Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,882 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Eckanker And Soul Travel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eckanker And Soul Travel (9039 Views)

Soul Travel And It's Meaning / The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' / African Witchcraft/astral Projection/soul Travel/obe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eckanker And Soul Travel by xazanderfex(m): 2:49pm On May 13, 2010
Every religion belives that it is good nd there nothing wrong with its practice. How true is this about eckanker.Is it really religion of LIGHT and sound of God.
How real is soul travel and how does one travel because i wil really love to.
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by benodic: 7:44am On May 14, 2010
if you want information about Eckankar you can go to their website at www.eckankar.org.

there are free books you can download there that will give you more information about soul travel and other areas that Eckankar teaches about.

thanks
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by VALIDATOR: 4:19pm On May 14, 2010
@poster,
do not be deceived with magic/superstition.use you brain and reason logically on better things.THERE IS NO SOUL TRAVELING ANYWHERE.

If soul travel were real,
1.don't you think at least one person would have soul-traveled to know and boldly tell us where Yar'adua was when the whole nation didn't know his whereabout?
2. don't you think at least one person would have soul-traveled to know where Osama was/is.
3.don't you think at least one person would have soul-traveled to know the exact location of fortunes that may have been lost in ship wrecks.

Stop day dreaming guy.Wake wake,
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by benodic: 11:59pm On May 14, 2010
soul traveling is not used for political purposes.

soul travel enables you to visit the heavens of God and learn directly from the various temples there and also learn directly from spiritual masters.

the aim is to make you a better channel for God's love.
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 15, 2010
VALIDATOR:

@poster,
do not be deceived with magic/superstition.use you brain and reason logically on better things.THERE IS NO SOUL TRAVELING ANYWHERE.

1.don't you think at least one person would have soul-traveled to know and boldly tell us where Yar'adua was when the whole nation didn't know his whereabout?
2. don't you think at least one person would have soul-traveled to know where Osama was/is.
3.don't you think at least one person would have soul-traveled to know the exact location of fortunes that may have been lost in ship wrecks.

U speak like a child.

@poster,
There is soul but whether it travels or not will be known through personal experiences. I personally don't subscribe to the use of extraneous aids like the use of chanting, herbs, etc, because it can dangerous even worse illusory. Dreams are the natural key.
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by VALIDATOR: 2:14pm On May 17, 2010
VALIDATOR:

@poster,

benodic link=topic=444828.msg6038976#msg6038976 date=1273877972:

soul traveling is not used for political purposes.

soul travel enables you to visit the heavens of God and learn directly from the various temples there and also learn directly from spiritual masters.

the aim is to make you a better channel for God's love.

Read in between the lines. it is not necessarily politics.
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by VALIDATOR: 2:17pm On May 17, 2010
agi-tuedor:

U speak like a child.

@poster,
There is soul but whether it travels or not will be known through personal experiences. I personally don't subscribe to the use of extraneous aids like the use of chanting, herbs, etc, because it can dangerous even worse illusory. Dreams are the natural key.

@agi-tuedor,
you make me laugh.
I hope it won't take you decades before you wake up. I hope you wouldn't have made some irreversible mistakes by then.
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by Jaideyone(m): 2:49pm On May 17, 2010
Soul travel? My bus or okada? Lol. You guys need to get a life
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 17, 2010
I know about ASTRAL travel but Eckankar is a fraud. They make you chanting one Hu sound and the next thing you have surrendered your soul to who knows what. Tried it once and my experience wasnt funny. Stay away from eckankar.
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 17, 2010
To understand these concepts, one needs to know what the soul is and how it manifests through the body. The soul is connected to the body but not so bound that it can not be, at least, loosenedfor a while, to perceive finer impressions which is not normally possible in a day-concious state; this is what actually happens when we dream. Now, some group of people have found a way to conciously shift the soul' attention to a relatively higher level. There is nothing really mysteriuos about it, just that sometimes people overstretch issues making it look as if the soul's primary goal in is a to perceive higher things.
babaearly:

I know about ASTRAL travel but Eckankar is a fraud. They make you chanting one Hu sound and the next thing you have surrendered your soul to who knows what. Tried it once and my experience wasnt funny. Stay away from eckankar.
sir, can you kindly narrate your experience? We may have something to learn from it. Thanks.
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by Jaideyone(m): 9:29pm On May 17, 2010
^^^ you sef wan soul travel abi? Your soul go land inside tree. Lol
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by VALIDATOR: 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2010
@agi-tuedor ,
have you personally successfully soul-travelled? or you are just telling us what you believe ?
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:28am On Oct 11, 2010
@agi-tuedor
No doubt there is a parallel existence and several levels of consciousness that with the proper training and guidance, one can explore. Sound has always been delicately connected to the human consciousness, ever wondered why the sounds of a wind-shield wiper has a calming effect when you are in a particular restive state?

