Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? (4619 Views)

We Take Writing Projects: Romance, Crime, Sci Fi, Children's Literature Etc / Hills And Wills Nwokedi, Twin Authors Of Dominik's Diaries / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by Coldfeets: 7:58am On Apr 13, 2018
I still have all my Famous Five, Secret Seven and so many other works of my favorite children's book author in the person of Enid Blyton.

1 Like

Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by Wendy80(f): 8:06am On Apr 13, 2018
The few children books I saw sometime with my little nephews the 'gbagauns' were too much. Wrong tenses everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by zekepio(m): 8:10am On Apr 13, 2018
The market for children's novels and plays is not favorable in Nigeria.
I'm currently scripting five short kid's plays for a white client and he's paying peanuts for the job. Do I blame him or the unfavorable market in Nigeria?
Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 13, 2018
Children no longer read.
Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by ctex4real(m): 8:18am On Apr 13, 2018
But my sister here reads all manner of childrens literature. She has readFrom Nani boy to many others.
Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by egworlordor(m): 8:52am On Apr 13, 2018
I have written 3 children literature, would you help me make sales?
Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 13, 2018
Eaugusta:
I think the market is poor, why? Because parents these days only concentrate on buying books recommended by school for their children. My opinion though
You are absolutely correct

1 Like

Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by Fmartin(m): 9:32am On Apr 13, 2018
motherfucker:
the Nigerian educational sphere of interest is on decline. The interest is no longer there. The market is shrinking and do you want them to make books people are not willing to buy? Nigeria's reading culture is diminishing everyday.
hmmm... Its really sad.
Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by Fmartin(m): 9:35am On Apr 13, 2018
Wendy80:
The few children books I saw sometime with my little nephews the 'gbagauns' were too much. Wrong tenses everywhere.
hmmm...
Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by MaeBlocks(f): 9:37am On Apr 13, 2018
My husband is a very good writer, he has a well written children literature novel but publishing is very expensive. Is there a cheap publishing and marketing house we can be referred to?
Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by Fmartin(m): 9:43am On Apr 13, 2018
uchman48:
How many children are on Nairaland, so you want them to start writing for children. Register your child then you can start writing for him or her, but when they start viewing topics in romance section, no complain oooooo
i never say they should write it online. We have been seeing testimonies of various published novels.

So novels like sugar girl, the drummer boy, stories my mother told etc... Were they written on net?

We writers on nairaland can also do same in writing and publishing children's literary works. Not necessary online. cheesy
Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by Fmartin(m): 9:47am On Apr 13, 2018
MaeBlocks:
My husband is a very good writer, he has a well written children literature novel but publishing is very expensive. Is there a cheap publishing and marketing house we can be referred to?
just like me. I have finished writing a novel for the kids, but the publishing and marketing is the problem now.
Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 13, 2018
Because this generation has nothing to teach the children which is worth writing in books

In our time we had books that taught values. E.g
Without a silver spoon
Eze goes to school
And many more....

The dearth of values and increase in violence, nudity, drugs abuse is the reason we dont have any stories to tell our children
Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by Originalsly: 11:17am On Apr 13, 2018
Bad market. ...if parents don't read...they wouldn't encourage their children to read. Do parents generally buy books for their kids?...or games? On Nairaland... adults... write two paragraphs and see requests for summary....a child's book may be too long for the adult. .... why would they ehmmm....torture their kid to read it? Sad.
Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by paix(m): 11:18am On Apr 13, 2018
The reason I believe, is as a result of the video games they play both online and at home (Nintendo). They pay less attention to such books. That's why most of them have problems with spellings, pronunciation etc.
Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by darlenese(f): 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2018
why are "Nigerian Authors " not interested in children's literature .

answer : bad market ,
yahoo yahoo has taken .
Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by armzyville(m): 7:57pm On Apr 13, 2018
Then do it...
Re: Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? by gaby(m): 9:40am On Jun 24, 2018
Ishilove:

True. VERY TRUE

Everything in Nigeria doesn't truly revolve around connection I've come to realize based on personal experience, so long as you have a relevant content and have gotten your side of the bargain properly sorted.

I was just testing the waters with my book and thought, why not ruffle some feathers...so I crafted a very attention grabbing cover letter. If you were the one reading my accompanying letter, believe me you'd want to see and ask me a few questions. I dropped the letter with a grin and left. Within four days I was called up for a meeting, come see questions and argument about if I was the one that truly authored the book and wrote the letter to them, judging from my background as a drop out. I reeled out my primary and secondary school names to them for confirmation. The quest for money didn't quite afford me the time to think furthering my education, so na school of life I attend.

They were all in awe and told me they receive requests on a daily but never one as this...lol.

Just get something loaded and relevant, you'd need no third or long leg.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pregnant For The Devil - A Romantic Novel (18+) / 'League of Writers' Formerly Known As 'NL Super Writers Forum' / Last Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.