Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

THE AGENTS (action Thriller) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE AGENTS (action Thriller) (9892 Views)

REVENGE (an Action Thriller) / BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller / RESTLESS - An Action/Romance Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 9:01am On Apr 15, 2018
10| Just For Ice Cream
"Too bad I couldn't look nicer for you on our date, babe," I cooed slyly, sneaking a glance at the boy next to me for a reaction as we stood in line waiting for our ice creams. I was still in my midnight blue sweater and black leggings, but my hair was let down right now as I had taken off the black ribbon earlier. Aka, detention outfit. Liam cocked his eyebrows at me and rolled his eyes, "The cringe is real." I dropped my act and punched him on the arm, "I am a very good actor." "Uhuh mhmm," he hummed, moving up a few feet as the line became shorter, "As good as your art skills." This time it was my turn to raise my eyebrows. "Excuse you," I started, gaping in disbelief, "You did not just insult my drawing." "Eh," Liam responded uninterested. We reached our ice cream and both ordered. He got a plain chocolate ice cream on a cone while I got mint chocolate chip. When he reached to pay and one glance at the amount in his hand and I stopped him with my hand. "I'll pay for my own," I said, "I don't like being in debt with anyone." Liam stared at me for a split second before shrugging slightly and letting me pull out my own money. We eventually both finished paying for our sweets and went over to a bench to sit. "Usually on dates," Liam began, leaning back on the bench, "The boy pays." I took a tiny bite of my ice cream before replying, "Vhey?" The boy turned to me as he stared at me with his head slightly tilted, wanting me to repeat what I had said. I put up a finger as if to mean, give-me-a-sec-I'm-choking- on-ice-cream. "'Why?'" I repeated for him after I had swallowed the lump of cold ice cream that I had previously thought was a 'tiny bite.' Liam seemed to be suppressing a chuckle and only let out a quick amused scoff before saying, "Carlos never paid for you?" I mentally sighed at the name. "We never did anything fancy during dates," I answered truthfully, "Going out to practice shooting and watching the sun set was basically it." Liam eyed me curiously, "Are you serious?" "Do I look like I'm lying?" He finally let out a smug smile before turning away from me and eating his ice cream instead. "Might as well show you a good time before I kill you," he mumbled into his ice cream. "What," I asked matter-of-factly, my eyes closing as I ate my treat. "Nothing." "You sure? You said nothing?" "Yup." "Nothing like, 'show you a good time before I kill you?'" "I would never." A smile managed to appear on my face as I let out a small laugh. I covered it up as I pushed the ice cream on my lips and felt it slowly melt against my skin. "I want to try mint chocolate chip," he chimed after a short moment of silence. We both opened our eyes and turned to look at each other. "Wait-" Before I could finish he leaned closer to me and took a neat lick on the opposite side of my ice cream swirl.

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 9:09am On Apr 15, 2018
I frowned at the boy, "Hey. If you eat my ice cream I eat yours." I leaned into his cone and took a taste. Yum. When I sat back up and the new flavor of ice cream in our mouths just melted, I caught Liam cheekily grin at me. "What," I asked, suspicious of the man. "We just had an indirect kiss," he let out casually, continuing to eat his cone. My eyes widened a little before I rolled them. "Whatever." _ "There!" I pointed up high, "We have to. You've been avoiding it all day." I was trying to get him to take me up to the Ferris Wheel. "Pleasee," I whined. It was getting late and all I wanted to do was sit at a high altitude and rest. "Roller coaster first before it closes," Liam argued, grabbing my wrist and dragging me the opposite direction. "Wait, Carter," I protested, "I can't-" I ended up being strapped down at the very front of the ride next to the boy I detested. "Liam," I started, turning to him, "I'm going to throw up my ice cream. You don't want to look like a polka-dotted alien do you?" "Is that my next disguise," he teased, giving me a smug smile before turning back to the front. "I'm not joking," I pushed, suddenly panicking as the intercom came over saying to keep our hands and feet inside the moving vehicle at all times throughout the ride. As the ride made its sharp turns, curves, and dips, I held onto my only food that had become upset due to the great amount of motion I had been forced into. After we got off, I tripped suddenly and ended up on the ground with a scrapped knee. "Great," I whined, pushing myself up, "Scrapped knee and bruised arms. And dead brain cells. Today's just not my day." "Hmm?" Liam chimed, waiting for me to get up. He held out a hand and I eyed it weirdly for a moment before accepting it. "Thanks," I let out tiredly, dusting my pants off. "Ferris Wheel?" Liam said softly, smiling amused at my unstable state. I glared at him playfully, "Now you want to?" We did go on it after a long wait in the line. I was getting tired and it didn't help that the sky was almost pitch black. Once we had gotten in, I leaned against the glass and watched outside quietly as our seat slowly rose higher and higher. The lights of the amusement rides and city street shone brightly up and illuminated the area below us. It was beautiful. My eyes slowly unfocused on the scene before me and they eventually closed for a light rest. It was peaceful and quiet all of a sudden. I could faintly hear the soft breathing of the boy sitting across me, but I didn't bother opening my eyes to check on him. "You asleep?" Liam commented calmly across from me. I let myself breathe out a few steady breaths before I softly replied, "Mm."