I have Astral-Traveled (without the use chants or drugs) and I can tell you it is a very revealing experience. The Bible has several mention of prophets of God who have had out-of-body experiences and ascended several levels of consciousness and parallel existence. If you felt you got possessed by some being then you are mistaken, you mind possesses a self-conscious existence separate from your everyday consciousness that allows you to maintain sanity when you Astral-Travel. there are dangers bordering on Psychosis and mental health but nothing you cannot overcome with proper training. Similar to Kundilani Yoga and opening of Chakras, without proper training,a soul changing experience becomes a nightmare.

A simple advice, do not do it for self-fish reasons just do it as an academic exercise

1 Like

Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by VALIDATOR: 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2010
@lagerwhenindoubt,
Nice to hear that you are telling us that you have personally done it. I am particular about this because some people just read Rampa,Klemp,abdrushin,validivar,lewis,etc and start telling us like it is something they have actually validated through personal experience. I always assume it is like the story of Ali that I read in elementary school. Ali claimed to be wearing an invisible jacket that can only be seen by righteous people and many people including the king and his cabinet claimed to be seeing it. Ali then understood a lot about the human nature and profited a lot from it because he had no invisible jacket at all !!!

Please can you answer the following questions
1 During your astral journey(s), "where" did you go?
2 What "form" of you went on the journey?
3 Were you still bound to time? I mean did things play out in the 4 dimensions (x,y,z and time) of our "normal" universe.

I have more to ask but please kindly answer the 3 questions.
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2010
@Validator. A Good Morning to you. sorry i could not reply yesterday

I make it a point to practice what i study simply for the purpose of validation. and this particular exercises i have executed successfully within what i term a controlled environment since i am an amateur. (I will explain about the dangers later on)

1: No physical distances or spaces that contain objects of distraction or attraction people, vehicles, noise etc, which is why most people report the best times are just before dawn or at night. I figure it also helps that aural levels are reduced significantly to allow one focus on consciously achieving an altered state of consciousness.

2: Relatively constant meditative state: while this is difficult to achieve without tuning-out or falling-out of your altered state or astral plane, it is essential not to allow your sub-conscious meld with your astral experience, in other words your awareness must remain even if your consciousness is altered sort of like being awake in a dream state. As strange as it may sound but extreme hunger or fasting can induce an Astral experience; something to do with chemical imbalances in the brain but hey i am not the expert. i can tell you conclusively it is more difficult to Astral travel on a full stomach than on an empty one.  grin

I pre-selected a physical area in another room to travel to and observe things like the time, sound, smell, temperature, texture and of course how my astral form looks like (and no i did not look at a mirror). I have a summary of notes and observations that will take too much space and probably mean much less to most readers here, so i will break it down to my conclusions (as inconclusive as they may seem)

1: Astral Travel is an altered state of consciousness (not state of mind) that allows one to access deeper levels of consciousness in one's mind
2: There is no concept of time or temperature or texture but there is color (it exists, but I surmise it is from memory not an actual representation)  and a constant I have noticed in my exercise is a sound almost like the wind blowing when you are in a large enclosed space like a very large container. or driving with your windows shut while it is raining. pretty hard to describe but that is as close as i can interpret it. from my study, that sound is connected to your experience of color, texture, temperature etc. as it is only when one tries to become aware of an object that it begins to take form, color and texture (strange) When i look at my hands, it looks different and slightly smaller and lighter in color. but in real-life i have some scars on my forehand and it looks heavy-set, yes there is a certain constant vibration not unrelated to changing states of observation and that constant sound i mentioned earlier.
3: Astral Travel is all in the mind (deeper recesses of the human mind) and the experiences felt are either from memory or our sub-conscious manufacturing experiences our minds cannot fully grasp (this is where there is a danger of letting your sub-conscious take over your awareness in an altered state)

I find it interesting that for the first few "trips" i did not notice that i did not have balls or a 3rd leg. It took several tries to consciously manufacture them unto my Astral form and yes there is an elastic cord that behaves in a strange manner; it feels like trying to hold smoke, you know it is there and it has form and fills space but you cannot physically grasp it to pull or twist. I did not try to find out how elastic it was since i was restricted to my controlled environment.
3: Movement is not in terms of motion (yes there is some motion in Astral form) but in terms of projection. I literally appeared in front of the object i wished to observe after trying to float or walk without success. 

