Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation (24184 Views)

Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction / Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) / Richard Akindele: Monica Osagie Sent Nudes To Me, Why I Demanded 5 Rounds Of Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by danowena: 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2018
cleric:
All I can say to all these is that “Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden.”

― Phaedrus

I pray we find out what really happened to either punish or vindicate the accused.

You are definitely intelligent.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by link2ok22: 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2018
Ok
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by AreaFada2: 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2018
Kingsley10000:
I know this ashawo girl must have been bleeping other
lecturers just to pass....when I was a student,we had
many of them in my department.......beautiful endowed
ladies with empty brain
if she had studied her books,she would have passed..most of
them do cohabit with their bfs and bleep every night,when
would they have time to read?stupid slay bitch
she would have asked for remark of her paper but it's apparent she failed

At least the prof who is not olodo should not be lured by an olodo girl, abi?

There are ethical rules in any job. Inflating marks for reasons beyond correcting an error or yielding to fear or threat is wrong and rubbishes reputation of any school. Even if the girl was his niece or friend's daughter and the prof did or promised to do it for free and no sex it is still wrong and sack-able.

He compromised the ethos of his job & abused his position of authority. No excuse whatsoever. We cannot be setting ourselves very low standards. If he does his job properly there are procedures in place to handle cases of students who under-perform. Except you want to tell us sex for grades is part of the procedure. grin cheesy

In any civilised country what would matter is whether he was the one in the audio. Because no evidence he was threatened. In fact he was the one harassing the girl and even setting/dictating how many times he needed sex to upgrade her marks.

Who is to say he didn't deliberately fail her to be able to have sex with a girl he always desired? shocked shocked

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by ikemesit4477: 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2018
dre11:

•No official complaint yet, three days after committee was set up –Source

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/04/sex-for-marks-lecturer-may-go-free-investigation/

The part that got me laughing from the audio conversation is when the lady said' professor akindele I was doing my period, the angry professor said stop mentioning my name! grin grin

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Abbeybailey(m): 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2018
Fvcked up country and system that allows a prof selling grades for pusssssy. What a shame.

4 Likes

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by partnerbiz4: 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2018
Kingsley10000:
ladies with empty brain

A lecturer could still victimize a student by giving her an F so as to smash her.

I witnessed such..

5 Likes

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by goodnews777: 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
Is Nigerian justice system different from that of other civilized world ?. So, are they saying if he killed her, they will be looking for her to testify against him? The professor is not denying that he was in the tape, there is a student he gave that mark, etc. They are not persecuting him because he is not alone. It will open a can of worms.
That man should have immediately been arrested and questioned, other students classmates of the girl would have been questioned who could easily identified the student in question. Its not rocket science, that girl is afraid for her life. She could be kidnapped and killed. The school should do the needful and turn the case over to EFCC immediately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by ivolt: 4:04pm On Apr 15, 2018
emmasege:
And neither does it make him guilty of the crime. No be so?
He is 100% guilty.

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by emmasege: 4:04pm On Apr 15, 2018
MrHistorian:
OAU should please spare me this huge balderdash accompanied with nonsense.

What do they mean by the "accuser not coming forward"? I really do not understand. The audio clip has been released, conversation was recorded. Why must the 'lady' present herself to the enquiry panel? A sane institution is expected to fairly evaluate the evidence, call the accused culprit and take the role of the prosecutor.

OK, let's assume a notorious cultist member deliberately kills a lecturer for some unknown reasons. Will the dead lecturer be expected tell his own story before OAU address the case if there are enough evidences?

It's lucidly apparent that the traditional protection of lecturers in face of undeniable offences is still prevalent in a top flight academic like OAU.

NONSENSE!
You didn't get it. That Prof cannot be prosecuted or tried without the other party. He'll obviously deny the audio or ever having anything to do with the girl.

That's not to say that he won't pay for 'walking' in that inglorious arena. His name and career are already experiencing a nose-dive as we speak.

If the girl really wanted to bring him down absolutely without making a physical appearance at the panel, she could've used video evidence as well or look for some other strong evidence.

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2018
sam22222:

Nonsense women
In daytime, they are FEMINISTS
In the night, they are SUGARMUMMIES

I imagine the young boy banging the likes of OPRAH WINFREY every night angry
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by seunfape(m): 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2018
He should go Scot free ,sex for mark is part of Nigeria university system.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by ivolt: 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2018
cleric:
All I can say to all these is that “Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden.”

― Phaedrus

I pray we find out what really happened to either punish or vindicate the accused.