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 9:12am On Apr 15, 2018
I managed to stay awake for a while before drifting off into sleep. Before that, however, my ears caught a word from Liam, who, I realized had been talking so quietly that I could barely hear him. "... you." _ "Jamie," I moaned softly in opposition as I felt a hand nudge me against my left arm. "Jamie Lennon," Liam repeated, "Wake up and tell me where your house is." I froze in my sleep and confusion took over as I stumbled over the fact that someone was asking for my place. When I opened my eyes, I was sitting on the bench that I had previously sat on earlier today with Liam to my left as support for my sleepy head. Instead of jolting up, I decided a smarter method and got up slowly and carefully instead to avoid a sudden headache pain that usually followed after a rapid startle. "My house?" I quietly croaked, running a hand through my hair. Liam nodded, looking at me gradually wake up. "Not my house, my dorm," I corrected him, "I stay in the dorms." "Won't your mother and father be worrying for you," Liam stated. I slightly shrugged, "Mother's missing, father's missing." Liam raised his eyebrows at me, "I see." _ By the time we had gotten back to the academy, I was fully awake. Liam turned out to be staying at the dorms as well and left me at the girl's dorms before heading off to the boy's. My eyes lingered on the back of his shadowed figure before it was out of sight and I looked away, walking towards my room. My footsteps softly thud repeatedly on the ground as I headed down the empty hallways. The closer I got to my room, the stronger the smell of something new caught my senses. Three steps, five steps. I gave the air a good two deep sniffs before slightly frowning at the smokey aroma. Ten steps, seventeen steps. My body froze as I stared at my door. There was nothing out of the ordinary physically as thorough as my eyes could see. It was the smell. Smoke. Metal. Dust. It felt heavy on the other side of that room somehow and I was, for the first time since attending this school, afraid of opening my own room door. My hand traveled to the lock pad and I entered the code to my lock. 01010101 01010101 Yes. It was binary. What I saw beyond that door made my insides turn uncomfortably and my mind start analyzing the scene on instincts. It was a black hole in there. Dark and gruesome. I couldn't make out anything as I slowly entered. The lights were a bit further in and as I stepped in, my feet crutched on a pile of broken wood and metal. The lights were on. My eyes widened at the scene. Everything was gone. Broken. Splattered dangerously on the ground and into the wall. Even if I didn't know what had happened, one would describe it as if a 'bomb' had gone off inside my room. But because I knew better, I understood that was what had exactly happened. Someone had placed a bomb inside my room. And there's only two people I know who would do such a thing. I quickly closed the door to my room and took a step back once the lock had clicked into place. My hand rushed through the backpack I had just swung over to the side to find my phone. When I found it, I opened it up, planning to call Axel. Instead, I opened up to a new contact that had been saved to my phone recently. Liam Carter, read the new contact. But how? We just went for ice cream...

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 9:14am On Apr 15, 2018
11| Will you leave me too?
I immediately dialed his number. The second the rings stopped and a voice turned on, I yelled into my phone. "Liam!" The boy was quiet for a moment, probably trying to understand the strange situation and my raised tone, before he replied, "Jamie?" "You bombed my dorm room??" I asked, "How? When? Why?" "Jamie, calm down," Liam let out, "Explain to me again. I literally just got back to my room." "I got back to my room as well," I slowed down, looking rapidly around my door, "And the whole inside is destroyed. Everything is broken and shattered. There's nothing in there but rubbles." I could hear his steady breathing from the other end. "Liam?" I called out. I didn't know what to do. It was almost curfew time and the students still here were rushing back to their rooms before the professors strolled through the hallways to check up on us. "Stay in there for a moment. Wait for the teachers to do their check-ups and then come over to the boy's dorms." I frowned slightly and unconsciously turned around to check if anyone was listening in on our conversation. "I can't..." I replied, "Why would I need to?" "Where else would you sleep?" My breath hitched as I realized what he was suggesting. "Sleep with you?" I exclaimed, "Are you crazy?" "Lennon, why else would you call me if not for my help." "I-" That was... true. It was also to confront him and the only way I could be certain of anything was if I was talking to him face-to-face. I sighed loudly and hung up after closing up the call. _ The teachers eventually came and after the atmosphere turned quiet and peaceful, I walked out of my room after messing with the alarm. I'd set it so that it seemed like I would be in my room everyday before curfew. If I was ever needed back I'd be given a signal through my phone. As I waited, I used that time to gather my belongings, which I realized had all been obliterated. Nothing was left. My clothes, my accessories, my snacks... The only things I had were whatever was in my school backpack. Textbooks, journals, writing utensils, notebooks, and most importantly, my safely hidden weapons. _ I walked down the hallways and sneaked out of the girl's dorms and into the boy's. I found Liam's door after a bit of searching in the dark with only the light of my phone to guide me and I typed in his password. The door opened to a dimly lit room. Liam wasn't in bed but I was sure he was in the bathroom showering once the aroma of shampoo hit my nose. I closed the door carefully and placed my bag neatly next to his bed on the ground with a soft thud. Even if I called out to him, he wouldn't be able to hear me well with the water running. I sat on the edge of his bed and slowly looked around, taking in the familiarity of the room since I had last entered. There wasn't much. The bed was positioned against the opposite wall facing me while the bathroom was stationed around it on the adjacent wall. His study desk was to the right of the door I came into and his small bed table stood neatly next to the head side to the right.

