Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? (77123 Views)

Are Jehovah Witness People Real Christians? / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 4:29pm On Apr 14, 2018
Riofidelio:
When people go out to look for money they're 100% alert and intelligent ready to undergo all sort of training just to earn money. But when it comes to matters involving God they'll become lazy,stupid,gullible,blind,deaf and dumb! If your Pastors taught you not to listen to Jehovah's witnesses, did they also remove your brains so that you can't even think straight again? You've spent days discussing with someone, asking questions and saying what you know and by the end of the day you're now asking the person you've discovered to be a LIAR if he's "born again"!

So at the end of the day you avoid answering the question because you don't want to disobey your gb orders saying they (gb) are the only ones that are born again and are the only ones that are brothers of Christ and sons of God whereas bible has made all Christians entitled to all these privileges. Your governing body has told you it is for only them and not you.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 4:30pm On Apr 14, 2018
Riofidelio:
Neither will i tell you by what authority i've spoken! Matthew 21:27 Eyes you have but not seeing! Ears you have but not hearing! If you're so sure that i've been lying all this while as you claim to be born again having the Spirit of God yet you're not judging me,then why asking a LIAR if he's born again? Oponu Olodo!

Just say you don't want to disobey your gb orders. Instead of avoiding questions being asked
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Just say you don't want to disobey your gb orders. Instead of avoiding questions being asked
Hallelujah! It's pointless arguing with you because you hate God's inspired expressions and you're always willing to debunk it along with those who are earnestly searching for pure worship. That's why i'm avoiding you, i'll talk sense into those that still have deep respect for God's word who have been led astray but as for you i'll do exactly what Jesus did before those killer agents of Satan, He remain silent because that's the best answer for a fool who has nothing to gain from Satan yet fighting for the Devil! Matthew 26:62/63
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Jozzy4: 5:31pm On Apr 14, 2018
deebrain:

There was never a creation OF the word. The word WAS WITH GOD!

Get your facts right, Jesus was Created (Rev 3:14) he is the beginning OF CREATION by God

Jesus is the word doesn't mean he is the literal utterance coming out of God, unless you want to tell us God could not speak again when Jesus died for three days , Do you believe that ?

1 Like

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 14, 2018
Jozzy4:

Get your facts right, Jesus was Created (Rev 3:14) he is the beginning OF CREATION by God

Jesus is the word doesn't mean he is the literal utterance coming out of God, unless you want to tell us God could not speak again when Jesus died for three days , Do you believe that ?
The Antichrist have taught all Anti~Christians that Jesus is God! Spiritually speaking the Antichrist is diverting their minds away from Salvation! How? Christ means Messiah(God's Son) of course you can exert your mental abilities to put on the personality of God's son but nobody can put on God's personality so they'll remain in their unreasonableness and die as sinners!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 14, 2018
salvation101:
Emperor Constantine as a Christian convert put a stop to the killing of Christians and made Christianity the official religion of the Roman empire...
Are you a part of that religion?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 7:28pm On Apr 14, 2018
Jozzy4:

What did God say when Jesus died and went to the grave? What did God say when Jesus was hanging on the cross?

NOTHING!! TOTAL SILENCE!!

2corinthians 5 vs 19. God was in Christ, RECONCILING THE WORLD TO HIMSELF!!

God said a lot of literal utterances. He regretted. He reasoned. He said even funny expressions. All contained in your Bibles. THE WORD OF GOD is not just His mere talk. IT'S HIS ACTIVE WORD---WHEN EVER HE SPOKE AND IT BECAME.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 7:37pm On Apr 14, 2018
Riofidelio:
The Antichrist have taught all Anti~Christians that Jesus is God! Spiritually speaking the Antichrist is diverting their minds away from Salvation! How? Christ means Messiah(God's Son) of course you can exert your mental abilities to put on the personality of God's son but nobody can put on God's personality so they'll remain in their unreasonableness and die as sinners!

You are just talking crap. And hey, direct your mentions to me...

And I will always have an answer for you.

1 john 4 vs 3..

Any spirit that denies that Jesus Christ IS FROM GOD is the spirit of the Antichrist.

Funnily, that scripture does even not mention "Son" which He is. It means any spirit that does not recognize the DIVINITY OF THE PERSON OF JESUS CHRIST is the Antichrist.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 8:01pm On Apr 14, 2018
Riofidelio:

Messiah means SAVIOR OR DELIVERER.
And do you know that even Muslims believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah?

