Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,884 members, 7,798,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Atheism. God Does Not Exist. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism. God Does Not Exist. (7590 Views)

Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? / "Hell Does Not Exist" - Pope Francis / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by hopefulLandlord: 7:23am On Apr 14, 2018
kovah:
A little assignment for u ...Do ur research on 1.618...

Y'all should stop parroting this meaningless golden ratio of a thing. if you know a process, just a single process in physics that utilises the golden ratio, please do tell

Mr Atheist...If there is no evidence in dat to convince you in something more than urself...Then here is another assignment for you Everytime u check d time...Go in search of d original manufacturer of every nut and bolt and fail on dat time piece...Cos if u believe in ur time piece and its creator to tell u d time of d day to sleep eat and believe...U believe in the creator of dat time piece...There is one thing u should digest full...There is nothing u know for certain... Keep ur mind open not shut...Be wise
Have you applied the same thought to what you call god? have you searched for the manufacturer of god or you simply special plead?

2 Likes

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by cooooooks(m): 8:05am On Apr 14, 2018
winner01:
in my village, we crack peoples head open for fun. angry
And that is my upbringing too angry

No sucker has the right to explaiyn his own version of good to me angry

Imma crack yo head angry

Head cracking is illegal in Nigeria. Our society has ruled that morally reprehensible via our laws.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 11:21am On Apr 14, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I FEEL SORRY FOR EVERYONE.

IF THIS GUY HAS THE MIND TO SEND 3YR OLD CHILDREN TO HELL TO BURN FOR ETERNITY FOR STEALING SWEETS BECAUSE THEY WERE HUNGRY, OR BECAUSE THEY TOLD LIES...

I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ALL OF US DRUNKARDS AND ADULTERERS. grin

Lol...bruh, our own burning no go be here ooo
But to further prove how pitiful religion is...catholices decided to come up with purgatory.
They saw that the idea of hell was making people too scared...so they said purgatory is a place for prior cleansing. If you've committed small sins, you go to purgatory first, before going to heaven. Lol
They just make these things up as they go.

A week or two ago, reports have it that the current pope said there is no hell sef. If those reports are true, LO f-u-c-k-i-n-g L!!!!
Because soon, one of them will admit that they've just been wish thinking.

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by budaatum: 3:32pm On Apr 14, 2018
DeLioncourt:

Exposing a child to possibilities cannot be indoctrination.
It's like putting different kinds or food before a person and letting him pick the one that best suits him. You aren't forcing him ..you're allowing him make a personal choice. But when you put a plate of rice in front of that person because you prefer to cook and eat rice, then you're forcing that person to make that choice without him knowing he has other options.
Thank you. Seems you are suggesting I might be objective. But I am the parent, creating my child into an image of me! Are you sure we should trust me?

Say I put the rice on a beautiful plate, add tasty stew and meat with dodo, but just dump the alternatives in a bowl. Might I not have deliberately skewed choice towards one rather that the other? I gave choice, didn't I?
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by budaatum: 3:43pm On Apr 14, 2018
DeLioncourt:

How does your Ferrari analogy put the onus on the Ferrari seller?
Your imaginary money is not his headache in the least bit. All he wants is to get that credit alert before releasing the vehicle. The burden is therefore on you to provide the evidence that you do indeed have the money for it.

Take a more reasonable analogy.
Tax authorities come to your business to collect tax. You claim you made no profit so there is no tax to collect.
The burden lies with you to prove adequately that you didn't make any profit. If you can't prove this, you will be taxed on best of judgement basis.
I hope this clears things up.
Oh, my analogy puts no onus on the Ferrari salesman even though I would love the onus to be on him that I have a million pounds. And I agree that it is like asking the tax man to prove that I made no profit. I just wish I could say things like my lack of profit or ownership of a million pounds is divine, and that the evidence for both claims is spiritual and can only be observed in dreams. But I am beginning to conclude that tax and sales people are bloody atheist since their approach is "Show me the money"! Someone should go preach god to them so they don't end up in hell!
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 3:43pm On Apr 14, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Y'all should stop parroting this meaningless golden ratio of a thing. if you know a process, just a single process in physics that utilises the golden ratio, please do tell

