Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office (18254 Views)

LCC Patrol Van Knocks Down Nursing Mother, Kills Baby (Graphic Photo) / EFCC Opens New Office In Ilorin, Kwara. Nigerians React / Buratai Appoints New Operation Lafiya Dole Commanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by nabegibeg: 12:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by romoruyi(m): 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2018
SalamRushdie:

You Obviously dont know what tolling is ? LCC is nothing but a govt backed criminal gang who specialize in brazen racketeering and extortion of helpless Lagosians . Their days are only as long as the criminal gangs propping them in govt .

Bro no explain Too Much; lies R soon exposed but truth will stand the test of time

1 Like

Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by sirusX(m): 12:49pm On Apr 13, 2018
pgodson7:
most of u just read without comprehending and come here to spew thraw. where in the post did dey say lcc wants to start collecting toll on d lagos-ibadan expressway?? operational office na dem open to make it easy to purchase e-tags etc. read well bfr concluding.

On the desire of the LCC to manage the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway after the ongoing reconstruction work, he said, “If we do well with the Lekki road, it is possible for the Federal Government to consider us to take care of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Anytime they are ready and we are contacted, we’ll be glad to do it.”

They also marketed themselves in the last sentence....that they are willing to manage it if called upon

Money would be made from there....and not just federal government allocation. Iffa hear say they no add toll gate join am, you go wonder where the money we pay for tax goes to

The toll itself in Lekki is double taxation on people...just that no one is fighting on behalf of the citezens

3 Likes

Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by mmsen: 12:52pm On Apr 13, 2018
triblehaul1:

What other company has displayed such efficiency at managing a tolled road in Nigeria ? I am yet to see any other. This is exactly what the problem is with you Igbos if you are not the one doing it is sentiment but if you are it is on merit.

May your tribe be able to put their brain to work n to the morons that will tell me not to generalize we all know all of una folo sleep, face one side.

How did you make this about 'Igbos'?

When Tinubu and friends took the government funds for the Lekki-Ekpe expressway, frittered them away and then built a toll road, EVERYBODY was up in arms.

4 Likes

Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by naptu2: 12:55pm On Apr 13, 2018
lollypeezle:
Bros, what are you saying?

Fashola gave LTC to manage since 2013

You said LCC have been managing since 2011

What exactly is your point?

Read slowly.

1) LCC has been coklecting toll on the Lekki Expressway since 2011.

2) Fashola's administration gave LTC the concession to manage the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge and collect tolls on the bridge in 2013.

Does it make sense now?
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by CocoaOla: 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2018
government will use our money to construct road and still tell us to pay before using it government of one man business Ltd how much are Nigerians earning self.

2 Likes

Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by Jbleenk: 1:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
naptu2:
The Fashola Administration handed the management of the Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge over to the Lekki Tolling Company (LTC) in 2013.

The LTC office used to be opposite the current LCC office (it was on the other side of the bridge).

That piece of land was given to the Lasema Response Unit (LRU) and is currently the home of LRU tow trucks, ambulances and motorcycles.

LTC was given this piece of (where LCC's new office is) and then the Ambode administration revoked LTC's management of the bridge and gave the concession to LCC.

The Lekki Concession Company is in charge of reconstructing the Lekki Expressway and has been collecting tolls on the expressway since 2011.

Story!! Who ask u question?
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 13, 2018
enlady:
No please. Lagos Ibadan expressway is a national property. Don't bring that wicked elitist toll scheme from Lagos. It is too important to entrust to the Asiwaju company.

Yes, please. That will be the best thing that will ever happen to that road since it was created by OBJ during the military era. In fact, as an indigene of a major town along that route, I intend writing the three state governors whose states are along the axis of the road to be actively involve in the selection of the management company.

No budget was made for Sagamu to Lagos in 2018 budget while outstanding loan is yet to be fully settled since last year October. Surprisingly, all those fighting for balkanization of Nigeria were happy last year when Berger suspended work & the Senate was harassing Fasola when he raised alarm. People like us with stake on that route are never happy. These same people are the ones making noise against LCC. They did not shout against Senate when Julius Berger suspended work.

I am not much concern about what happens on Enugu / PHC or Aba / PHC express way though I pass the route occasionally.