They however only regard him as a prophet and reject any association of divinity concerning him.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 14, 2018
deebrain:

1 john 4 vs 3..

Any spirit that denies that Jesus Christ IS FROM GOD is the spirit of the Antichrist.

Funnily, that scripture does even not mention "Son" which He is. It means any spirit that does not recognize the DIVINITY OF THE PERSON OF JESUS CHRIST is the Antichrist.
Aren't you the antichrist for rejecting that Jesus IS FROM God?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 8:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
removetheturban:
Aren't you the antichrist for rejecting that Jesus IS FROM God?

John 1 vs 14 The word became fresh and dwelt with us.

There was never an argument of Jesus Christ being from God.

He, on earth, on assignment, is from God. And I count it as an honour calling me Antichrist for showing you scriptures you deliberately reject and avoid to back up stupidity.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 14, 2018
I will ignore the insult and dwell on the first two lines.
deebrain:

John 1 vs 14 The word became fresh and dwelt with us.
If the word became flesh, whose word?
deebrain:

There was never an argument of Jesus Christ being from God.
If Jesus is From God, what else are you saying?
Jesus is + from God
You are + from your father
He is + from Nigeria

A son cannot birth the father + the father can birth the son
[/quote]
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Jozzy4: 8:39pm On Apr 14, 2018
deebrain:

What did God say when Jesus died and went to the grave? What did God say when Jesus was hanging on the cross?

NOTHING!! TOTAL SILENCE!!

2corinthians 5 vs 19. God was in Christ, RECONCILING THE WORLD TO HIMSELF!!

God said a lot of literal utterances. He regretted. He reasoned. He said even funny expressions. All contained in your Bibles. THE WORD OF GOD is not just His mere talk. IT'S HIS ACTIVE WORD---WHEN EVER HE SPOKE AND IT BECAME.

I was actually trying to see if you know what you are saying, Now I know you don't

When Jesus was baptized, how was God still able to speak if Jesus is the literal word?

1 Like

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:40pm On Apr 14, 2018
removetheturban:
I will ignore the insult and dwell on the first two lines. If the word became flesh, whose word?
Jesus is + from God
He is + from Nigeria

There was never a time they said the son was the father
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 9:43pm On Apr 14, 2018
Jozzy4:

I was actually trying to see if you know what you are saying, Now I know you don't

When Jesus was baptized, how was God still able to speak if Jesus is the literal word?

Oga. literal word....This is my beloved son in whom I am pleased with.

literal word....Genesis 18 vs17, should I not tell Abraham what I intend to do knowing he will instruct his etc etc etc..

etc etc etc...

Active word --LET THERE BE LIGHT! and THERE WAS LIGHT!

It is because you are the unfortunate ones that don't know between mere expression of words and active or living words.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 9:49pm On Apr 14, 2018
removetheturban:
I will ignore the insult and dwell on the first two lines. If the word became flesh, whose word?
Jesus is + from God
He is + from Nigeria

I accepted the insult of being the Antichrist as a complement and gave you one in good measure.

The word as human on earth, in form of human beings--Jesus-- is referred correctly as the Son of God.

The word as in the beginning IS GOD HIMSELF. John 8 vs 54
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 14, 2018
deebrain:

I accepted the insult of being the Antichrist as a complement and gave you one in good measure.

The word as human on earth, Jesus, is referred correctly as the Son of God.

The word as in the beginning IS GOD HIMSELF. John 8 vs 54
I only asked a simple question and the onus was on you to compare your response to the Bible verse that you quoted.
Now, Jesus being the word. Whose word?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 9:58pm On Apr 14, 2018
removetheturban:
I only asked a simple question and the onus was on you to compare your response to the Bible verse that you quoted.
Now, Jesus being the word. Whose word?

God's word.

Next time ask your "simple questions" as interacting with someone that knows a bit, and not as though you guys have the final definition of scripture.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2018
If the word is God's word, why did you say that the word is God himself?

God's word.

Teacher's son

President's speech

Is the apostrophe with the letter 's' not taught in English as the possessive form?

Is it not used to show the relationship between one thing and another?

Do you believe that there is a relationship between God and Jesus?
deebrain:

God's word.