If I carry on, my post will need a few more threads so i will stop here at read your comments
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by VALIDATOR: 2:07pm On Oct 12, 2010
@lagerwhenindoubt,
very interesting and eye opening post !!! you and a certain mrbrownjay are 2 people i have a lot of respect for on NL.
here are my comments on the foregoing:

1 from your explanations,it is an altered state of consciousness and not necessarily that a soul is traveling somewhere.could this be another form of hypnotism?
2 when you consciously will things, they are formed e.g ur third-leg. could this be another form of hypnotism?

++++++ more ++++
3 is it possible to visit a place you have never physically been to or seen in picture or video and know exactly how it is physically and describe it to those that can validate it.? that will be the prove that there is another form of man (called soul) and it is capable of traveling to places unknown to man.
4 is it possible to see inside the your own or someone else's body and see internal organs or fetus to know of anomaly or baby's gender as can be validated by xray or ultrascan equipments to validate that you saw the right things and not just making them up?
5 is it possible that if more than one person astral travels they will "see" one another in the astral plane?

1 Like

Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2010
Thanks. i am flattered, not everyone can get beyond my nairaland id without thinking me an un-serious chap
I will answer you from my own experience and compilation of results thus far

1 from your explanations,it is an altered state of consciousness and not necessarily that a soul is traveling somewhere.could this be another form of hypnotism?
1: Astral Travel is not another form of hypnotism, Hypnotism is an altered state of consciousness as well but one which is not self-induced (you are not self-aware) but under the guidance of the hypnotist (a controlled environment) it is a "suggestive state"
2 when you consciously will things, they are formed e.g your third-leg. could this be another form of hypnotism?
2: You can will-fully control your environment on some levels (Astral planes) but this involves a controlled application of awareness on your sub-conscious (which is the rather eccentric brother of your consciousness). You can be put or induced into an Astral state through hypnotism but i have not and i am not willing to try it without a safety net of some sort.

Answers to New Questions
3 is it possible to visit a place you have never physically been to or seen in picture or video
3: It is possible to visit a place you have not seen before however you need to understand why it happens. Essentially my purpose for Astral travel is because I believe there is a Source (Gaea, Mother Earth, God if you will) to Life on earth and every human being is connected to that source. it is like decoding DNA from one source all the way back to the original source. This can only be achieved through a suitable human receptacle (since we are all created in God's image) When you visit higher astral planes (I have not done so yet) you are bound to experience a different environment and new sense of awareness that your mental state cannot comprehend so your sub-conscious balances this imbalance by creating a suitable environment that you can comprehend. As for visiting locations you have never been to, my experience is not accurate when i try to actually confirm the location i visited in my astral projection. However I think this is possible through some other method referred to as Remote-Viewing. I have not tried (will not bother trying)

4 is it possible to see inside the your own or someone else's body and see internal organs
4: I have tried but this is fruitless and dangerous. Because if you have not seen the insides of a human in interactive fashion, your sub-conscious will delve in to compensate for that gap. why i do not try to visualize or project my form on a mirror is simple, I am afraid of the psychosomatic consequences. Think of it this way, what will happen to an ant if you were to suddenly pour the knowledge and awareness of a human-being into it.? I think it will be overwhelmed and it will die. I have a friend who went insane from allowing his sub-conscious take over his awareness inadvertently. when this happens, the boundaries of sanity are broken and even in your wakeful state, your imaginations take on realistic (uncontrolled) proportions.

5 is it possible that if more than one person astral travels they will "see" one another in the astral plane?
5: I have not been successful with this yet, while some claim to have met guides who take them on an Astral journey, I believe it is an automatic safety-net and only people who have had that been trained with that awareness can create guides fr themselves. You can however come in contact with Alien (Non-human Vibrations) I believe everything at a base level is pure energy vibrating at different wave-lengths so it is possible to come in contact with vibrations that can interfere with your Astral experience
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by VALIDATOR: 1:25pm On Oct 13, 2010
@lagerwhenindoubt,
thank you very much for the response. i really appreciate the way you picked on the questions,one at a time.
what i can conclude from your response is that  it is just an altered state of consciousness similar to transposition in music.it is the same music but you now hear it differently or if scaled up/down many octaves and the frequency goes beyond audio frequency (20Hz to 20KHz),you don't hear it anymore but it is still playing.

