't feel it because I was busy with my phone; replying to chats, checking people's status, viewing news feeds and all. He felt the silence because he was doing nothing but driving and that could be, in itself, tiring. We stayed like that for a while. Then, he broke the silence - "Flora, are you not supposed to keep my company? Why are you following me on this trip if all you want to do is to press your phone? Don't ever try this with your husband. It has ruined relationships." I felt bad. Was the period of silence that long? I tried replying to convince him that I didn't mean to but all I could utter was "I'm sorry Daddy" and I dropped my phone. After that day, whenever I'm with him in the car, I always remember that incident. So, I'll keep my phone away and start racking my brain for what to say to keep his company. If a human being feels that way, what about God?

You are on a journey with God in this life. The fact that He's the One driving you through the streets of life does not mean He doesn't need your company. He needs your attention at all times. He could have been signalling all the while to have your total attention but you've been replying Him with your busy mind; busy with diverse thoughts about life's accomplishments. Don't ever miss the signal. For instance, when you feel the burden to pray and your gadgets are also calling, you pick up your gadgets replying to chats and muttering some prayers. You laugh amidst your chats and assume seriousness again to mutter some more prayers. Tell me, are you praying or chatting or is there such word as "pray-chatting"? Don't ruin your relationship with God! Focus! Focus on your Maker! You will never understand how far apart you are with Him until you try to break the long forgotten silence. You'll then realise that you've got a lot of catching up to do.

Mark 12:30 admonishes _"...and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment"_. This means everything about you must be centred in God's love. You must be so filled with the aura of Christ that you shouldn't get distracted by the world. Not a single thing or decision should make you leave His presence. By His presence, I mean the consciousness of His existence within you. Not for a second should you forget you're carrying Christ inside of you. He is interested in everything about you, I mean EVERYTHING! That's how loving He is. _"We love him, because he first loved us"_ (1 John 4:19).

*Talk to Him. Walk with Him. Commune with Him. Complain about what you don't understand. Report situations to Him. Laugh with Him. Cry with Him. He understands all you are feeling within you and I assure you, He is the best person that can accommodate all your feelings. He's got the best antidotes for every situation.*

_*When last did you feel God's presence within you? Don't ever lose touch with Him. He's your first and forever love. Every other thing or person around you is only an occupant of a passing phase called life but God lives forever. Abide in Him.*_

*#MidWeekReflection*

*Flora O'seyi DAIRO*
*(Father's Courier)*
floraoseyidairo..com

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/04/18 / Marriage: Right Age To Get Married And Requirements Needed / David O. Olusegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.