Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Simple Strategy On How To Boost Your E-commerce Online Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Simple Strategy On How To Boost Your E-commerce Online Business In Nigeria (788 Views)

Forex: My Strategy On MT4 Mobile, See Wonders / Check Out This Forex Strategy On MT4 Mobile / With This Simple Strategy,you Are Ready To Kill The Forex Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Simple Strategy On How To Boost Your E-commerce Online Business In Nigeria by vickysomtee: 2:48am On Apr 12, 2018
Most people bring up ideas of starting an ecommerce business with the vision of selling some cool and amazing products that will enable them work on something they truely desire as an entrepreneur. Even with the early zeal, they end up not making it. Probably because they never took neccesary actions or they had no Ecommerce online Business Idea

Every online business can be successfully developed and built with different strategies, so those ecommer ce . This business isn't reserved for anybody, don't feel you stand no chance of making it. Maybe you failed in the past, that's no big deal.

I will be sharing the best strategy i have ever used in building an ecommerce online business. Its unique and might sound funny though, but be rest assured that this is the best method you will ever come across. You only need to take a chill pill, read carefully and understand it well.

Have it mind this isn't about creating or how to start ecommerce. I am only sharing a simple strategy on how i successfully boosted an Ecommerce business.

Before we embark on this journey, don't you think you might want to know what really ecommerce is all about?

What Is Ecommerce?
For a simple understanding, Ecommerce (Electronic commerce) typically refers to the buying and selling of goods and services, or transmitting of funds or data, over an electronic network, primarily the internet. Its is also simply referred to, as a platform for online shopping.

Amongst others, ecommerce is my most preffered online business. Why?
Unlike other internet businesses, Ecommerce growth potentials increases day by day. The world is going digital, internet is taking over everything, eveyone is going online. In this computer age, people prefer ordering their needs online, everyone assumes its more easier since you need not leave your home going in search of a particular product whereas you can get it online with its specifications and get it delivered to their door step within few hours.

According to a survey carried out by comscore, as at 2016, consumers make 51% of there purchases online, up from 48% in 2015 and 47% in 2014. Also in 2017, comscore also recorded that ecommerce accounted for 17.5 percent of consumers spending.

Shoppers cite numerous reasons for their online shopping preferences, including that it saves them time, makes comparing prices easy, dosen't require fighting through crowded stores and provides a larger variety of items to purchase.

Now you see why i prefer ecommerce to other online businesses? This is one of the greatest investment you can make, because the internet is taking over the world bit by bit and soon everything will be online. well, we hope so.

How do we get started for an ecommerce online shopping business

1. Ascertaining the product you want to sell. One reason why many people fail in ecommerce is because they sell products that bigger ecommerce companies also offer for sale.

It will be difficult to outrank these higher companies selling similar goods or services you also sell. Its will be cool if you opt in for products that are yet to be sold online or has little competitors.

There are many unique products you can think of. Here are few suggested product you could start with:

a. Musical Instruments
b. Sport kits
c. cosmetics and artificial hairs

Apart from these, there are also other product you can think of. Never make the mistake of selling similar products with higher companies. You might end up not achieving your aim. You can also decide to sell multiple product, but i suggest you start with a single product.After getting a firm ground in the ecommerce market, then you commence with multiple products.

2. When venturing into an ecommerce funnel, one certain thing you have to posses is an online store. An online store is a website or application which allows consumers to directly buy goods or sevices from a seller over the internet. With this online store, you will be able to showcase your products along with specifications and your customers orders and make payment for the desired products.

If you have no idea on web or app development, you could hire a web developer to render the service of developing an online store for you. There are also many online store building websites, but i personally recommend shopify for you to get started.

With the little knowledge we now have on ecommerce, i guess its high time we begin this tutorial (Embark on our journey)

Like i earlier said, i won't be discussing how to start an ecommerce online shopping business. This is just a simple personnal trick i used in boosting an ecommerce business and gaining more customers.

Introducing You To My Ultimate Trick

Its nothing other than SOCIAL MEDIA. Yes, social media. You might be questioning, why always social Media? As long as i'm concerned, social media is the growth foundation of every internet business. Anyone who operates any kind of business-online or offline-cannot ignore social media. Why?

There are 46 billion social media users-that's 1/3 of the Earth's population

92% of companies use social media for hiring new employees.

34% of social media users use social media to find contents.

27% of social media users use social media to research and find products.

People are on social media for an average of 135 minutes per day.

Poeple love social media. And its actually cool to meet them when they are spending their time online. I use social media to grow my audience and later convert them to customers

So how did i do this?

I started with these few necessary social handles

Facebook (Page)
Twitter
Instagram

Note: Use your desired company's or brand name to create the handles, not your actual name.

#Showcasing Your Products
This was the first thing i started with, i got different images from different companies producing the product i wanted to offer for sale online. For instance, i wanted to sell guitars. i searched for new and beautiful guitar images with their specifications and posted them on my social handles. I made requests to my followers on what they feel or think about the new guitar. Sometimes i post two new different guitar images, asking my them to make their comparison and decide the best out of the two. With these, i increased my audience and boosted the relationship between the company and their followers with the likes comments and shares. Never let them know your aim is to begin an online shopping. I made the followers feel it was just a social handle for guitar lovers.

While doing this, i promoted every image i posted on any social handle. In order to reach more people and get more followers.

#Advertising Your Competitors

This might sound funny. Yes, it does. At a point i had to follow those companies also selling guitars online especially the high ranking ones . I also went further to advertise the products they have in stock for sale on my social handle. At times, i retweet or repost their updates, mention them in some of my posts and also inform my followers of their upcoming events like their promos or products discounts period.

why do all this? By doing so, you increase your popularity and trust your followers will have for you. Customers will never patronize you if you are not popular and trustworthy. Seeing how you advertise these higher companies will make them beleieve you have a partnership with them. You see how it works?

#Creating your own promos

Like i said, never let them know you own or about to start an online shopping platform. Now i started something like a contest, where the winners win free guitars and i made the delivery to their doorsteps, took some pictures with them and posted them on the social handle. you mustn't be the one to make the delivery, you should have few agents to do so. By doing these, you are stylishly telling them your aim and also increasing your trust.

Yes, you might be at a loss at this time. But remember every business is about taking risk and then you reap with huge profits.

#Unleashing Your Aim

I time to convert your audience/followers to your customers. its time to let them no your real aim. Inform them about your online shopping platform, you can decide to preinform them on the launching of the website to see their comments. But i promise, you will get complementary and supportive comments. Start promoting your platform, your products and also keep on promoting these social handles, only through them you can get more customers.

Source : http://www.victoranene.com/2018/04/Ecommerce-business.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Any1 Got Approved Adsense Account For Sale / ... / Do You Own An Online Business - A Virtual Assistant Can Help You Save Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.