Since the FG had said the road would involve private public partnership & toll would be introduced to manage the roads on completion. The choice of the management company must be based on experience. That road is the busiest interstate road in Nigeria.

Old Federal secretariat at Ikoyi is in a very sorry & bad state, highly dilapidated & abandoned because of hatred for one man (Asiwaju Tinubu) because of enviousness towards Lagos. If they had allowed Lagos to acquire that building as an extension of her Secretariat , it would not have been in a sorry state.

We prefer LCC to any politically established inexperienced management company

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by naptu2: 1:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
The picture on the first page is actually a picture of Ring Road (Onikan). It's not a picture of the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge.
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by deomelo: 1:34pm On Apr 13, 2018
triblehaul1:

What other company has displayed such efficiency at managing a tolled road in Nigeria ? I am yet to see any other. This is exactly what the problem is with you Igbos if you are not the one doing it is sentiment but if you are it is on merit.

May your tribe be able to put their brain to work n to the morons that will tell me not to generalize we all know all of una folo sleep, face one side.

Their gross ignorance is fast becoming a national epidemic.

If these illiterates and ignorant people are the future of their biafra, then it's safe to conclude that biafra is doomed, not that it's not right now.

10 Likes

Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by gmcln(m): 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2018
I am getting worried about the intellectual health of Nigerians. Tribalism has eaten so deep people no longer have common sense. Every important issue is now x-rayed under the prism of tribe/ethnicity. We are in trouble[quote][/quote].

I hear you, all the way from washington DC.

1 Like

Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by seangy4konji: 1:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
i hope they are not mad....Lagos-ibadan na federal goverment...imagine d curse i curse d pocket of dat bagga collecting 400 naira go 400 come here at the ikoyi toll from me every day when i go out...thank God s=for hold up so man chill out at time..if i go two times na 1600 naira perday.

awon oloriburuku.
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by SalamRushdie: 2:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
seuncyber:
Ole thief lcc they used 29 billion naira for just ikoyi link way just imagine how much Lagos Ibadan will cost we go pay with blood abi

LCC didn't provide a dime for the building of the ikoyi link bridge , all 100 percent of the 29 billion Naira cost was from Lagos state tax payers
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by ultron12345: 2:26pm On Apr 13, 2018
CocoaOla:
government will use our money to construct road and still tell us to pay before using it government of one man business Ltd how much are Nigerians earning self.
and what is wrong with rolling roads. Even U. S., Europe, china with all the money and the highest taxes still toll roads. How many Nigerians even pay tax, the few that pay pay peanut.
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by barragan: 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2018
Jbleenk:

Story!! Who ask u question?

If you've been on this forum for some time you will give this poster some respect! In all likelihood he is old enough to be your father!
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by ultron12345: 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2018
sirusX:

They also marketed themselves in the last sentence....that they are willing to manage it if called upon

Money would be made from there....and not just federal government allocation. Iffa hear say they no add toll gate join am, you go wonder where the money we pay for tax goes to

The toll itself in Lekki is double taxation on people...just that no one is fighting on behalf of the citezens
how is it double taxation. U.S, china that toll their roads after collecting high taxes, is it double taxation too.
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by Turnedaround: 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2018
TheAngry1:
ol

If you know how well-maintained Lekki Expressway is, you wouldn't complain about the company's desire to manage Lagos-Ibadan. The govt in Nigeria cannot manage ANYTHING. Any company that would ensure that the road is well-maintained should be given the job. I don't care whether the company belongs to Tinubu, Nnamdi Kanu or the Sultan. Just get the fvvvcking job done!

Shot that trap, what maintenance are you talking about, do you know how much they generate within an hour, not to talk of a month, it's the helpless Lagosian that is suffering the pains,

I was. among the protester on the toll increment and we ask that they (LCC) publish their financial books, but what did do, They simply hired thugs armed to disrupt our protest.

If you must know LCC is a scam, it just a money making venture for Tinubu.
Do you know that his son owns the electronic advertising screen on the tolling station, so that means, the father is collecting from the ground, and the son is collecting from the top, na only Tinubu God do Lagos for,

No wonder he's being fighting for recognition in his own party, this as being is plans all along,

IT WILL NEVER WORK OUT, Lagos - Ibadan is a national property not Lagos,

Mind you I'm a full undiluted Yoruba man, so don't use Tribe sentiment with me,

His wife is in the senate
His daughter is the Iya loja if Lagos State
His son in law is an honorable
And he's the defacto governor of Lagos

What else does he want, he should hands off national assets.

