Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? (43181 Views)

Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) / Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? / This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by 0monnak0da: 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2018
RealityShot:
you disagree with my suggestion to reduce oil intake?

Do you know what percentage of fried oil is saturated fat?
Personally I don't eat fried oil.. Except on very rare occasions (like now that am on vacation grin)

Red palm oil is great.. Yet moderation is still advised.
Don;t you think you are misrepresenting me.
We are discussing weight and weight reduction.

I do not see how a specific advice to reduce oil is necessary unless there iis evidence of excessive oil intake to start with
Carbohydrates i.e complex and simple sugars are by far the greatest sources of excess body fat not dietary oills. I am not sure the specific relationship of saturatedness to being overweight. Yes it carries specific risk for cardiovascular disease but for being overweight
.So the more appropriate advice is reduce excessive calories especially Carbohydrates and sugars.

people need to be educated that so called juices and related drinks are not harmess but loaded with sugars and serious risk for being overweight and diabetic as a dierct consequence
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by LMay(f): 8:24pm On Apr 14, 2018
joey150:

So You do not take carbs at all?

I do.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Elliot2(m): 8:41pm On Apr 14, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Take green tea first thing in the morning at least one hour before meal.

Thank me later
Op, follow this fine lady's advice. Green coffee could be ur ans,and exercise in between.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Elliot2(m): 8:42pm On Apr 14, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Thank me later
Op, follow this fine lady's advice. Green coffee could be ur ans,and exercise in between. Are u single?
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by panpan(m): 8:52pm On Apr 14, 2018
Op, you didn't tell us your height, so it's not easy for us to tell how 'fat' you are. The only clue was your weight gain from last year to this year.

A lot of advice has been given on this thread. Go through the posts and find what would work for you.

You should have a guide as to what weight is okay for you.

# Body Mass Index (BMI): BMI is calculated as weight (in kg) divided by height squared (in m2).
For example, if a person's weight is 74 kg and the height is 1.75 m, then the BMI would be 74/1.752 = 24.2

BMI 18.5 - 24.9 (acceptable)
25.0 - 29.9 (overweight)
30.0 - 39.9 (obese)
40.0 and above (grossly obese)

# Height versus waist circumference: If a person's waist circumference is over half of his/her height, then that person probably has excess belly fat.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Nekkybrown(f): 9:01pm On Apr 14, 2018
Shukusheka:
Hey guys I need your help, the way I'm adding weight these days is alarming and worrisome. I was weighing 74kg last year, I checked my weight last week I was weighing a whooping 85kg. shocked

I'm adding excessive fat on my cheeks, laps, and my stomach is beginning to protrude like I mistakenly swallowed a calabash.

I understand losing weight is 70% dieting and 30% exercise, so I need help to know the meals I need to avoid and what I need to take also to help shed some of the weight. I'm really keen on dropping down to at least 72 by the end of this year.

I do my sit-ups and I have cut down on my late night meals but I'm not seeing much improvement.

Cc: Jagugu88li
Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
DopeJemi

You can eat your regular carbohydrate foods but in SMALL QUANTITY, then eat more of fruits and vegetables

Avoiding eating in-between meals (just your 3 square meal)please carbohydrates in small quantity

Aviod snacks (junk foods, coke, fanta etc.)drink fresh juice or smoothies

Aviod late night meals

For your flat tummy dont drink water while you eat unless you are choking.. You can only drink water 20mins after eating it works like magic..

Then do your regular exercise
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by amykwuba(f): 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2018
Eat more of fruits, get ginger, garlic and lemon, grate d ginger and garlic in d pot,cut d lemon in halves, boil seive and drink morning and at night, it works
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by joey150(m): 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2018
LMay:

I do.