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 9:19am On Apr 15, 2018
The entire floor was carpet colored navy blue, as opposed to the girl's dorm which was a creamy white. What I was also jealous of was that he somehow managed to get himself a room with a window. I stared at the black curtains that were let down, blocking the view of the night sky. The small, golden ropes that usually held the curtain drapes together were hanging loosely below either sides of the window frame. "So you're here," came his smooth voice as the bathroom door clicked open to reveal Liam dressed in a black t-shirt and black and gray shorts. His hair was partly dried and he had a towel draped around his shoulders, much like the first night I came here. "You have a shirt on this time," I commented as I turned around to meet his eyes. "I could take it off," Liam stated, closing the bathroom door behind him and walking to his work desk. He took a seat and leaned back, watching me. "You really didn't mess with my room?" I asked him, "Positive?" "I was with you the whole day," He responded as he ran a hand through his black hair. "What about Kai?" "Kai's back at the Renai. Like I said, he won't always be here. There's places he pops up in. It just so happened you met him here that one night." I nodded slowly and looked down at my bag, "So, what now? I don't feel comfortable sleeping with an assassin." "And I don't with a sniper," Liam replied with a small smirk, "But I somewhat trust you." I frowned, "Is it because I'm a girl and I'm not as intimidating as a guy?" "Part of it is true," Liam answered, pulling the towel off of him, "You haven't showered or anything have you." "I can skip for a day..." I trailed off. Liam gave me a look, "Lennon, I'm not sleeping with a stinky girl." I glared at the boy and sat up straighter, "I am not stinky. And for your information, I'm not sleeping anywhere near you." "Who said I'd be sharing a bed with you," Liam scoffed slyly, "My original plan was for you to crash on the floor." I sighed and deepened my glare at him, "At least the floor's carpet." As silence fell over us, I realized that from now on, I'd have no clothes of my own. I'd have to go shopping tomorrow. But I have no money. No money... I pouted to myself as I pushed my body off of Liam's bed and towards the bathroom to wash up. Inside, I could smell the fresh, yet sweet aroma of shampoo. It felt nice and I took a quick shower. As I wetted my hair, I couldn't stop thinking about how strong his smell was inside the shower. It was all around me and I became a little embarrassed before I snapped out of my thoughts and focused on getting cleaned and then getting out. I dried myself up and went out of the shower, only to find a comfy shirt neatly folded on the sink counter. A white t-shirt was laid on top of my black leggings that I had planned to re-wear.
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 9:23am On Apr 15, 2018
I stared at the unfamiliar shirt, confused for a short moment, before realizing something. I quickly threw the clothes on, brushed my teeth with a spare toothbrush, turned off the bathroom lights, and closed the door after I left. Liam was leaning peacefully against the bed's head with his eyes closed before I marched in and exclaimed, "Hey!" He groaned a muffled sound before his head slowly tilted towards me, his blue eyes gradually opening to meet mine. I was taken aback but I stopped myself before proceeding with what I was going to say, "You came into the bathroom when I was showering didn't you??" The boy took a moment to process my words before a light, cheeky smile eventually appeared on his face. "Is that why you're blushing?" My brows furrowed a bit, "I'm not blushing," I defended. "Mhm," He countered and his eyes stared deep into mine. I kept my gaze on the boy, seeming like I had something to say, but nothing would come out. I sighed slightly to myself. I wanted to say thank you because he lended me his shirt, and even offered a place for me to sleep, but I couldn't. Why... can't I just say thank you? Feeling tired and defeated, I trudged quietly to the corner of the room that was empty space and sat down next to the wall. My back found a temporary comfortable position against the wall and I forced myself to sleep. "You don't snore do you," Liam mumbled, shifting a bit so that he was now snuggled deep inside his blankets. I groaned loudly to express my irritation towards him for always assuming I was the worst type of girl to share a room with. "Would you stop messing with me," I whined quietly, "I just want to sleep." I couldn't hear anything after that. The atmosphere turned soft and quiet. I felt peaceful and slowly drifted into sleep. _
"Mommy!" I yelled into the distance, "MOM!" She left the house without another glance at the both of us and had never once returned. "Are you going to leave me too," I had asked my drunken father that day. "If I feel like it," he murmured back while still in his sleepy state, embracing a beer bottle to his chest like a hugging pillow. . . . . 2 years later "Daddy!" I had yelled at the man who claimed to be at work minutes earlier through text, "Daddy wake up. Who is this woman in my bedroom? I just came back from school!" The man moaned in his sleep and expressed his irritation towards me by turning his back to me on the couch. I looked at his alcoholic body and glared at the smell that came off of him. My 7 years old form ran into my room and busted the door open to reveal a beautiful, young woman I've never seen before. She dared to be naked in front of me, in my room, in my house, and for who? My father? "You're not mommy," I said to her startled face, "Get out of my room." "Oh, sweetie, you won't understand," the woman began, trying to smile at me to lighten up my mood, "This is the adult world, and-" "Don't try me," I informed her lowly, "If you think kids are merely nothing more than dumb animals running around with no brain and heart you can poop yourself out the door because you're not ready to be my mother in any way or form." . . . . My father left with her.

The Next part will be in Liam's POV
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 9:29am On Apr 15, 2018
12 | Promised Her | Liam's POV
| Liam's POV | He couldn't sleep. The thought of what he said up in the Ferris Wheel alone with the woman played once more through his head. He watched her slowly drift into a light sleep as her head leaned softly on the glass window of the ride. Her hair fell gradually down and warmed her slender back and shoulders. What a naive girl, he had thought, how could she just fall asleep defenseless like that? He watched her chest rise and fall, slower and slower, with a steady pace. Breathing out a small breath, he asked her, "You asleep?" There was a change in her closed eyes as a part of her realized again that he was sitting right across from her. He held back a chuckle. "Mm," she managed to hum out. He eventually let out a light smirk. "Tsk, this woman," he said under his breath. She was totally aware of his presence and she couldn't care less. The girl only had sleep on her mind. He had turned around to face the city lights and eventually eyed the dark sky that wrapped above them. His eyes slowly found its way back to the sleeping woman as they made it to the very top of the Ferris Wheel. "Lennon..." he let out, talking to himself more than the woman. "... I will kill you." Liam opened his eyes and laid there on his bed for a while, listening to nothing. He was wrong. A few seconds in silence and he found his ears noticing the sounds of soft, steady breathing in the far corner. Now was his chance. He quietly sat himself up and glanced at the woman leaning against the wall to his room. She was sleeping soundly. His hands traveled beneath his pillow and grasped tightly around the gun that had always been there. He took it out and eyed the weapon carefully, making sure the thing was loaded before clicking in the magazine. He held the barrel at downrange for a moment as he stole another glance at the woman, oblivious to her life ending in mere seconds. The safety lock was off next. With his dominant hand, Liam directed the gun upwards towards the girl and aimed it at her chest. Her beating heart. His left hand supported the gun to get an accurate enough shot. He straightened up his body and leaned back a bit, tilting slightly to the side so that his eyes could focus well in the dark at that angle. The more his eyes let in light and he could see her form clearer, the louder his heart steadily beat. He could see the tiny glands of sweat that had been on her forehead.

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by Whyke141: 12:06pm On Apr 15, 2018
This is for our brothers en route to Ethiopia.

Karn Jeremy Karn debuts as Whyke's voice with this great and mind appealing piece. To him; To every boy child, there's a poem attached. & to every traveler there's a mystery to unfold and a story to be torn out from our lips.

Poet Karn speaks for the boy child. This voice can't be denied!