You have said nothing useful.
There is no level-playing ground for the student to come out.
She risks never graduating from that university if she does.

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Jabioro: 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2018
This is a lenghty talk with an empty end.Do not worry,with all the praises,ecomius and worshipping by the pastors you are still asking me whether we are in the church..Corruption backing corruption,it would definitely leave behind an obvious evidence/proof...
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Bamz(m): 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2018
Kingsley10000:
ladies with empty brain

If I'm to rephrase what you put up: you're

1. Saying that an adult can't live their life as it pleases them (anyone can be in any relationship as they please,and if it affects their academics, they bear the brunt)

2. Indirectly advocating for the lecturer who is supposed to be at the forefront of instilling character (and not just learning) in students

Very well done

2 Likes

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by calliope(f): 4:18pm On Apr 15, 2018
Cc: J2381
you know why I mentioned you ba?

I realized we can't beat the system. You'd only end up frustrated and shamed.

This is why I had to bow my head in defeat and walk away. Because the system is way bigger and stronger than anyone who dares challenge it. It's a fundamental problem. And this case is evident to prove that.

5 Likes

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Dbakre1: 4:25pm On Apr 15, 2018
MrHistorian:

What do they mean by the "accuser not coming forward"? I really do not understand. The audio clip has been released, conversation was recorded. Why must the 'lady' present herself to the enquiry panel? A sane institution is expected to fairly evaluate the evidence, call the accused culprit and take the role of the prosecutor.

OK, let's assume a notorious cultist member deliberately kills a lecturer for some unknown reasons. Will the dead lecturer be expected tell his own story before OAU address the case if there are enough evidences?

It's lucidly apparent that the traditional protection of lecturers in face of undeniable offences is still prevalent in a top flight academic like OAU.

NONSENSE!
Oga no be so dem dey do am, though u made some good points. The case of a dead victim is entirely different here. For a complete trial, the lady must appear to make a statement and get cross examined as the adjudicating officers deem necessary. Apart from the audio evidences, many other things necessary in an unbiased investigation must be carried out too, so that the accused will not have a place to hide. Complaint will be read to the accused during trial and other things will follow suit. No case if the victim is not willing to appear, no two way about it.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Lomprico2: 4:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
Its not a 'may', he will go scot free even if d girls show up.

No be naija again? undecided
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by onadana: 4:44pm On Apr 15, 2018
MrHistorian:

NONSENSE!

Excuse me..it's just like a murder case.No body no crime.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by onadana: 4:45pm On Apr 15, 2018
MrHistorian:

NONSENSE!

Excuse me..it's just like a murder case.No bo....dy no crime.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Praktikals(m): 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2018
Kaxmytex:
With just one yeye audio recording, what do you expect?

Unfortunately, the girl cannot finish what she started..

Now, the lecturer will go scot free while the empty headed girl go retake the course..

Shebi na 33 she get before, let see how she go get 20 now....
Old man no wan rush things with you, he split session to five times, just five o, but yeye girl refuse...

Dis tym around, na she go beg am with ten session but i trust the old man, im go be like "i have decided to stick with my wife, if it's about the course, just study hard and make sure you have 65% attendance "

Gbam!
The prof should have asked for a round for each mark the girl wants.

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2018
#ARRANT RAWBISHNESS!

way back, a Demonic lecturer that felt I was bleeping his loose girlfriend almost failed me.

l petitioned the fool but the school authorities ended up appealing to me and my old man to let go!

the dude is lucky I didn't take the law into my hands.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by J2381: 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2018
calliope:
Cc: J2. 381
you know why I mentioned you ba?

I realized we can't beat the system. You'd only end up frustrated and shamed.

This is why I had to bow my head in defeat and walk away. Because the system is way bigger and stronger than anyone who dares challenge it. It's a fundamental problem. And this case is evident to prove that.
Not always true. The system can be defeated with fact and proof. In this case, the female student has refuse to put a face/name to her voice. So there's literally nothing anybody can do to make that prof pay.

I tell you, if you want to fight the system, you only need to know how. That's all it takes. Many Nigerians are oblivious about how to bend or use the law.