You can also compare it to color or frequency filter in physics/electronics. it blocks out certain colors/frequencies and makes you to perceive things differently but really nothing changed.
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:03pm On Oct 13, 2010
^^^ transposition? yes in a manner of speaking, it is really an altered state of consciousness but what is of key note is that in that state your consciousness is exposed to aspects of reality that you will otherwise have been oblivious of in a wakeful state. it is no alternative to real travel though. cheesy
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by VALIDATOR: 7:46am On Oct 14, 2010
^^^
You are certainly the best book i have read on astral traveling/projection.
As a person who has practiced it,what will you say is/are the specific benefits of such astral traveling/perception to mankind or nature in general?

1 Like

Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2010
^^^ benefits to mankind and nature in general? that is a tricky question but what i can point out is this
There are other questions about Life that still remain a mystery to modern civilization I reason that a huge percentage of our daily living (at least 80-90%) originates from our sub-conscious e.g Ambition, Behavior, Character, Personality, Will, Thought, Dreams etc

1: Astral Travel allows one a peek at the workings of the sub-conscious mind and understand how it affects us on a personal level.
2: It also helps you (at least for me) understand the origin of weird dreams you have (Fear, Worry, Expectations etc)

I admit I have not grasped enough of the "Astral World" to theorize my hypothesis but it is a start.
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by benodic: 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2010
@largerwhenindoubt

i have carefully read your post and it simply confirmed what i already know about astral travel which is that it is very dangerous and limited. there is a mountain of difference between soul travel and astral travel. the following excerpts from the eckankar web site will throw more light.

Soul Travel transcends astral or mind travel, and rote prayer, elevating one into profound spiritual areas. Whenever Soul reaches the far orbits of the inner planes through Soul Travel, the human heart opens to God's all-consuming love.

—Harold Klemp,
Past Lives, Dreams, and Soul Travel

What Is Soul Travel

In the simplest terms, Soul Travel is an individual moving closer to the heart of God. This movement takes a variety of forms.

One form is the sensation of fast movement of the Soul body through the planes of time and space. In reality, though, is such movement possible?

Soul exists on all planes, so what feels like movement, or travel, is simply Soul coming into an agreement with fixed states and conditions that already exist in some world of time and space.

A contemplative may hear a rushing sound, like a wailing wind in a tunnel, along with a sensation of incredible speed. But as explained, Soul doesn't move; Soul is. Time and space adjust to Soul's state of consciousness, and it is this adjustment of time and space that renders an illusion of movement or breathtaking speed.

Soul Travel is for the bold and courageous in spirit. But remember, since one doesn't in fact travel anywhere, it's impossible to get lost.

Keep that principle in mind during a spiritual exercise. It will lend the confidence to open your heart to love and so delight in any enlightenment that finds you.
Expansion of Consciousness

Another form of Soul Travel is the expansion of consciousness. This aspect is the true state of personal revelation or enlightenment. It visits both the timid and the bold and is a gentler, less robust version of movement in consciousness. Most people experience this sort of gradual shifting of awareness.

Love and wonder define Soul Travel the best.

An old misunderstanding about Soul Travel is that it is nothing more than a simple occult projection out of the body, into the Astral Plane. Yet Soul Travel is an all-inclusive skill. It goes well beyond the Astral Plane and into the Causal, Mental, and Etheric planes. Then, right on to the Soul Plane.

Soul Travel is thus a modern way to speak of Soul on Its journey home to God.

Several phases one may expect in ECK include dreams, visions, Soul Travel, the ECKshar consciousness, and God Consciousness. Each of these facets reflects a magnification of God's Light and Sound for the traveler.

A Soul Travel Tip
The Difference between Soul Travel and Psychic Techniques

Dreams and visions are a fascinating subject. Yet an ECKist finds that Soul Travel probes a lot deeper into the riddle of life than do any astral or mental projections.

Hence his goal is total awareness, and he puts away the toys of psychic phenomena.

Excerpted from Past Lives, Dreams, and Soul Travel by Harold Klemp, copyright © 2003 Eckankar. All rights reserved.
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by dexmond: 6:43pm On Oct 14, 2010
@ Babaearly

If you don't mind, you may relate your experience to us. One more person may enter into your kind of mistake.