Have you applied the same thought to what you call god? have you searched for the manufacturer of god or you simply special plead?
first off u need to learn to read ...where is God in my opinions...keep an open mind...Then to d golden ratio...You are living proof of its application...You are physics to the ratio... Whether u want to b or not..It has been in ur DNA all dis while... Which is a pity dat I had to point it out...Be wise

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by hopefulLandlord: 4:32pm On Apr 14, 2018
kovah:
first off u need to learn to read ...where is God in my opinions...keep an open mind...Then to d golden ratio...You are living proof of its application...You are physics to the ratio... Whether u want to b or not..It has been in ur DNA all dis while... Which is a pity dat I had to point it out...Be wise

The OP is about god, if you're not here to talk about it then let those who want to do. I can't see a topic about Demons and start talking about videogames. When you go on about manufacturer of watch and others on a topic about god's existence its obvious were you're getting at

Talk more about the golden ratio, about how I'm the physics to the ratio. I suspect you'll expose your ignorance in the process as I think you just want to regurgitate it

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2018
budaatum:

Thank you. Seems you are suggesting I might be objective. But I am the parent, creating my child into an image of me! Are you sure we should trust me?

Say I put the rice on a beautiful plate, add tasty stew and meat with dodo, but just dump the alternatives in a bowl. Might I not have deliberately skewed choice towards one rather that the other? I gave choice, didn't I?

Lol
Yes you have given choice...but you haven't been objective. At the end of the day, you still trick the child into making the choice that suits you.
And No,your child isn't supposed to be an image of you.
Your child is his/her own person and should be allowed to create his/her own identity.

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 4:38pm On Apr 14, 2018
budaatum:

Oh, my analogy puts no onus on the Ferrari salesman even though I would love the onus to be on him that I have a million pounds. And I agree that it is like asking the tax man to prove that I made no profit. I just wish I could say things like my lack of profit or ownership of a million pounds is divine, and that the evidence for both claims is spiritual and can only be observed in dreams. But I am beginning to conclude that tax and sales people are bloody atheist since their approach is "Show me the money"! Someone should go preach god to them so they don't end up in hell!

Lmao. But hell doesn't exist!
As I said earlier, the creator of an idea is the one to provide evidence as to his claims.
The man with the business plan is the one to convince the investor that the plan is feasible.
If you claim that your business plan is backed by spiritual forces, only a gullible individual will buy into the idea... When it fails, you can always do as religious people do...attribute it to a greater plan in the works.
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by troubleseller: 4:51pm On Apr 14, 2018
If you believe in a god and you find out there is none, then you have not lost. But if you find out there is one then you have gained. But if you don't believe and there is one, ogbeni it is over for you. Use your head. Don't be confused like this guy.

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by hopefulLandlord: 5:03pm On Apr 14, 2018
troubleseller:
If you believe in a god and you find out there is none, then you have not lost. But if you find out there is one then you have gained. But if you don't believe and there is one, ogbeni it is over for you. Use your head. Don't be confused like this guy.

Rubbish!

What if you believe in Yahweh only to die and find out Allah and Islam are true instead?

What if you believe in Yahweh as a Christian and find out Judaism is true and Christianity is false?

What if you believe in Yahweh and find out Odin is the true god?

the probability of you being right is P=1/n where n is the number of possible gods. If we assume that there is an infinite number of possible gods, the probability being right is infinitely small. Since there is an infinitely large probability of picking the wrong god

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by Niflheim(m): 8:06pm On Apr 14, 2018
@abjay97,

You said something about 'trees moving on their own'...................................Are you not referring to the movie, "Lord of the Rings"?