Tell me, how many times did you read your NYSC hand book?
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Temysteve(m): 4:59pm On Apr 15, 2018
MrHistorian:

NONSENSE!
you're just too foolish, firstly! This not a murder case, so i see no reason why the accuser and prosecutor won't show up for physical invetigation. From the audio the whole Nigeria listen too, its very clear the lady in question is a not a novice in such dealing. I am not supporting the prof but before a proper and affirmative evidence can be cemented the lady need to come out frm her hiding place.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Harrisonwo(m): 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2018
If she steps forward, what the board will do is ask for her scripts coupled with the marking scheme of the years claimed to fail the course. There's no way a lady who knows her onus that is if indeed she wrote well will be scared to defend herself.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by asawanathegreat(m): 5:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
He will escape it
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
I have a feeling that the victim must have being threatened or warned
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Antichristus: 5:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
That is Nigeria where people act with impunity. What other evidence is OAU looking for other than to verify the voice in the recording truly is that of the professor in question? Retaining this man undermines qualifications/degrees awarded by this university which, in any case, like other Nigerian universities, already award bogus qualifications. Just another layer of evidence that Nigeria degrees are not worth the paper they're written on. It's a national epidemic. Buhari can't show his school certificate. Many in leadership positions claim to hold qualifications they never gained or those gained from bogus institution. If this man is fired, he would in all probability open a Pandora box. I know a senior lecturer in one of the first generation Nigerian universities whose PhD is from the mill. As I write, you can order your PhD degree from the same institution by paying a few American dollars. How did such a person got appointed into such a university without being properly vetted? Everyone has stench in their cupboards. Nigeria is eternally doomed.

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Kingsley1000(m): 5:21pm On Apr 15, 2018
Kingsley10000:
LMAO, them neva investigate, mehn don start they
prosecute and sentence the innocent man for social
media
I dont just get it. when a man is being harassed, na so
you
go see some feminazi turn detective with their stupid
inferences.
but if na woman them harass, it will be better for that man
to tie a stone to his neck and drown in the river.
and still you go dey see some sh**t load of f**ked up
zombie brains dey come out say them be feminist.
she even accepted the sex gratification.was she forced no?
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by wills2437(m): 5:45pm On Apr 15, 2018
HighIQ:
The man is not guilty. Since he didn't do it. Only a suggestion
eh eh u funny oo. so she go open yansh make him do am b4 she go blow whistle. After u go talk say she enjoy am say maybe d man no give am d mark Na y she con blow whistle
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by Mires: 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2018
I am laughing at the comments on NL. Bloggers and commentators hardly know the intrigues playing out in this matter.

In a University community, there's always a cabal. Most times, these cabals meet in senior staff club. And of a truth, injury to a member of the cabal, is injury to all.

The cabal can take it upon itself to deal decisively with the young girl if she comes out to make a formal submission of what transpired given that the law requires the prosecutor to make a formal submission against the defensed.

As it is today, no one knows the whereabout of the student. Whether she's alive, dead, or assassinated by the cabals or prof's hit men is oblivion to social commentators.

As it is, the case isn't a simple one considering the rank of the personnel involved. If it was a case against a young academic, it would have been celebrated even by professors.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation by wills2437(m): 6:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
AreaFada2:

At least the prof who is not olodo should not be lured by an olodo girl, abi?

There are ethical rules in any job. Inflating marks for reasons beyond correcting an error or yielding to fear or threat is wrong and rubbishes reputation of any school. Even if the girl was his niece or friend's daughter and the prof did or promised to do it for free and no sex it is still wrong and sack-able.

He compromised the ethos of his job & abused his position of authority. No excuse whatsoever. We cannot be setting ourselves very low standards. If does his job properly there are procedures in place to handle cases of student who under-perform. Except you want to tell us sex for grades is part of the procedure. grin cheesy

In any civilised country what would matter is whether he was the one in the audio. Because no evidence he was threatened. In fact he was the one harassing the girl and even setting how money times he needed sex to upgrade her marks.

Who is to say he didn't deliberately fail her to be able to have sex with a girl he always desired? shocked shocked

fact# at least I found sum1 Wu is thinking lyk me
wat if he failed her so dat she can cum 2 him 4 help?
he may av strategised d scenario already. if she wrote d complaint, wat if d letter was nt seen? he claimed dat he was black mailed at least dere are labs in which voices can be tested Nd confirmed. I also support d gal nt cumin out cuz if she did, she would be lambasted 4 spoiling d sch image Nd now dat she didn't cum out pple claim dat she is lying. she just av 2 choose 1 dat favours her most. If she cums out, her lyf may be threatened etc. if m d lady u think I would cum out 2?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: ASUU Calls Off Strike / NANS Close Niger-Bridge Over ASUU Strike / 12-Year-Old Girl Takes $20,000 To School In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.