Enjoy���
http://www.whykeanthology.com/2018/04/a-lost-boy-poem-attached-for-friend-en.html

Proudly Whyke.
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 12:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
He frowned. Sweat? Why was she sweating? The room, as far as he could tell, was oddly freezing cold. A closer and longer look made him realized that her face was scrunched up in pain. She wasn't staying still either. She was constantly shifting and turning, as if she was in another world and dealing with something else. Someone else. Her breathing became heavier and clearer. He could tell how hard it was for her to breathe. His index finger began moving down to the cold, metal trigger. "Leave," she mumbled out, "me alone." "Please," he heard her say in her sleep. Liam took a deep breath and held it, pulling back the trigger. His eyes focused on her now jumpy form. "Tsk," he soon let out quietly, "Stop moving." It would've been an easier job if she could just stay still while she slept. It seemed like she was thinking of something painful. Suddenly, her body froze dead cold and his jaw clenched, getting ready to release the trigger. Before he could do that, however, her violet silver eyes fluttered open as she let out a muffled whimper. Her eyes quickly met his and the both of them stared at each other with wide eyes before Liam released the trigger, his aim becoming a little off. It flew through the air, leaving tiny bits of lead residue behind its trail. She must've seen the gun before he pulled the trigger and her body dropped at an amazing speed to the ground as one hand had covered the side of her face that she calculated the bullet would come close to. The bullet whizzed towards the right side of her now shifted form and scrapped her right arm deeply before penetrating the wall right next to her. The loud sound that the shot produced as an aftermath rang throughout the air before it quieted down once more. Liam watched the bullet come to a stop in the wall before his eyes went to the girl still laying on the ground. She had made herself smaller upon hearing the shoot fired. Bits of paint and wood fell onto her lap and shoulder. Eventually, she sat up and he aimed the gun in front of her again. Her eyes were unreadable as she stared back at him with not much emotion. He examined her face and discovered that she had been crying. "You're going to hurt me too," her small, tired voice came to break the dark silence. Her hands went up as if to say she surrendered. "I missed," he let out, keeping his aim strong this time, "Get up and fight, Jamie." Despite knowing that he would shoot at her once more, she kept her serious eyes on him that had moments before been weak and drained of energy. "My gun's feet away, and by the time I reach it I'll be dead," she replied calmly, "There's not much I can do, Carter." He raised his eyebrows slightly, "You're just going to let me-"

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 12:50pm On Apr 15, 2018
A knife came out of nowhere and smacked into his handgun with an astonishing amount of force, tilting the weapon up in his hands. The girl before him quickly got up and went for him, kicking her right leg forward. He grabbed it tightly before it could make contact with his face and directed it to the side. She jumped up with the help of that little movement and did a spin kick around his head, knocking the gun out of his right hand with her left leg. Jamie landed back securely on the ground as he released her foot and looked at the direction that his gun had flown. A split second later, he was pushed down and pinned forcefully onto his bed, Jamie's body hovering menacingly over his. His eyes directed right at hers and he could see the small smirk that had emerged on her face. "I think, it's you who should get up and fight," she chimed slowly, "Liam Carter." Liam couldn't hide his light smirk as he stared back at the woman he soon became interested in. "Well done, Lennon," he said as their faces were inches away. Their breathing was at the same pace at the moment, he realized, and looking up at her eyes were different than looking down at it. A thought crossed his mind but he pushed it away, his fist tightening slightly before it relaxed when she shifted a bit at the weird position they were both in. Her arm gave way and she fell on the bed next to him, one hand suddenly gripping tightly on her upper right arm. Liam sat up after being released under the position and leaned over the girl next to him. She was badly wounded on her right arm and already had a small puddle of fresh blood on his bed. Before anything, he reached for the gun and unloaded it, putting the safety lock back on. He tossed it with a small crash onto his table beside the bed and turned his attention back to the silent woman. "Jamie," he called out, his eyes unconsciously softening at her body becoming small again. "Shut up, bastard," she whined softly, "Just let me bleed in peace." And even at that comment, even given the situation he caused, a quick chuckle escaped his lips. "If we leave it like that it'll get infected, princess." What... in the world was he doing? "... You have a gauze?" she asked, using her hand as one at the moment. Liam nodded slowly and pushed himself off the bed, his legs walking him to his bathroom to fetch some medical aid tools that he hadn't need in a while. He didn't know why he was helping the girl. He should be back to sleep by now. He came back and turned on the light on his small table and the room lit up dimly. He saw that his once all white t-shirt was dyed red on one side by her blood. "Give me your arm," He said to her as he took a seat next to her on the bed. The mattress creaked a little as he did. She looked up at him, still holding onto her arm. "No," she responded, eyeing him suspiciously, "This is my arm." "Do you want to be disinfected or not," He pushed. She frowned and sneaked a glance at her arm before looking up at him again. "I can do it myself," she finally answered. Liam sighed, "Lennon, stop being stubborn. Come here." "This is all your fault," she pointed out, hesitating before turning completely around to face him and carefully lifted her arm up to him. He examined the deep wound and began disinfecting it while she one-handedly cut herself a long piece of gauze with a small medical scissors. He finally wrapped it gently around her arm and secured it. The two of them paused for a moment before looking at each other. "Can I sleep now," Jamie asked him, her eyes blinking slowly. He could tell she was tired. He was too. He gave her a half-smile, "Yeah." "You sure," she pressed on. "Yeah." "No shooting me anymore?" "No shooting you anymore," Liam responded, putting his hands up slightly as a sign of surrender. "Promise?" she piped. His eyebrows arched a bit as he looked at her innocent face with a slight tilt of his head. He nodded, "Promise." She held out a slender pinky to him and paused, waiting for him to wrap his own around hers to seal the deal. And that's exactly what he did. He lifted his hand up and leaned in towards the girl, his finger gently wrapping around her smaller one as soon as they had made skin contact. "You can't break a pinky promise," she informed him, relieved a bit after they had finished. He smirked as the woman sat herself up and walked slowly away, back to her dark and cold corner. "What kind of agent doesn't break a promise?" Liam asked her calmly, "It's just a pinky promise." With two thumb fingers sticking out, she tiredly pointed to herself and replied, "This one." "Promises were meant to be broken," he countered before going back into his bed and getting ready to sleep. Before he turned off the lights, however, he heard her say one last reply to him

"No... promises were always meant to be kept . .

. but they can be broken."