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

The OP is about god, if you're not here to talk about it then let those who want to do. I can't see a topic about Demons and start talking about videogames. When you go on about manufacturer of watch and others on a topic about god's existence its obvious were you're getting at

Talk more about the golden ratio, about how I'm the physics to the ratio. I suspect you'll expose your ignorance in the process as I think you just want to regurgitate it
okay you want to get personal no problem with dat...The topic is there is no god right...okay...That is ironic seems u think it is an intellectual discussion...Most of ur here are like the 5 the child in a family of 8 because ur father doesn't pay u attention like d 1 or 2 child ...U want to act out to get his attention...Which is pathetic...Mr hopefulllandlord ....The fact is u use just less than 10 percent of ur brain to come up with there is no god...While scientists talk and research abt the god particle.... There is a measure in each ratio in ur DNA dat differences u from d ape since u don't know dat the golden ratio is involved in making u even type ur jargons on this topic...With ur tactless opinions...Other than just wat u feel...Ppl who have intelligence quotas higher Dan u...Are open to the possibility of a higher intelligence at work...Y I suggested u keep ur mind open... Discovery are being made everyday...Dat is shaping d world as u know it...And u r open to it....Yet closed minded to the possibility of any intelligence being higher Dan urself...U have my sympathies... Don't b wise...We need more ignorant ppl like u...

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 3:35pm On Apr 15, 2018
kovah:
okay you want to get personal no problem with dat...The topic is there is no god right...okay...That is ironic seems u think it is an intellectual discussion...Most of ur here are like the 5 the child in a family of 8 because ur father doesn't pay u attention like d 1 or 2 child ...U want to act out to get his attention...Which is pathetic...Mr hopefulllandlord ....The fact is u use just less than 10 percent of ur brain to come up with there is no god...While scientists talk and research abt the god particle.... There is a measure in each ratio in ur DNA dat differences u from d ape since u don't know dat the golden ratio is involved in making u even type ur jargons on this topic...With ur tactless opinions...Other than just wat u feel...Ppl who have intelligence quotas higher Dan u...Are open to the possibility of a higher intelligence at work...Y I suggested u keep ur mind open... Discovery are being made everyday...Dat is shaping d world as u know it...And u r open to it....Yet closed minded to the possibility of any intelligence being higher Dan urself...U have my sympathies... Don't b wise...We need more ignorant ppl like u...

Lol.
The god particle doesn't in any way refer to god the creator.
A simple Google search would save you the embarrassment of spewing trash here.
The golden ratio is not in the least bit, proof of the existence of a god.
You have, so far, made no substantial argument.. only involving terms that you have no idea what they mean.
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by hopefulLandlord: 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2018
kovah:
okay you want to get personal no problem with dat...The topic is there is no god right...okay...That is ironic seems u think it is an intellectual discussion...Most of ur here are like the 5 the child in a family of 8 because ur father doesn't pay u attention like d 1 or 2 child ...U want to act out to get his attention...Which is pathetic...
Don't project your attention seeking on me bro

The topic is about god's existence

Mr hopefulllandlord ....The fact is u use just less than 10 percent of ur brain to come up with there is no god...
False! Only an ignorant person who swallows any nonsense he hears hook, line and sinker would say such. 10% brain claim is a myth
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_percent_of_the_brain_myth

another of your ignorance is cured. don't thank me, its community service

While scientists talk and research abt the god particle....
God particle is simply a nickname given to Higgs boson. Its like me naming my cat unicorn and claiming unicorns are real because my cat is called unicorn

There is a measure in each ratio in ur DNA dat differences u from d ape since u don't know dat the golden ratio is involved in making u even type ur jargons on this topic...With ur tactless opinions...Other than just wat u feel...Ppl who have intelligence quotas higher Dan u...Are open to the possibility of a higher intelligence at work...

What has intelligence got to do with this? and how did you come to the conclusion that I'm not open to the possibility of higher intelligence? of course I'm open to it just like I'm open to possibility of Unicorns, Dragons, Russell's teapot, Bigfoot etc but I wouldn't just accept their existence based on wishful thinking and no evidence

Educate me on Golden Ratio cuz it appears you have no idea who you're talking to

Y I suggested u keep ur mind open... Discovery are being made everyday...Dat is shaping d world as u know it...And u r open to it....Yet closed minded to the possibility of any intelligence being higher Dan urself...U have my sympathies... Don't b wise...We need more ignorant ppl like u...
As expected you filled your rant with nothing but myth, myth and ad hominem

Try better next time, you sound like someone capable of doing better than this

2 Likes

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by hopefulLandlord: 3:40pm On Apr 15, 2018
DeLioncourt:

Lol.
You have, so far, made no substantial argument.. only involving terms that you have no idea what they mean.

