Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction (92884 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by Enigma(m): 9:27am On Aug 07, 2012
^^^ 'Jesus The Name High Over All'

Jesus! the Name high over all,
In hell or earth or sky;
Angels and men before it fall,
And devils fear and fly.

Jesus! the Name to sinners dear,
The Name to sinners giv’n;
It scatters all their guilty fear,
It turns their hell to Heav’n.

Jesus! the prisoner’s fetters breaks,
And bruises Satan’s head;
Power into strengthless souls it speaks,
And life into the dead.

O that the world might taste and see
The riches of His grace!
The arms of love that compass me
Would all mankind embrace.

O that my Jesu’s heavenly charms
Might every bosom move!
Fly, sinners, fly into those arms
Of everlasting love.

Thee I shall constantly proclaim,
Though earth and hell oppose;
Bold to confess Thy glorious Name
Before a world of foes.

His only righteousness I show,
His saving grace proclaim;
’Tis all my business here below
To cry “Behold the Lamb!”

Happy, if with my latest breath
I may but gasp His Name,
Preach Him to all and cry in death,
“Behold, behold the Lamb!”

(Quality of recording below could be better though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la4sZDDwjEA

1 Like

Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by staggerman(m): 10:09am On Aug 07, 2012
[b]When the name of Jesus is mentioned, all spiritual and celestial beings, principalities, powers in the spiritual realms, angels and demons, recognize, acknowledge and revere His name. Jesus does not demand glory and honour. He receives glory and honour.
Even the spirit of men acknowledge the Lordship of the Son of God. Only the minds of men corrupted by the lusts of the world, being deceived by the deceiver (satan), refuse to acknowledge His Lordship.
To us who are called by God chosen and preserved in Christ, being renewed in our mind to the acceptance of Truth, we know that His name is of exceeding great power. Countless times I have witnessed the sick being healed by faith in His name. HIV, paralysis, coma, severe body pain, fever, deafness and dumbness etc, have all been healed through faith in His name.
I am not a pastor. I'm just a simple believer. I didn't understand miracles until they began to happen through me.
Last week my sister was diagnosed and said to be suffering from intestinal obstruction. She called me while I was at work to tell me she was on admission and treatment would require major surgery. She had done a scan and it was confirmed by the scan. I simply told my colleagues in calm words " I go to raise my sister up". I went to the hospital, laid hands on her and commanded her body to be Healed in the NAME OF JESUS. She got healed instantly. all symptoms disappeared within a few hours. Doctors were amazed. They did a second scan and nothing was found. She was discharged within two days cos they insisted they wanted to monitor her.
Fact is I used the name of JESUS. No surgery, no treatment, nothing. Only faith in His name. You too can experience the joy of freedom through faith in His name. Be blessed.[/b]
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 8:52am On Aug 08, 2012
All glory to God. Thank you Jesus.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by grace5: 8:23pm On Aug 08, 2012
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 9:42am On Aug 09, 2012
grace5:

Jesus Christ is the only way to Eternal Life. GIVE YOUR LIFE TO HIM RIGHT NOW.

He loves you.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by kolaxy(m): 9:26am On Aug 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU: At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow.
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by Orikinla(m): 7:32pm On Aug 21, 2013
Friday, August 16, 2013

[size=28pt]Hands of Christ[/size]

"But we Christians have no veil over our faces; we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord."1

Following World War II some German students volunteered to help rebuild a cathedral in England, one that had been badly damaged by the Luftwaffe bombings. As the work progressed, they weren't sure how to best restore a large statue of Jesus with arms outstretched and bearing the familiar inscription, "Come unto me."

They were able to repair all the damage to the statue except for Christ's hands which had been completely destroyed. Should they even attempt to rebuild these?

Finally, the workers reached a decision that still stands today. They decided to leave the hands off and changed the inscription to read: "Christ has no hands but ours."

While Christ paid the price of and purchased our salvation on the cross with his life, he left the "hands on" work of building his kingdom in your hands and mine. We are his representatives and, for many, the only Christ they will ever see is "the Christ" in you and in me. A poster on the office wall at Wheaton College says it all:

"The living truth is what I long to see,
I cannot live on what used to be,
So close your Bible and show me how
The Christ you talk about is living now."

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, please use 'my hands' and help me to be as Christ, first to my loved ones, and then to whomever you bring in to my life today. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, amen."

1. 2 Corinthians 3:18 (TLB)(NLT).

<smiley)))><
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
At the name of Jesus....

Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by tpia1: 3:25am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: The Name Of Jesus Christ Carries Power, Authority And Distinction by Orikinla(m): 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
tpia1: .

Whether you believe it or not, Jesus Christ is the Truth of God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) / Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Where To Get Spiritual Wealth And Become A Multi - Billionaire. Bahuleya Sampat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.