Make a promise, Keep a promise, Don't break a promise

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 12:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
13| Miscalculation
I felt the sun brightening up the room as the warm sun rays lightly shined on my still closed eyelids. My eyes eventually fluttered open to find myself in someone else's room. It took a moment for me to remember the events of yesterday and last night. I sat up and felt a soft fabric move against me. Looking down, I saw a big, cream white blanket covering my body. My head tilted at it in confusion for a bit before I glanced up at the boy sleeping on his bed. He had no blanket. Realizing that he must've placed it on me after our fight (literally), I couldn't help but smile as I watched him sleep peacefully. A closer inspection and I could tell parts of the blanket near my right arm had been stained red and I started moving the blanket away from me. I got up and walked quietly to the bathroom to wash up. I had to re-wear my outfit from yesterday when I had detention and I hesitantly put it on, folding Liam's white t- shirt neatly and placing it at the foot of the bed once I had left the bathroom. I stared at the boy who didn't seem to move after several minutes and I stood there not knowing what to do. I took the black ribbon and quickly made my hair into a messy bun. I finished and placed my hand on my hips as it dropped down. My eyes went to the boy. "Wake up, Carter," I exclaimed. I sighed after I heard no response. "Liam," I raised my voice, "It's time to wake up." "What time is it," he finally replied softly with his morning voice. My eyes widened at the fact that he was now awake. I glanced at the clock on his bedside and answered, "9:35." "Two more hours," he yawned quietly, stretching a bit before turning on his side. I raised my eyebrows after I heard his steady breathing again within a few seconds. He didn't just fall back to sleep that quick... did he...? Is that even possible? I let out a soft sigh and looked around the room for something to do. I should just go shopping for new clothes. Why should I tell him? Making up my mind, I grabbed my backpack and quietly left the room. _ The moment I stepped out of the academy the cold air hit me like a moving truck. It was absolutely freezing. A chill ran down my spine as my legs tensed up. Yesterday it was beautiful weather. Today it was hideous. I pulled my backpack closer to my body and walked across the pathway to the driveway behind the school. As I walked on the grass, tiny wet dew drops grazed my warm ankles. I reached my black car and went inside. If I even remember the directions to the mall, I'd be lucky. I started driving as my mind wandered to the incident last night. What happened to my room? Who bombed it? Although Liam had said it wasn't him or Kai, I'm starting to doubt him. My expression darkened at the memory of him trying to shoot me in my sleep. I let out a long sigh as I slowed down to a stop at the stoplight. He would've succeeded if I hadn't woken up. If I hadn't had that dream. Just the thought of my past made my mood drop. Thank god it's the past for a reason.

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 12:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
_ With the little allowance I had, I grabbed myself a simple black sweater and dark blue jeans. I eyed the noisy mall and wondered if there was any other sale happening at the time. I mean, I'm cheap. My eyes caught on to a rather nice looking dark azure dress that flowed elegantly outwards at the ends. I lingered on the outfit for a moment before tearing my eyes off of it. There was no point for me to keep looking at something I couldn't buy. And just when I had decided it was time for me to leave the chaotic place, I caught the head of a familiar boy from afar. Mentally rolling my eyes as hard as my imagination could envision, I gave myself a single moment to take one deep breath before forcing my two legs to walk forward to the boy. But my annoyed composure soon died out the closer I approached him, as I was soon feeling confused when I saw he was with two other people. Two other unwelcomed people. My arm reached out faster than my mind could process thoughts and in an instant my eyes stared into my ex- boyfriend's jade-tinted ones. "Carlos, what the hell are you doing," I spat in his face as I finally got his full attention. "Jamie?" came Allison's confused voice. I didn't give her two damns as I blocked out her voice. I was instead occupied with the reason why Carlos, aka Helene's boyfriend, aka father of a child, was talking to Allison Frances and Daniel Ordeon. "Jamie," Carlos began as he looked at me for the first time in two years, "Wait, it's not-" I glared at the boy I detested. I hated him. I hated his girlfriend. But, I don't do cheaters. "Tell me it's a misunderstanding, and don't you dare give me a lie, I've had it with you and your nonsense," I told him lowly. His eyes softened at me as he nodded and told me it was a misunderstanding. He was out shopping with Helene. The girl was somewhere unknown. Allison had walked up to him. At the mention of the girl I was in charge of, I finally remembered her importance to me. At least she's supposed to be. I gave her a glance. She was fine. Nothing hurt, nothing damaged. Like always. "Jamie, is he your boyfriend or something?" Allison asked. I raised my eyebrows at her question after Carlos backed away from her upon the unspoken message sent from my eyes to his. "None of your business," I responded as my eyes turned dull when I looked at both her and her boyfriend, "You and Daniel need to just learn how to worry about your own partners." Daniel stared at me amused. I wanted to wipe that smug smile off his face with my fist. "Hey," Allison stepped in, her face darkening, "Leave us alone, brat." "Likewise," I countered, gesturing for Carlos to follow me when I started leaving. I wasn't about to walk far though. Daniel managed to wrap his strong hand around my wrist before I turned around and yanked it away.

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by Ayoshewa12(f): 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for the update sir