LOL! you noticed. He thinks he can just come here and use words he doesn't understand to pull a wool over our eyes on the assumption that we too have no idea what those words really mean

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kazyhm(m): 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2018
hmn i feel people should be confortable in their beliefs and keep it to themselves but coming forward with irrational logics to swindle people off their sense is what religious people should do away with.

Religion in my opinion has become outdated however, a practicable and intelligent ideas can be of help for those that desires to rule/enslave other people. (Not Seven virgins or eternal singing and praising reward)

The problem really is lack of exposure or rather an independent right to acceptable thought without the fear to be judge by an established thought standard which limits man's ability to evolve and liberation from mental slavery and prejudice.

My issue is why Africans can't develop and model an ideas too to sell to the world ? atleast let us also trend for let say 30,000 years from now........let tell people the ijebus from Ogun state is the God's tribe, Ijebu language is the Heavenly language and every human must learn it to obtain favour from God......same way Nigerian Govt is/has been advertising every village in the North with this BH agenda.....

2 Likes

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by Hakeem12(m): 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
HappyPagan:
Are you speaking from experience, or nonsense?
lols, surely nonsense.
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 6:50pm On Apr 15, 2018
DeLioncourt:

Lol.
wow dumb dumb n dumb ...The god particle is d reason u r u and d have mass and birds fly and everything exist u need to not just skip through ur Google search but read d content...For something so random to have a golden ratio dat affects man and his world suggests more .... Whether there is a god ...Is like asking if u have a heart or lung or kidney...U have never seen ur organs before but u know they r there...Cos u are alive... Asking if there is a god or saying there isn't is...Shows a lack of imagination....Be wise
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 6:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

LOL! you noticed. He thinks he can just come here and use words he doesn't understand to pull a wool over our eyes on the assumption that we too have no idea what those words really mean
dumb dumb n dumb everything is relative ...U just can't connect d dots cos of ur close minds
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by hopefulLandlord: 6:59pm On Apr 15, 2018
kovah:
dumb dumb n dumb everything is relative ...U just can't connect d dots cos of ur close minds

You're a good example of Dunning–Kruger effect

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 7:00pm On Apr 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Don't project your attention seeking on me bro

The topic is about god's existence
False! Only an ignorant person who swallows any nonsense he hears hook, line and sinker would say such. 10% brain claim is a myth
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_percent_of_the_brain_myth

another of your ignorance is cured. don't thank me, its community service
God particle is simply a nickname given to Higgs boson. Its like me naming my cat unicorn and claiming unicorns are real because my cat is called unicorn

What has intelligence got to do with this? and how did you come to the conclusion that I'm not open to the possibility of higher intelligence? of course I'm open to it just like I'm open to possibility of Unicorns, Dragons, Russell's teapot, Bigfoot etc but I wouldn't just accept their existence based on wishful thinking and no evidence

Educate me on Golden Ratio cuz it appears you have no idea who you're talking to
As expected you filled your rant with nothing but myth, myth and ad hominem

Try better next time, you sound like someone capable of doing better than this
d fact dat Wikipedia is ur source of knowledge tells me all ....The golden ratio applies to all of nature...The god particle is wat give mass to somebodies and little or no mass to others....Now think on both... Something random giving some precise...Maybe u can help ur 10 Percent .Yes I said 10 Percent. Do some thinking....If u doubt d 10 percent ask ur doctor for an MRI to show u d most active part of ur brain not Wikipedia
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
kovah:
dumb dumb n dumb everything is relative ...U just can't connect d dots cos of ur close ke someone capable of doing better than this
d fact dat Wikipedia is ur source of knowledge tells me all ....The golden ratio applies to all of nature...The god particle is wat give mass to somebodies and little or no mass to others....Now think on both... Something random giving some precise...Maybe u can help ur 10 Percent .Yes I said 10 Percent. Do some thinking....If u doubt d 10 percent ask ur doctor for an MRI to show u d most active part of ur brain not Wikipediaminds[/quote]
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You're a good example of Dunning–Kruger effect
yes I am thanks for the compliment
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by hopefulLandlord: 7:08pm On Apr 15, 2018
kovah:
d fact dat Wikipedia is ur source of knowledge tells me all ....The golden ratio applies to all of nature...The god particle is wat give mass to somebodies and little or no mass to others....Now think on both... Something random giving some precise...Maybe u can help ur 10 Percent .Yes I said 10 Percent. Do some thinking....If u doubt d 10 percent ask ur doctor for an MRI to show u d most active part of ur brain not Wikipedia

