Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,844 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:10 AM

A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor (1206 Views)

Who Is Your Business Mentor? / Are U A Good Business Mentor/coach/trainer? / Are U A Good Business Mentor/coach/trainer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by KAeybanj(m): 2:05am On May 14, 2010
A young graduate with business acumen seeks business mentor in any of the following industries

1. Event management (corporate and social)

2. Business consultancy, Public speaking and Information business

3. Any other viable offline business

Key Requirements

Tertiary education

Owns and profitably manages a registered business/company

Aged above 35years with minimum of 5years experience in business of interest

A motivator, listener, highly resourceful with passion to assist young people succeed.

Please send your interest via sms to 08063612072

I earnestly look forward to your mentorship
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by DrKitaun(m): 1:48pm On May 14, 2010
Why must the person be 35 or above ? I became a pro in oil and gas brokerage mentored by a younger chap whom I met on NL . . .
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by KAeybanj(m): 10:27pm On May 15, 2010
Ok. Maybe d age bracket is removed
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by Choco5: 5:54pm On May 16, 2010
You are giving requirement for your mentor. Who are you? You have absolutely nothing to give in return and want people to text you and beg to be your mentor?
You are simply st.up.id.
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by nosalinus: 6:08pm On May 16, 2010
the fellow is very very stupid and arrogant, he deserves nothing good
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by Choco5: 6:43pm On May 16, 2010
I apologise for being so harsh at first, but u must state what u can offer to a mentor that would be unique. Is it a special interest in a particular business? There are thousands of Nigerian business graduates and undergraduates, so u cannot be unique in offering academic knowledge. What is your contribution to a mentor? What does he/she have to gain by teaching you (instead of others) about a business?
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by KAeybanj(m): 6:43am On May 17, 2010
Harsh words! no offence anyway
@choco5, tanks for bein constructive
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by youngestpr(m): 1:29am On May 21, 2010
Why must the person be 35 or above ? I became a pro in oil and gas brokerage mentored by a younger chap whom I met on NL . . .

Dr can you pls give me your contact, i have been looking for someone that will introduce me into oil and gas brokerage for a long time.
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by maxxy: 1:17am On May 22, 2010
I do mentorship and business consultancy and some other stuff, and in all my years, this is this first time am seeing someone asking mentors to send their CVs to mentees.

@Poster, On one hand, its a bold thing to do as it shows you are seeking competent people to learn from. On the otherhand, your choice of words and communication approach is very impolite and does not protray that you are the the beneficiary in this case as I doubt whether you are going to pay for mentorship.

I would advise you to rephrase your request and you just may find one or two good people to teach you something useful.
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by Sonye(f): 10:17pm On May 22, 2010
@ poster
so this means the prospective mentors that meet your requirements will undergo an interview just to be your mentor. And can i ask what this person gets in return after going through all of your demands?
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by DrKitaun(m): 2:02am On May 23, 2010
@Youngestpr

mail me ur contact details @ jimmycarto@yahoo.com
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by olaolabiy: 12:22am On May 24, 2010
funny post/poster. must be a spoilt kid.
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by hectorswag(m): 3:07pm On May 28, 2010
a very nice thread wink

@ Dr kitaun, pls do you mind telling your particular area of expertise in the oil and gas sector? is it petroleum marketing?
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by hectorswag(m): 5:07pm On May 28, 2010
@9ja-voices, are you referring to my question
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 28, 2010
The easiest way to get a mentor is to attend fate foundation simply.www.fatefoundation.org
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by DrKitaun(m): 6:29pm On May 29, 2010
Hectorswag

Petroleum marketing is my forte. U ?
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by netmoi: 7:40am On May 30, 2010
@ DR KITAUN,
interested too, can you please send me a mail?
or do i send you?
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by michaelopp: 6:03pm On May 30, 2010
The truth is the mentor is only to show u the way ,but the choice is urs to walk through it
tyhe question is what do u like doing most or u are passionate about
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by romc2800: 9:40pm On May 30, 2010
HI Guy, I know you will be bombarded with a lot of advisor, but my advice 4 you is that you should take your time to figure out best mentor from the right source.
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by hectorswag(m): 9:21am On Jun 01, 2010
i think petroleum marketing it is then cool Dr kitaun pls do well to drop your mail add herre pls so i can contact you. thanks smiley
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by DrKitaun(m): 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2010
jimmycarto@yahoo.com
Re: A Young Graduate Seeks A Business Mentor by KAeybanj(m): 8:27am On Jun 10, 2010
Thank y'all. Your comments are great!

(1) (Reply)

Importing Direct Belgium Laptops From Your Room And Shipped To Ur Address / Pls, Can I Print Recharge Card With N5.000? / Rare Business Ideas Faced With Fund Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.