Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) (6382 Views)

My NYSC Experience In Kano: One Year Of Joy, Challenges, Tears And Victory / My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. / Lanre Amu: ‘My NYSC Experience At 54' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) by emmyid(m): 7:05pm On Apr 12, 2018
Are you scared of serving in the North, do you want to know what it feels like to serve and live in the North (My experience)? Then, hop into this bus, grab your ice cream and pop corn let me take you on this roller-coaster ride.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I had never dreamt of ever living in the Northern part of Nigeria, not even in my wildest dreams. Never!

Ops! Excuse my ill manners. My name is Emmy Ogon Idiege aka Le Roi, a South-South boy who was born and bred up in the Southern region of Nigeria, and this is my story!

Here was I, in a cyber cafe drowned in fear, anxiously waiting for my NYSC Call-Up letter to be printed. In no time, it was printed and handed over to me, I hurriedly checked for where I was posted to, "Nasarawa State! O God why?" I screamed, as my jaw dropped, my heart skipped and my world came crashing all at the same time.

Immediately, I called my friends to know where they were posted to, their answers broke me the more "Davis - Enugu, Prisca- Akwa Ibom, Jerome - Rivers", so I'm the only one going to the North? Where did I offend my ancestors? I asked myself.

At this juncture, I had no choice but to face reality squarely, and deal with this roller-coaster journey of life without fear. I started surfing the Internet to know more about Nasarawa State, and her people. I also read write-ups of Ex Corps members who served there, and their stories gave me hope. So, I was ready for what ever!

**Fast Forward** The D-day finally arrived, that morning my Mum prayed for me, asking God to Provide a job for me immediately after service (Did God answer the prayers? Stay tuned!)
I headed to the park where I was to board a bus. Need I tell you I wasn't prepared at all? As frustrated as I was, I was yet to buy my camp kits**wahala** I joined a bus that was headed for Makurdi. My friend Davis who was posted to Enugu, was already at Makurdi. And since he was acquainted to the City, he accompanied me to the market where I finally bought some kits and provisions for camp, then I went broke afterwards. **sad**

From Makurdi, I joined another bus that was to take me straight to camp. While in the Bus, I met fellow, unlucky (O!So I thought) guys who were posted to same place. It was a long journey of about 7 hours, but I enjoyed every bit of it, as I got to behold the beauty of mother nature en route my destination.

Finally , we arrived @ Magaji Dan Yamusa NYSC Orientation Camp, Keffi. As I alighted from the BUS, the scorching sun and Fierce looking Army officers who were at the camp Gate, welcomed me to the North in a horrible way. The camp exercise lasted for three weeks, and note! I never had a camp girl friend, because the little money I had could barely solve my needs, never wanted dragging an innocent girl into my financially miserable life. Lol

After three weeks of camping, I was posted to a Private school **not too good** in a town called Akwanga.

Then the real journey begins...

I had thought people of Northern Nigeria were all Hausas and Muslims. When I got to Akwanga I realised Hausa was spoken as the general language, but they had their own culture and dialect, and were predominantly Christians but behave like the Hausas though.

Akwanga was a very cheap (no money there) and friendly town,steady power supply, water wasn't much of a problem. And above all, their girls **O lawd** Since they have this Northern orientation, they dress modestly, and always cover their hair like Hausa ladies too. But hey! they're very active in "za oda room"( I'm even thinking of picking a wife from there... Lol). If you think Calabar girls are the best in 'Bedmatics', then try an Akwanga girl. Not forgetting my neigbour's kid who came count on any girl who comes by. **crazy, but lovely kids**

Unlike in the South where drinking of Beer was normal, I mean, my Mum could share a beer with me**winks**, here, most of them frown at beer, to think they're not even holy is funny(city of adultery and fuckery), although few drink too.

Drugs consumption in the North is alarming, I mean, they hawk hard drugs on the streets. Since, beer is Haram to most of them, they seek solace in this hard drugs. (Hypocrisy)

I also made so many friends, mostly females, and few guys. I was a member of NACC (Catholic Corpers) family, every body was so nice to me, Akwanga became home.

**Fast forward** Days became weeks, weeks became months, and finally, we were talking about Passing Out already. The journey finally came to an end, but just like my Mum has said in her prayers before I had embarked on this trip "Go and be favoured". I was retained by my school.... Did I take the offer? Stay tuned!!!

P/S- shout out to Tuo Chikafa, Kunu aya, Awara et al. I love you all. Shhhh.. Those were my favorite meals not girls. �

To be continued.

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) by Emily22(m): 7:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
I dey wait
Re: My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) by emmyid(m): 7:28pm On Apr 12, 2018
Emily22... No P!
Re: My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) by Soteriahascome: 7:29pm On Apr 12, 2018
You went to the city of fuckery??
Re: My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) by emmyid(m): 7:34pm On Apr 12, 2018
Soteriahascome:
You went to the city of fuckery??

Yes! And it was more like prayer being answered. I loved every moment of my life in that Sin-city.
Re: My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) by emmyid(m): 7:36pm On Apr 12, 2018
Lalasticlacla and co... Let's celebrate POP with NYSC tales. How abt that?

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) by Soteriahascome: 7:46pm On Apr 12, 2018
emmyid:

Yes! And it was more like prayer being answered. I loved every moment of my life in that Sin-city.

Hope you didn't Bleep person wife??

You went to serve with your d1ck... Congratulations copa

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) by emmyid(m): 7:50pm On Apr 12, 2018
Soteriahascome:

Hope you didn't Bleep person wife??
You went to serve with your d1ck... Congratulations copa
No na... My dick get prestige na.. Haba
Re: My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) by CassieV(f): 8:59am On Apr 13, 2018
Cc Revontuli
Re: My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) by Kingsley1000(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2018
No camp gf no local gf...nice story anyway
Re: My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 27, 2018
Akwanga is my local government, we drink and allow beer, especially ""burukutu"'. So you go my village go Bleep my fellow Mada girls ba?
Re: My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) by ofhismercy(m): 11:01am On Feb 19, 2020
Some months back I heard about CUG Line. Prior to that time I do spend a lot on call card especially when I am speaking with loved ones. Sometimes I spent nothing less than #500 on a daily basis on call with loved ones. A married uncle told me that instead of spending unnecessarily calling loved ones, I should get a CUG line and register anybody that I do call frequently. I did that and the rest is history
Re: My Nysc Experience in the North (Nassarawa Corper) by ofhismercy(m): 11:01am On Feb 19, 2020
Hi...
MTN CUG remains the best. For your MTN CUG LINE. I can be trusted with that.
You don't need to buy another MTN SIM. I mean you can still use your curent SIM. The package comes with unlimited talk time and message with another MTN number. Chat me up or call 07061365911.
Resellers also needed urgently and you will get your commission.
THANKS
DISCLAIMER: This is not a scam as we have our name and integrity to protect.
...........................CUG WORLD...............

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Institute Of Management (NIM) Results Are Out, June 2014 Diet... / Nysc Declines Requests For Redeployment / What Is The Penalty For Missing CDS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.