Next time ask your "simple questions" as interacting with someone that knows a bit, and not as though you guys have the final definition of scripture.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 10:14pm On Apr 14, 2018
removetheturban:

God's word.

Teacher's son

President's speech

Is the apostrophe with the letter 's' not taught in English as the possessive form?

You are going to shoot yourself in the foot.

Answer this known fact...

Tell me...Who raised Jesus Christ from the dead?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
Jehovah God
deebrain:

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 14, 2018

God's word.

Teacher's son

President's speech

Please, answer my question. I need to know where you stand
deebrain:

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 10:21pm On Apr 14, 2018
removetheturban:
Jehovah God

True. 1 Corinthians 15 vs 12--17.

But hear another truth, The Spirit of God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Roman 8 vs 11.

But another truth again, Jesus Christ raised Himself from the dead. John 2 vs19-21....
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2018
removetheturban:

God's word.

Teacher's son

President's speech

Please, answer my question. I need to know where you stand

Perfect relationship.

As a human has his spirit, in a soul and dwelling in a body, So also God the Father, has His word and His spirit. Despite 3 features, God is One person.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 14, 2018
This does not lead to the question that I asked.
deebrain:

True. 1 Corinthians 15 vs 12--17.
1 Corinthians 15 vs 12--17
12 Now if it is being preached that Christ has been raised from the dead,+ how is it that some among you say there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 If, indeed, there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised up. 14 But if Christ has not been raised up, our preaching is certainly in vain, and your faith is also in vain. 15 Moreover, we are also found to be false witnesses of God,+ because we have given witness against God by saying that he raised up the Christ,+ whom he did not raise up if the dead are really not to be raised up. 16 For if the dead are not to be raised up, neither has Christ been raised up. 17 Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you remain in your sins.
deebrain:

But hear another truth, The Spirit of God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Roman 8 vs 11.
The Bible says that Jehovah is the spirit. Spirit of God is God's force.
Luke 1:35 In answer the angel said to her: “Holy spirit will come upon you,+ and power of the Most High will overshadow you. And for that reason the one who is born will be called holy, God’s Son.
Micah 3:8 As for me, I am filled with power by the spirit of Jehovah,...
2 Corinthians 3:17 Jehovah is the spirit
deebrain:

But another truth again, Jesus Christ raised Himself from the dead. John 2 vs19-20....
I highlighted your heresy above. No verse in the Bible ever said that Jesus raiseD himself.
Be very careful! I will raise and I RAISED are not the same. What the Bible actually said is found in Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth(and type with your fingers*), "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Do you want to be saved?

Do you think that you can be saved by holding on to a belief contrary to what Jesus gave to his apostles to preserve for your salvation?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 14, 2018
If you believe that there is a relationship then it takes two to tango.
Your emphasis does not buttress your logic
deebrain:

Perfect relationship.

As a human has his spirit, in a soul and dwelling in a body, So also God the Father, has His word and His spirit. Despite 3 features, God is One person.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 11:07pm On Apr 14, 2018
removetheturban:
This does not lead to the question that I asked. 1 Corinthians 15 vs 12--17
12 Now if it is being preached that Christ has been raised from the dead,+ how is it that some among you say there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 If, indeed, there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised up. 14 But if Christ has not been raised up, our preaching is certainly in vain, and your faith is also in vain. 15 Moreover, we are also found to be false witnesses of God,+ because we have given witness against God by saying that he raised up the Christ,+ whom he did not raise up if the dead are really not to be raised up. 16 For if the dead are not to be raised up, neither has Christ been raised up. 17 Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you remain in your sins. The Bible says that Jehovah is the spirit. Spirit of God is God's force.
Luke 1:35 In answer the angel said to her: “Holy spirit will come upon you,+ and power of the Most High will overshadow you. And for that reason the one who is born will be called holy, God’s Son.
Micah 3:8 As for me, I am filled with power by the spirit of Jehovah,...
2 Corinthians 3:17 Jehovah is the spirit
I highlighted your heresy above. No verse in the Bible ever said that Jesus raiseD himself.
Be very careful! I will raise and I RAISED are not the same. What the Bible actually said is found in Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth(and type with your fingers*), "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Do you want to be saved?

Do you think that you can be saved by holding on to a belief contrary to what Jesus gave to his apostles to preserve for your salvation?