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by kliendiddy: 6:22am On Apr 16, 2018
there's this twist I don't understand-that's jamie having to stay in the same room with a guy i consider a threat to her mission through the night
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 8:29am On Apr 16, 2018
kliendiddy:
there's this twist I don't understand-that's jamie having to stay in the same room with a guy i consider a threat to her mission through the night
that's because her room was bombed while she was away with Liam
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by Fazemood(m): 8:02pm On Apr 16, 2018
Let me first commend you on your determination to write this story, its not easy writing talkless of an action thriller.
But there are errors in your storyline,
1, Action stories are expected to be more suspence filled which this story lacks
2, Movements of our suppose protagonist "jamie" is too predictable and childish.Nothing depicts any trait of a trained agent except for her ability to disguise and stay hidden for 2yrs.
3, In chapter 5 jamie went on a mission to kill Liam, yet instead of doing what she went for was chit chatting with not just him but another assasin kai who are both well trained and on a mission.This never happens as agents are known to talk little and act more.
4, Jamie movement to Liam's dorm was totally unprofessional.An agent calculates and is in proper kit b4 embarking on a mission.This part made the story childplay like 4 me tho.
5, Lastly, agent in their various field don't advertise their skills just as Jamie did in Liam's room.
Anyway WELDONE it aint e~z ,doin wat you're doing
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 9:49pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ayoshewa12:
Thanks for the update sir
u wlcm ma
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 9:52pm On Apr 16, 2018
"Don't touch me," I growled in a low tone, taking a step back, "We have no business with each other." He simply smirked, "Calm down Jamie. I was just going to invite you to Allison's party tonight." "Why?" It wasn't me that said that. I was going to though. Daniel turned to Allison and said, "I just feel like it. Why not, everyone's there. Even the geeks and the nerds. It's a chance for the losers to come and understand how much of a loser they are." "Oh this boy," I commented hysterically, one hand going to my hip as the other ran up swiftly atop my earth-brown hair that was put up into a bun earlier. "You have a problem, Jamie?" Daniel jeered. I stopped and turned back to him, "Oh I don't, but you definitely do. Don't try me, Ordeon." Allison and Carlos stared at the two of us arguing at each other in our own worlds. I'm assuming they were confused. "Maybe I should punch some sense into you," Daniel continued, flexing his muscles, "Your smart mouth's bringing you all kinds of consequences." "I'm surprised you even know that word. But," I stalled, pursing my lips together, "can you spell it though?" "That's it-" He aimed a punch at me. I was ready. The idiot's been getting on my last nerves and I was so prepared to just deliver some of my own skills at him. But you know who always ruin the fun for me? My other group of enemies. Aka Liam Carter and Kai Bennet. "Liam. Kai," I uttered, eyes wide at them now stationed in front of me. Kai was the one blocking the punch impressively. I realized we should stop and tugged fiercely on his sleeve to go. We were totally blowing our cover. I mean, they wouldn't know. But still. "Who the hell are you?" Daniel growled, confused at being stopped by two other men his size. He didn't recognize Liam at first because they didn't have first block together, but apparently they had some class together, because in two seconds his eyes arched at the boy and exclaimed, "Liam Carter? The new kid?" Liam looked up at him innocently and put on a quick, fake smile and replied, "Hey there, classmate." And that's not all of our new additions. In comes two other friends of Daniel and Allison, and Helene. I'm assuming Cherish was still tucked in at the temporary dorm room Helene was assigned to before they officially set her up with another student. She had slowed down upon entering the scene, and went towards Carlos who probably was summarizing the situation to her. "Mind your goddamm business," Daniel hissed in Kai's face. His other two friends caught on quickly and knew that he was about to fight someone. They were instantly pumped up. "Leave my girl alone, then," Kai smirked up at the angry man before him, "We have a deal, pal?" Daniel scoffed and glanced at Allison, who kept quiet but glared at us nonetheless, before turning back to all of us. "We can go right now," Daniel suddenly suggested, "You losers need someone to teach you your place." Once I realized what the boy was intending to do right now, I had to hold back a small laugh. No, I really had to. Oh, has this boy miscalculated. Imagine the look on his face when he realizes that he wasn't picking a fight with just I.O. students Jamie, Liam, Kai, Helene, and Carlos. Instead, he was picking a fight with undercover R.U. and Renai agents. The captain of the football team and his two players... Versus one sniper, one spotter, one trained-in-combat agent, and two assassins. Boy has he miscalculated today. Like I said: The nerds will become future hackers, and the quiet will become undercover agents.
You never know.
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 9:56pm On Apr 16, 2018
Fazemood:
Let me first commend you on your determination to write this story, its not easy writing talkless of an action thriller.
But there are errors in your storyline,
1, Action stories are expected to be more suspence filled which this story lacks
2, Movements of our suppose protagonist "jamie" is too predictable and childish.Nothing depicts any trait of a trained agent except for her ability to disguise and stay hidden for 2yrs.
3, In chapter 5 jamie went on a mission to kill Liam, yet instead of doing what she went for was chit chatting with not just him but another assasin kai who are both well trained and on a mission.This never happens as agents are known to talk little and act more.
4, Jamie movement to Liam's dorm was totally unprofessional.An agent calculates and is in proper kit b4 embarking on a mission.This part made the story childplay like 4 me tho.
5, Lastly, agent in their various field don't advertise their skills just as Jamie did in Liam's room.
Anyway WELDONE it aint e~z ,doin wat you're doing
Thanks for the observation

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by GooseBump: 12:00am On Apr 17, 2018
eazykolobo becca2017 swtangeljones, temmydeby, Maymac, kokolet007(f), Black5050, Funkyjenny, , rayvelez, charytea, iheanyi40, Godwindanielboy, CalciumB3, SONFGOD12, MhizSuccess, Joislim URANTAALLWELL Peterdrumz GeneralB, princessyere1, switlolly27, WHIZKIDEFE, Harwal, GooseBump, Silver1996
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by SamuelTurner(m): 12:11am On Apr 17, 2018
itzcephas(m), rayreddington(m), prettyboi1(m), Bolanlevivian, Bakozy(m), Mrsimplexvi, stillseth, Kfed4ril(m), Jtmanager(m), AZeD1(m), Bambela(m), Woke4all(m), MarioLope(m), ottohan, shizzy07(m), princeleo2017(m), Earthbound(m
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by SamuelTurner(m): 12:11am On Apr 17, 2018
zico70, Dhavido(m), Tikabodi2tg, reindeer, Moyenii(f), vIQtoOor(m), qualityovenbake(m), hanity(f), sikells(m), Accipetex(m), switlolly27, emperorakins, Bakozy(m), Mrsimplexvi, stillseth, Kfed4ril(m), Woke4all(m), shizzy07(m), Bambela(m), lightness77(m), philcz(m),
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by SamuelTurner(m): 12:12am On Apr 17, 2018
Adukey(f), lukman22, Opinionated, oshikes(m), smartec, michealadah(m), adamsy5111(m), Ares1994, Bengazy82, breadtom, AnnaBelleW(f), LeviiWesT(m), Shittaakeem(m), chikachike86(m), Ganjafama, Damilare6293, FannySwindler1, victorian(f), Livebygrace, otopxy, Larryomooba(m), Equal2DeTask, megbu, johnpaschal(m), thebosstrevor, softprick, Mentholated, Itsachair, Ezkid, chiboy1116, tunemike(m), humblesteve(m), orledaj(m

1 Like

Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 17, 2018
SamuelTurner:
itzcephas(m), rayreddington(m), prettyboi1(m),
Bolanlevivian, Bakozy(m), Mrsimplexvi, stillseth, Kfed4ril(m),
Jtmanager(m), AZeD1(m), Bambela(m), Woke4all(m),
MarioLope(m), ottohan, shizzy07(m), princeleo2017(m),
Earthbound(m

Yes??
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by SamuelTurner(m): 12:14am On Apr 17, 2018
erniok(m), handelex(m), felixomor, Validated, Satohb01, phemmyfour, edujandon(m), dodobytes, tuna4servi(m), musaezzy, okiks12, odrian(m), afokenny, Oyebee91(m), slic0355(m), flinder, psalmson001, HRHF, AZeD1(m), Rheminx
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2018
14 | Day One