Which stupid maintenance is he doing on Lekki - Epe road. Thief.

5 Likes

Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 13, 2018
SalamRushdie:

You Obviously dont know what tolling is ? LCC is nothing but a govt backed criminal gang who specialize in brazen racketeering and extortion of helpless Lagosians . Their days are only as long as the criminal gangs propping them in govt .

B4 u start ranting upandan. Is the road bad,worse or good. Its nt a must 4u to enroute dat side. There are other routes. I will only complain if the road is bad. The ibadan - lagos express way was just too bad..thank God it wil be finished soon. And when its finished vehicles start moving on it full time. The next thing wil nw be maintainance. Nigerian has a poor maintainance culture. If lcc would maintain it,better let him (tinubu)have it.
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by deomelo: 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
[s]
ultron12345:
and what is wrong with rolling roads. Even U. S., Europe, china with all the money and the highest taxes still toll roads. How many Nigerians even pay tax, the few that pay pay peanut.

Turnedaround:

Shot that trap, what maintenance are you talking about, do you know how much they generate within an hour, not to talk of a month, it's the helpless Lagosian that is suffering the pains,

I was. among the protester on the toll increment and we ask that they (LCC) publish their financial books, but what did do, They simply hired thugs armed to disrupt our protest.

Do you know that his son owns the electronic advertising screen on the tolling station, so that means, the father is collecting from the ground, and the son is collecting from the top, na only Tinubu God do Lagos for,

No wonder he's being fighting for recognition in his own party, this as being is plans all along,

[/s]

Your entire ignorant and meaningless rant sounds more like a love letter or grudge with Tinubu than any manner of sane and rational contribution per the topic of discussion.

I don't even get you ipob's fixation and beef with Tinubu, it's not like the man is responsible for your villages, your existence and communal backwardness.
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by SalamRushdie: 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
bozzyjoan:

B4 u start ranting upandan. Is the road bad,worse or good. Its nt a must 4u to enroute dat side. There are other routes. I will only complain if the road is bad. The ibadan - lagos express way was just too bad..thank God it wil be finished soon. And when its finished vehicles start moving on it full time. The next thing wil nw be maintainance. Nigerian has a poor maintainance culture. If lcc would maintain it,better let him (tinubu)have it.

You Obviously dont use the Lekki epe road frequently if not you won't say it's well maintained and I doubt you even know the history of that road and how LCC came into the picture..
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by semyman: 3:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
Go and toll your life, back to sender. Count Lagos Ibadan exp way out of your colony. Criminals
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 13, 2018
SalamRushdie:

You Obviously dont use the Lekki epe road frequently if not you won't say it's well maintained and I doubt you even know the history of that road and how LCC came into the picture..

which axis are u talking abt bro.. I work at lekki phase 1 and i pass there everyday is it the ozumba mbadwe link axis to admiralty u r saying or which one is bad. U cant just tel me d link bridge iz bad?
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by deomelo: 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2018
bozzyjoan:

These clueless villagers don't know anything, they are used to mediocrity.

Lekki Ikoyi Bridge is the best, the most beautiful, sophisticated and well maintained bridge in Nigeria and it's still shining and looking fresh and new because of the concession, effective management and maintenance.
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 13, 2018
deomelo:

These clueless villagers don't know anything, they are used to mediocrity.

Lekki Ikoyi Bridge is the best, the most beautiful, sophisticated and well maintained bridge in Nigeria and it's still shining and looking fresh and new because of the concession, effective management and maintenance.

shooo which one b ma own na.. Kikikiki wetin i do.. Mr man.
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by FinBalor: 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
triblehaul1:

You see how you are just a wasted sperm? You see why you will perish with nothing to your name? The same thing you accuse a whole tribe of is exactly what you are guilty of!

When I first read your comment, I asked myself how you got to know that she is Igbo?

I know you must be be from the hopeless, pepper eating tribe. But I will not call names because am not sure.