The first meant, I agreed with you. He was raised by God.

Second..you still throw scripture around as if it did not explain itself. There is the spirit of God who is the first of the God head hovering the waters even before God started talking. Genesis 1 vs 2. God is a spirit and He has yet a Spirit. Acts 13 vs 2 they minister to God AND THE HOLY SPIRIT SPEAKS!

So it means to you, Jesus merely bragged that He would raise himself and was not truthful. If he said "God will raise me up", the Jews won't have a problem with him. He said he will raise himself--the Jews knew what he meant! that is considered blasphemy--attributing God like abilities to yourself.

And yes, WHO IS A LORD??!! WHO IS LORD (you all quote this expression even without knowing what you are saying)... Jesus is Lord, Jesus is Lord.....and yet you don't know the weight of what you are attributing to Him.

God raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

The Holy spirit raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

Jesus Christ raised himself from the dead.

deal with it.

You offer me salvation and even you that is saved does not understand the personality behind the salvation. Take those unedited Bibles and study for yourselves individually. Not just throwing scriptures to justify crap.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 14, 2018
OK
deebrain:

Second..you still throw scripture around as if it did not explain itself. There is the spirit of God who is the first of the God head hovering the waters even before God started talking. Genesis 1 vs 2. God is a spirit and He has yet a Spirit. Acts 13 vs 2 they minister to God AND THE HOLY SPIRIT SPEAKS!

So it means to you, Jesus merely bragged that He would raise himself and was not truthful. If he said "God will raise me up", the Jews won't have a problem with him. He said he will raise himself--the Jews knew what he meant! that is considered blasphemy--attributing God like abilities to yourself.

And yes, WHO IS A LORD??!! WHO IS LORD (you all quote this expression even without knowing what you are saying)... Jesus is Lord, Jesus is Lord.....and yet you don't know the weight of what you are attributing to Him.

deal with it.

You offer me salvation and even you that is saved does not underground the personality behind the salvation. Take those unedited Bibles and study for yourselves individually. Not just throwing scriptures to justify crap.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 11:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
removetheturban:
If you believe that there is a relationship then it takes two to tango.
Your emphasis does not buttress your logic

It does.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by haywizzy007(m): 11:21pm On Apr 14, 2018

deal with it.

You offer me salvation and even you that is saved does not underground the personality behind the salvation. Take those unedited Bibles and study for yourselves individually. Not just throwing scriptures to justify crap.
Three entities resurrected Jesus Christ??
Nothing we no go hear for dis world!
Are you saying God is mysterious?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 14, 2018
deebrain:

deal with it.

Is it only on Social media that you're pouring out all this "wisdom"? Why not go to people's homes just as Jesus commanded His own followers then you'll experience all that Jesus said His followers will encounter while doing His work! Notice that the first century Christians were rejoicing greatly after experiencing criticism and persecution from religious leaders, so you can't just sit down in your room and start typing all these, as far as i'm concerned you're not a Christian without confirming by experiencing EXACTLY what He said His true followers will face!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 12:09am On Apr 15, 2018
Riofidelio:
Is it only on Social media that you're pouring out all this "wisdom"? Why not go to people's homes just as Jesus commanded His own followers then you'll experience all that Jesus said His followers will encounter while doing His work! Notice that the first century Christians were rejoicing greatly after experiencing criticism and persecution from religious leaders, so you can't just sit down in your room and start typing all these, as far as i'm concerned you're not a Christian without confirming by experiencing EXACTLY what He said His true followers will face!

Typical way you guys will respond.... I saw it coming.

I am totally Anti Religious. And it is a shame to all of you online with all your quotes and scriptures.

Christians, Muslims and anyone that wants to succeed in anything or any course, MUST BE persecuted. They (like the early church) encountered something divine and wish to spread it to an environment ignorant of the encounter.

Many of you have NEVER encountered the God you claim to preach. The persecution you people face is not for your evangelism of truth, as seen here, but evangelism of what you think is truth. And with good grammar, big words of supposed research, and fanatical zeal, want to force it on people.

How on earth will you boldly go on evangelical campaigns in the name of Jesus Christ and yet preach Jesus Christ as the lesser?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply)

"The Mansion Apostle Suleman Bought For Daniella Okeke In Lagos Cost Him N160m" / Is Kissing And Hugging Sinful In Christian Courtship? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.