We were gonna back out. "Haha, let's not," I started, grabbing onto Liam's shirt and tugging him as a sign to retreat. Liam looked back at me and cocked his eyebrows amusingly, "Why," he whispered with a smug smile pasted on his face, "You scared, Lennon?" I leaned into him and sped-whispered, "Carter you know goddamn well we're gonna end up murdering the poor boys before they could even see their grandkids, have you no mercy? " He seemed to think about it for a moment. "Guess not," he popped, averting his attention away from me and instead at a heated Daniel and his pumped up friends. I wasn't sure what to do right now. 99% of me wanted to join in. The other 1% was bound to the contract we agents follow. But I didn't have time to think anymore. They were gonna do it. They were gonna end it today. I'm gonna have to dig three graves today. I'm gonna having to dig three goddamn graves today- Oh, hold up. Someone came to stop that from happening. "Would I be able to interest your group in any special sales we're offering today?" A young working attendant obliviously came up and greeted us cheerfully in a sing- song voice. Everyone paused. I turned around and 'ctrl + c, ctrl + v'-ied the same sweet face I'd been using with my teachers since 2015. "No ma'am we're shopping separately," I answered, "However, the girl with the golden locks and her three guy friends would like to go and peruse the underwear section. I heard you're having a special buy two get one free sale?" I have never prayed harder in my life. And not just to one god, no, I needed all the gods. I prayed that there was a buy two get one free sale for underwears today. To, Jesus and friends. "Oh, you are quite right!" she replied to my question, placing her hands together and glancing at Allison and her group. Quite right. Q-ui-t-e right? Since when was there a 'quite right.' You know, if the head of the R.U. said to me, "Agent W, I assume you finished your mission?" and I had answered him, "You are quite right, sir." Do you know how I would end up? Not with my cash that's for sure. I'm gonna end up starving that week. Goddamn, why can't there just be a right and wrong. The world's so complicated, and the English language along with it. "Please follow me then," the attendant directed at Daniel. He seemed to still be trying to understand the sudden change in the situation, but Allison wrapped her arms around him and dragged him away. The other two boys followed suite, equally confused. Allison and Daniel glared daggers into my eyes as they passed. The attendant worker guided them away and I was able to let out a loud, long breath.
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2018
I turned back to the ill-fated group I was always bumping into. "Hey," I snapped, eyeing down all four of them who were lined up perfectly in front of me. I was at a lost for words. Not because I had nothing to say, but because I had too much to say. If I started talking and lecturing that group in front of me right now, we'd might as well camp out at the mall for the night. "I can't believe you two," I finally managed to let out at Liam and Kai instead. "Lennon, I meant what I said," Liam chimed, "If he's asking for a fight, he's got it." "It's my business," I countered back, frowning, "My conflict with Allison and the likes of her go back two years before you all were even here. I'd appreciate it if you stayed out of it like it had been so far." Kai rolled his eyes and he and Liam quickly glanced at each other before looking back at me. "Why do we even have to deal with her? She's so ungrateful. My heart hurts," he commented slyly, running a hand through his dirty blonde hair. Liam cracked a smile and hit the man playfully on the chest. I looked back and forth at the two in their own world with my eyebrows raised. What have I gotten myself into? What is it with this year? Why is stuff suddenly happening to me now? I gave up and turned to Helene and Carlos, and my form instantly turned quiet. Needless to say, it was still awkward between the three of us. "Jamie," Carlos broke the silence. I gave him my attention and waited for the two words I needed to hear from him before I could secretly put the two-year grudge against him and his girlfriend behind me. Secretly, I say. I'm not going to show that I accept them. From now on, they're going to have to work for my trust again. Carlos didn't avoid my eyes either. His bright green eyes stared back at me and out of his two lips came the words, " I'm sorry." And another weight was finally lifted. I was so thankful for it as well. There were some things in the past that I did wanted to have back, and two of those were my friend and my best friend. Physically, I had them. Mentally, they were years behind. But that's where we start today. If our friendship was real, then that gap would gradually begin to close. And although there would always be a gap, maybe one day it'd become unnoticeable.
Day 1. _ We stopped by Helene's temporary dorm to pick up baby Cherish. And by 'we,' I meant Liam and I. Kai did himself a favor and went back to Liam's room without asking the man himself, while Carlos had to go back to his dorm room. "You hold the baby," I suggested to Liam after we had left the girls dormitory and entered the boy's. Liam eyed me weirdly before, I assumed, he chose to ignore me. I groaned. I wasn't kidding. I didn't know a thing about handling a child, nevermind holding it.
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
We walked silently back with Cherish. _ "Welcome back mom, dad," Kai lazily said to us once Liam opened his door. Liam tossed his keys inside a cabinet drawer before replying, "Greetings, gramps." I rolled my eyes and started spreading out an area on the floor for the baby with the supplies that Helene gave to me. "Uh," I said under my breath afterwards, scratching my head a little as I held the child awkwardly, "I think I put you in here..." The second I placed her inside her cushion bed thingy, Liam pointed out before he headed into the bathroom to wash up that I had placed the baby in upside down. "But how would you even know," I asked to no one in particular. Kai replied, "The pictures were upside down, dumbhead." I raised my eyebrows at him, "Don't you tell me the sun and clouds look different upside down." "But obviously the sun doesn't go under the clouds," he countered irritated. "It does during sunset," I glared at him. "It's not even sunset though!" he exclaimed, sitting up on the bed as he crossed his legs together and frowned at me, "Look how far away the mountains and the sun are from each other!" "Ohmygod it's not even to scale," I shot back, "The sun and mountain's only 3 inches away from each other! It looks fucking sunset to me!" The bathroom door bursted open and Liam's irritated head popped out. "Would y'all shut the Bleep up? Can't I wash my face in fucking peace." "He's right!" Kai exclaimed abruptly, scaring the shit out of both me and Liam, "Bleep PEACE. I call war!" "Oh... mygod," I cried, covering my head inside my hands as I was 100% done with him and his shit. Suddenly, baby Cherish cried. We all snapped our heads towards her and I leaned down closer to the bed to check what was going on. "She's crying," I exclaimed, suddenly feeling panicky. Is this what mothers felt? I don't like it at all. "Obviously," Liam replied, closing the bathroom door and looking back at the new scene. I picked her up and cradled