Wikipedia?
I can see you have nothing sensible to say, you're stripped bare and all you can do now is double down on all the nonsense you've been saying to save face. You spill myths and wrong info then hope nobody calls you out for the nonsense you spill and when called out you simply double down lol

I'm done here
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by hopefulLandlord: 7:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
kovah:
yes I am thanks for the compliment
Good to see you admit you're too stupid to know how stupid you are wink

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 7:14pm On Apr 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Wikipedia?
I can see you have nothing sensible to say, you're stripped bare and all you can do now is double down on all the nonsense you've been saying to save face. You spill myths and wrong info then hope nobody calls you out for the nonsense you spill and when called out you simply double down lol

I'm done here
please show me YOUR research dat says human use more of their brains... or we should just trust u dat humans do and there is no god..... Fact less concepts... Irrational ideas....For ur perspective and emotional stand point...
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by hopefulLandlord: 7:21pm On Apr 15, 2018
kovah:
please show me YOUR research dat says human use more of their brains... or we should just trust u dat humans do and there is no god..... Fact less concepts... Irrational ideas....For ur perspective and emotional stand point...

Why are you asking for MY research? I'm not a brain surgeon nor a doctor but as for people who have busted the myth its all over the internet

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-ten-percent-myth/

http://mentalfloss.com/article/57658/do-you-use-only-10-your-brain

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-we-really-use-only-10/

Its a sad thing seeing an "intellectual" person like you spread misinformation and even doubling down on it when shown the information is wrong. Part of displaying intelligence is admitting you are wrong after all then learn from it and move on to other things

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by OtemAtum: 7:26pm On Apr 15, 2018
Abjay97:
Wise Analysis, but I have one assignment for you... Get caught by ritualists, when they try to sacrifice you, keep looking.. Yea, nothing will happen to you... But if you see anything strange, like a tree moving on its own, shout JESUS CHRIST and you will be saved.... You've not seen anything my brother.. Lol

Even Atheists like Darwin, Henreich Heine, and Yaroslavsky(president of the International atheistic movement) believed on their deathbeds..

You've seen nothing bro
This is too shallow. Ritualists kidnap people and kill with cutlasses, knives and other tools. If they can kill you with incantations it is your fault because you allowed your fear to engulf you and affect your heart. There's nothing like a moving tree, except the delusions fearful people see.

Note, I am not saying that there's no spiritual realm, but spiritual realms are not here on earth and our daily manifestations on earth are not spiritual manifestations but psychophysical, artistical or scientific manifestations.

Seeing a moving tree and shouting Jesus to stop it is a very great indication that the seer is having psychiatric problems or hallucinating. Take him or her to the psychiatrists immediately.

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by OtemAtum: 7:32pm On Apr 15, 2018
winner01:
in my village, we crack peoples head open for fun. angry
And that is my upbringing too angry

No sucker has the right to explaiyn his own version of good to me angry

Imma crack yo head angry
must you tell lies to impress someone?
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Why are you asking for MY research? I'm not a brain surgeon nor a doctor but as for people who have busted the myth its all over the internet

Its a sad thing seeing an "intellectual" person like you spread misinformation and even doubling down on it when shown the information is wrong. Part of displaying intelligence is admitting you are wrong after all then learn from it and move on to other things
....u and ur sources are shocking....No doctors verification...No scientific evidence other Dan believe me I say so...Did u see any references to MIT or Oxford or Caltech.... Pathetic...If u don't stand for something u will fall for anything...
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 7:56pm On Apr 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

show me one myth I quoted one hearsay I said.....U Atheists are all d same...Once u get into a corner u lash out and run ...U have no baise for ur convictions other than feelings and sentiments...A sorry bunch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can I Abide In Christ This Year? / How To Use Your Early Morning Urine To Get Rid Of Evil Domination In Your Life / Nigerian Anglican Opposes British Govt. on the Selection of Bishop of Canterbury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.