1 Like

Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by VALIDATOR: 7:41am On Oct 15, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

^^^ benefits to mankind and nature in general? that is a tricky question but what i can point out is this
There are other questions about Life that still remain a mystery to modern civilization I reason that a huge percentage of our daily living (at least 80-90%) originates from our sub-conscious e.g Ambition, Behavior, Character, Personality, Will, Thought, Dreams etc

1: Astral Travel allows one a peek at the workings of the sub-conscious mind and understand how it affects us on a personal level.
2: It also helps you (at least for me) understand the origin of weird dreams you have (Fear, Worry, Expectations etc)

I admit I have not grasped enough of the "Astral World" to theorize my hypothesis but it is a start.

Thank you very much for your responses.More inputs from your personal experience are welcome.
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by VALIDATOR: 7:44am On Oct 15, 2010
@benodic,
have you personally successfully sou/astral travelled? or you are just telling us what you read/believe ?
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by samuraix1: 11:41am On Oct 15, 2010
Make it a date with Dr Christopher Kolade @ Harvest Place

Date: November 7th 2010
Time: 10am
Venue: Harvest Place. 10 Emmanuel Street. (Very close to Elomaz Hotel, former Jesu Oyinbo Street) Maryland. Lagos
Theme: You, Your career and Nation Building
Enquiries: 08029563137, harvestadmiral@yahoo.com
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by hackney(m): 6:48pm On Oct 15, 2010
If you soul travel pesin come hammer you slap nko?
thread closed.
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by benodic: 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2010
@validator

i will not be talking about soul travel if i have not experienced it. my experiences are numerous and where do i start.

the problem is that only those who have had similar experiences will understand. others will say i am making it up.

i once had a friend who was a member of catholic church. he kept on pestering me to explain soul travel to him. i told him to try the spiritual exercises especially the singing of the holy name of God, HU. or he can say his holy rosary and ask God to show him the reality of soul travel.

one early morning he rushed to my room all excited and told me he tried what i told him and the next thing he knew he felt a strong wind blowing and he found himself out of the body and being flown at a very high speed to a place that was very beautiful. he thought he was dead and when he thought about his physical body he found himself back in his body.

he couldn't contain his excitement and he rushed straight to my room to tell about it.

you can validate the reality of soul travel by trying the spiritual exercises yourself. your experience becomes your authority and no one can take it from you.

1 Like

Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2010
@
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 16, 2010
@
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by Kay17: 9:17pm On Oct 16, 2010
One word 'hallucination'.
Re: Eckanker And Soul Travel by kambo(m): 1:07am On Oct 18, 2010
for those who want the christian view on this thing. here is it.
this whole thing makes the ranting of atheist nothing - cuz in a negative way
the word of God is validated by cultists.
the human being is tripartite. a spirit living in a body and has a soul.
the plastic cord lager says he saw has been explained by solomon in the book of ecclesiastes. this is the silver cord connecting the spirit to the body.
when this silver cord snaps , the spirit departs the body and the person is termed dead.
God has divided the merger btw soul AND spirit - read 'He came to set the captives free ' by rebecca brown MD.
ordinary people cannot soul travel because their spirit is separated from soul and body.
That's a result of the fall of man , original sin.
but some cults have found a way - thanks to spiritaul techniques , to bring about this merger.
you can bet God is against this.
in essence, the mind is used to control the movement of the body.
the whole soul travel thing and spiritual world intercourse i.e mystical activities is again, born out of man's rebellious nature - To try to gain more power, do more things, know more OUTSIDE of submitting to God who made heaven and earth.
I'd submit to you, that any one who dabbles into this kind of things know that atheists and agnostics are some of the most deluded and blinded souls on earth.
and in a later form the will know that GOD is really real. i.e the God of the bible.
I'm suprised theyr ar no christians to give a response to post like this.
point be - joining of the soul and spirit together is a spiritual activity performed by an evil spirit - who's HU anyway!? if not som demon spirit.
hu in deed.
soul travel in deed.
ask God to open you're eyes . accept Jesus christ as lord And pray fervently for him to severe the union btw , illicit union , you 've formed,rebelliously and willfully, btw your soul and spirit - God requires us to walk by faith.
there's anoda world outside of this one.
peace .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Pope Francis / In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? / Your Eyes Your Mind!! Your Mind Your Eyes!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.