her the best I could in my arms. She was still crying. "Why hasn't it stopped," Kai groaned, shutting the noise out with the pillows that Liam had neatly laid out for himself. If I could see Liam's face at the moment, his eyebrows would've been twitching. "Uh," I began, fumbling with my words, "I-I got it! MILK HER!" I piped, holding the baby out to Kai. My mistake. Kai looked at me with the most disgusted and weirded-out face a man could possibly make before he stuttered, "Did she just- Did she-" to Liam. Liam bit his mouth closed and silently occupied himself with scratching his head over and over again. Kai turned back to me and shouted, "DO MY BOOBS LOOK LIKE THEY CONTAIN ADEQUATE MILK SUPPLY FOR THAT CHILD, HUH? DOES IT LENNON?" I was so embarrassed. Kill me now. "N-No I didn't mean that I-" I stuttered, pulling the baby back to me and whining, "I meant pass me her bottle you misunderstanding jerk." Liam was turned away from us with his head in his hand. Aside from his silent corner, we have the weirded out corner featuring your assassin Kai Bennet. Then come on down to my corner and you'll have a disorganized woman and a wailing baby. Just what is it with this year? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad bit scared for my future. _ How was the last two chapters? :3 Did it give you guys a moment to connect and relate with the characters? Well, I'm here to say that I wish it did fulfill those goals... Because the next several chapters I have planned for you guys, ... are no longer carefree and safe. There's always a moment of relief before danger makes its appearance. Enjoy the happiness while it lasts.
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 1:42pm On Apr 17, 2018
15 | It's Good To Be Back
12:55pm They were fast asleep. All three of them. I would have been too, if the wound on my right arm didn't hurt every three seconds of me falling into sleep. Keeping quiet, I forced my body off the ground with one hand and gasped for air the second I managed to hoist myself up. The gauze needed changing, but it would take three centuries for me to do everything myself. That being said, I was preparing to sacrifice sleep for a stupid arm. I found my way through the dark and entered the bathroom, making sure the door clicked softly shut before I dared turn on the lights. My hair was a bundled mess. I grabbed the brush and combed through my hair for a while before using the same black ribbon I've been using to tie my hair into a high ponytail. While I was in the process of cleaning myself up, I did myself a favor and washed my face as well. Two years and five decades later, I exit the bathroom feeling exhausted and defeated. The gauze wrapping was changed. 1:26am I glanced at the clock and an irritable thought crossed my mind. According to my mission, I was to follow Allison Frances wherever she went and protect her from being assassinated. However, said assassinators were knocked dead out on the bed, snoring. I don't think I want to go. Suddenly, a quiet ringer went off from my phone. My eyes widened immediately and I quickly went to snatch it up before it woke the whole crew. Opening the contact, my breath hitched as I realized who it was. "Axel??" I exclaimed under my breath, quickly checking to see that the screen brightness was all the way off. "Hey," He greeted me in the calm, yet playful voice that I knew. "Why now," I whined, though it was short-lived. I was glad to talk to him again, no doubt. It's just the place, the time, the people here... It wasn't exactly the best moment to have a conversation. "Just checking up on you..." Axel replied, "Hey, what's wrong? You're not whining cause I woke you up from your sleep, are you?" Oh yeah. Sleep. Forgot that existed. "... No," I answered, scratching my head slowly. "How's the mission going?" he changed the topic. "I uh," I began, silently cursing myself in my head for not being a better liar when he interrogates me. Axel would freak out if I told him that not only was the mission going smoothly, but I was also currently sleeping with both of my enemies, and I'm raising a baby with them. Haha, no way in hell could I tell him. Someone else would have to do that, I'm out. "She's great, Axel. How've you been buddy?" Yeah, like that person. Thank you so much for- ... Wait- My head snapped to the bed and although it was pitch black inside the room besides the faint glow of light on the side of my face from my phone, I could tell Liam was up. And he was staring at me too. "Who... in the fucking hell is that," Axel's voice came menacingly through the phone, his tone suddenly dropping three octaves.
Re: THE AGENTS (action Thriller) by CalciumB3: 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2018
Damn that Carter. "No one," I reassured the man, "No one." Axel was quiet on the other line. He knew something. "So this is the Axel you've been talking to," Liam commented from his bed, smirking at my panicking form. "Liam!" I shouted in a whisper, all the muscles in my face scrunching together just to get the message across to that one boy to shut up. "Liam??" Axel exclaimed, "Wait a fucking second, wasn't he-" "Uh," I interrupted quickly, looking for ways to end the call. I wasn't ready. I didn't want to be lectured. Not by Axel, not by Axel, not by Axel. "It was nice talking to you hope we can catch up one day love you bye," I squeaked, ending the call immediately so that the last word I heard was my name being screamed at the lowest volume my phone allowed me to go. I shut off my phone and tossed it to the side, hurriedly getting up. "What the actual Bleep Carter," I snapped at the boy who was watching me silently. "What," he said calmly back, "Someone had to tell Axel." "Don't say his name like you're close to him." Liam put his hands up in surrender before putting them down again. I let out a loud sigh and was about to go back to sleep when I realized the fact that my enemy was awake. I suddenly frowned and looked at him, "Hey." Liam's eyes met mine and he broke into a side smile, "What." "Why are you up?" I asked straightforward. The man stalled by looking away and at the time on the clock. 1:59am He wasn't. He couldn't. He wouldn't...? He would. "You're not going to..." I trailed off, not sure if I should imply what his next moves were. It was dangerous. When the both of us started taking on our actual role, we were complete strangers, and complete enemies. Not only that, we can't trust each other, and it was always wise to keep in mind that our little charade that we put on everyday was only to keep ourselves alive in the current situation. If Liam and I had met at a different time, and a different place, one of us would've been long gone by now. Sometimes, I had to remind myself that. I was getting a little too comfortable. "Back to sleep Lennon," he suddenly said, smiling softly at me. I stared at him for a moment. Just a moment and I understood what he meant. Close your eyes and pretend you don't know what I'm planning to do. Listen to me, Jamie. If you follow me, it'll get ugly. My eyes frowned ever so slightly as I stated, "I'm tired. Maybe I should. It's 2:00am." I know you're going to Allison's party.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Waves Of Emotions / The Billionaire's Secret Heartthrob / A Story: To Love And To Hold: One Last Chance At Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 220
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.