Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,771 members, 7,798,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? (43156 Views)

Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) / Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? / This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Yooguyz: 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2018
Shukusheka:
Hey guys I need your help, the way I'm adding weight these days is alarming and worrisome. I was weighing 74kg last year, I checked my weight last week I was weighing a whooping 85kg. shocked

I'm adding excessive fat on my cheeks, laps, and my stomach is beginning to protrude like I mistakenly swallowed a calabash.

I understand losing weight is 70% dieting and 30% exercise, so I need help to know the meals I need to avoid and what I need to take also to help shed some of the weight. I'm really keen on dropping down to at least 72 by the end of this year.

I do my sit-ups and I have cut down on my late night meals but I'm not seeing much improvement.

Cc: Jagugu88li
Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
DopeJemi

What you are experiencing is called metabolism damage. Google up on metabolism damage and reset. Your body is resisting efforts to shed off fat and is instead forcing you to add up. Due to years of excessive dieting. Take a break from dieting and exercise and then eat at maintenance level. Observe the quantity of food you eat and its effect on your body (scale, measuring tape) so that you can know the limit of your food intake.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by enabledgoddess(f): 8:24pm On Apr 15, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

visit any pharmaceutical store

Thank you. We check it out
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Sirmuel1(m): 10:17am On Apr 16, 2018
ABJDOT:
Life is really funny! I too want food that can be make me to just add more weight oo, I have been eating and sleeping alot this days, but still no change.

That's life cheesy
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by meobizy(f): 10:45am On Oct 13, 2018
As people age they add weight. This is inevitable. The only thing one should do is regularly exercise to maintain a healthy weight.
Sit-ups are not enough, engage in push-ups and running as a supplement. You may add more weight but it will come as an added benefit.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by tck2000(m): 12:11am On Aug 18, 2019
/
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by kenkel: 11:16am On Aug 18, 2019
uamose:
na wao oo
every aboki with him kettle
No matter wat I eat I won't add weight
I still dey like dry fish
I go as far as eating at night 2am, 3am Notin...
you don't know how lucky you are
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by Rubyventures: 10:01am On Aug 19, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Na wa.
OP is a man and he is bothered about his weight; sounds gayish to me.
I'd just say you should excercise more; play soccer and have regular sex.

Forget food,
Diets don't work on Nigerian's body, because hardship has altered our DNA.

If it is a woman,
It's simple, just tell your man not to release inside you.

Nothing wrong in a man watching his weight and looking after himself.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by philismary(f): 4:16pm On Aug 19, 2019
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Dnt drink Kunu.
N b playing betnaija. E go kip u feet.
Seriously??
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by ThaRealNyke: 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
*OAT MEAL WHEAT FLOUR*
*Gluten free*
40K = 25KG Bags
NEWLY SHIPPED-IN ARRIVAL IN STORE

*Call/Text/WhatsApp: +23408069829826 Martins Chima*

It's versatility is amazing: It mixes easily with smoothies, it can easily be added to baked foods like muffins, cookies, cakes, brownies, pancakes, biscuits, bread, porridge, and also for servings with soup as swallow, and much more.
It is an excellent source of dietary fiber and it is higher in protein and healthy fats, and lower in carbohydrates than most other whole grains.
It's taste, aroma, white and brown color is perfect. The best healthy and affordable meal you can get.

Produced by Morning Foods Limited, Crewe, CW2, United Kingdom, an Independent British Company.

25kg Bag = Affordable @ 40K

Call/Text/WhatsApp: +2348069829826 Martins Chima

*OAT MEAL WHEAT FLOUR*

Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by jakeschafer: 8:44am On Feb 23
To avoid gaining fat, it's essential to steer clear of meals high in refined sugars, unhealthy fats, and processed carbohydrates. Skip fast food burgers, sugary sodas, and deep-fried snacks, as they contribute to weight gain. Instead, opt for nutrient-dense foods like lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. Incorporating healthy fats from sources like avocados, nuts, and seeds can also support satiety and overall well-being. Remember, balance is key, so enjoy indulgences in moderation. And remember, a fat lot of good comes from choosing organically grown produce and minimally processed foods, which can enhance nutritional value and support a healthier lifestyle.
Re: What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? by sunsweet33: 5:51pm On Feb 24
BiafranDel:
close your mouth before fly enter.
back to the topic
op why didnt you just ask google the question directly instead of posting it here. i cant even believe this kind of question is coming from a guy. this is the kind of question "girls" ask not guys.

Because most of the advice available on Google is aimed at people living in western countries eating American and Chinese foods.

Even 6 years after the OP made the post I am grateful that he asked because I would love to know how to eat healthily in an African context.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is This Dish Called? (picture) / Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. / What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.