Well you did mention strict protein diet
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by imotersteve: 9:22pm On Apr 14, 2018
Hey, add me up on WhatsApp lets chat. 07032133562, i can be of help to you.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Blessed200016: 9:23pm On Apr 14, 2018
In other word me I wan get meat for ear jare. Wetin mk I dey chop for quick result

#honest views only pls
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by taiwiki(m): 9:39pm On Apr 14, 2018
Avoid junks and sugary food also reduce ur protein and fat (oil) intake.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by dreamangel: 9:43pm On Apr 14, 2018
piagetskinner:
everyone seems to have an opinion on this matter...even those that don't know shii

Lols
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 14, 2018
unknownsolja:

i hate when people give excuses...if you want to stop getting fat..number 1 rule..STOP EATING..let me just give you my tip...skip dinners..do not eat dinners just breakfast and lunch..at nite you can take 2 red apples and you need to go on a strict vegetable diet...cut out soda,fast foods and all fatty foods.thank me later
Kuku tell him to go strangle himself
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Yorobastard(m): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2018
geekybabe:
ELiminate carbs as much as possible. Replace your carbs with healthier alternatives in fiber and veggies. You might wanna go for a keto diet.

Stop rice. Eat oats and lots of veggies. Eat more proteins like beans.

Nah beans has got more carbs than protein
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Kennydoc(m): 10:47pm On Apr 14, 2018
tetengi4life:
This life na wa o
Pls What Meal do I eat to grow fat? Cos I am slim

As a guy, hit the gym.
I used to be quite slim. My BMI was about 19-20 then. Later, I got a dumb bell and started lifting. Over a few years, I've grown much muscles, and my weight improved so significantly that my BMI is more than 25 now.
Weight lifting helps you to build your chest, arm and shoulder muscles. Because it makes you hungry, you tend to eat more and ultimately, you will gain not just muscles but even a bit of fats.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by FreshMekanik: 11:09pm On Apr 14, 2018
What meals do I need to eat or avoid so that I can get fat?
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by jara: 11:22pm On Apr 14, 2018
This discussion has been very informative. Even the jokes are enlightening.

The disagreement here is not unusual. Medical and nutrition journals are of varied opinions and research. But a retrospective study over some years, I think about 30 years, came to the conclusion that emphasis should be placed on portion because there was no statistical difference in weight gain between protein and carb. diets.

Until recently, Asians ate a good amount of carbohydrates without much increase in weight. Since protein has been introduced more into their diets because they are getting wealthy, they have seen increase in weight gain. Some of you may remember Atkins protein diet and Mediterranean diet. People lost weight on both.

As for oil, there are saturated and unsaturated fat. None come solely without the other. Oil is essential for our body.

To make it worse, there are people genetically programmed to get fat if they have fat parents. In those cases, they have a greater task than most people not to look like mom or dad. Yet, we blame and even laugh at them. It is not easy for them but better for them to get control of their weight. The amount of diseases that they are predisposed to make losing weight a better task.

Of course, sugar should be labelled like cigarettes. The western world is now promoting palm oil after discouraging it for years.

Eat less, as I indicated in earlier post, but varieties of African foods. Oats and wheat are promoted for western patronage and African inferiority complex. Preference for white bread is a good example; instead of cassava or cocoa bread; which are bought at a premium outside Nigeria.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by enabledgoddess(f): 11:46pm On Apr 14, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Thank me later

Where can I get green tea?
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 15, 2018
Shukusheka:
Hey guys I need your help, the way I'm adding weight these days is alarming and worrisome. I was weighing 74kg last year, I checked my weight last week I was weighing a whooping 85kg. shocked

I'm adding excessive fat on my cheeks, laps, and my stomach is beginning to protrude like I mistakenly swallowed a calabash.

I understand losing weight is 70% dieting and 30% exercise, so I need help to know the meals I need to avoid and what I need to take also to help shed some of the weight. I'm really keen on dropping down to at least 72 by the end of this year.

I do my sit-ups and I have cut down on my late night meals but I'm not seeing much improvement.

Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
DopeJemi

Note that only food causes weight gain.

Reduce the quantity of the food u eat per meal.

