Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

"3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady (18192 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by CastedAyo: 4:35am On Apr 12, 2018
A London-based lady on Twitter with the handle @Diamsraven has taken to the micro-blogging platform to narrates how she was fired unjustly at her place of work for reporting a much older coworker for sexual harassment.

According to her, after filling the complaint, she was told something would be done but nothing was done. Rather, she was fired.

Read her tweets below;
"3 weeks ago, I reported a much older co-worker for sexual harassment, was told something was going to be done about it (nothing was done)

Today I got called to the office thinking that we were going to discuss the issue, instead i’ve been fired from my post.

Nothing in that meeting addressed anything I reported. Instead they all of a sudden feel that i’m not “right” for the post

I’m so angry. Not because I lost my job but because it took a lot out of me to report this man. I was scared that I would lose my job but I did it anyways knowing his long history with other female colleagues at our post and their similar complaints which has gone unheard

Have also found out the two female colleagues who had reported him had since left the post with no notice whilst I was away.

I have just been informed (with screenshot conversations where he was laughing at the fact that he was already informed of my firing) that the person I had reported was made aware that I would be fired from my post before I even knew anything about it.

I didn’t have much quarrels with my manager but this is highly unprofessional & just further lets me know that I wasn’t fired because I was not right for the job but because she favours a pervert instead

It is sickening to me how another woman (especially a mother) can literally treat another woman like shit for fighting for women’s rights"

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/04/3-weeks-after-reporting-a-much-older-coworker-i-was-fired-from-my-job-lady.html

2 Likes

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by RealBobBrisky(m): 4:37am On Apr 12, 2018
FTC

I donate this plot of land to all the Prospective Corps Members Batch A grin grin

1 Like

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by ImaIma1(f): 4:39am On Apr 12, 2018
Obviously the powers that be didn't like the reporting. They can be sued

9 Likes

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Goodplace: 5:47am On Apr 12, 2018
Is the coy. Genesis Cinemas? Because tgta is what is synonymous there

2 Likes

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by tetula123(m): 5:54am On Apr 12, 2018
Mind you, I am not saying the girl wasn't harassed but with the rate at which ladies claim one form of abuse or the other when ever it involves men(which sometimes are lies) , I am always skeptical about stories like this.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Taywon: 6:24am On Apr 12, 2018
Anyways, i got this from a G " politeness is rare , some people mistake it for flirtation
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by don4real18(m): 6:38am On Apr 12, 2018
Sue the company

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by donstan18: 6:46am On Apr 12, 2018
Maybe twitter will go and arrest the said man

16 Likes

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by hisgrace090: 6:47am On Apr 12, 2018
They're partners in what the man did, so you reporting one to them means reporting all.

They want to use you as a deterant to others, so that non can question their advances again.

If it is easy in Nigeria you can sue them to court.

4 Likes

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 12, 2018
Sorry girl. This is the way of the world. It's a sad one.
With this, I'm sure she'd get a better job offer.

1 Like

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Exponental(m): 6:48am On Apr 12, 2018
Maybe you are expected to deliver with your body. So Oga wanted a taste before you share. You probably failed the test. That coy is evil. Thank your star you left.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Preshy561(f): 6:49am On Apr 12, 2018
the manager and the pervert are obviously in a sexual relationship.
it's so glaring.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 12, 2018
Apparently, the offender is more valuable than you are to the company. They rather let you go than fire him

7 Likes

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 12, 2018
Next time ask us for advice before u act, not after acting. Uve lost ur job already, advice is useless at d moment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:24am On Apr 12, 2018
INJUSTICE.
WE WILL NOT TAKE THIS!!!

1 Like

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by ishowdotgmail(m): 8:24am On Apr 12, 2018
Na everyday we dey hear new story for twitter. Nawa ooo undecided
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by swiz123(m): 8:24am On Apr 12, 2018
Maybe you were grossly incompetent at work and the man want you compensate them with your nunu.

When you refused, they agreed that you were worthless to them.

I stand with the management on this.

You can't be useless on both fronts

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Promismike(m): 8:24am On Apr 12, 2018
The Worse happen in Naija.

The employers see it as they are doing you a favour and can have your pussy as well.

In their mind the think " don't you knw their's no job and the one you hav or looking for, you no fit give your pusssy to preserve am or get am"
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Kingsley1000(m): 8:24am On Apr 12, 2018
STUPID GIRL,SINCE U WANT AN INCREMENT IN REMUNERATION,WHY WOULD U EXPOSE THE SEXUAL ASSULT BY UR BOSS...most guys are forced to pay money to secure a job,some got bleeped by the female boss,none of them complained
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 12, 2018
Exactly the same way some lecturers will frustrate the girl that got the so called prof on record.

2 Likes

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by mayorkyzo: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2018
I wouldn't jump to conclusion since did not hear the whole story.. A whole lot of things can be considered as sexual harassment..he might simply be asking the lady for a date or flirting with her and she claims sexual harassment..

2 Likes

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by castrol180(m): 8:29am On Apr 12, 2018
sexuality is the order of the day...
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Xisnin(m): 8:29am On Apr 12, 2018
tetula123:
Mind you, I am not saying the girl wasn't harassed but with the rate at which ladies claim one form of abuse or the other when ever it involves men(which sometimes are lies) , I am always skeptical about stories like this.

That is what you are saying and that is what you say in every case where a pervert is reported.
You are not alone though, there are others like you who undermines every harassment story because
they are scared of being outed themselves.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Lexusgs430: 8:30am On Apr 12, 2018
Simple.... Take it to an employment tribunal........
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by stubbornman(m): 8:32am On Apr 12, 2018
women are the only problem women have sad sad

1 Like

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by omoadeleye(m): 8:32am On Apr 12, 2018
you already know that your fired is inevitable if you should report yet you go on and report, now you are fired, cant you try and use your brain to settle this privately before casting your sh*ts out, so you want to make a report so that they can fire the other guy? well, the guy has a sexuall feelings for you, he is just weird that he dosnt know how to place it to you to your taste, you called it sexual harrasment but the man will be thinking of being romantic, he was just determined of finding every possible means of chopping your kpomo, so next time you should always try and settle things amicably, this sexual feelings and not a murder case dumbass
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by ifyalways(f): 8:34am On Apr 12, 2018
In Rondon? Rondon? Who would have believed cheesy

Women pulling down women.
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by mhisbliss(f): 8:36am On Apr 12, 2018
Maybe the guy is invaluable in the organization and he's also rendering invaluable services in za oza room, its called diplomatic immunity, maybe she lied theres three sides to every story, your side, his side, the truth
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Timiblanko(m): 8:42am On Apr 12, 2018
I don't know for naija o. fowl play everywhere. you should have continue posting him if the disturbance is much. .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things You Should Never Say To Your Employees. / NAAPE Shuts Down Bristow Helicopters Over Sack Of 13 Nigerian Pilots,10 Engineer / N150,000 Job Or Fully Funded Scholarship For Masters In Malaysia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.