But if you already have kids or planning to, am beginning to fear for there future because you will make a terrible Dad. The usefulness of your children is as good as the P in psychology.

1 Like

Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by samzepaparazi: 3:23pm On Apr 13, 2018
triblehaul1:

Oga the lekki ikoyi bridge is a different matter.
Lag ibadan express way is a federal road.

We cannot be paying tax and still go ahead to pay tolls on the road the govt should build. Unless they agree to generate their revenue from adverts placed along the stretch of the road for a certain period like the initial plan with bicourtney.

1 Like

Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by Ovamboland(m): 3:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
SalamRushdie:

When you eventually attain your dreams of living abroad you will galdly pay tolls on the highway, but in Nigeria it's such a bad thing right? Am sure you too will join to call the country shithole. You come out of Nigeria, can you tell me what comes out of a shithole?

1 Like

Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by Ovamboland(m): 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2018
davit:
I wonder where our taxes as Nigeria count again if government should try to toll this road!

They don't pay road tolls in advanced countries because they pay taxes, no?
Why you hate your own space passionately is what I don't understand. You prefer the potopoto roads without tolls right?
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
Turnedaround:

So no Biafra again? Whenever there is any thread on dangote on nairaland, you see all sorts of insult against him . No objectivity, but out of jealous.

You said you are among the protesters against LCC, I only saw Kate Henshaw on Channels TV that day & later Bar Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa on behalf of Lekki Scheme 1 residents.Only Lagos State House of Assembly can explain better as you have said you did not see anything they are doing there or elsewhere. As for me I see what they are doing.

If you are thinking of Tinubu you may have hypertension. You may get wrong information.

We are not after personality but delivery. Roads in continual maintenance. Street lights at night, relaxation points with security, ambulance, pedestrian bridges, etc. All these will turn the entire area into an industrial hub. Already indusrries & estates are springing up but with management company, more players would be attracted. You have no stake on this road, you are just a passerby. This is my area I want development.

Old Federal Secretariat at Ikoyi is a national property, we don't want our road to be like that.

LCC will be the best thing that will ever happen to that road since it was created by OBJ during the military era. In fact, as an indigene of a major town along that route, I intend writing the three state governors whose states are along the axis of the road to be actively involve in the selection of the management company.

No budget was made for Sagamu to Lagos in 2018 budget while outstanding loan is yet to be fully settled since last year October. Surprisingly, all those fighting for balkanization of Nigeria were happy last year when Berger suspended work & the Senate was harassing Fasola when he raised alarm. People like us with stake on that route are never happy. These same people are the ones making noise against LCC. They did not shout against Senate when Julius Berger suspended work.

I am not much concern about what happens on Enugu / PHC or Aba / PHC express way though I pass the route occasionally.

Since the FG had said the road would involve private public partnership & toll would be introduced to manage the roads on completion. The choice of the management company must be based on experience. That road is the busiest interstate road in Nigeria.

Old Federal secretariat at Ikoyi is in a very sorry & bad state, highly dilapidated & abandoned because of hatred for one man (Asiwaju Tinubu) because of enviousness towards Lagos. If they had allowed Lagos to acquire that building as an extension of her Secretariat , it would not have been in a sorry state.

We prefer LCC to any politically established inexperienced management company
Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by deomelo: 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
bozzyjoan:

shooo which one b ma own na.. Kikikiki wetin i do.. Mr man.

I was actually supporting your viewpoints against the clueless and ignorant people crying over the concession.

1 Like

Re: LCC Targets Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Opens New Operation Office by SalamRushdie: 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ovamboland:

When you eventually attain your dreams of living abroad you will galdly pay tolls on the highway, but in Nigeria it's such a bad thing right? Am sure you too will join to call the country shithole. You come out of Nigeria, can you tell me what comes out of a shithole?

Who told you my dream is to live abroad , I started going abroad since I was a baby so don't carry this ur useless Nigerian way of thinking my way ...you clearly don't know the history of LCC , go read up more on their history before you come and compare them to any western tolling company

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ortom: FG Goes After Kanu, Igboho, Spares Fulani Bandits / Jigawa Flood: Over 50 People Killed And Many Displaced (Video) / Governor Ortom Meets With IGP Adamu Over Assassination Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.