Stop eating dinner.

Focus ur diet to be more of proteins n less of carbohydrates.

Most importantly, completely remove Soft drinks, alchol, indomie, juice n other processed foods is a complete NO NO.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Nobody: 1:20am On Apr 15, 2018
Support Arsenal fc and play bet9ja if you want loose fat thinking will not kill you! grin grin grin
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:06am On Apr 15, 2018
adaxxy:
Bad advice...
Trust me you'll have ulcer ...
You only take green tea 30mins after meal not in an empty stomach ooo
No go buy yeye tea come call that one green tea ooooo

Green tea are made from natural herbs and its hardly injurious to health

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:11am On Apr 15, 2018
enabledgoddess:

Where can I get green tea?
visit any pharmaceutical store

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by madjune(m): 4:32am On Apr 15, 2018
Volunteer at a car wash for a month.

Start from there for weight loss.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by akokoniko: 6:06am On Apr 15, 2018
Just turn ur head to the right and then to the left every time u are offered food, but if u are female always check ur husband's or boy friend messages, it helps loose weight faster.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Innov8ve1: 6:54am On Apr 15, 2018
Do you need a website or blog? I design fast and responsive websites at an affordable rate. Contact me via the email address on my profile, not Nairaland email o
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by bucky123(m): 7:55am On Apr 15, 2018
Shukusheka:

Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
DopeJemi

Hello Shukusheka,

Weight loss is really not as complicated as people make it seem. It's quite simple, you have to be at a calorie deficit to lose weight, what this means is that the calories you burn in a day must be more than the calories you take in . So simply eating 500cal less than what you normally eat will eventually make you lose fat it might take longer but it will happen. To do this, you need to start counting calories, you can download apps like LoseIt! Or Under armour's myfitnesspal to help keep track of your macronutrients. I'd also recommend intermittent fasting (I have been intermittent fasting for close to a year) as it will improve your metabolism and insulin resistance.

You should also do aerobic exercises: find some kind of activity you enjoy doing maybe running, jogging, walking, etc. Just make sure you're not sedentary. Make it an habit to take about 8,000 to 10,000 steps per day.

As a matter of fact, shukusheka, you must lift weights, to me that is the best way to burn fat. It will not only build your muscle but it will cut through all that fat like hot knife through butter. See, growing muscles need lots of energy so your body will turn to your fat reserves to get the needed energy. The result is that you will get a lean ( more muscle, less fat) structure.

If you can combine all of these ( proper nutrition, cardio, weightlifting) and you are consistent, you will reduce your body fat . Don't expect it to happen overnight because it didn't take overnight to accumulate all the fat you want to lose. It will take time.

I believe you don't want to lose fat now and gain it again so get ready to make this your lifestyle. If you really want to do this, you have to make it a priority. You have only one body to live in, put it in the best shape possible.

If you're around Ikeja, holla and I'll hook you up.

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Smytter(m): 9:07am On Apr 15, 2018
Diso60090:

Not good year but style
i think i understand
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Emotionss: 10:30am On Apr 15, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Shukusheka:

Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
DopeJemi

Op take green coffee beans extracts and thank me later.

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by IAMMRTWHYTE(m): 11:21am On Apr 15, 2018
Reduce your appetite and increase your level of exercise.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Vitalino: 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2018
watch your diet and eat less of food rich in carbohydrate
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by DavSagacity(m): 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2018
what is your Height. I need to calculate your body index before you can conclude that you are getting fat. what's your Height..?.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by DavSagacity(m): 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2018
[quote author=abrahym post=66703517]Avoid eating late nights
Anything 830pm . I don't eat night food and it's working for me[/quotHello bro, I used to eat between 11 p.m and 1 am whenever I finish reading back then in school. The opp should first tell us his height and the nature of his work. Does he engage in physical exercise at all.??. Eating late does not apply to everybody.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is This Dish Called? (picture) / Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. / Hilda Baci Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Cooking Marathon

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59